View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Surely the centre ground moves according to where the majority vote share lies and is constantly malleable? If 1 in a 1000 people talk to plants and spend the weekend hugging trees like the greenies do, you don't think that one person is extreme? Of course it could be reversed and 999/1000do the tree hugging and 1 doesn't... see what I mean?
    To go back to yougov: https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/res...e-1b0957da78b7

Climate change protesters have been disrupting roads and public transport, aiming to “shut down London” in order to bring attention the their cause. Do you support or oppose these actions?

35% strongly or somewhat support. This number will only grow larger while climate change-denying baby boomers die off (the sooner the better). So, not 1 in 1000 as you state above.

The centre ground, like it or not is occupied currently by the Brexit party. Those moving away from that centre ground are moving towards the extremities... the Lib Dems/Greenies are travelling along that path away from the centre.
    No, this is untrue. Those supporting the Brexit party remain, thankfully, a minority.

Just because you lot can organise your vote / screech the loudest, does not necessarily mean you’ll end up winning. Thank heavens.

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon Mr D, I'm up for an argument tonight.

Bad day in the office - couldn't get my fingers around the chords, as it were.

I genuinely don't know where you're coming from.

If you're trolling: you're doing a very good job, congratulations.

If you're not trolling: you're not doing a very good job because you're failing to convince me - a slightly eurosceptic Remainer (and by this I mean specifically I do not think further fiscal integration of any other than France / Germany / Benelux is a good idea) to get behind Leaving. I still think we should be in the EU benefitting from social integration e.g., Macron's open letter, but opposing fiscal integration

Edit...

And, before you refer to the 1st referendum e.g., teh will of the peoplez, you should look no further than the genuine & likely prospect of a 2nd referendum.

Which you would prefer I voted for on a three way ballot: Remain or Leave with May's deal or Leave with no deal?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't even post coherently, so I'm done.

Going to listen to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and seduce my other half. GN...

Well the Brexit party is a moderate centrist party who just have a desire to uphold democracy

Also a desire to relax negative attitudes to pedophilia in society apparently, unless Claire Fox is an anomaly in the party?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-06 at 08:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    To go back to yougov: https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/res...e-1b0957da78b7

Climate change protesters have been disrupting roads and public transport, aiming to “shut down London” in order to bring attention the their cause. Do you support or oppose these actions?

35% strongly or somewhat support. This number will only grow larger while climate change-denying baby boomers die off (the sooner the better). So, not 1 in 1000 as you state above.

No, this is untrue. Those supporting the Brexit party remain, thankfully, a minority.

Just because you lot can organise your vote / screech the loudest, does not necessarily mean you’ll end up winning. Thank heavens.

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon Mr D, I'm up for an argument tonight.

Bad day in the office - couldn't get my fingers around the chords, as it were.

I genuinely don't know where you're coming from.

If you're trolling: you're doing a very good job, congratulations.

If you're not trolling: you're not doing a very good job because you're failing to convince me - a slightly eurosceptic Remainer (and by this I mean specifically I do not think further fiscal integration of any other than France / Germany / Benelux is a good idea) to get behind Leaving. I still think we should be in the EU benefitting from social integration e.g., Macron's open letter, but opposing fiscal integration

Edit...

And, before you refer to the 1st referendum e.g., teh will of the peoplez, you should look no further than the genuine & likely prospect of a 2nd referendum.

Which you would prefer I voted for on a three way ballot: Remain or Leave with May's deal or Leave with no deal?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't even post coherently, so I'm done.

Going to listen to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and seduce my other half. GN...
    Apologies Nigel I was playing catch up on Game of Thrones...but

Hasn't Le Pen in the last day or two overtaken Macron in EU election polling? I'm not sure Macron's open letter has much legitimacy considering the weekly riots he presides over and the likely coming election results...

And Remain is equal to May's deal, the only Brexit option in that 3 way is to leave with no deal. Are you happy to split the remain vote?

