Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    @Nathasil you're absolutely right. Nice explanation, she wants like a Scourge 2.0 and the undead wanted revenge to the scourge and living because of Arthas now he is long gone and Sylvanas is only doing everything for her personal goals and i can see the undead going against her. She ordered her pawn Nathanos and his dark rangers to fill it with blight once she was done talking with the Alliance to destroy Lordaeron, so they couldn't get Lordaeron but doing this she shows how much she cares about this place and the undead: nothing.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-06 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drec8 View Post
    N'zoth rimes well with Azeroth. Wouldn't be surprised if after so many millennia they have now completely merged and Magni is actually healing the Old God. There is no indication that an old gods blood must me oozish or dark, could be this lovely goldish we gather all this time I have the feeling that eventually we will discover this. As for the conflict between Shadow and Death, well who knows, Sylvanas is supposed to be on the same side with the Lich King cosmology wise. So i guess the King is Magni as the "Diamond King".
    If we’re going by backround story you would be right, I believe there was a quote at one point during legion that even suggested N’zoth already was in the process of corrupting Azeroth or about to finish? In any case we’ll see if Blizz forgets this point or even uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by tocoman View Post
    If we’re going by backround story you would be right, I believe there was a quote at one point during legion that even suggested N’zoth already was in the process of corrupting Azeroth or about to finish? In any case we’ll see if Blizz forgets this point or even uses it.
    If i remember correctly the process of corrupting Azeroth was ended by the Pantheon. After their war they imprisoned the Old Gods. It would be logical to assume that N'Zoth somehow found a way to resume the process or alter it by not corrupting but merging (i like that better ). We are talking about thousands of years span so its possible.

And about Sylvana's end game being NZoth, correct me if i am wrong but i think he was a old god whom none knew about, forgotten and only until recently resurfaced. You cant plot against something you didnt know existed until recently.
    Last edited by Drec8; 2019-05-06 at 03:50 PM.

The process of corrupting Azeroth was never stopped by the Pantheon. The Old Gods' minions are to thank for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and let's not forget the Old Gods' whispers and other internal corruption.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can not help but find funny the idea of ​​someone like Sylvanas deceiving an ancient entity that saw the birth of life and civilizations rise and fall, which is known to be the greatest manipulator ever known where even in defeat he wins, an entity worshiped like a God, imagine that same entity being deceived and manipulated by someone like Sylvanas who is so dumb to the point of trusting a Nathezim (Dreadlord), it is more than obvious that Sylvanas is being manipulated by N'zoth, she helped he more than anyone. The eye of the corruptor does not specify who "she is" nor who "queen" and "king" are, N'zoth is a god not a king, and "she" and "queen" may be anyone, as if were not enough the corruptor's eye makes it clear that his predictions are only one in a thousand truths, that is something totally doubtful and improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Yeah, at 5% during the N'zoth fight Sylvanas will jump up behind him and stab him with the empty Xalatath.

Defeating/sealing him away once and for all.
    Good lord, the cringe level is over 9000. Don't even give them that idea, man! To think they could do that and think it would somehow redeem her and wash away all the atrocities and war crimes she committed to end it with her as the hero somehow makes sense is...

*Looks at Grom in Warlords of Draenor's ending.*

Well $%^&.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    While this is very possible, I don't think that this is how it's gonna end. As per all the datamining, we dont even get to fight n'zoth and 8.3 involves dragons, which i'd imagine has to do with space/time travel. Remember, Sylvanas is a strategist, but so is n'zoth. I think that Sylvanas doesn't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, and the king of diamonds is a pawn (magni), as is the PC up till this point. IMO 8.3 will set the stage for the next expansion, which involves us truly working our way to defeat nzoth, may even involve nyalotha. Not sure how it all goes down, but i'd imagine that n'zoth and azeroth are one and the same by the time we get to him. Sargeras was never trying to kill the baby titan, he was trying to kill the old god with the wound.

- - - Updated - - -

Like: Grom Hellscream, Illidan Stormrage and Morrigan?
    Grom wasn't good all along. In either universe. And yeah like the other 2 because it's dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can fully picture Blizzard letting Sylvanas get away with everything:

Sylvanas yells: Citizens of Azeroth, raise your eyes to the skies and observe.

And never acknowledging Teldrassil ever again
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must not have seen the video. They (Azshara and N'zoth) put Sylvanas in power thru Vol'jin because they thought they could make her an ally, but Sylvanas is playing them. That is why she destroyed the fifth world tree. Five world trees, five old gods...each tree, once destroyed, allows the destruction of an old god. The faction war caused by the destruction of the world tree was not her goal but an unintended consequence that she then turns around for her own personal gain. By imprisoning baine, she forces alli + horde to join forces to free him, and then once again they join forces in nazjatar. Had she not baited and then imprisoned baine, the joint effort to free him would not happen, and tensions would be too high for a combined effort against azshara and n'zoth. N'zoth wants sylvanas to have the dagger because he thinks she will use it to imprison the world soul, but she will actually imprison him.
    I cannot forsee him not forseeing this.

The void offers all possible futures - including this one, he could see it, he could know it's a possibility. He would not willingly give her the dagger if there was even the smallest chance she would imprison him.

I also doubt n'zoth can be held in the dagger at this point, i'm not sure the dagger is an old god pokeball like we think. We don't really know enough about xala'tath to even make that conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    So the void wants to kill sylvanas because she is a threat and also wants to give her the dagger ?
    Does'nt make much sense.
    my point exactly.

All of this doesn't even touch on when azshara literally slurps out azerite out of the necklace for her own use, presumably to free n'zoth.

