Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    World Quests are a better system in general IMHO.

However I think there are too many World Quests always active and the rewards could be better. In MoP dailies would reward you with tokens that you could turn in for bonus rolls and if I am not mistaken you'd also get valor or justice points that you could use to purchase gear.

Also world quests are kinda missing a quest description like dailies or regular quests. I remember it being an issue in Legion with some world quests where I wouldn't know what to do and why I'm doing this. And world quests in general should relate to each other more tbh.

Those who voted on world quests: are you guys aware that WQs are the reason why we don't have fully fleshed out factions (as wqs give rep) and why the whole end game reward structure (wqs must give "epics", else noone would do them) is a mess? Why we have reused world content for 2/3 of the expansion, paragon reps, and shit like that?
    Just think about it. On paper, wqs are nice. Easy, quick, go in get out, boom-boom-boom. But in order to make them work, we got rid of so many better systems. Just like with azerite.

People who didn't like the mop starting dailies "so many dailies aaaaammmmmgggg!" actually like wq system I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Those who voted on world quests: are you guys aware that WQs are the reason why we don't have fully fleshed out factions (as wqs give rep) and why the whole end game reward structure (wqs must give "epics", else noone would do them) is a mess? Why we have reused world content for 2/3 of the expansion, paragon reps, and shit like that?
    Just think about it. On paper, wqs are nice. Easy, quick, go in get out, boom-boom-boom. But in order to make them work, we got rid of so many better systems. Just like with azerite.

People who didn't like the mop starting dailies "so many dailies aaaaammmmmgggg!" actually like wq system I wonder?
    What did WQs replace? Cause individual quests as shown in Surumar still existed. WQs SHOULDN'T give out H raid gear as a reward, I agree. But that's not a WQ problem, that's a game design problem. The faction rewards haven't changed drastically between WQ and old dailies but the individual rewards have. If they went back to being gold only it would make them like old dailies, but then it also gets rid of the gear slot machine the designers have implemented. I hate it and wish they would change it next xpac or in a future patch.

Edited :P
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Wrath has a ton of dailies that a lot of people forget. Icecrown alone had seven hubs I can think of off the top of my head, not counting the Argent Tournament. You could hit your daily cap there without touching any other zones. Thing was back then you could only do 25 of them per day. You had to pick and choose which factions you wanted to get rep with that day.
    I mean yeah you had choices, Icecrown (your only choice) and Storm Peaks (your secondary choice with around 10 or so dailies in it) and Sholazar Basin (gotta get that green drake mount! Come on, this week for sure!). But did we have any over in Howling Fjord or Grizzly Hills, my two favorite zones? Nope.

Once I got the green drake and polar bear mounts that left me with Icecrown exclusively, my least favorite zone due to the dreary color scheme and music. (except the argent tournament. I did like that music.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    World quests give you a dozen or more epics each day, and can give you a Mythic Raid level item by clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts. What is that?
    That's just justifiably complaining that WQs are too rewarding (of which I agree, my "alt" has been better off than my raiding main all expansion), rather than really countering why I like them, which is that they take me to more than just the max level zones.

Think in reverse as well, how much worse Legion would have been if we only had dailies in Argus and the Broken Shore. People complained enough about Legion aesthetic fatigue having those two patches in a row, but at least you could go do stuff in Suramar. (which surpassed Howling Fjord for me as the most gorgeous zone in history)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-07 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    What did WQs replace? Cause individual quests as shown in Surumar still existed. WQs SHOULDN'T give out H raid gear as a reward, I agree. But that's not a WQ problem, that's a game design problem. The faction rewards haven't changed drastically between WQ and old dailies but the individual rewards have. If they went back to being gold only it would make them like old dailies, but then it also gets rid of the gear slot machine the designers have implemented. I hate it and wish they would change it next xpac or in a future patch.

Edited :P
    Like I said WQs replaced (ousted) normal, meaningful, immersive factions, and also messed up the whole end game reward structure. Factions can not coexist with WQs, and the whole reward structure must support wqs, otherwise noone would do them.
    You could target factions and work for them and get very nice rep/daily before. You could then be DONE with them and move on from the zone to the new island/hub that came with the latest patch.
    Say you take out the rep gain and the gear reward from wqs. What's left? Crafting mats? AP? You put in faction hubs with progressive story. They would give dailies for immersive/narrative purposes?
    WQs gave the "opportunity" (slack) to the devs to reuse the whole world indefinetly with scaling ilevel crap and paragon rep shit, and not having to create new hubs with fresh content for every patch. It's the ultimate budget "content".
    WQs are just leveling quests reused.

Dailies also were faster most of the time. You picked up your 5-8 dailies at a hub, went to a general area where most of the questmobs/items were situated, did them in 10-15 mins, and then you were DONE. Now you have 30-ish wqs on your map that respawns twice a day and they are all scattered around.

Seriously noone can see this?
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-07 at 09:39 PM.