And Beethoven? As you might understand I'm more an Elgar fan for obvious reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Also a desire to relax negative attitudes to pedophilia in society apparently, unless Claire Fox is an anomaly in the party?
    If true, and not a silly quote taken out of context, that's disgraceful. But a party, not a month from launch, is highly likely within the millions and millions drawn to it to have ended up with 1 or 2 bad apples. Contrast that with the Labour and Tory party who have had decades to sort it and yet have failed. What's their excuse?

Are you telling me my vote would be better placed with UKIP? Or if I were in the NW Tommy Robinson? Please advise...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

And Beethoven? As you might understand I'm more an Elgar fan for obvious reasons...
    Mozart.

Mozart.

Mozart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mozart.

Mozart.

Mozart.
    I knew it was one of them continentals...either of them have been bad influence on you. They were the Status Quo of their day, 4 chord wonders and all their music very samey...
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-05-06 at 09:53 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

3% of people don't know if they've watched the film "Withnail And I"

Now - this one, I can relate to. I've definitely started watching it pre/mid/post spliff but I can't swear to have finished watching it.
    "You have done something to your brain. You have made it high. If I lay 10 mls of diazepam on you, it will do something else to your brain. You will make it low. Why trust one drug and not the other? That's politics, innit?"

Another thread-appropriate quote *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I knew it was one of them continentals...either of them have been bad influence on you. They were the Status Quo of their day, 4 chord wonders and all their music very samey...
    Absolute, unspeakable, uncultured goat.

Tchaikovsky?

Edit: Catching up on the entire segment of conversation - no I wasn't trying to suggest Eine Kliene was Tchaikovsky, just that he's pretty damn good and I'd be genuinely curious if Dribbs wants to poohpooh him in the same way (I kinda agree to an extent about the Beethoven/Mozart comment. A small extent. Very small)
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-05-06 at 09:57 PM.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Absolute, unspeakable, uncultured goat.
    Shit. I need to focus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Tchaikovsky?

Edit: Catching up on the entire segment of conversation - no I wasn't trying to suggest Eine Kliene was Tchaikovsky, just that he's pretty damn good and I'd be genuinely curious if Dribbs wants to poohpooh him in the same way (I kinda agree to an extent about the Beethoven/Mozart comment. A small extent. Very small)
    Not wanting to fall into a Russian trap, but yeah he's pretty fine. There's an absolute case the EU anthem should be his 1812 Overture rather than that insipid Ode to fucking Joy.

Not wanting to fall into a Russian trap, but yeah he's pretty fine. There's an absolute case the EU anthem should be his 1812 Overture rather than that insipid Ode to fucking Joy.
    Well then. That's okay.

If true, and not a silly quote taken out of context, that's disgraceful. But a party, not a month from launch, is highly likely within the millions and millions drawn to it to have ended up with 1 or 2 bad apples.
    You tell me?

I mean, when someone's views are so disgusting that even UKIP are calling them out for it...

Edit - bless UKIP twitter supporters for not being able to tell the difference between UKIP and the Brexit Party
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-06 at 10:26 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't fix the Irish Border, will require the same withdrawal agreement as exists today.
    I wasnt serious

However Britain has in action (if not in word) made it clear that they themselves as a whole do not want any of the issues fixed

7+ Year Old Account
    You tell me?

I mean, when someone's views are so disgusting that even UKIP are calling them out for it...

Edit - bless UKIP twitter supporters for not being able to tell the difference between UKIP and the Brexit Party
    Ahhh but I asked you to tell me first...

And yet your reply is lacking the required advice I requested? Quite simply you have the choice of two in my area.The Widdecombe or Sargon? I am going to vote for one of them, which do you suggest?

In other news the postman delivered my voting cards today and you will be quite cheered to know that as a proxy for somebody I get two votes eurochums. After careful discussion they are happy to go with whatever my choice is, surprise surprise and happy happy days.

