Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I was being a bit sarcastic on that. I was mostly describing the Mage tower challenge and honestly it's not for me, it felt more annoying and at the time, my anxiety was higher and when my frustration went up I'd just give up, not worth getting super frustrated at a game that I've loved for years. Better to just take a breather and move on(And try it later but I ended up not doing that).
    The whole point of the mage tower being designed the way it was with scaling was to provide a challenging experience to those who wanted to do it early and an easy experience for those who wanted to do it later. Almost all mage towers were extremely easily towards the end with new legendaries, antorus gear, etc. I did the healer challenge and ret challenge the 1st/2nd week and I loved them, they felt challenging in a good way. I did the prot challenge a few weeks later which was pretty damn difficult and then towards the end of the expac I did the challenges on alts and the difference was massive.

So if you couldn’t complete the towers when they first came out or didn’t want to try you could just go back at the end of the expac and complete them very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Back before Chronicle an idea I had for an expansion was we visit a planet that was basically Ulduar on steroids(Obviously with variety) but the planet was a Titan planet. A lot of mechanical themes going on. Of course....that won't be a thing considering how Titans are birthed.
    I'm not so sure about that. Of course, it wouldn't be a world they live on, but a lab world of sorts would be perfectly within the sort of thing they do. Imagine a planet managed by a Keeper like Mimiron.

Obviously, after their long absence, things probably aren't quite as they should be anymore.

And we still don't actually know how Titans are birthed. Argus wasn't exactly normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I still think 9.0 is death themed.
    I keep finding myself so split as to what direction Blizz goes with 9.0. It's one of the more exciting things IMO to think about with WoW: where it can go next. Death is definitely a possibility for an expansion theme, but so are the Dragonflights, the Void/Light conflict, Titanic architectures, Old Gods/Ny'alotha/Black Empire, the Infinite Dragonflight, the Other Side of Azeroth (if such a place exists), the Venture Company and/or Undermine...there are plenty of options for Blizz to choose from. Regardless of other expansion thoughts, it's hard to deny that Blizz has set up a lot of plot threads that they can pull from for plenty of future expansions should they wish.

I'm currently leaning more towards the Black Empire/Ny'alotha for 9.0, but would not be at all surprised to see Death as a primary theme instead. If they go Death, I'm somewhat curious whether the expansion leans more on Bolvar and the Lich King position or if Blizz instead decides to bring us into the Shadowlands.

15+ Year Old Account
    I say the kaldorei recreate their tree and that's somehow important for the next xpac
    (Lol just dreaming)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    They can easily add isles or whatever for future content, they have done so before and will do it again if they can halfass it into the lore.
    Sure they can but it then will be a mess like Broken Isles or Zandalar / Kul Tiras. I mean if there's a logical reason why we didn't venture to those islands before I am fine with it (Pandaria). But what they did with Broken Isles and the two BfA Island continents is very questionable from a lore aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I think this requires an acceptable suspension of disbelief, the alternative would be reworking the known world over and over, or coming up with ever new worlds each expansion.
    Or coming up with logical reasons why we didn't go there before. Like Pandaria. Or even Northrend. I am up for intricate lore but not for some fabricated nonsense without justification (like why we didn't visit KT/Zandalar before).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Almost every xpac has felt boring towards the end, thats almost a given. Problem with WoD and now BfA, it got boring quite quickly. Legion probably got so good because of how bad WoD went down. Blizzard had to deliver something good after WoD.

And lest be honest, if Blizzard do deliver on the next xpac, we are all going to play it no matter how bad previous xpacs was :P
    Is this the case though? I think TBC got better the longer it was running with 2.4 being maybe the best version of TBC and absolutely not dragging. For WotLK it was quite similar although I am not referring to Ruby Sanctum (although WotLK was not as good as TBC in that regard).

Your last paragraph... no, not really. I thought the same about BfA and I played less than 4 weeks overall of this abomination of an expansion. I never ever played less WoW than with/during BfA. Even WoD kept me entertained for a longer amount of time. So if the next expansion isn't a masterpiece from a game design and "innovation" standpoint I think I won't bother (something I never thought would happen with WoW but BfA proved me wrong).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    bfa and wod literally have nothing in comman other then people saying they don't like it, both of there failings are unique.
    They have a lot in common.

