Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie SPIDERMAN™: FAR FROM HOME

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I hope they introduce Black Cat soon
    They might not be able to, I don't even know how the deal with Sony is but they were lucky to get Spider-man and a couple of his villains (Vulture, Mysterio.) For example, they can't use Venom because Sony is using him themselves, and Black Cat and Spider-Gwen are also franchises I heard Sony wanted to do themselves while having Spidey out on loan. I believe it was a 5 picture loan? Which would expire with this one. Did Disney extend that deal and we haven't heard? Odd MCU would invest so much time on making Spidey so important to their future without another deal in place to keep using him, I haven't heard anything from it.

On topic, this looks good. Mention of a multi-verse and introduction of the elementals of course sets up a lot of potential cool things. The thing people will most likely be looking forward to however, is Mysterio's role. Is he manipulating Fury? Or does he turn rogue halfway through the film? We all know he's the bad guy.

I'll be looking forward to the after credits scenes. They now have Fantastic Four and the X-Men to play with. Do they foreshadow the existence of mutants? Who's the next big bad, and if we get a glimpse, is it Galactus or Dr. Doom? I would do Dr. Doom first, and make Galactus the Thanos of the MCU 10 years down the line. Too soon to use Apocalyspe (though done proper, Apocalypse could be like Thanos), and they're sure as hell not introducing Phoenix without even doing their own version of the X-Men.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-05-06 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Fixed studio name error

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. So I guess we are going to get the whole "Why not just call *insert other hero/es here*" in every single solo marvel movie from now until eternity, huh? Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    They might not be able to, I don't even know how the deal with FOX is but they were lucky to get Spider-man and a couple of his villains (Vulture, Mysterio.) For example, they can't use Venom because FOX is using him themselves, and Black Cat and Spider-Gwen are also franchises I heard FOX wanted to do themselves while having Spidey out on loan. I believe it was a 5 picture loan? Which would expire with this one. Did Disney extend that deal and we haven't heard? Odd MCU would invest so much time on making Spidey so important to their future without another deal in place to keep using him, I haven't heard anything from it.
    Sony, not Fox.

I would imagine it has been very profitable for Sony so they would be foolish to want to stop that deal now.

10+ Year Old Account
    That... That actually looks a lot better. I was initially a little unsure about this film, after REALLY not liking Homecoming. First trailer didn't really do it for me... But this one has the hyped dialed up a little. Still probably not a day one movie, but at least first week now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Hmm.. So I guess we are going to get the whole "Why not just call *insert other hero/es here*" in every single solo marvel movie from now until eternity, huh? Annoying.

Sony, not Fox.

I would imagine it has been very profitable for Sony so they would be foolish to want to stop that deal now.
    D'oh, yeah, meant Sony. Yeah, but I wouldn't bank on it until it's been confirmed they extended the deal. I guess they must have if Marvel Studios is going all in making Spider-man a continued large focus of their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Sony, not Fox.

Has there ever been a point where Sony has had a major success and then didn't screw themselves over due to sheer stupidity?

It was a fun trailer, but now I do wonder if we'd have been better off not knowing it's Mysterio. How much of what they're saying is true regarding alternate realities? Is Mysterio really from an alternate earth or just lying the entire time? It makes the "big reveal" heel-turn a bit less when you're aware of Mysterio's M.O.

I don't really want Spiderman to be the next Iron Man though, and I also don't want Spiderman to spend any more time trying to think he might possibly be the next Ironman.

I do imagine Marvel has planned out how to use Spiderman more, either offering Sony a good deal or just buying out Sony Pictures this year... :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be amusing if they make Mysterio a good guy in the MCU exactly because everybody expects him to be a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Has there ever been a point where Sony has had a major success and then didn't screw themselves over due to sheer stupidity?
    I was thinking that too. As it relates to Spider-man, shelving Spider-man 4 when it made them 890.90 million at the box office just due to how critics reacted to reboot it so quickly when all parties were willing to come back was stupid for starters. No matter how much people hated Spider-man 3, they might have turned out in even more numbers if 4 was billed as the end of it all than a re-make with a Twilight pretty boy look-alike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It'd be amusing if they make Mysterio a good guy in the MCU exactly because everybody expects him to be a villain.
    Doing things because it's unexpected rather than what makes sense never works, especially in adaptations. Having him even start off as the good guy is unexpected enough. Now if we were talking Doc Ock, then it would make sense, since that's already been played with in the Marvel Universe.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Doing things because it's unexpected rather than what makes sense never works, especially in adaptations. Having him even start off as the good guy is unexpected enough. Now if we were talking Doc Ock, then it would make sense, since that's already been played with in the Marvel Universe.
    Doesn't have to be an either-or situation, it can be unexpected and still make sense since we don't know Mysterio's history in the MCU. Suddenly turning comic Mysterio into a hero wouldn't work, no, but the MCU has already had comic book villains that aren't actually villains in the movies.

