I'm really starting to think Rhaegal isn't dead. Between Euron saying he's sure he saw the dragon sink beneath the waves to his surprised face in next week's trailer, and finally him being the dragon mount of the resurrected Jon Snow.

CALLING IT!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    My predictions base on nothing for the rest of the story:

1. Arya kills Euron and takes his ship to sail to the west like she always wanted to.
    Sail west?

What's in west?

Also I think Daenerys dies, Jaime dies, Cersei dies, Jon dies, Euron dies, the Hound dies.

Sansa becomes the queen, remarries Tyrion, Varys serves as the hand of the queen. Arya and Gendry will marry each other, but not as Lord and Lady.

Bran becomes the Lord of Winterfell, even though he doesn't want to.

PS. My guess is that Varys kills Daenerys.

Tormund and Jon will meet again, at Jon's funeral.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-05-06 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I am also doubting if Rhaegal is dead and if he is will the Lord of Light step in a revive him? Melisandre clearly said Jon is the Prince That Was Promised and they haven't addressed it at all and if anything last episode and this one were the perfect times to address it.

They are very vague on Rhaegal right now along with unsure of his death(or at least the wording indicates it), and the next episode preview made me think it as well.

Nobody knows what is out west which is why Ayra wants to go west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Looks like Varys and Tyrion have real doubt of Dany and Sansa calls Tyrion out on it. She is definitely showing a mad side to her as well as a paranoid power-hungry conqueror. The threat she directed toward Jon was a glaring red flag and Jon caught it immediately.
    The thing is, Daenerys has never been anything but a brutal conqueror. Every "good" thing she's done was done with the intent of securing support or allegiance to her cause. That's self-interest, not altruism. She's been absolutely brutal to those who stood in her way or crossed her, from the very beginning, in scale to her ability to inflict revenge (early on, she lacked the strength to take action, in some cases, but that was it).

She speaks a lot about "breaking the wheel" that puts nobles at the top and peasants at the bottom, but she's never going to do that. Her entire goal is to take her place at the very top of that pecking order, not to burn it down for an egalitarian system.

Note that when she finds out that Jon is Aegon Targaryen, her first and only concern is with preserving her claim to the throne, without challenge. Jon's claim is better than hers. If it were truly about taking the throne back to avenge her family, it wouldn't matter to her if she or Jon sat the throne. It clearly does matter to her, because she wants personal power, more than to avenge the wrongs done to her family.

She's almost exactly like Cersei. The only real difference is that Cersei's more spiteful about it. But Dany's still going to murder tens of thousands of frightened, innocent civilians, just because Cersei had her BFF killed, so maybe we should scratch "less spiteful" off the fucking list now.

I can't even imagine what they are going to do with Bran. For being the most powerful and all-knowing character he is... he hasn't done anything at all.
    Bran's purpose as a character was to tell Jon he's a Targaryen, and to be bait for the Night King.

That's literally it. Yes, it's a stupid waste of a character.

They haven't touched up on the Night King and White Walkers. His relationship with the White Walkers, the Lord of Light and the Great Other is also forgotten. The writing seems weak right now because the Night King and White Walkers along with the Great Other, the Children of the Forest and the 3-Eyed Raven and the Lord of Light this is the most important story line in the show because it is dealing with deities, undead beings, and mystical beings in general and they just don't even talk about it anymore.
    Really, it's because they have this deep, complex mystical backdrop to the story, and the Battle of Winterfell the writer just said "lol syke" and dropped all of it as irrelevant, with a 15 second scene of Arya stabbing a dude. There won't be answers to any of that, because the writers decided to write it all out as pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Bran's purpose as a character was to tell Jon he's a Targaryen
    But he didn't even do that, Sam did.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another crazy ass prediction that in my mind justifies Bran still being alive. Bran actually is the Night King. Time travel via tree magic is already established. The Night King came to see Bran at Winterfell and warged into Bran and/or the trees before dying. Jon is basically an undead and after he kills Dany and takes the Iron Throne, the last shot of the season is Jon sitting on the throne with his eyes turning blue from being warged into by the Night King.
    What is this, Warlords of Westeros fanfic?

One of the big problems I'm seeing in a lot of media recently is that there's a whole load of hacky writers that seem to throw all kind of narrative sense out of the window in the name of "subverting expectations".

It's very similar to what happened to StarWars. Who's Snoke? Why's he important? What will he.. oh no wait he just got stabbed. I guess none of that matters anymore. I wonder how important Luke will be now she's found him? NOPE he's just going to throw away the lightsaber and milk space-cows. Carry on everybody, nothing to see here!

