5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Or how Cersei could have just ended it all right there during the parley.
    I think she wants them all to gather first, then throw wildfire on them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    It pisses me off how Euron was able to kill Rhaegal when the Night King and Viserion couldn't. It also pisses me off that the Night King isn't mentioned ONCE in this episode. You'd think Ice Satan would still be in everyone's thoughts. Finally, it greatly pisses me off how they made such a big deal out of the Night King and in the end he doesn't even get past Winterfell, the second northernmost castle in the continent. I wanted to see the South quiver in fear as the Night King invaded.

But No, we just have to continue with the forced political drama because "It'S cAlLeD gAmE oF tHrOnEs".
    I have my own theory about that.

Because when you think about it from a financial point of view, GRRM could not want the show to spoiler the ending of the books.

Like, why the hell would a writer want to have his story spoiled by a TV show, when he still has to write two (right?) books to end it himself.

I guess that somewhere after Jon died and was resurrected the next season, GRRM told D&D that they can simply fuck off and not spoiler his book's ending. He guided them roughly to where he wanted to go but ultimately kept his actual ending to himself.

That's why I suspect to see two different endings in GoT and ASOIAF. Not majorly different, but ASOIAF is probably going to switch the two fights between NK and Cersei, or at least merge them to one epic ending.

I mean, we literally shat on the Prince that was Promised in GOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Well what I do like is that I really do not know what's going to happen from now on. That suspense is quite what keeps me invested in GOT.
    I wasn't able to predict any of the things really that transpired so far in S8. Be it good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    So the problem with this show is 100% the writers, right?

The direction, production, and acting (overall) are superb. All of the stupid decisions, teleports, physics, impossible scenarios to maximize drama - all of that is a writing problem right?

Other than the supposed cinematography baffle in s8e3 (which personally I never noticed during broadcast on my TV other than 'hey its dark!'), I think all of the problems with this show fall squarely on Benioff and Weiss. Without the backbone of GRRM writing, they are exposing themselves as hacks.
    Most people noticed that back in season 5 or 6, when they ran out of books, it was pretty clear. It didn't suddenly become bad this season, it's just more pronounced now because they are rushing it. But episodes like the one Arya runs around the city with her belly open, jumps into a dirty canal and then kill the waif or the suicide mission where we learn the NK is a professional javelin thrower, where he kills one of the dragons are just as bad to what we have now.

What made GoT so good in the first place was good writing. Other stuff is obviously important, but without a good writing it's just another hollywood whatever crap.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I mean if he is warging into rats in KL, he might as well use them to bite Cersei's throat as she sleeps. But nobody ever uses their superpowers correctly in any fiction, so GoT is unique there. Nobody has used wargs for scouting at any point in the show.

Mance had at least a couple dozen of them, and yet Stannis walked up an army close enough to poke them with spears before they noticed. We haven't actually seen any since, but if any still exist then they never should have been surprised at Hardhome, they should have scouted both Ramsey and noticed the Knights of the Vale before the battle of the Bastards and so forth.

But nobody has ever done any scouting in the entire show, because apparently they think it is cooler when giant armies pop out of nowhere. Which they do with perfect dramatic timing constantly, to the point that the Battle of Winterfell is literally the only battle in the entire show that one side didn't get ambushed by GAON (Giant Army Out of Nowhere)
    The wildling guy with the eagle who was jealous about Yrgitte/Jon Snow used his Eagle to scout so yea they have used warging for scouting.

"I see dead crows"
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the four dragons on the astrolabe in the opening credits? I'm not sure what to think about that. Why four and not three?

He didn't look worried (or surprised) to me, either. He looked like he was trying to make out what was going on and isn't quite sure of what he's really seeing. Maybe it will turn into worry, surprise, or alarm after the few moments we're shown.

I thought at first that she hit him in the top of his stomach, but below where the dragonglass was. The writers insist that she hit him in the chest, so my attitude at this point is: ok, whatever.
    I mean I watched and she clearly didn't. It was to the outside of his left pec and the shard was inserted dead center in the one showing him being made. The Russos keep mouthing off about Endgame and it makes no sense as well so I'm hand waving away their nonsense because it doesn't fit. You can't just say I'm the director etc and this puzzle piece that is clearly a corner piece fits in the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Wrong. She hit him in the chest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure it is Jaime and Cersei who are the Mad King's bastards. It has been hinted that he raped Tywin's wife on their wedding night, and seeing that Tyrion is the youngest of the three, it can't be him.
    Watch it again. People were saying it was the gut, but it was nowhere even remotely near where he they put the shard, which was 100% right at the sternum. She didn't stab him anywhere near the sternum.

It pisses me off how Euron was able to kill Rhaegal when the Night King and Viserion couldn't. It also pisses me off that the Night King isn't mentioned ONCE in this episode. You'd think Ice Satan would still be in everyone's thoughts. Finally, it greatly pisses me off how they made such a big deal out of the Night King and in the end he doesn't even get past Winterfell, the second northernmost castle in the continent. I wanted to see the South quiver in fear as the Night King invaded.

But No, we just have to continue with the forced political drama because "It'S cAlLeD gAmE oF tHrOnEs".
    Pretty bad if you ask me.

I get the show is Game of Thrones and the center piece is who claims the Iron Throne but the White Walkers and the Night King were there as echoing reminders that while everyone is focused on the Iron Throne the true threat was the Night King. To fail at Winterfell the way he did with as much hype as he had is just poor writing.

I get it the living had their ace in Bran and they knew what would happen but the Night King has been 1 step ahead of Bran at every single turn except for this one instance, the most important moment in the series. He has countered Bran at everything he has done but now all of a sudden when the story is reaching its climax the Night King became the most predictable character.

For the Night King to not even make it to the Riverlands is a huge failure.

The Night King and Viserion got demolished by Rhaegal but Euron and his arrows kill him. Never mind the ancient mystical being riding an undead dragon and their failure to beat Rhaegal and Jon... arrows did with aimbot like accuracy.

If the leaks are true the show-runners definitely dropped the ball on this series and didn't do it justice in the end. Production can only carry a show so far and when writing is lacking the way it has the quality is seriously hit hard.

Ever since the deviated from the books the writing has clearly suffered. It began to bother myself last season like truly bother me with the mission north of the Wall and Gendry running that far, that fast, and a raven getting to Dragonstone that quickly along with Dany saving them. It made no sense unless someone wants to say "Bran was watching the entire fight and he sent a letter to Dragonstone the very moment Jon and the rest were trapped"

Before that when the Unsullied went to Casterly Rock and ended up being in a Iron Fleet blockade... the very next time we see them everyone is back at the Dragonpit with no mention of what happened at Casterly Rock.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-07 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I mean she had to have used a LOT on the Sept of Balor.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Pretty bad if you ask me.

I get the show is Game of Thrones and the center piece is who claims the Iron Throne but the White Walkers and the Night King were there as echoing reminders that while everyone is focused on the Iron Throne the true threat was the Night King. To fail at Winterfell the way he did with as much hype as he had is just poor writing.

I get it the living had their ace in Bran and they knew what would happen but the Night King has been 1 step ahead of Bran at every single turn except for this one instance, the most important moment in the series. He has countered Bran at everything he has done but now all of a sudden when the story is reaching its climax the Night King became the most predictable character.

For the Night King to not even make it to the Riverlands is a huge failure.

The Night King and Viserion got demolished by Rhaegal but Euron and his arrows kill him. Never mind the ancient mystical being riding an undead dragon and their failure to beat Rhaegal and Jon... arrows did with aimbot like accuracy.

If the leaks are true the show-runners definitely dropped the ball on this series and didn't do it justice in the end. Production can only carry a show so far and when writing is lacking the way it has the quality is seriously hit hard.
    The Night King didn't get outplayed by Bran though. His army was effortlessly crushing the opposition and the Night King himself was so close to killing his nemesis. Even when Arya jumped to kill him, the Night King immediately reacted. That's when the Night King was fucked, but not by any of the characters, but by plot armor, that allowed Arya's neck to somehow not freeze instantly from the touch of a guy literally made of ice.

