Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Lmao, that would explain a lot honestly.
    Hell, they are probably working together to merge the two universes. When Sylvanas went all "this will change everything" when she first saw Azerite is because Azerite showed her a way to use it to open a portal to Westeros so that she can summon the Iron Fleet to Azeroth to win the war for her. After 8.2 any Alliance attack will be thwarted by Euron popping out of nowhere and sniping them with his railguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given that I threw this together on a whim, I'm not expecting it to be perfect, and I'm clearly only looking at one particular storyline, but still. Smarter than whatever they're doing, I think.
    At this point (and by "this point" I mean at least since the second half of season 7 with Gendry the marathon man) you could throw alphabet noodles on a piece of paper and whatever mess you'd get would still be smarter than what D&D are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How the fuck is this possible based on the positions of the ships? Either they're spread so badly around that they can shoot from two sides, or GoT doesn't give a fuck about realistic trajectories.
    The railguns' projectiles have homing, just like the ice spear Night King used to kill Viserion last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Not sure exactly why they didn't but I read it was due to weather and them wanting to capture The Great War in the most winter-like conditions but they really should have just combined season 7 and 8 so we could avoid this rushed garbled mess it is now. Giving season 9 a solid 10 episodes to close the series out properly.

I am pretty sure we waited 2 years for season 8 specifically for The Great War and that was probably the biggest letdown in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its defo not the same GoT from s1-4. It is known.
    True, but it is the only official GoT. Sucks, I know, but what can you do? Too late to vote with wallet for this...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, that's how it works technically and in theory

However, how the public perceives his revisionist version, if it ever even will be released, on the story already seen on TV years before is an entirely different thing.
    The good thing is, nobody cares what "the public" thinks bcs why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Not sure exactly why they didn't but I read it was due to weather and them wanting to capture The Great War in the most winter-like conditions but they really should have just combined season 7 and 8 so we could avoid this rushed garbled mess it is now. Giving season 9 a solid 10 episodes to close the series out properly.

I am pretty sure we waited 2 years for season 8 specifically for The Great War and that was probably the biggest letdown in the show.
    yeah.. Episode 3 & 5 is probably the reason it took them so long to finish season 8. TBH, I would prefer less big battles if it gave us more episodes in season 8. Its obviously needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The good thing is, nobody cares what "the public" thinks bcs why would they?
    By public I mean the audience and fans. They care.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

Yet another case of nice episode to watch, but terribly written if you're the series fan.
    This one sentence is about the best summary of the show since season ~5 or 6.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we literally shat on the Prince that was Promised in GOT.
    I know I'm a book snob, but this really did irritate me. GRRM has made an incredibly internally consistent series of "prophetic" dreams/visions etc. While it's impossible for characters in-world to decipher, they're very much accurate and possible for us to interpret. D&D clearly fucked with that in it's entirety, which is annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    It pisses me off how Euron was able to kill Rhaegal when the Night King and Viserion couldn't. It also pisses me off that the Night King isn't mentioned ONCE in this episode. You'd think Ice Satan would still be in everyone's thoughts. Finally, it greatly pisses me off how they made such a big deal out of the Night King and in the end he doesn't even get past Winterfell, the second northernmost castle in the continent. I wanted to see the South quiver in fear as the Night King invaded.

But No, we just have to continue with the forced political drama because "It'S cAlLeD gAmE oF tHrOnEs".
    We goddamned started this series north of the wall with the white walkers.

D&D brought their end too quickly without satisfaction. I don't mind so much that Arya killed the NK, but the NK needed to be the threat he was and Brann should have done something that visibly had to do with his warging abilities (more than control some crows.)

Winterfell should have fallen, Jon should have been forced to retreat.
    Putin khuliyo

Disappointing as expected.

I understand needing to write out the dragons to stop them from being a 'just dragon and win' button but they didn't even attempt to make it believable, just go with totally accurate rapid fire ballista's.

And Cersei, someone who had no problem with blowing up a church full of people somehow doesn't end the war right there when her enemy shows up in bow range.

Somehow 50% of the army survives a Pyrrhic victory in a castle defense.
    Jamie boning Brienne out of left field turning his admiration into what? pitty for her being a virgin?
    Good that he got the directors memo about needing to go kill Cersie. He almost forgot.
    Oh and its always good to discuss treason in a mostly empty castle with big echoing hallways so everyone can hear you.

I look forward to the battle next episode that will probably make as little sense as the previous one.
    Sigh.

ps. Ghost casually written out because mah budget.
    Brann will likely never be mentioned again.
    Still no clue what he was doing warging at the end of the battle.
    Guess they really wanted that show of a crow flying through flame.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We goddamned started this series north of the wall with the white walkers.

D&D brought their end too quickly without satisfaction. I don't mind so much that Arya killed the NK, but the NK needed to be the threat he was and Brann should have done something that visibly had to do with his warging abilities (more than control some crows.)