1. Integral expansion features that are broken or disliked by the playerbase

Garrison vs. Island Expeditions / Warfronts / Azerite gear

2. Half-assed approach of delivering an expansion just to have one

Alternate universe bs vs. a fabricated faction war that's a carbon copy of MoP's faction war storyline

3. Cosmetics as a key feature instead of getting new mechanics / gameplay additions

New character models vs. allied races

4. Relying on previous expansions' strenghts and not building up on them / delivering something fresh

Legion is a good example for giving us something entirely new instead of just delivering a rehashed, even weaker version of stuff we had before

5. Incredibly slow start into the expansion

6.1 and 8.1 might be some of the worst patches in WoWs history. WoD didn't achieve to catch up at all, in BfA 8.2 might be some kind of silver lining.

6. Lame and boring class design / development

Draenor perks vs. no class design at all / despised Azerite gear - WoD at least offered a new talent row, BfA offers nothing and 8.2 essences won't fix anything in that regard (at least the basic class design in WoD was very good whereas in BfA it sucked from the start)

Do you want more similarities? BfA is WoD 2.0 in almost every aspect (of failure).

- - - Updated - - -

I still think 9.0 is death themed.
    Death and dragons? Yeah throw WotLK and Cataclysm into a mixer et voila we have it...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

He joined the WoW team and was told they weren't going to produce content after 6.2 and he was like wtf.
    They also have something planned for Blizzcon most likely that will attract new players? @Fahrad Wagner World revamp?
    I wish hubby, I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I say the kaldorei recreate their tree and that's somehow important for the next xpac
    (Lol just dreaming)
    This might actually happen. But if it does, the Forsaken will be given Lordaeron (probably some storyline involving Calia).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    like why we didn't visit KT/Zandalar before
    Kul Tiras isolated itself from the other Human nations, only allowing limited trade etc.

Zandalar was proud before the events of the Warcraft games, not allowing in any outsiders, then concerned by the effects of the Cataclysm, but that first gave rise to Zul, an opportunistic disaster fraud, and just for good measure also in league with the Old Gods. Hence, our hostile encounter with the Zandalari in the 4.1 dungeons and Pandaria.

(Lol just dreaming)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This might actually happen. But if it does, the Forsaken will be given Lordaeron (probably some storyline involving Calia).
    Wild thought, what if it's switched? Forsaken settle in Darkshore, while NElves plant a new tree in Silverpine/Gilneas, again under protest from Malfurion, but providing a home to NElves, Worgen and the possible Lightforged Undead.
    Especially if the latter are involved, there's also an attempt to cleanse the Blight in Tirisfal.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Alternate universe bs vs. a fabricated faction war that's a carbon copy of MoP's faction war storyline

3. Cosmetics as a key feature instead of getting new mechanics / gameplay additions

4. Relying on previous expansions' strenghts and not building up on them / delivering something fresh

Legion is a good example for giving us something entirely new instead of just delivering a rehashed, even weaker version of stuff we had before

6.1 and 8.1 might be some of the worst patches in WoWs history. WoD didn't achieve to catch up at all, in BfA 8.2 might be some kind of silver lining.

Draenor perks vs. no class design at all / despised Azerite gear - WoD at least offered a new talent row, BfA offers nothing and 8.2 essences won't fix anything in that regard (at least the basic class design in WoD was very good whereas in BfA it sucked from the start)

Do you want more similarities? BfA is WoD 2.0 in almost every aspect (of failure).

- - - Updated - - -

Literally hit the nail on the head with these points mate.

For the majority these are the issues with WoW and hence why they've quit.

(Lol just dreaming)
    My wish is they strike a desperate bargain with the Botani that escaped towards the Barrens after the Maghar scenario.
    Not saying that the Alliance should het Botani as An Allied Race (tho it would be cool) but that in their desperation, the Night elves go for a desperate solution. Could tie in with a world revamp if they ever do it.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Alot of that stems naturally from the age of the systems in wow, MMOS rely on char progression, the carrot in a stick approach, and the biggest problem with blizzards design is they don't seem to think long term enough. Or they don't know how to design for longer than a couple expansions of a progression system.

The og 21 pt talent trees were a copy over from traditional rpgs but after 2 wxpacs it became clear it needed a rethink, problem is the new version was too limited and didn't fulfill what the 21 pt trees had provided, blizz also count keep just adding abilitys

So they go with a cycle of totaly redesigning classes and these artifact systems as band aids.

