im so fucking sick of zarya

best off-tank in the game and possibly the best dps because fuck it why not blizz
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Why have Blizzard went the retard route for people with internet problems? If they disconnect, give them one chance to get back in. If they keep connecting and disconnecting, they should just be shut down from it instantly. Tired of having games where we're playing 5v6 because someone keeps DCing and can't leave because they're reconnecting all the time. It shouldn't be possible, the timer should keep ticking after the second time so I can just leave or stop them from reconnecting again.

Lured a Winston into jumping off a ledge in Blizzard World and had an enemy 3-stack rage quit.

Still wish they would drop this dogshit Endorsement system tho.

endorsement is wierd...
    got to lvl4 a few days later got my boxes and then again a few days later I dropped to lvl 3
    and yes almost every game after my "lvl up" I got endorsement points..

There is intense decay on endorsements, and additionally it goes down if you leave the game early, including during Select Your Hero phase. That's how shitty Blizz codes these days.

Last placement game I had took me five games, each one had 2-3 people just dropping instantly. I don't understand the leaver penalty that so many people are doing this constantly, and the last game that finally launched, my team had a leaver. Fucking wonderful. Placed Gold, which is basically quicksand land, I'm fucked.

Cool game.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    There is intense decay on endorsements, and additionally it goes down if you leave the game early, including during Select Your Hero phase. That's how shitty Blizz codes these days.

Last placement game I had took me five games, each one had 2-3 people just dropping instantly. I don't understand the leaver penalty that so many people are doing this constantly, and the last game that finally launched, my team had a leaver. Fucking wonderful. Placed Gold, which is basically quicksand land, I'm fucked.

Cool game.
    You can carry the game if you deserve to higher rated, unless you are only like 100-300 off where it put you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    You can carry the game if you deserve to higher rated, unless you are only like 100-300 off where it put you.
    I can carry a 5v6? I'm starting to think this is a meme.

According to people in Masters then yes, you should be able to carry a full team because they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    According to people in Masters then yes, you should be able to carry a full team because they do.
    It seems axiomatic to me that if you are a 2500sr player at 500sr then your presence in games below 2500 should be enough to keep your W/L/D favorable until you are above 2000sr.

Oh, and if you are below diamond performance metrics contribute to SR gains, so it is very easy to just play DPS or healer and rapidly climb.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-05-04 at 08:09 PM.

This argument again? What is it about this thread that pulls in people who think they're better than they are?

If you're placed in gold then hey guess what, you're gold. If you think you are better than that then play until you can prove it. The number of times I've tanked down to gold or silver trying to learn a new hero just to bring up my SR again by either improving or moving back to my mains is sufficient to say that you can climb if you're better than your SR, if you can't, you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    This argument again? What is it about this thread that pulls in people who think they're better than they are?

If you're placed in gold then hey guess what, you're gold. If you think you are better than that then play until you can prove it. The number of times I've tanked down to gold or silver trying to learn a new hero just to bring up my SR again by either improving or moving back to my mains is sufficient to say that you can climb if you're better than your SR, if you can't, you deserve it.
    I don’t think anyone brought up that arguement. The question the person made was whether they could carry 5 other players, to which I posted “according to people in Masters then yes.”
    Other people started posting that you should be able to depending on where you sit.
    Didn’t really have anything to do with climbing SR.

I don’t think anyone brought up that arguement. The question the person made was whether they could carry 5 other players, to which I posted “according to people in Masters then yes.”
    Other people started posting that you should be able to depending on where you sit.
    Didn’t really have anything to do with climbing SR.
    So complaining about placing into gold or having to carry games has nothing to do with how representative SR is or acquiring SR?

Hmm, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    So complaining about placing into gold or having to carry games has nothing to do with how representative SR is or acquiring SR?

Hmm, okay.
    Willfully obtuse, much?
    The person wasn’t complaining about SR. They literally made a statement that they are expected to carry a match. He/she didn’t make a comment or complaint about how SR is unfair or broken or how accurate it is. It was more along the lines of if they want to climb they are expected to carry groups, which is more a statement about teamwork.
    Now, you can twist that into being about SR, and hell I might even be wrong and their comment was about that, but I took it to be more about expectations vs reality of skill vs teamwork. Not a direct correlation of how theSR works.
    If you want to make it about SR issues, then we could discuss all day about how that works, what is known and not known, as well as the merits and downfalls between Blizzard’s system and a simple ladder. My opinion is a ladder system would be better as it actually places more emphasis on teamwork rather than the whole me me me mentality we come across in Overwatch.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-05-06 at 06:31 PM.

Willfully obtuse, much?
    The person wasn’t complaining about SR. They literally made a statement that they are expected to carry a match. He/she didn’t make a comment or complaint about how SR is unfair or broken or how accurate it is. It was more along the lines of if they want to climb they are expected to carry groups, which is more a statement about teamwork.
    Now, you can twist that into being about SR, and hell I might even be wrong and their comment was about that, but I took it to be more about expectations vs reality of skill vs teamwork. Not a direct correlation of how theSR works.
    If you want to make it about SR issues, then we could discuss all day about how that works, what is known and not known, as well as the merits and downfalls between Blizzard’s system and a simple ladder. My opinion is a ladder system would be better as it actually places more emphasis on teamwork rather than the whole me me me mentality we come across in Overwatch.
    The SR system sucks, it doesn't punish people enough for bad performance. A lot of people end up higher than they should be because they play with someone that's actually capable of carrying. They need to ramp up the performance metric by like 10x, make those people getting carried get like 1-2 points for a win and the carry like 50, so they can't be carried by people and have to get better themselves and if they lose they should lose 50 and the carry lose like 1-2.

A lot of people are stuck because they hard tilt and don't communicate with their teams and are unwilling to role fill(though any team composition can win up to like masters.) If you can shotcall and keep your team cheerful your W/L/D will improve.

People in lower elos also tend to retreat wayyyyyy too much from winnable engagements.

Real Example: Your Rein is dead but their Ana and Soldier are dead, your Moira is screaming at everyone "BACK UP BACK UP REIN IS DEAD......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    People in lower elos also tend to retreat wayyyyyy too much from winnable engagements.
    LOL WAT
    it's more like they run in 1 vs 5/6 one after another instead of grouping up...

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    LOL WAT
    it's more like they run in 1 vs 5/6 one after another instead of grouping up...
    These are not mutually exclusive?

I tried King's Row Story three times tonight. Three times we lost our Tracer before halfway through. Three times we still made it to the last corridor. Made it on third but fuck leavers.

Story Uprising needs a rebalance, Torb was reworked as well as Mercy, and Uprising was made with the old Mass Rez and Molten Core in mind. Plus Tracer bomb was nerfed.

Can people just fucking STOP endorsing me for one fucking week or something? For fucks sake is it tiring to have to avoid playing heals and spam leave games during set-up just to try to get it down when someone puts me up at 4.