WQ is just another example of the game design creeping closer and closer to Diablo 3. WQ are the same as in Diablo, and M+ is just Rifts. Personally, if i wanted to play diablo i would.

I didnt mind the Hub based stuff quite as much, the argent tournament for example. I didnt LOVE the quests, but at least it was something a bit different, and having a massive hub like that, and disguising it as "training" was a nice touch. Personally i would prefer if there was an entirely different system, maybe something based around crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I like how WQs cycle, there's a certain element in talking to NPCs to accept and turn in the quests that I kind of miss about dailies.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean yeah you had choices, Icecrown (your only choice) and Storm Peaks (your secondary choice with around 10 or so dailies in it) and Sholazar Basin (gotta get that green drake mount! Come on, this week for sure!). But did we have any over in Howling Fjord or Grizzly Hills, my two favorite zones? Nope.

Once I got the green drake and polar bear mounts that left me with Icecrown exclusively, my least favorite zone due to the dreary color scheme and music. (except the argent tournament. I did like that music.)
    There was that small Kalu'ak, or whatever those walrus people were called, hub in Howling Fjord but that was it. They had a few dailies. Not amazing though.

None of them. They both are mobile-level of content.

Dailies with emissaries

I think I prefer WQ over dailies because dailies are much more repetitious. WQ aren't much better then dailies because there simply isn't enough and repetition does quickly sink in, but it is better in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Suramar did the traditional rep building through questing routine, with world quests. It worked.

The real issue is Blizzard abandoned the Suramar concept as a one and done.
    No it didn't work. There wasn't enough quests for you to carry on to the next rep level. What's the point of hiding rewards behind rep when you are not given the opportunity to complete said rep?

#neveragain
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No it didn't work. There wasn't enough quests for you to carry on to the next rep level. What's the point of hiding rewards behind rep when you are not given the opportunity to complete said rep?

#neveragain
    Daily quests themselves took at least one full month to unlock the Rep rewards. Blizzard is following a similar pattern, world quests just give us greater variety. Suramar shows how many of them can directly tie into both rep and storyline, the same as daily quests did.

Personally, I wish it was a mix. I wish we had a hub to go to for dailies like the olden days. But out on the map you have WQs that shuffle around daily with random rewards. Mostly just so it would have a different feel. Sure you land in the hub and pick up the same 4-6 quests you do everyday while rep grinding but while you are out there you come across WQs to alter the path up a bit if you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    *EDIT* Should say Dailies.

Fixed {ML}
    -

So last two expansions there has been World Quests instead of Daily Quests.

But which do you prefer now when you've tried both?

I personally enjoy daily quests more, more fun especially with professions, I loved fishing dailies for example lol.
    Loving the World Quests more, invites me out in the field instead of the same daily hubs all the time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

In essence they aren't too different. But WQs offer more varied activities, more and better rewards and don't force you to go to a hub to get started.

Just obtaining the Crusader title on my Paladin alt gave me new appreciation for WQs over dailies. My word that shit was boring as fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Both, I think a good blend of both could create a well rounded open World Experience but WQ should act more as Bonus Objectives

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    ? those world quests repeat too. you're going to the same spots. WQs are just a rotating pool of daily quests that you don't pick up at an NPC anymore, and it really feels like that pool of quests isn't that large. Often doing repeated WQs.
    I know but it is still better then the exact same 12 dailies that are in the exact same spot everyday of every week of every year. I can pick and choose where I want to go rather then always having to shot down seagulls.

Having same 5/6 dailies that i would know what to do would be enough for me + emissaries still to help you get more rep and still gear and whatnot, if you complete during the week at least 4 dailies from that zone you get your emissary.

I just prefer this rather than world quests being random and sometimes not interesting enough. Adding pet battles always with same pet battles rewards too i would like that since i have plenty pets waiting to be level 25 and i can't stand leveling them normal, i prefer waiting for the pet "charms" so i can buy in dalaran a level boost to 25.

I'm used to dailies since forever and world quests were nice in legion but i'm not finding fun anymore at BfA

There's too much world quests that we end up not doing anyway, only the ones that give rep tokens, prof mats, patterns and when we don't need AP it's like, meh. And when we don't need rep it's like mehhh, but because, paragons, we want this rep. So why not adding up dailies regardless and every daily giving a bigger increase of rep rather than random world quests... In WotLk you could even buy more rep with a certain token dropping from specific mobs. I miss those rep grind systems. But might be just me apparently.

Look at how it was in pandaria, almost everything had a boost on reps. And only one that took a huge time was The TILLERS and probably anglers.

And on side note, give dailies for professions too, herb or something

And since when dailies don't make you get into world pvp? as if you stay in the city doing them, there could be some in every specific zone too, and that's why assaults exists and if you're out in warmode on in those zones where everyone needs to go, believe me PVP is something that won't lack
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-08 at 01:30 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    World quests could be improved, but they are leagues better than Dailies. World quests get you out into the world, they make you go places, and they open opportunities for world pvp and a bit of mat gathering along the way. Not to mention the rewards are better, and their is more variety.