Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    One can only hope that, at the very least, we'll be able to choose our faction regardless of race come next expansion and be able to group with anyone regardless of faction. Ideally, there would be no factions (in the sense of playable Horde and playable Alliance).

It'd be good for gameplay and it's basically the only way to salvage the story and the "player choice" given in BfA.

suxh split wont affect WPVP.

I like nercenary mode if Players can "quit" factions for good and choose who they fight for for solo content. while Ally and Horde go for background, than we might see one of them defeated or reorganized. etc

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    two faction seems to be outdated. but there doesnot seem to be anything that can change that (adding third faction, or splitting existing faction into two more seems too hard for MMO gameplay)

what if choices, that we are making, will make us choose between two brand new Playable faction?

imagine, that while questing we will have to choose between them. let's say, arm of the light and Forces of Old Gods
    what if all of our characters will make decisions and we will play next expansion(s) as members of new factions, where both current faction playerbases will be split between these new ones (something similar to Pandaren player choice to go from neutral To A or H)
    these new factions might wok similar to Order Halls. but instead of 12 Orders, there will be 2.
    and most important - both Horde and Ally players will be interact with each other

some Orcs choose to worship Light, other Kaldorei choose joining Old Gods forces

would you like something like that?
    technically it can give "end" to existing factions
    and also make all players able to play together. and it will give more opportunities for storytelling
    what if they go with a system like EVE, factions still exist, players could have and farm a rep with them but aren't an actual part of them we are mercs that do job for money; how questing could be handled in a scenario like that? well it's actually pretty simple:
    -Each player gain a stand with every faction/race: from hated(at war) to exalted doing quests/raids/dungeons neutral will grant reps while doing bg/rbg/pvp quest will make you lose rep.
    -Guilds will be true factions a player belong, they could be established in two way: faction specific if the guild charter is registered to the horde or to the alliance by a guild master with the exalted standing and could only be joined by players of that faction with high standing basically making the game work like today for said players. Or the guild could be neutral registered to one of the many neutral faction by a guild master with high standing with that faction (for example exalted with cenarion circle, earth ring, argent crusade etc) those are free to group with any kind of race except for those who are part of a faction specific guild, can do all the quests (an orc accepting killing boar for that human guard of stormwind or a nelf helping orcs against dragons), dungeon and raid except those marked as faction vs faction and obviously pvp.

Actually a system like that is already half in place as we already have reps etc just a bit of programming and the entire faction retardness would be solvef, the problem is that blizzard don't want to lose the ability to start a stupid war to fill half assed xpacks when the need arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks forget we already have a Precident: The Pandaren. They start off factionless. At the end of their intro quest chain, you pick either Horde or Alliance (aside from DoubleAgent, who is level 120 and never left that turtle lol).

I do think a Faction rework is long overdue though Blizzard Devs recently said they'd sooner merge the factions than split them further. Hmm...
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance would need to have some disagreements, but they are too pure to do that.

The Horde though?
    Dissolve that shit
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    any race picking any faction would be the fucking dead of the game lore for good, what a retarded idea of letting, humans and elves join the horde and run free in orgrimmar, or let orcs and trolls join the alliance and run free in stormwind after all that have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    any race picking any faction would be the fucking dead of the game lore for good, what a retarded idea of letting, humans and elves join the horde and run free in orgrimmar, or let orcs and trolls join the alliance and run free in stormwind after all that have passed.
    The increasingly asinine stretches they're taking with the story to justify the faction divide because iTs TeH BasIS of wArcRaFt is what's killing the lore.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The increasingly asinine stretches they're taking with the story to justify the faction divide because iTs TeH BasIS of wArcRaFt is what's killing the lore.
    there is no rly stretches to justify, just basic logic

why a human/elf would join horde or an orc/troll join the alliance unless they have brain damage?

there is no rly stretches to justify, just basic logic

why a human/elf would join horde or an orc/troll join the alliance unless they have brain damage?
    Because they've worked together countless times? Because we had an entire expansion where some pandas hammered in the fact that fighting each other when there are much bigger external threats is idiotic? Because last expansion we identified ourselves with class halls instead, which had their own identities and were vastly more interesting than glomming together into Red vs Blue? Because to justify continuing hostilities out of fucking nowhere, the Horde had to follow the orders of a genocidal maniac for the Xth time rather than using their fucking brains?
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

You didn't forget that Quel'thelas is in the horde now did you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Because they've worked together countless times?
    we barely work together, its more like some individual forces cease fire to attack a common enemy, working together don't erase the past
    Because we had an entire expansion where some pandas hammered in the fact that fighting each other when there are much bigger external threats is idiotic?
    so we fight when there is no external threads, pretty simple
    Because last expansion we identified ourselves with class halls instead, which had their own identities and were vastly more interesting than glomming together into Red vs Blue?
    classhall was a clusterfuck of nonsenses with the sole purpose to defeat the legion because alliance and horde were fucked, and they are gone, they are also were just about the player and some random forces, they do not represent the entire populations of the factions

Because to justify continuing hostilities out of fucking nowhere, the Horde had to follow the orders of a genocidal maniac for the Xth time rather than using their fucking brains?
    this is a problem from the shit writing, not the factions

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    You didn't forget that Quel'thelas is in the horde now did you?
    obliviously when im talking about humans and elves im talking about night elves

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what if they go with a system like EVE, factions still exist, players could have and farm a rep with them but aren't an actual part of them we are mercs that do job for money; how questing could be handled in a scenario like that? well it's actually pretty simple:
    -Each player gain a stand with every faction/race: from hated(at war) to exalted doing quests/raids/dungeons neutral will grant reps while doing bg/rbg/pvp quest will make you lose rep.
    -Guilds will be true factions a player belong, they could be established in two way: faction specific if the guild charter is registered to the horde or to the alliance by a guild master with the exalted standing and could only be joined by players of that faction with high standing basically making the game work like today for said players. Or the guild could be neutral registered to one of the many neutral faction by a guild master with high standing with that faction (for example exalted with cenarion circle, earth ring, argent crusade etc) those are free to group with any kind of race except for those who are part of a faction specific guild, can do all the quests (an orc accepting killing boar for that human guard of stormwind or a nelf helping orcs against dragons), dungeon and raid except those marked as faction vs faction and obviously pvp.

Actually a system like that is already half in place as we already have reps etc just a bit of programming and the entire faction retardness would be solvef, the problem is that blizzard don't want to lose the ability to start a stupid war to fill half assed xpacks when the need arise.
    that would be awesome too

I want a Troll faction. All kinds of Trolls. Blood trolls, dark trolls, forest trolls, ice trolls, jungle trolls, sand trolls, island trolls, steppe trolls and the Zandalari. Could accept Goblins and Orcs. Everyone else GTFO.