Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Read above. You guys are going out of your way to say the writing is bad, rather than even bothering to stop think of how it could make sense. Same thing with WoD. Kneejerk "this does't make sense, Blizz's writing sucks" without even bothering to look past your first gut pull.
    I really hope you're not defending "Draenor is free!!1!" here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Close, but no cigar. It'd end with Sylvanas skree-ing away but not before nailing the Ninety-Five Theses against void elves on the Cathedral door. So convinced will the churchhood be by Sylvanas' ecclestiastical arguments that they immediately revert to their Vanilla-era characterization and burn all void elves at the stake, then begin a holy crusade to kill all Forsaken, worgen and other inhuman beasts. Calia is the first to go.
    I'd love Alliance to become more pious. For the EMPRUH!!! ...and his holy cow, of course.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She'd have to attack herself. She could kill Anduin but she'd most likely end up dead.
    And really, she might actually fail to kill Anduin if she tries using her scream or her necromancy. He might be able to outheal what she can dish out. Human potential and all.
    Well that's why a WAR exists but there's no point anymore for this tiny-motivated little wars, so she just went burning down teldrassil.
    And most fun part is that horde leaders are used to work with Alliance to take down a baddie, so basically we have become less enemies and most of the horde doesn't like what is happening and how it's happening. They would fight for her conditionally if the Alliance has done something bad, which they didn't. Until now tho, killing King Rastakhan i know it came from what happened, but it was still very pointless.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-07 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    If Sylvanas uses these catapults from Teldrassil with blight she could probably blight the entirety of Azeroth.
    Hell, upgrade the launching mechanisms with Azerite doodads and she could launch an offensive on the moon with those. It's a wonder the Goblins in the Baine scenario aren't manufacturing more War of Thorns catapults. Why bother with other weapons when you have them already?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aside from flying (which makes sense in the end as she's a Banshee), all her powers have been established in the Rise of the Lich King or earlier. And Rise of the Lich King will be 10 goddamn years old in 11 days. Long established lore isn't an asspull just because you can't handle Sylvanas existing.
    I'm gonna need page numbers and paragraph references thanks. I am holding the book in my hand right this second and see only mention of her screaming after Kel'thuzad is revived, almost deafening the army and leaving Arthas amused but otherwise unfazed.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    Also, if Sylvanas went to Stormwind and managed to reach the keep and reach Anduin, he could simply incapacite her and oneshot her with light just as he did to a certain dreadlord who sneak into his quarters. No speculation he, he can do it. And a banshee (UNDEAD) is WAY weaker against light than a dreadlord (which happen to be stronger than banshees btw).
    Then why was he afraid of her killing him by just opening her mouth when they met prior to the Gathering? Also, where are you getting that Banshees are weaker against the Light than Dreadlords? Must have missed that chart. On top of that, if Dreadlords are so stronger than Banshees, why was it Sylvanas and not Dreadlords that won the Civil War in the Plaguelands?

Then why was he afraid of her killing him by just opening her mouth when they met prior to the Gathering? Also, where are you getting that Banshees are weaker against the Light than Dreadlords? Must have missed that chart. On top of that, if Dreadlords are so stronger than Banshees, why was it Sylvanas and not Dreadlords that won the Civil War in the Plaguelands?
    Well truth to be told we are forgetting what the undead can do, with more followers, they could do the same sh*tshow they did at the gates of Icecrown, the undead are not weak, and Sylvanas has grown stronger day by day and has way more resources, and as a warchief she could do way more too now than a simple Dark Lady Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Well, Christie Golden could write Jaina soloing entire Orgrimmar. People always blame Danuser but he is the only one who can stop Jaina Golden.

As for the forum, they are noobs who believe that Arthas can solo Argus the Unmaker.
    Yeah she could solo Orgrimmar in that book because she was using a powerful magical artifact that not long before that had been used as a magical nuke. You know... the magical nuke that soloed HER city?

Also, people saying Arthas could solo Argus are HILLARIOUS!

so burning the christmass tree is a genocide but turning all humans in sw to Undead is not?

the bitch isn't invincible just because she's a banshee.

i can't wait to resurrect her as a goldfish.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Hell, upgrade the launching mechanisms with Azerite doodads and she could launch an offensive on the moon with those. It's a wonder the Goblins in the Baine scenario aren't manufacturing more War of Thorns catapults. Why bother with other weapons when you have them already?
    Catapults nothing. The Horde has:

1) A large supply of blight

2) Nightborne capable of opening portals to anywhere

1+2=?

I really hope you're not defending "Draenor is free!!1!" here.
    And this right here is the kind of kneejerk I'm talking about. Thanks for stepping forward and being such a good example. People who have to resort to turning lore into memes to try to mock it are among the lowest common denominator.

I think I am a little tired of the unpunished mass destruction and genocide by Sylvanas:

Wrathgate
    Gilneas
    Hillsbrad
    Teldrassil
    Undercity
    Brennadam

Stormwind next? At this point it's just a statistic, like Islamic Terrorism.

This makes me wonder, if Arthas was to be resurrected now, would he regain his memories as the Lich King, or are they kept by the crown and have since been transferred to Bolvar?
    Likely he keeps all his memories, every undead and even Nathanos remember their days as part of the scourge even if they were in a mindless state. Now the question would be if he reacts badly or if his will is forced to obey which is the most likely case since reviving him with a free will is a bad idea even if he is compelled to kill Jaina and the rest of the alliance because he got bitter with the years, he likes a lot in backstabbing people
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-07 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Yeah she could solo Orgrimmar in that book because she was using a powerful magical artifact that not long before that had been used as a magical nuke. You know... the magical nuke that soloed HER city?
    Orgrimmar was indeed a bad example. I know she had Focusing Iris. However, I am sure that Christie Golden would be able to replace any artifact with flying ship of destruction, let Jaina solo Silvermoon and absolutely forget about the Sunwell.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Soundss like too much work, so I'd say no.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You say I'm bending over backwards to excuse bad writing. I'm saying you're bending over backwards to find reasons to declare their writing bad.
    He's right, you're hilariously wrong. Don't even want to bother to argue, your argument are so idiotic you can't possibly make them in good faith, so a debate would lead nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You mean all the farmers that they've had to call for the war? That strong defense?

I can't wait til they think they can march into Org expecting her to be sitting there like Garrosh while she's on her way to sack Stormwind. Ahh wonderful.
    Lol by that logic then, Orgrimmar's fortress would be piece of cake to breach. Just because they're low on troops to send to war doesn't mean their armed forces are so low that Sylvanas can stroll in there. They're just short on surplus soldiers to send abroad, I very much doubt they'd be pulling numbers out from their defense forces to the point the city would be vulnerable. No intelligent leader would do that, especially during times of war. Invading Stormwind would be a challenge now as it was during any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Lol by that logic then, Orgrimmar's fortress would be piece of cake to breach. Just because they're low on troops to send to war doesn't mean their armed forces are so low that Sylvanas can stroll in there. They're just short on surplus soldiers to send abroad, I very much doubt they'd be pulling numbers out from their defense forces to the point the city would be vulnerable. No intelligent leader would do that, especially during times of war. Invading Stormwind would be a challenge now as it was during any time.
    We are talking about the guy who charged the Forsaken capital and was surprised when they used blight against him, to the point that he would have had to turn around and go home if Jaina and her Elsa-powers hadn't shown up. Never assume intelligence from anyone in BfA, because this entire plot wouldn't happen with intelligent leaders.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Never assume intelligence from anyone in BfA, because this entire plot wouldn't happen with intelligent leaders.
    You've pretty much circumscribed the case with nearly every war in history or fantasy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead