Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie SPIDERMAN™: FAR FROM HOME

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Guess I dont need to see the movie anymore. Boy that trailer showed it all.

Mysterio starts off a nice guy and gets close to Peter like all Spiderman villains have to have a connection to Peter in some way.

And when the plan turns into 'save the world while killing a bunch of people' because "its for the greater good trust me spiderman"

And then spiderman says "but dude we can save the people as well as save the world cause im more optimistic than you and im the good guy"
    Nice! I think the Superheroes for Edgelords section is over that way if that's your jam. *points*

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    And before you ask it's not nothing to do with the race swamp casting either, I actually like Zendaya I think she is great. She isnt a very good Mary Jane but then neither was Kirsten Dunst. And the other cast members are fine too. Zendaya's MJ just seems way too sarcastic and smugish to be the fiery sassy red head that was Mary Jane.
    I thought Zendayas "Michelle" was fantastic in the first movie and loved her attitude throughout. I was really disapointed she was "Mj" in the end, as she doesn't act at all like comics MJ. If anything that seemed just there to point to inevitable romance.

It also points to one of the bigger problems with these looser adaptations of characters (including race-swapping) rather than just creating someone new. If they're successful in the movie, it's really difficult for them to move back over to the comics, as there's already an equivalent. Michelle could have been a fun addition to the comics too (with the right writer). Likewise the MCU Heimdal and Valkyrie are a lot different to their comics counterparts and I love them in the films, but unless you do a paralel universe version or say it's their long-lost-son (I'm looking at you Fury Jr) then it's hard for them to join the comics.

Also Tony Revolori is no Flash Thompson either, he is great and enjoyable but once again he isnt Flash. I see what Marvel are trying to do, to create this we don;t wanna retread the same thing, and I understand but you couldn't at least try and perfect it at least?
    Isn't the whole "roided-out 20 year old high-school footplayer laying beatings on all the nerd kids" just some out-dated movie stereotype at this point though? Is US high school really still like 90s High-school movies? (if it ever was)

And Peter Parkers man crush on Tony Stark is just so cringe, is Tony supposed to be this universes Uncle Ben now lol.
    Well, at least this is officially the end of this phase, so we'll likely not really hear from him again in Spidey movies. Speaking of Ben, I totally understand their reasoning not to have done ANOTHER Uncle Ben shooting/origin story, but it feels weird that they never even mention him at all. Not even when May and Parker were having deep and meaningful conversations or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I have no problem with a good Mysterio, he might turn bad in a future movie. But yeah the multiverse would be pretty sweet if they can pull it off.
    However I hope they won't go in there and grab a new Iron Man in the future...
    Hahah yea the whole multiverse could be interesting if I could believe for a second that Mysterio wasn't just a lying sonofabitch! These elementals and everything is just his own making. I'm more curious what his motivations are behind all this - is it really just going to be for the fame (or more viewers for his streams? lol)

In regards to Ironman, though I'd say that was an easy way for them to bring in new (younger) actors, I feel that as soon as they actually start rebooting/recasting the main heroes it's going to start really undermining the whole MCU and the trust it has with the audience. It's a shame though, as I really want a Hulk reboot. Ruffalo started out so great in Avengers, but now he's just embarrassing to watch - especially when he's trying to do comedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Looks pretty interesting, the first Tom Holland Spiderman was enjoyable despite my annoyances with the Vulture. My step-daughter is a huge Spiderman fan so I'm sure we'll be taking her to see this at the theater.
    Annoyances with the Vulture? He's genuinely one of my favourite characters in the MCU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I loved toby too but that elitist shit gotta stop. Spiderverse was fantastic and homecoming was good enough but the "RABLE RABLE BACK IN MY DAY RABLE RABLE" stuff isn't it, lol.
    I love Spiderverse too.

My dream for the next Spiderverse movie is to have Toby, Garfield and Holland all join Miles, as they all have to try and rescue 90s cartoon Spidermans MaryJane, still lost in the multiverse. You could get closure to the old cartoon and the Andrew Garfield movies. It's actually crazy that if they wanted to they could tie ALL of the Spiderman movies and series into one insane continuity.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-05-07 at 07:33 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Think about how many babies died because no one was there to feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo... a new clip floating around (I won’t share, because I’m not sure it’s official) seems to refer to the MCU earth as “Earth-616”

Honestly, this makes me not believe Mysterio... as it’s been official for a while now that the MCU is Earth-19999 and comics are Earth-616.

Makes me feel like the dimension stuff is fuckery, and the use of 616 is a nod to the fans.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You're definitely in the minority on that one.
    I actually agree with him. I know that’s certainly a minority opinion and coming from me it’s also filled with a bit of nostalgia but I vastly prefer the more dramatic and more serious version of spider man that Toby played as opposed to the always optimistic happy go lucky Spider-Man Tom holland plays. I didn’t like Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man that much.

The main problem I have with the Toby trilogy spider man movies is the villains. Green goblin was good imo, but by the third movie they started cramming in way too many villains. The third movie had Venom, sandman, harry, etc. Due to having so many villains in the third movie they weren’t really developed well at all.

That’s my only issue with the Toby movies. I really enjoyed them though and I still watch them every now and then. None of this is to say I don’t like Tom Holland’s spider man, I do, I just prefer Tobys

Very excited to see mysterio. I really love that they chose Jake Gyllenhaal, he’s one of my favorite actors. Pretty hyped for the movie, I just hope they don’t play down what happened in end game with the 5 year time gap and all that.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-07 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sooo... a new clip floating around (I won’t share, because I’m not sure it’s official) seems to refer to the MCU earth as “Earth-616”

Honestly, this makes me not believe Mysterio... as it’s been official for a while now that the MCU is Earth-19999 and comics are Earth-616.

Makes me feel like the dimension stuff is fuckery, and the use of 616 is a nod to the fans.
    Almost like those elemental golems might be getting summoned by someone pretending to be a hero?

Did people forget the first trailer exists or something?

They've spoiled the whole film from the trailers.

I feel pretty confident that Mysterio is full of shit, but I do wonder how he'd know to lie about alternate realities. Coming up with a lie that randomly strikes a chord seems unlikely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I feel pretty confident that Mysterio is full of shit, but I do wonder how he'd know to lie about alternate realities. Coming up with a lie that randomly strikes a chord seems unlikely.
    I imagine he is shitting bout his good intentions, but not about being from different world. I mean, it seems that Nick (kinda) believes him, and he should know better after Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-05-08 at 12:44 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Almost like those elemental golems might be getting summoned by someone pretending to be a hero?
    Isn't that a given, at this point? I didn't think anyone was debating it. The only question was if he was creating those Elementals to make HIMSELF look good, or based on the new trailer, to make people love Spider-man a bit more and make him the "New Ironman".

Because it's a hard lie to disprove AND given the damage reality has taken over the past few years, it's a very believeable lie.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Isn't that a given, at this point? I didn't think anyone was debating it. The only question was if he was creating those Elementals to make HIMSELF look good, or based on the new trailer, to make people love Spider-man a bit more and make him the "New Ironman".
    The only thing about this is, iirc, you see a sopping wet Parker as a result of battling the water elemental. Now its very within the realm of possibility that the Mysterio being introduced in the MCU has better than stage magician level powers, but otherwise this is a damn impressive illusion.

Because it's a hard lie to disprove AND given the damage reality has taken over the past few years, it's a very believeable lie.
    I guess? I dunno. I feel like common knowledge, in universe, of the events of IW and Endgame are something like this: a bad guy somehow killed half of all life. 5 years later, the Avengers finally came up with a way to bring those people back. The end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I imagine he is shitting bout his good intentions, but not about being from different world. I mean, it seems that Nick (kinda) believes him, and he should know better after Winter Soldier.
    Yeah that's kinda my take. The only thing that bugs me about this is the claim that the MCU is Earth 616. For non-comic readers, this is insanely irrelevant. For people that read the comics, if this is true, it's going to be a huge point of contention... unless it's a lie and they just dropped in 616 as an easter egg.

Or this is Marvel doing one of its trailer misdirects to just stir up conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or this is Marvel doing one of its trailer misdirects to just stir up conversation.
    Tbh, I think this is the truth, right here... Marvel are NOTORIOUS for posting fake scenes in teaser/trailers. While it's totally possble the subject of alternate dimesions might come up, I have a feeling it'll be in a different context to the way it was shown.

As for Peter being soaking wet, after fighting the potentally fake Elemental... Wasn't that fight taking place in Venice? Could be he was thrown into a canal (get a rabies shot ASAP) or was splashed by something dropping into the water. There's ALWAYS a way to make stuff like that happen, to make the illusion seem more real!

Does anyone familiar with the comics know much about Mysterio's family? I noticed he was wearing a wedding band in this screenshot, so I'm curious if it's a big part of his story.

Anyone seen it yet at the early releases? How was it also spoiler tags.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Anyone seen it yet at the early releases? How was it also spoiler tags.
    It's not out until July 2. Hollywood had its premiere, which is how Wikipedia already has a complete synopsis, but the official wide release date isn't until July 2. Asking that is kind of asking for spoilers. I heard it's very good, apparently. A lot of fun and it has good reviews and a fresh rating on RT.

All I can say without spoiling anything is there is a huge surprise in the after credits scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's not out until July 2. Hollywood had its premiere, which is how Wikipedia already has a complete synopsis, but the official wide release date isn't until July 2. Asking that is kind of asking for spoilers. I heard it's very good, apparently. A lot of fun and it has good reviews and a fresh rating on RT.

All I can say without spoiling anything is there is a huge surprise in the after credits scene.
    Just read the end credits scene. Mmmmm. Delicious. . I still dislike high school parker though. 3 might be a Mini avengers film
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Just read the end credits scene. Mmmmm. Delicious. . I still dislike high school parker though. 3 might be a Mini avengers film
    Funny you should mention that. This movie addresses a lot of possibilities involving the Multiverse. The introduction, or re-introduction of J.K Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson isn't a coincidence, it's a straight up integration of the Tobey Maguire Spider-man universe under the MCU umbrella as part of the Multiverse as a direct cause of Thanos' snap. Or else we're led to believe Jonah Jameson looks the same in the Tobey-verse as he does in the MCU even though Tobey and Tom Hollard obviously don't look the same. They're both Peter Parker but two sides of a coin, which is why I think it's an integration. Might be too late though, I wouldn't expect to see Willem Dafoe or James Franco showing up as the Osbornes, or Church as Sandman, and Alfred Molina as Doc Ock but it certainly opened the doors, and Kevin Feige wouldn't have done it without some long-term plans in mind. I also heard seeds are planted for the Sinister Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Funny you should mention that. This movie addresses a lot of possibilities involving the Multiverse. The introduction, or re-introduction of J.K Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson isn't a coincidence, it's a straight up integration of the Tobey Maguire Spider-man universe under the MCU umbrella as part of the Multiverse as a direct cause of Thanos' snap. Or else we're led to believe Jonah Jameson looks the same in the Tobey-verse as he does in the MCU even though Tobey and Tom Hollard obviously don't look the same. They're both Peter Parker but two sides of a coin, which is why I think it's an integration. Might be too late though, I wouldn't expect to see Willem Dafoe or James Franco showing up as the Osbornes, or Church as Sandman, and Alfred Molina as Doc Ock but it certainly opened the doors, and Kevin Feige wouldn't have done it without some long-term plans in mind. I also heard seeds are planted for the Sinister Six.
    Using the same actor in the same role as Raimi did does not mean those films are integrated with FFH. Good grief.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2019-06-30 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Using the same actor in the same role as Raimi did does not mean those films are integrated with FFH. Good grief.
    Really? You think that's too crazy to speculate with Marvel Studios and Sony having a working partnership?

J.K Simmons?
    Love his work!

Wasn't planning on seeing this anytime soon...however I find myself curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They don’t jive at all. They simply used a great actor to play a role again.
    With the whole Multiverse emphasis, I see a lot more to it. Even if said characters don't actually mingle, I definitely foresee some references to certain events as a nod. It would really legitimize the whole "MULTIverse" idea.