I agree with everything else. Though a popular leak says that the Night King's story is far from over, No?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Based on the last episode you can always just declare that you have half of it left. We might as well assume wildfire is an infinite resource, because there is no way the show creators are keeping track of how much wildfire she has. Euron summoned 1000 ships in a single episode, and Cersei just created hundreds of railguns (We don't know how long that took though, but she was pregnant before they built the first one, and she still isn't showing, so not very long.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Qyburn made like 100 improved scorpion ballista since the loot train episode whats a bit more wildfire

They claim he isn't done, but I think he is. I think they made it like that in the interview because of people not liking how it turned out and to give this false sense of anticipation. Or they could go with the trope of whoever kills him becomes him.

Also, the Night King didn't have the same equipment as Euron and Dany was reckless there. She was riding high on that win added with the fact that previously she had decimated Cersei's army. It wasn't so much Euron as much as the tools he was given and Dany's ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Qyburn made like 100 improved scorpion ballista since the loot train episode whats a bit more wildfire
    It depends on what's been happening in the background. Tyrion seemed to make a power play for it during the battle. Did they pick back up for her after? When rule changes hands a lot can change and it happened twice since. I'm not saying I don't expect it because I really do. It's just you have to doubt yourself a little for the sake of the story sometimes and think about what else might happen in the meantime that we don't see.

- - - Updated - - -

The Night King didn't get outplayed by Bran though. His army was effortlessly crushing the opposition and the Night King himself was so close to killing his nemesis. Even when Arya jumped to kill him, the Night King immediately reacted. That's when the Night King was fucked, but not by any of the characters, but by plot armor, that allowed Arya's neck to somehow not freeze instantly from the touch of a guy literally made of ice.

I agree with everything else. Though a popular leak says that the Night King's story is far from over, No?
    It wasn't a leak. There was an interview and the guy skirted the question. So it wasn't a yes or no or leak. It was a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Please, that is not how it works. This is Game of Thrones. Sure, might feel crappy to you and others (and to be fair, they could have done better, no matter which viewpoint one takes), but it is GoT.
    Its defo not the same GoT from s1-4. It is known.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Chelly
    They claim he isn't done, but I think he is. I think they made it like that in the interview because of people not liking how it turned out and to give this false sense of anticipation. Or they could go with the trope of whoever kills him becomes him.
    Could also just be them talking about a spinoff or prequel. I dunno, I highly doubt it would be as popular as GoT if it has the same level of horseshit writing as GoT has had for the past 3 seasons.

haha yeah! They defeated the NK and apparently made out of it with most/Half of the army.

"We just defeated death himself, woo! Wasnt that big of a deal!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Again, the NK was not killed by Valyrian Steel alone, but by Arya hitting his weak spot, the dragonglass embedded within his chest. No, this wasn't shown on screen at all, but was explained by the post-episode talk.
    Again, Vsteel killed the NK because THAT is what we were SHOWN! Them blah blah blahing after the show is not going to matter to 90% of the viewers. If it didnt happen in the show, it may as well be a fan theory.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Again, Vsteel killed the NK because THAT is what we were SHOWN! Them blah blah blahing after the show is not going to matter to 90% of the viewers. If it didnt happen in the show, it may as well be a fan theory.
    yeah its not good when we must watch post-show episodes to understand what happend.

7+ Year Old Account
    trailer for next ep is up

hbo spared no expense!

Arya should be put on trial. She committed genocide on the White Walker race and exterminated them down to the last child. White Walker lives matter.

Arya should be put on trial. She committed genocide on the White Walker race and exterminated them down to the last child. White Walker lives matter.
    Maybe if they wernt dirty, wall jumping immigrants. Make Westeros Great Again, Rebuild that wall!

He did get outplayed. Bran called out exactly what he would do and he did it. Bran gave the weapon that killed the Night King to Arya. During their stare down Bran broke eye contact with the Night King, looked at his chest and back at him...coincidentally the Night King was stabbed in the chest where Bran was looking by Arya who was given the weapon to kill the Night King by Bran.

And the Night King story isn't over because of the prequel. He will be a centerpiece of that since it takes place in the Age of Heros and the real Long Night. Unless GRRM has a lot of writing influence on that prequel I see it suffering the same way Game of Thrones is now due to writing.