Who's the Night King? What does he want? How can John beat.. oh no wait he just got stabbed by a girl with no connection to that storyline at all. I guess that whole arc and all this three-eyed raven business wasn't really for anything.

I get it that these random events and circumstances happen IRL but in fantasy-fiction like this you kind of need character arcs and payoff. There's been 8 seasons of Building up the Whitewalkers, the Nightswatch, Jon Snows fight against the NK (who was created specifically to provide an antagonist for him), Brann learning his abilities and building out mysteries. A character who's had zero connection to ANY of the North storyline, taking him out with a dagger and instantly ending that entire arc?? No wonder it just all feels so hollow and has pissed off a lot of fans.

It'd be exactly like, after all the buildup to Voldemorts return in the Harry Potter series he's suddenly shanked by some first year student that's been barely mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    GoT Euron Greyjoy is the Negan of the show. Awful villain.
    lol this 100%.

Lets all just be glad that the NK wasn't killed by another Euron Greyjoy surprise fleet attack in the middle of Winterfell. Wouldn't put it past the writers at the moment, they have a super boner for him.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I can't deny, watching Rhaegal die was heart-warming for some reason. It was also very, very beautifully done - especially the shot through the neck, with all the blood in the air.

Good shit.

Another crazy ass prediction that in my mind justifies Bran still being alive. Bran actually is the Night King. Time travel via tree magic is already established. The Night King came to see Bran at Winterfell and warged into Bran and/or the trees before dying. Jon is basically an undead and after he kills Dany and takes the Iron Throne, the last shot of the season is Jon sitting on the throne with his eyes turning blue from being warged into by the Night King.
    Lol people need to give this shit up, it will make it easier to process the disappointment when you realize DnD are done with the "North of the Wall" stuff.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I have felt more sorrow for the deaths of dragons and dire wolves than I have for any character other than Ned Stark so far.

Nobody knows what is in the west. Arya named her direwolf Nymeria after that one woman Targaryan(?) who sailed to the west but didn't return. She had also said that that is what she wants to do instead of being a lady.
    Not a single Targ sailed West, her lover did (after stealing three dragon eggs to fund her ship).

DnD literally said in an interview not long ago that they can't say if the Night King's story is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    They are still at war, so not scouting or assuming that they might be attacked is entirely foolish. I would have been fine with this if they had at least remembered this and acted accordingly but Euron managed to successfully ambush them regardless. As it stands, she left herself and everyone wide open. I realize that mistakes happen, but damn...
    That's why I said "not THAT big of a stretch". But you're right, a stretch nontheless. I guess last episode, with cavalary charge into pitch darkness, frontline trebuchets and other shit kind of vaccinated me against future idiotic strategic choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    DnD literally said in an interview not long ago that they can't say if the Night King's story is finished.
    Contractually obligated to avoid talking to avoid spoilers for the prequel spin off, dont read that as "There must always be a NK" or something else that implies we will see more of that in GoT. That shit is done, over, kaput.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Nymeria did not sail West, Elissa did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected things to drop off once they got back to dealing with Cersei but dang, that was a terrible episode. Dragons are blind, Varys is just gonna blab all about his misgivings, Tyrion is gonna make the same stupid mistakes over and over. It must be really hard to write clever characters when the writing team is so witless.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's why I said "not THAT big of a stretch". But you're right, a stretch nontheless. I guess last episode, with cavalary charge into pitch darkness, frontline trebuchets and other shit kind of vaccinated me against future idiotic strategic choices.
    Good point. I was expecting what I thought was rational behavior given the circumstances, but the previous issues should have prepared me to expect continuing idiocy. Note to self: don't expect coherence and rationality in the remaining episodes.

Err, still confused about that Bronn scene. Did they really throw four seasons of character development overboard just for...well I don't even know what for, the scene had no impact whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Err, still confused about that Bronn scene. Did they really throw four seasons of character development overboard just for...well I don't even know what for, the scene had no impact whatsoever.
    They needed to write the character off somehow, and I guess that was it *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    People need to rewatch from the start before claiming things like this. Bronn always was distracted by shinier objects. He even referenced Tyrion saying he will always double any offer he gets. Started with defending Tyrion, kept him loyal for a while, had him throw away a castle and wife (even had a plan to kill the older sister so he could claim the title and property) to follow Jaime to Dorne....