Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So you don’t think a tinker would play any differently from a player using engineering currently? Can you tank with engineering? Can you put on a mechanical suit with engineering?

Maybe you can “roleplay” a tinker with engineering but that is definitely not the same thing for many players. It’s not only about the RP aspect, it is also about the gameplay. I would use the same arguement as you:

“You can equip engineering items, but you cant really do anything with them.”
    A tinker would be great, and I'd play one. It would certainly play differently.

That being said, if you load up with engineering items, it changes how you play. You get several capabilities that aren't normally there. It affects gameplay. It's not just RP or whatever. You can gain stealth, boosters, shields, stealth detection, far sight, mind control, and many other great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    A tinker would be great, and I'd play one. It would certainly play differently.

That being said, if you load up with engineering items, it changes how you play. You get several capabilities that aren't normally there. It affects gameplay. It's not just RP or whatever. You can gain stealth, boosters, shields, stealth detection, far sight, mind control, and many other great things.
    There is still a HUGE difference between having those abilities and actually playing a tinker. Those engineering things wont help you much in a mythic raid for example. I really don't think you can compare the tinker class to the engineering profession.

If a Mage equip a sword it can melee attack right?