Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Skittering Hollow with Nerubians
    Molten Cay with Yaungol
    Jorundall with Taunka

Ugh.
    Actually pleased with this weeks selection as there are 4 pets I want that only come from those islands (or mobs specific to those islands).

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Actually pleased with this weeks selection as there are 4 pets I want that only come from those islands (or mobs specific to those islands).
    Thats fair.

One week I want it to be:
    Pirates
    Dragons
    Mogu?

Thats fair.

One week I want it to be:
    Pirates
    Dragons
    Mogu?
    Any week were the main mob on every island drops a mounts is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And its numbers like this that Blizzard will use as excuse. "Island Expeditions were extremely popular feature!!! We are ready to expand on it in the next expansion!".
    Blizzard can go fuck themselves and suck their own cocks and stick it up in the ass if they think ISLAND EXPEDITIONS IS THAT AWESOME FEATURE to carry it over next xpac. No just.. No.......... I bet blizzard doesn't even play IE longer than any of us does.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Blizzard can go fuck themselves and suck their own cocks and stick it up in the ass if they think ISLAND EXPEDITIONS IS THAT AWESOME FEATURE to carry it over next xpac. No just.. No.......... I bet blizzard doesn't even play IE longer than any of us does.
    NONE of the BFA features that aren't Allied Races or Heritage Armor are going to make it into 9.0. Mark my words.

They are dropping HoA, AND Warfronts, AND Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    NONE of the BFA features that aren't Allied Races or Heritage Armor are going to make it into 9.0. Mark my words.

They are dropping HoA, AND Warfronts, AND Islands.
    MoP scenarios wasn't popular either but they keep that as some new mechanic for questlines and story purpose. I think Islands could work as some random location you have to do either king of the hill or BR kind of event. Also HoA is just the legion artifact thing but prunned, they are gonna to use that in the next expansion but with some changes, maybe the 8.2 version will be like the "alpha" for the next expansion model of that system
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Finished I'm Here For The Pets last night after ~300 IEs...... still comfortably sitting on 0 mounts.

Finished I'm Here For The Pets last night after ~300 IEs...... still comfortably sitting on 0 mounts.
    Done about 400 over the past 4 weeks and still need a couple of pets and a couple of the quest items. One of each relate to nerubians so was hoping to get those this week but no luck so far (I'd say about 30-35 islands with them this week). Will try more tonight before the EU reset.

Wowhead has these up for this week.

Jorundall with Vrykul
    Un'gol Ruins with Quilboars
    Verdant Wilds with Primal Druids

Quillboar don't even have an entry on Wowhead for loot so this looks like a great week.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-04-23 at 03:28 PM.

Done about 400 over the past 4 weeks and still need a couple of pets and a couple of the quest items. One of each relate to nerubians so was hoping to get those this week but no luck so far (I'd say about 30-35 islands with them this week). Will try more tonight before the EU reset.

Wowhead has these up for this week.

Jorundall with Vrykul
    Un'gol Ruins with Quilboars
    Verdant Wilds with Primal Druids

Quillboar don't even have an entry on Wowhead for loot so this looks like a great week.
    Yep thats a crap week.

Anyone knows if Feral Worgen can be "main" mobs on island, or are they only in Duskhaven and invasions?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Anyone knows if Feral Worgen can be "main" mobs on island, or are they only in Duskhaven and invasions?
    Pretty sure you're right. Duskhaven and invasions only.

Each mob group is only the main mob on one island. Some of the mob groups are only on ever there as main mob on an island (skittering hollow-nerubians) but most can show as invasion mobs as well.

That's why i stopped running it since the drop rate is far far worth by thousands grind of mythic and hope for a mount.. Why can't it just be put in vendor and cross it off if u managed got it from loot? That WOULD save... Never mind.... you know blizzard..

I feel like its time to make suggestion-spam on offical forum to blizzard. 8.2 has 0 changes to this crap...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I feel like its time to make suggestion-spam on offical forum to blizzard. 8.2 has 0 changes to this crap...
    Yeah its my main ongoing source of disappointment with BFA..... heaps of basically unobtainable collectables.

Yeah its my main ongoing source of disappointment with BFA..... heaps of basically unobtainable collectables.
    I did a hole list of issues here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51091912

BFA for collectors are the most insane toxic exp ever - And thats saying something. Its so bad no other exp compares even closely. Makes vanilla wow grinds seems fine.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I did a hole list of issues here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51091912

BFA for collectors are the most insane toxic exp ever - And thats saying something. Its so bad no other exp compares even closely. Makes vanilla wow grinds seems fine.
    They did say about adding the island expedition drops to vendors near the end of the expansion but I'm going to believe that when i see it (so people can get those last few things ;-) - I think they overestimate how easy it is to get things with all the RNG). I would have to estimate costs for things will be extortionate if they do.

I knew mounts were unreasonable to chase after under the RNG model, but I'm surprised how annoying it is getting other things like toys or items-that-start-a-quest. The layers of RNG and repetition of certain mobs that offer basically nothing (like feral worgen or makrura) is just more disappointment. And Blizzard still doesn't address this crap, while they excitedly link that they're adding yet another island to the pool in 8.2.

What a shit show BFA is even with modest goals that exclude mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    I knew mounts were unreasonable to chase after under the RNG model, but I'm surprised how annoying it is getting other things like toys or items-that-start-a-quest. The layers of RNG and repetition of certain mobs that offer basically nothing (like feral worgen or makrura) is just more disappointment. And Blizzard still doesn't address this crap, while they excitedly link that they're adding yet another island to the pool in 8.2.

What a shit show BFA is even with modest goals that exclude mounts.
    Yeah there hasn't been a main island mob that can drop a mount in over a month. It's just beyond ridiculous at this point and only trending towards worse.

I like this week because of the Makrura as I haven't the pet yet. Of course, didn't do me much good with Nerubians (the other pet I don't have) a couple of weeks ago and I only got the last quest item I needed from them late on the last day. I do my weekly quest and basically hope that they will add a vendor at the end of the expansion like they suggested they would. There's no point going overboard in the hope of getting a mount as the droprates are pathetic and there are too many things on the loot table adding more layers of RNG.

I like this week because of the Makrura as I haven't the pet yet.
    Pets are the only thing I think are reasonable, since they can be auctioned, and some are worth good money, though it's pretty RNG how much they go for. The real problem though is that with any RNG system, the further into a collection you get, the more your chance of running across something that can actually drop anything you're after shrinks.

One of the things I really hate about RNG is that is actually takes something that SHOULD be a positive development feature (a wide variety of potential enemies) and turns it into a negative. The bigger the pool of mob varieties, the more punishing RNG will become as you work your way through the list of things you're trying to get, until finally you get to a point where you've got a 1/20 chance each week of getting a 1/3 chance per match of getting a 1/100 chance of a drop. The fractions just stack in terrible ways (most of which wouldn't be terrible if the system allowed all the rewards to be auctioned, because then you get the benefit of crowd-sourced RNG, which gets very different, like with pets).

Like I said, I've left the mounts off my list of things I'm after, but man, seeing the islands rotate in certain mobs for what feels like the 4th or 5th time (I feel like I've seen feral worgen many times now) while I still haven't seen others that offer what I'm after once is just annoying. And all of this leaves me just scratching my head at whether the developers (like Muffinus) have absorbed any of the feedback on islands, because it sounds like 8.2 changes absolutely nothing other than adding in one new location, when 8.2 is supposed to be this massive patch they've been tailoring to respond to feedback in all sorts of other areas.