There focused in cosmetics and next patch mounts because there quick wins, people like shinys, but they do need a solution to the core problems introduced back in cata, but that would take an other cata level whole hog redesign.

Kaldorei Druids are already capable of growing trees fast, Botani as minions of the "wild life" of Draenor are dangerous allies.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Alot of that stems naturally from the age of the systems in wow, MMOS rely on char progression, the carrot in a stick approach, and the biggest problem with blizzards design is they don't seem to think long term enough. Or they don't know how to design for longer than a couple expansions of a progression system.
    The funny part is they succeeded with Legion on so many levels when it comes to all of the problems you mentioned... to yet fail in BfA because they learned nothing from Legion and just watered everything down instead of improving it / building upon it.

The funny part is they succeeded with Legion on so many levels when it comes to all of the problems you mentioned... to yet fail in BfA because they learned nothing from Legion and just watered everything down instead of improving it / building upon it.
    Because it was a one expansion band aided to those core issues, the replacement band aided of azerite crap hasn't bee as effective.

(Lol just dreaming)
    And it will stay as such. The tree cannot be recreated anymore, with the aspects powers lost.

So, is there more to the War Campaign than rescuing Baine?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Or

none of theses things are alike.

1.Garrison’s have nothing in Common with islands/warfronts. Garrisons fault were that they made it so you had no
    Reason to go out in the world islands/warfronts don’t do this. And Azerite isn’t the same on any level, you not liking them doesn’t make them equal.

2.The faction war/nzoth make sense in Warcraft, Warcraft has almost always been about the faction war it’s not comparable to a sudden alternate universe.

3.bfa has given us a ton of new mechanics with warmode Azerite warfronts it hasn’t been an either or and there are no similarity’s between the character model updates as we have gotten a metric ton of new art outside of allied races.

4.You didn’t even make a point for 4 you just said legion was good.

5. You haven’t actually played any thing before then wod have you? 4.1 had nothing but two dungeons, 5.1 had nothing but a questing/daily hub and the brawlers guild. 8.1 had more then both of thoses patch’s and to compare it to 6.1 really shows that your going off of your own bias in the face of any facts.

6.wod added levelling perks then tier sets bfa adds just Azerite, they aren’t the same. You not liking both does not equal a similarity.

You have completely let your bias strip you of all objectivity and your making false equivalents that have nothing to support them in even the widest sense other then you don’t like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Some
    How I’m not surprised that elect agrees with this nonsense.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-05-07 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    *snip*

You have completely let your bias strip you of all objectivity and your making false equivalents that have nothing to support them in even the widest sense other then you don’t like it..
    The only thing I get from your response is that you completely missed my point(s). Maybe my "vs." is a problematic choice of words and I should have worded it better but my points are made clear in the numerical sections, the sentences below are just examples for the points I made above.

What bias? That I despise BfA? Don't think that's bias and that's nothing I ever tried to hide. The thing is, BfA is considered by a huge chunk of the playerbase as WoD 2.0 and not just by me. You know why? Because it simply is WoD 2.0 from so many standpoints... I already mentioned.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-05-07 at 01:46 PM.

The only thing I get from your response is that you completely missed my point. Maybe my "vs." is a problematic choice of words but my point is made clear in the numerical sections, the sentences below are just examples for the point made above.
    Your points were absolutely clear and concise dude.

There is no bias either. You are displeased with the game and you made excellent points as to why you and many others are.

Never understood why people see criticism and think it's immediately because people don't like the game.

Cant wait for the triple facepalm, when Scare comes back.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I get from your response is that you completely missed my point(s). Maybe my "vs." is a problematic choice of words and I should have worded it better but my points are made clear in the numerical sections, the sentences below are just examples for the points I made above.

What bias? That I despise BfA? Don't think that's bias and that's nothing I ever tried to hide. The thing is, BfA is considered by a huge chunk of the playerbase as WoD 2.0 and not just by me. You know why? Because it simply is WoD 2.0.
    Taking the meat out of your post leaves it with nonsense that can only be applied as similarity’s in the most meaningless sense. It’s like saying both wod and bfa are expans so clearly they are the same.

You not hiding a bias doesn’t change it from being a bias. Bfa is nothing like wod people like you have to draw false equivalents because it’s easier then actually looking at it to find the faults. Bfa doesn’t have a single fault that wod did as words faults were due to the lack of world content and the cutting of entire patch’s bfa doesn’t have the same problems.