Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Horde;Fey: an Elflike race with a blue and white skintones
    why in the name of satan more elf to the horde? god no, bring monsters races like dragonborn or a reptilian one, a catrace like saberons, anything who is completely devoid of elf features is welcomed.

If a new landmass, forgotten to the denizens of Azeroth does exist, I’d want very few new races preferably none, so that we could focus on the “big ones” expanding their lands and kingdoms.

However, playing along with the OP’s question.
    Horde run into a cat-folk (time and space displaced Saberon)who are uber religious, Priests and Paladins are clearly their iconic classes.
    Alliance stumble into a fae kingdom, ruthless and warmongering, shaman and rogues are their classes of choice.

Visually the new races would fit in with the faction paradigm, but culturally, dey gunna clash!

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    This. we are going through the big villains of Warcraft at a semi alarming rate, and with the other side of Azeroth they could literally implement any villain they wanted, we have 0 idea of what's back there beyond what we'd like to see

Edit: there's also likely a reason for no one returning from that part, be it that crossing the line into it is treacherous or the entire place is just that dangerous
    Or Azeroth is really flat and they just fall off the edge!

I'd love to see 2 or 3 LARGE land masses back there. Im getting tired of islands everywhere.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

the other side of azeroth ? maybe the backside of an atlas/map ? maybe the production number and date of the atlas/map ?

which race i wanna find there ? hopefully humans that have enough IQ to understand reading maps. otherwise: cats. cats are always a good thing. and some of them are even more clever than some humans. i even heard, that some of that cats even understand the difference between a map and a globe. but hey, we should not believe everything someone is telling.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-04-26 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizonyx View Post
    Kangaroo and/or koala people that speak like Australians.
    You win.

But yeah, there is no other side of Azeroth to my knowledge, the map curves around in a sphere. lol

Besides, I'd rather see the Ethereal home world before fantasizing about hidden races in Azeroth, which we've already done, anyway, like the cat people in Uldum for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You win.

But yeah, there is no other side of Azeroth to my knowledge, the map curves around in a sphere. lol

Besides, I'd rather see the Ethereal home world before fantasizing about hidden races in Azeroth, which we've already done, anyway, like the cat people in Uldum for example.
    But actual world maps aren't spheres, and seeing the other side of Azeroth doesn't mean we can't get to see Karesh

I dont think there is a "other side" of azeroth.

But as far as races that i would like to see..... perhaps some dragon/reptile-hybrid?
    Im not sure how it would look but i am a fan of reptiles so something along those lines.

Or perhaps something non-humanoid but thats not compatible with WoW armor appearances.

The simple fact is WoW isn't going away anytime soon and they're going to need expansions to take place somewhere. Whether there's already a landmass there or one gets created(raised/reformed Black Empire maybe?), something will probably be on the "other side" eventually. Preexisting globes/maps mean nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for Wildhammers.

Or Dreadlords, but that's improbable.
    Mostly because while wings are cool, they'd be an annoyance.

As for brand new races... i'd like to see something similar to gargoyles.
    Tail, claws, draenei-like legs.
    Skintone, shades of gray and red.
    With a racial that allows them to pop wings and glide. Just like the glider ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's not impossible, but the maps and lore for it are all over the place.

When seen from Argus, the space between EK and Kalimdor is quite large, and darkened. It shows enough room for a large continent to exist there.
    Yeah. Azeroth as seen from the Vindicaar (or Argus) can also be retcon retextured if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    How sure are you WoW isn't flat?
    there is a globe of azeroth in ulduar.
    the other side covered in clouds though.
    all the lore says is it's "the forbidding sea".

Need people of the Vrykul model.

I forget, but they were WOTLK Storm Peaks/Borean Tundra or Stormheim models I’m thinking off. The Vikings, basically.

I’d be really disgusted if they introduce Vulpera. I feel it’ll cheapen the game even more. Like pandas did.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    You could also go and see the actual planet from the orbit and watch it go full 360.

(not my pic, just some random imgur find)

As for myself - I really like how draenei have sort of animal features, yet they still have a human face (with very stylized features) and don't feel like some animu girl with cat or bunny ears, which is the pinnacle of creativity in some other games.
    I would love to see some other takes in that manner, perhaps with a lizard or bird theme.

I'm just waiting for Wildhammers.

Or Dreadlords, but that's improbable.
    Mostly because while wings are cool, they'd be an annoyance.

As for brand new races... i'd like to see something similar to gargoyles.
    Tail, claws, draenei-like legs.
    Skintone, shades of gray and red.
    With a racial that allows them to pop wings and glide. Just like the glider ingame.
    The problem with that last idea is that Blizz gave the gliding racial to Zandalari

I've recently came up with some alternatives to what I'd like to see on the other side of Azeroth

Alliance; Haetos: a group of aliens from a far off world that crashed on Azeroth after escaping the death of their world due to an arcane storm created by a freak accident, they appear to be similar to humans but with grey, white, and jet black skin tones, longs tails ending in a stinger, glowing emerald green eyes and extended canines along with a pair of horns on their lower jaws jutting downwards, the have a very scientific and curious society, their zone consists of their damaged and inoperable ship, a dark swamp inhabited by cannibals that believe that all other races are only good as food or as sacrifice to their gods(who are completely tired of them) and believe eating the children of the Haetos will cure their infertility, the Haetos' armor takes inspiration from the armor of Halo, Stormtroopers, and Ultraman mainly ride around on large salamanders, led by a duo of regents since the current heir is to young

Edit: armor could also be more inspired by spacesuits in general and crash survival

Horde; Oni: a large horned humanoid race that enjoy drinking the blood of their enemies but are extremely fond of those that they call allies, they consist of intimidateing males and beautiful females, their skin coming in a variety of colors, they are extremely dedicating in being he best fighters they can, they live in a city flanked by mountain of the Tengu and the cherry blossom forests of the Kitsune they wear Japanese style gear with many bones strapped on ride around on a spider with an Ox's head, led by a character that takes elements of Thanos and Shao Khan, being a well intentioned conqueror
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-05-07 at 10:07 PM.

Azeroth is flat. We'll have a convention in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Azeroth is flat. We'll have a convention in July.
    Antorus ended with a Cinematic of Sargeras stabbing Azeroth and it is clearly shown as a globe

your alliance race ideas are all over the place. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    your alliance race ideas are all over the place. Hard pass.
    It's just something I'd like to see, you don't have to agree with me

Well there are very likely more insect humanoids.

- - - Updated - - -

The forbidding sea is the developer excuse of "we don't have a clue what to do yet" lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal