Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another turtle made it to the water...

I barely played a few weeks at the start of BfA and I've recently returned to the game... and I just hate the tortollan quests. Everytime I listen to her say "another turtle made it to the water" something very evil grows deep inside me and I think that it will eventually explode and cause a catastrophe of global proportions.

Please, tell me there's a way I can kill this psychopath granny who lets their grandchildren be eaten by albatross and crabs.

---

Yes, I kind of overexaggerated it... but I can't be the only one who hates that turtle.

Maybe this will make you feel better:

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hahaha, that would be one hell of a twist.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yes, that actually helped, thanks, haha.

I believe this special tortollian will be one of the end bosses of the upcoming raid content.

Which would be a reason for me to play LFR. At least once.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Please, tell me there's a way I can kill this psychopath granny who lets their grandchildren be eaten by albatross and crabs.
    Those are just turtles and not tortollan. The BfA CE pet is what a baby tortollan looks like.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Those are just turtles and not tortollan. The BfA CE pet is what a baby tortollan looks like.
    And this, guys, is how you miss a point XDDD... sigh.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can make the same point you are trying to make with out using false statements. Like how this evil granny sends you to kill the very same turtles you try to save.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I barely played a few weeks at the start of BfA and I've recently returned to the game... and I just hate the tortollan quests. Everytime I listen to her say "another turtle made it to the water" something very evil grows deep inside me and I think that it will eventually explode and cause a catastrophe of global proportions.

---

Yes, I kind of overexaggerated it... but I can't be the only one who hates that turtle.
    I always found something really funny about these quests. "save 10 turtles" ok cool, i got ten, there is still 15 on the beach should i try save them? nah, fuckem, you done your 10, just walk away now

Or when i am rescuing people in cages. have 15 keys left. rescued 9/10 ppl. get to the 10th. its a group of three cages. Open first cage, person is happy. quest completes. other two look at me "sorry guys, i got my 10/10, you on your own" *throws remaining keys just out of reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised, when I came back to the game, that there was a WQ where you're doing the opposite: controlling a crab killing the little turtles.

.....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I always found something really funny about these quests. "save 10 turtles" ok cool, i got ten, there is still 15 on the beach should i try save them? nah, fuckem, you done your 10, just walk away now

Or when i am rescuing people in cages. have 15 keys left. rescued 9/10 ppl. get to the 10th. its a group of three cages. Open first cage, person is happy. quest completes. other two look at me "sorry guys, i got my 10/10, you on your own" *throws remaining keys just out of reach.
    I like to think my character hands one of the remaining prisoners the keys so they can finish the job while I focus on clearing a path to safety. Doesn't reflect ingame, but it helps fill in the plot hole.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

OP, i never understood why people don't like this quest.

Can someone please logically fill me in as to why this quest makes you mad or upset? Its just a game people.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Yeah, people have been making this sort of observation for awhile now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I was surprised, when I came back to the game, that there was a WQ where you're doing the opposite: controlling a crab killing the little turtles.

.....what?
    They added it for shits and giggles because everyone complained about beachhead taking ages.

Now we can take revenge on those tiny green slow spawns of hell.

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    still tickles me 7-9 of them clearly make the water and shows up as the 1st.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

---

well at least we get to be the crab that eats them and spits their shells at their brothers and sisters to smash them to death now

I think the turtles you save and the Tortollan are 2 different things. They just feel an affinity for the regular turtles but still not enough to let some be taken by the crabs. It doesn't say the newly hatched turtles are their children.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I think this is appropriate response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIREcQl1EX4
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

.....what?
    Nature needs balance. Crabs gotta eat too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

No the OP missed the point by not realizing the turtles are not Tortollan.

Don't go by my sig. The signature generator will not let me update it.)
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD