Poll: Are you going for the Scarab Lord title?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I did it twice - once during BC and once in WoTLK. Didn't get title because I was doing it slowly for fun, but did get cool turbans (that Blizzard later ruined).

Your experience on private servers is irrelevant because private servers got a lot of things wrong.

Lol, the quest is the same, the rep per handin is the same, i did not do scarab lord on retail myself, but i helped our scarab lord farm it in real vanilla, private servers are the same. You are simply delusional. You didnt even do it in vanilla and here you claim its sooooo hard. where in tbc and wotlk you could do AQ40 for the rep, which is the actual time consuming part of the quest.
    I was there farming with my guildies, both in retail vanilla and on private server. You dont have a clue what you are talking about. Its not a hard quest, just takes time, and with war effort blocking people from banging the gong, you will see a lot of black qirajis.

You can try to talk down on private servers all you want, but you obviously dont know anything about them, nor how vanilla worked. Yes they are far from perfect, but not that far from it. Gameplay wise, they are 95% few small errors here and there, biggest problem with them is that those who keep them online are unreliable.

EDIT:

Bringing up private servers are beside the point anyway, it was just a example of how hardcore people can go to achieve these kind of things, and thats on a private server that can shut down any moment, with blizzards version with servers that are promised to never shut down, there will be much more people that are willing to put in the effort for something like this.
    The fact that the only thing you commented on my long post was the private server part just shows how little you know.
    Killing the world bosses you mentioned in your first post, is also not needed for the quest.
    Last edited by Roxyfoxy; 2019-05-06 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    There will be 0 Scarab Lords in WoW Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The only titles in vanilla were the PvP ranks.
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!!!111one

In theory, it's possible for EVERY single player on classic to get everything needed to ring the gong - You just have to ring the gong within the few hours after the Gates have been opened.

However, since you can only get, at best, 1 scepter for ringing per BWL raid, it's immensely slow going - Outside of using alts (Which, while possible, wasn't plausible during Classic) to make extra raids, it would take 40 entire weeks to get scepters to the entire raiding group. Assuming that Blizz waits 4 months between BWL and AQ, well, thats oonly enough time for 16 scepters per raid group tops.
    yikes that sums it up for me then lads, id rather not have glaucoma by 30 happy grinding

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naifon View Post
    No wai!
    Too much work. Also the title came with TBC and was not a part of Vanilla iirc.
    Whoa, the ultimate lurker/watcher.
    The site admin should give you a special title!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Title Page
    Scepter Page

Read comments if you're interested. Note that there's a decent amount of misinformation in this thread.

Don't forget that you don't have to be the first to turn in the quest, but you have to turn it in within 10 hours of the gong being rung for the title.

It's possible to do, if you are consistent with it.

I swore that the title existed during vanilla, but it wasn’t “selectable” until later. Oh well I’m probably wrong on that one.

I’m on my phone, what were the requirements again?
    Neutral with Brood of Nozdormu is I think the grind
    There’s a speed run of BWL
    There’s some satyr in Duskwood
    There’s some weird swimming part

But I think the big part was neutral + BWL speed clear
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I swore that the title existed during vanilla, but it wasn’t “selectable” until later. Oh well I’m probably wrong on that one.

I’m on my phone, what were the requirements again?
    Neutral with Brood of Nozdormu is I think the grind
    There’s a speed run of BWL
    There’s some satyr in Duskwood
    There’s some weird swimming part

But I think the big part was neutral + BWL speed clear
    There are many steps to the quest, but the biggest ones are:
    Kill broodlord in BWL to get his head(This is the quest who limits how many people can do this, since you only get 1 head per Bwl clear)
    Rep grind to neutral to be able to talk to the bronze dragon who give you the 3 scepter shard quests

Red scepter is the easiest one, require a bwl "speedrun' (clear bwl in less than 5 hours, considering most farm runs take less than 2h, its mostly a clear the raid in one evening kind of quest)

Blue scepter quest, is a very long quest requiring a lot of expensive materials so you can summon the shark boss i aszhara.
    Green scepter quest is the hardest one in difficulty, a lot of traveling, need to kill elite mobs near the 4 emerald dragon spawns to get a pretty rare drop from them, take quite some time, then at the end you summon a quite difficult boss in moonglade.