After what happened with the Mandarin in Iron Man 3, I don't think Marvel is too hot to try messing with future villains.

And isn't Mysterio's whole gimmick that he is using tricks and illusions to pull off his "achievements"?

Loved the trailer. Even more hyped than I already was. I hope the multiverse/good mysterio isnt just a misdirection.

He just spent 5 years on the far side of the universe. Somehow the EU doesn't seem too "far from home" to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Loved the trailer. Even more hyped than I already was. I hope the multiverse/good mysterio isnt just a misdirection.
    I have no problem with a good Mysterio, he might turn bad in a future movie. But yeah the multiverse would be pretty sweet if they can pull it off.
    However I hope they won't go in there and grab a new Iron Man in the future...

Great trailer. Two thoughts:

1) Parker is shown wearing 4 different suits over the course of the trailer

2) The clip introducing Mysterio makes me like Endgame more, because it shows they are not ignoring the side effects of the "sloppy" time travel performed by the Avengers

10+ Year Old Account
    While there is a lot of love about the new Spider-Man I find it one of the weakest franchises in the Marvel Universe, And its all because of the casting and direction, While Tom Holland is great and Keaton as the Vulture were great in the last movie they were the only two standouts of the whole thing.,

And before you ask it's not nothing to do with the race swamp casting either, I actually like Zendaya I think she is great. She isnt a very good Mary Jane but then neither was Kirsten Dunst. And the other cast members are fine too. Zendaya's MJ just seems way too sarcastic and smugish to be the fiery sassy red head that was Mary Jane. Still waiting on that good casting of Mary Jane. Also Tony Revolori is no Flash Thompson either, he is great and enjoyable but once again he isnt Flash. I see what Marvel are trying to do, to create this we don;t wanna retread the same thing, and I understand but you couldn't at least try and perfect it at least?

My big problem is I am not sure what Spider-Man they are trying to tell, it's like Peter Parkers universe and Miles Morales universe were merged, makes me think why they just didn't go straight with a Miles Morals Spider-Man, I'd be frikkin hyped with that, Miles Spiderman would have given a fresh change from the last two Spider-Man series.

And Peter Parkers man crush on Tony Stark is just so cringe, is Tony supposed to be this universes Uncle Ben now lol.

Thats not to say I don;t enjoy the new Spider-Man movies, i'll go and see it and i'll enjoy it, but the casting and story choices seem to be all over the places. Acting is all fine though. And I am pretty pumped for Mysterio personally, he's one of my favourite Spider-Man villains.

I do think Spider-Man has some of the best villians in the Marvel universe.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-06 at 04:49 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    After what happened with the Mandarin in Iron Man 3, I don't think Marvel is too hot to try messing with future villains.

And isn't Mysterio's whole gimmick that he is using tricks and illusions to pull off his "achievements"?
    These are some mighty good tricks and illusions, looking at destroyed cities. :v

Did they just tease a multiverse in the trailer? Could this be the MCU direction after Endgame?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, but the new trailer showed so much, I wonder what's left for Holland to spoil.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    These are some mighty good tricks and illusions, looking at destroyed cities. :v

Did they just tease a multiverse in the trailer? Could this be the MCU direction after Endgame?
    Yes they did, and yes I think it just might be. After all, we've been told that Far From Home would set the stage for Phase 4, right?

Yeah I feel like this Mysterio is very reimagined, which is completely fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    He just spent 5 years on the far side of the universe. Somehow the EU doesn't seem too "far from home" to me...
    Not really, he spent 5 years dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah. I knew they Endgame was going to bring the multiverse to upcoming movies. I don't think they are going to rely on it but it will be a plot device from time to time.

Resident Cosplay Progressive