And yet your reply is lacking the required advice I requested? Quite simply you have the choice of two in my area.The Widdecombe or Sargon? I am going to vote for one of them, which do you suggest?
    If I was in the situation of having to pick between voting for a party that defends candidates who "condone violence against children" (to quote UKIP) vs voting for a party that defends candidates who are under police investigation for threatening to rape their political opponents - I would probably start questioning my life choices.

If I was in the situation of having to pick between voting for a party that defends candidates who "condone violence against children" (to quote UKIP) vs voting for a party that defends candidates who are under police investigation for threatening to rape their political opponents - I would probably start questioning my life choices.
    Let's be real here, he'd vote for Pennywise is that clown supported Brexit.

Ahhh but I asked you to tell me first...

In other news the postman delivered my voting cards today and you will be quite cheered to know that as a proxy for somebody I get two votes eurochums. After careful discussion they are happy to go with whatever my choice is, surprise surprise and happy happy days.
    If you live in the South West and want to vote for UKIP you will be voting for some bloke called Lawrence Webb since he's first on the ticket (GL winning 2 seats with >5% of the vote). Looks like he's been pretty quiet lately but his profile from 2012 on the BBC makes him sound like a real stand up guy. Please vote for him, every vote counts and you spoiling 2 of them is great news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17629855

Widdecombe would be the best way to spend your vote if you're obsessed with voting for a personality. She's first on the ticket with a party that will actually be claiming seats.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-07 at 11:13 AM.

I love how it's been a year and a half and the thread title remains 100% accurate.

A total of 19% of those polled either don't know that the Brexit Party is pro-Brexit or think that it's anti-Brexit.

19% who are that dumb? Literally, they shouldn't be allowed to vote. It brings out my inner fascist.
    Reminds me of how Coke Zero rebranded to "Coke No Sugar" after a lot of testing which indicated that when asked "how much sugar does Coke Zero have?", about 50% guessed a number other than zero.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-05-07 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    You would think that if they are as bad as you say, they wouldn't be allowed to stand? Or if they are guilty of those crimes that you allege at the least locked up and the keys thrown away.

Strange that they are free to stand for election as pillars of the community. Why do you think that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    If you live in the South West and want to vote for UKIP you will be voting for some bloke called Lawrence Webb since he's first on the ticket (GL winning 2 seats with >5% of the vote). Looks like he's been pretty quiet lately but his profile from 2012 on the BBC makes him sound like a real stand up guy. Please vote for him, every vote counts and you spoiling 2 of them is great news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17629855

Widdecombe would be the best way to spend your vote if you're obsessed with voting for a personality. She's first on the ticket with a party that will actually be claiming seats.
    Now that the Brexit party seem likely to become the new Conservative party, as Tory funding collapses and is diverted to the BXP, and given her past connections I tend to agree.

BREAKING Nigel Farage says he is now in talks with Tory donors about funding its general election campaign.

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...05488593768448

Two votes coming up for the Widdecombe!

If you are looking to Remain could you enlighten me who you would vote for? If there is such support for Remain why isn't Chukkas lot doing better in the polls? I'd quite like to know who the Brexit opposition is, but there doesn't seem to be any...

If you are looking to Remain could you enlighten me who you would vote for? If there is such support for Remain why isn't Chukkas lot doing better in the polls? I'd quite like to know who the Brexit opposition is, but there doesn't seem to be any...
    <INSERT GIF OF TOM HARDY SAYING "that's bait" IN MAD MAX>

Lib Dem, Green and Change UK are polling equally as of last week so any of those 3. Would be nice if they worked together or Labour came out on a second ref to solidify the vote into one clear channel and amplify the Remain vote but no chance of that.

Personally I'll be trying to find local polling for my area for voting which ever Remain party is polling the highest, if I can't I'll vote Green because it's to cast a vote for saving humanity for our children.