There is also a part, i dont rememver which shard it is blue one i think, but you need to collect book pages, 1 dropping from ragnaros, think there is one from onyxia, 1 in undercity and 1 in a alliance city, then elite demons in winterspring and blasted lands.
    And you also need a pair of googles to drop from MC trash that have a very low drop rate, you can usually get obe per mc clear, but its rng so some trash farming might be needed if unlucky.

Its a massive quest, but with some preparation, the only real challenges are the rep grind, and that you need the head of broodlord to start the quest.
    However, you can share the ability to farm the rep items with others , so you can give away to others who want to help you, or that wants to start rep grinding themselves before they get the broodlord head to get more than one mount.

Basicly, if you are hardcore farming it, your guild can get one mount per week up until the gong gets ringed, more if you are splitting your raid with alts to increase broodlord heads.

You need a whole guild to back you up or else you won't.

I think most people don't know what this quest is about and that they think they just go and kill a couple dragons and farm reputation and that they don't rely on others.

Did it 13 years ago, that was enough.

I'm happy actually not having it.

Thanks to the incredible WoW database we have, I can safely say, "No thank you."

I'd love to PVP people trying for it though .. /wink.

Join in with your fellow rogues and camp the quest sites, buahahaha. Corpsecamp him so he can't bang the gong. Are there even going to be that AQ event on classic servers? The gates are propaply just open.

No, I am saving myself to be the hero who beats Heathcliff at the 100th floor in a few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman1 View Post
    Join in with your fellow rogues and camp the quest sites, buahahaha. Corpsecamp him so he can't bang the gong. Are there even going to be that AQ event on classic servers? The gates are propaply just open.
    They will have the opening event now if it is a one time thing or a seasonal is a entirely different question if they keep the server static.

Just want to point out there's no actual Scarab Lord title in vanilla

People should think very carefully about this whole scarab lord thing if they want to even attempt it.

I'm not sure how many classic realms there are even going to be (haven't heard anything in this regard at least). I suspect though that it will be a very low number of realms (possibly 1 of each type - PVE, PVP, RP, RP-PVP) and they will just be handled with the sharding (in- or decrease capacity). That means you have very limited possibilities to even attempt this. I do not believe that Blizzard will constantly open new realms for classic like they did during Vanilla times.

Back then it was possible to attempt the Scarab Lord even after several months because usually there was at least one new realm where it still was closed. I remember one case in which a player actually transferred the character to a server to open the gates and get the title. He did all of the necessary work beforehand on his original realm and simply paid 40$ to open the gates and then transfer back after a month...

Honestly, if you don't have a huge network of friends/guildies going into Classic, you have almost no chance at opening the gate. Some people are treating Classic very seriously, and banging the gong is the easily the most prestigious thing in the original game.

Sure, you have 10 hours to hit it after the first person does, but do you think people are going to wait for others to finish their scepter? Not a chance.

Asmongold will get it. He will have behind him several hundred of players to help him.

And also scarab lord title was awarded since WotLK for people who did Q-line and not in classic. So no changes. No title. The only reward was epic and mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    *twilight zone music* I think my life is a lie. I really did witness it, but I guess I remember it wrong. I know on the second server the Paladin had the mount, my memory of the title must be wrong though. I witnessed Peppi (or something similar) on Dunemal in [KingsGuard] getting the mount after hitting the gong, then the server crashed. Then I transferred and the Paladin GM on the top guild was running around Ironforge with the mount. I can't even remember his or his guild's name, my memory's failing me.
    Yeah man, getting old ain't easy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The only titles in vanilla were the PvP ranks.
    Perception was different back then. There was a very strong in-game community on each server such that your guild tag was respected as a title. Instead of "Wow! you have the undying title!" it was "Wow! you are a member of the top raid guild on the server!"
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.