She even states the diamond king has been made into a pawn. Basically that confirms the faction war was a goal for the old gods/azshara to get us to fight over azerite, collect it and literally deliver it to their doorstep, with magni's help.

Between magni and the war that they got started due to having sylvannas be warchief, everything is going according to their plan.

We know that the void has whispered that Sylvanas should die. We know the dagger was left at the request of N'zoth. We know that Sylvanas has the dagger. Ergo, N'zoth believes that the dagger will somehow lead to Sylvanas' death, or N'zoth doesn't have a unified goal with the void, or N'zoth didn't anticipate that Sylvanas would get the dagger (which seems the least likely scenario to me).

Given that the old gods corrupted Deathwing, a being so powerful that it took a raid team plus four dragon aspects plus the "world shaman" wielding the Dragon Soul to defeat, I really don't feel like Sylvanas is beyond old god corruption. Given what happened in MoP, I'm guessing Sylvanas will attempt to use the dagger to harness old god power and then be turned upon by the Alliance and the Horde for her actions. I'd like to see something different going on here, and hopefully the similarities between MoP and BfA are a red herring, but I'm not holding out hope for that. Sylvanas already killed my hope.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2019-05-06 at 05:15 PM.

Plot twist: N'Zoth wants to usurp the Void Lords and rule the Void himself. That's why the Void is afraid of Sylvanas and N'Zoth is not.

Want proof?

Who else but N'Zoth can remove Gorribal from Silithus and heal Azeroth? he is going to save Azeroth and then convince her to go into the Void and fight the Void Lords.

As always, I was correct. I told you people that Afrasiabi and Danuser would turn their waifu into fucking Kerrigan 2.0. Once more the Alliance is denied the vengeance it yearns for. Once more the Alliance served solely as the punching bag to push the Herd's storyline forward.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-06 at 06:57 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

I’ll believe it when I see it.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

You must not have seen the video. They (Azshara and N'zoth) put Sylvanas in power thru Vol'jin because they thought they could make her an ally, but Sylvanas is playing them. That is why she destroyed the fifth world tree. Five world trees, five old gods...each tree, once destroyed, allows the destruction of an old god.
    And she couldn't just have said - especially after directly fighting the Burning Legion thogether with the Alliance - "Guys, we have another thing to take care of together, here's my plan..." If the Burning of the World tree would have been absolutely necessary, neither Tyrande nor Malf would have objected, Malf was never fond of this particular world tree to begin with. They could have evacuated for starters. And then there was her Warbringer cinematic. Clearly the Burning was not intended but a reaction to Delaryn Summermoons last words.

bye bye Nights King, I mean NZoth

I miss playing Starcraft 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    This plot twist is almost stupid enough to be canon.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    I play both sides. So if they turn A dumb banshee in to Kerrigan 2.0 it would be double the disappointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Far more likely that she's been a pawn this entire time, believing herself to be brilliant. Player getting played and all that. Her entire current story arc was sparked by a horrifying afterlife experience after she died on Yogg's blood, prompting a heel turn change in her character towards promoting chaos everywhere she goes. She's a stooge.
    Not likely at all. Sylvanas is Blizzard's baby and an unfuckwithable tactical genius. WoW gets its own Kerrigan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So, it's probably true.
    True. There's so much wrong with that so I wouldn't be shocked if Blizzard thought of it already. There weren't 5 old gods. There were 4 as Chronicle is written in an omniscient manner which means the information being given is 100% fact chronicling history from a standpoint that what is written is EVERYTHING. If somewhere before the first book it said "written by Lorewalker Cho", there being 5 would be plausible. However, it was not written by anyone in the WC universe. There were FOUR old gods. No more, no less.

Teldrassil also wasn't like Nordrassil much like the others weren't. They were simply big trees because they were not blessed by the proper aspects(Teldrassil wasn't blessed by any until Cata and still then not Noz).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drec8 View Post
    N'zoth rimes well with Azeroth. Wouldn't be surprised if after so many millennia they have now completely merged and Magni is actually healing the Old God. There is no indication that an old gods blood must me oozish or dark, could be this lovely goldish we gather all this time I have the feeling that eventually we will discover this. As for the conflict between Shadow and Death (it is revealed that the enemy of shadow = the Light has "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all" = death), well who knows, since Sylvanas is supposed to be on the same side with the Lich King, cosmology wise. So i guess the King is Magni as the "Diamond King".
    .....HE CAN'T HAVE MERGED. The prisons stopped that. That was the point of the prisons. Amanthul was stupid after seeing "hmmm this was bad when I yanked this huge guy out....let's just isolate them so they can't do anything and let this titan mature" rather than letting their minions kill them without ripping them out. Much less Nzoth has been licking his wounds since before the titans came. Honestly when the titans came it was like Homer walking in to see Mr Burns after he attacked him "OH NO I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER THRASHING!" Nzoth is an imbecile and should not have been capable of anything obscenely devastating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    And she couldn't just have said - especially after directly fighting the Burning Legion thogether with the Alliance - "Guys, we have another thing to take care of together, here's my plan..." If the Burning of the World tree would have been absolutely necessary, neither Tyrande nor Malf would have objected, Malf was never fond of this particular world tree to begin with. They could have evacuated for starters. And then there was her Warbringer cinematic. Clearly the Burning was not intended but a reaction to Delaryn Summermoons last words.
    IIRC the only real reason she was in the area was to make the ships go out and then have to turn back midway wasting time while also protecting Silithus AND she wanted to kill Malfurion.