Winterfell should have fallen, Jon should have been forced to retreat.
    The South should have been PULLED into the conflict by necessity. Not able to act like it never happened, much like the show will do these last 2 eps.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I have my own theory about that.

Because when you think about it from a financial point of view, GRRM could not want the show to spoiler the ending of the books.

Like, why the hell would a writer want to have his story spoiled by a TV show, when he still has to write two (right?) books to end it himself.

I guess that somewhere after Jon died and was resurrected the next season, GRRM told D&D that they can simply fuck off and not spoiler his book's ending. He guided them roughly to where he wanted to go but ultimately kept his actual ending to himself.

That's why I suspect to see two different endings in GoT and ASOIAF. Not majorly different, but ASOIAF is probably going to switch the two fights between NK and Cersei, or at least merge them to one epic ending.

I mean, we literally shat on the Prince that was Promised in GOT.
    The NK is not the same thing in the books as in the show. There is not a white walker 'king' in the books, white walkers wildly differs from the book counterpart 'the others'. I dont think they will be as huge in the last books as on the show, so I dont understand people, who call themself book fans, are disappointed in the shows dealing of the NK.

Quote Originally Posted by Packness View Post
    The NK is not the same thing in the books as in the show. There is not a white walker 'king' in the books, white walkers wildly differs from the book counterpart 'the others'. I dont think they will be as huge in the last books as on the show, so I dont understand people, who call themself book fans, are disappointed in the shows dealing of the NK.
    In a way, the creators pissed off both sides. The book fans were pissed off that the adaptation spent a lot of time to make the story all about generic Walking Dead zombies - and then didn't even make it pay off. And the show fans, who wanted to see the conclusion of the Zombie Storyline, got a shit and rushed conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packness View Post
    While what you've said holds for those who read the books and watch the show in some cases, you are missing something for others who are book fans and watch the show (like myself; I started the books back when the first one came out) because you're focused on the assumption that some are arguing that they be similar or even the same. I don't see StayTuned saying this, and yet you seem to assume she/he was. He was talking about how the books and show might be different in the end and possible reasons why.

Let me explain to you, from the perspective of someone who began reading the books in the 1990s and loves both them and the show (until this season), doesn't expect them to be the same or even similar, and yet who is disappointed in season 8. People who call themselves book fans are disappointed with how it dealt with the NK in season 8 because of what the writers did early on in the show. Namely, the show gave us 7 seasons of building up the NK/white walkers/others as an existential threat to all life on Westeros, gestured to the Prince that was Promised prophecy and hinted that Dany or Jon might fulfill that in the dealing with the others, and then jerked us around by not paying that off. It was in the show, and it was completely ignored because the writers didn't feel right and wanted to surprise us. Fuck them for developing this storyline, making us think that this fight would be more of a struggle than it really was, and then ignoring all of that previous framework. THAT is why some of us who were equally book and show fans are disappointed, pissed, or irritated.

- - - Updated - - -

The South should have been PULLED into the conflict by necessity. Not able to act like it never happened, much like the show will do these last 2 eps.
    I agree with you. I was led to believe that this conflict with the NK/others was quite serious and very challenging, but all I learned was that all of the previous buildup was glorified bullshit, an elaborate misdirect, or the writers didn't expect us to remember all they had written previously and so thought they could get away with it. Whatever their reasons, I remain disappointed at the show's outcome so far and irritated at the writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its defo not the same GoT from s1-4. It is known.
    If the script leaks for the last episodes (which so far have been 100% correct for ep4) hold true, they should even be allowed to keep the same name and IP...

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue so far this season isn't so much what happens, but rather how. Like the Dothraki getting stomped should have been a way to show just how terrifying the dead were. It was open field, they had flaming swords, they'd been bigged up since season one. It was only last season Jaime was telling Cersi the Dothraki toyed with him/the Tarlys.

It should have been a oh shit they're getting wrecked how menacing are the dead. And it was...for about 30 seconds, then everything just fell apart.

Same with killing the dragon this episode. They've already hinted at the new and improved scorpions, we knew these were going to be a threat. They had to be for Cersi to actually stand a chance. But Eulon appearing out of nowhere firing them while on a boat with precision accuracy ruins the whole thing.

Bronn being sent to kill Jaime/Tyrion - wasted oppurtunity. Bronn out of character. But again, him being sent to kill them isn't the issue.

Tyrion and Varys plotting against Dany - them souring on her isn't out of character, the way they're going about it is though.

GoT became a meme. A good meme at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I remember people in this thread claiming it wasn't rape the night of the episode, to justify the shit writing. So......?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Oh, Jesus Christ.

Overcoming any tragedy or traumatic event can make somebody stronger. I can't even with this shit.