Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Insults will not get you anyplace but on someone's ignore list.

Society could do without those who hate any religion so bad they would want it eliminated also. You are talking about billions of people who would die rather than give up their religion. The only way you can realistically and effectively carry out it's elimination is with total genocide. Otherwise it is just foolish talk.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying I want religion to be completely eliminated, I'm fine with it being something everyone chooses to do in their own homes, with no impact on the public as a whole. You want to pray to and worship some sky magic dude, go for it. My main problem is with religion as an institution, or more exactly the church. A bunch of corrupt fucks trying to brainwash poor people and push them towards the political party that supports them. At least that's the case in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Oh yeah?
    Yes. That's exactly correct.

Feel free to keep trying to backpeddle on your ignorance. No one'll notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Insults will not get you anyplace but on someone's ignore list.

Society could do without those who hate any religion so bad they would want it eliminated also. You are talking about billions of people who would die rather than give up their religion. The only way you can realistically and effectively carry out it's elimination is with total genocide. Otherwise it is just foolish talk.
    The best way to realistically and effectively get rid of religion would be to use science. It's slowly working. The more generations that die out the closer we'll be.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2019-05-07 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah? What are you going to do about those who won't give up their beliefs? We know how it went in soviet when they tried to get rid of religion. Are you going to become a "true blabla has not been tried yet"? As if it would be any different to other times people have tried to get rid of religion and people died as a result?
    I would tear down churches or turn them into something else, like libraries or schools, and ban institutionalized religion. Let them do whatever they want in their own houses.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The best way to realistically and effectively get rid of elimination would be to use science. It's slowly working. The more generations that die out the closer we'll be.
    For some. And how you perceive something is working, depends on where you live. Meanwhile, millions are born and raised under a religion of some kind around the globe. Science is not accepted as a god for everyone. Just a good tool humans can use.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    And when people resist?
    Arrest them/fine them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying I want religion to be completely eliminated, I'm fine with it being something everyone chooses to do in their own homes, with no impact on the public as a whole. You want to pray to and worship some sky magic dude, go for it. My main problem is with religion as an institution, or more exactly the church. A bunch of corrupt fucks trying to brainwash poor people and push them towards the political party that supports them. At least that's the case in my country.
    I agree with you on that. Let those who want to believe, do so without persecution, unless they are directly harming others in clear and obvious ways. Like some terrorists of religions who want to kill those of a certain religious belief. See, we can have disagreements without insults.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    You should really learn what words mean before you use them.

Hint: Saying religions should be obliterated isn't genocide.
    How do you obliterate an ideology?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every religion has a god.
    True. But generally speaking, if you mention you are religious, people will think you worship a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If it offended an ethnic minority you would probably be fine with it though right.
    Exactly what I was going to say... if the painting had been "offensive" to Muslims or blacks I bet the post would be "why isn't this barbarian getting prison for life and why did it take so long to catch them!?"

Not every religion has a god.
    What religion doesn't have a concept of god/gods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah? What are you going to do about those who won't give up their beliefs? We know how it went in soviet when they tried to get rid of religion. Are you going to become a "true blabla has not been tried yet"? As if it would be any different to other times people have tried to get rid of religion and people died as a result?
    You are clearly demonstrating that one of the things they didn't teach in the school you complain about is reading comprehension... or, if they did you didnt' think it was worth learning.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You kill all the followers and anyone that knows the tenets and burn any records of it.
    That's what I was trying to get him to admit. But that will not actually obliterate a religion. You'd have to wipe out almost everyone on Earth. Ideas, no matter how stupid, will remain well past the last human's death.

You should really learn what words mean before you use them.

Hint: Saying religions should be obliterated isn't genocide.
    you dont obliterate religions without obliterating their followers. you guys are a master at plausible deniability, it is truly amazing to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when people resist?
    We'll let you ban them from resisting...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    you dont obliterate religions without obliterating their followers.
    Factually incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How do you obliterate an ideology?
    Preferably through education. You know, just like how you get rid of other equally idiotic beliefs, like Flat Earthers and Anti-Vaxxers.

It takes a while, but they need to be eradicated, just like those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly. If I tell people in my home country that, it is presumed I'm a buddhist. Well, I am but that's besides the point.
    That might be true in Sweden. Or anyplace which is primarily Buddhist believers. But in a lot of parts of the world, it is not. But we are getting off topic and discussions about religion are prohibited on here. And would not surprise me if they shut this thread down.

You kill all the followers and anyone that knows the tenets and burn any records of it.
    Hate to break it to you, but you're the fucking psychopath here.

Preferably through education. You know, just like how you get rid of other equally idiotic beliefs, like Flat Earthers and Anti-Vaxxers.

It takes a while, but they need to be eradicated, just like those things.
    ob·lit·er·ate
    /əˈblidəˌrāt/
    verb
    destroy utterly; wipe out.

You can't obliterate an ideology.

Flat earthers still exist. Anti-vaxxers still exist(and are causing problems RIGHT NOW with the measles outbreak)

Hate to break it to you, but you're the fucking psychopath here.
    This is pretty dishonest. It's a philosophical question. Just like if you'd kill baby Hitler or not. She's not advocating for the obliteration of a people.