Ask Mr. Robots Assassination PvE Guide

I already take issue with the assassination rogue single target rotation. It says to use deadly poison, stealth, pre pot, then MfD into a garrote. MfD gives you 5 CP's and garrote gives you 1-2 depending on traits. This is a DPS loss why would you waste CP's like that?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Stop using that crappy site.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Stop using that crappy site.
    Did t say that I was. I just checked the guide for my class and spec for curiosity sake and noticed that.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just go with Ravenholdt and you're good

Well, first of all, no one and their mother is using Marked for Death talent in raiding, it's hard to say why it is as default but text above it says that chosen talents aren't recommended ones.

Secondly, it's important to read the notes as well.

It's best to use MFD 10-15 seconds before the pull hits 0. If you time it correctly, your first Garrote takes you instantly to 5CP and you start with MfD on lower CD.
    Under second Garrote, there's note saying to use 2nd Garrote if the duration of your first is under 18 seconds. Well this is naturally a thing right away because base duration of Garrote is 18 seconds, but there's also this note: Do not cast Garrote back to back, use one ability between the two Garrote casts.
    If timed perfectly, you shouldn't overcap any CP and I guess it maximizes your opener. But that's just guess, personally I never really tested it.

And to correct you, Garrote gives 3 CP when having trait, without it it gives 1 CP.

Just checked it out. It's bad.

Look, I hope you did this for "research" sake just to see how bad Mr.Robot it and weren't actually searching for viable info. It's 2019 ye? Mr.Robot is completely irrelevant. It's bascially noxxic. Misinformation galore. Stick to ravenholdt and discord channel and Wowhead guides are very good also. This goes for all classes really. Pinned messages in each class channel and dedicated sites for the class is what's good. Mr.Robot is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Well, first of all, no one and their mother is using Marked for Death talent in raiding, it's hard to say why it is as default but text above it says that chosen talents aren't recommended ones.

Secondly, it's important to read the notes as well.

It's best to use MFD 10-15 seconds before the pull hits 0. If you time it correctly, your first Garrote takes you instantly to 5CP and you start with MfD on lower CD.
    Under second Garrote, there's note saying to use 2nd Garrote if the duration of your first is under 18 seconds. Well this is naturally a thing right away because base duration of Garrote is 18 seconds, but there's also this note: Do not cast Garrote back to back, use one ability between the two Garrote casts.
    If timed perfectly, you shouldn't overcap any CP and I guess it maximizes your opener. But that's just guess, personally I never really tested it.

And to correct you, Garrote gives 3 CP when having trait, without it it gives 1 CP.
    +1

I checked the guide briefly. I like how it updates tips depending on the actual talents+traits selected. It seems correct to me, assuming you are able to actually read the notes.

Edit:
    After looking at the APL some more i have to agree it is weird. The sequence does not utilise MfD or Elaborate properly at all.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-08 at 07:49 AM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

I checked the guide briefly. I like how it updates tips depending on the actual talents+traits selected. It seems correct to me, assuming you are able to actually read the notes.
    What?! No, it's horrible! Plain and simple...

The opener is just wrong on so many levels

Quote Originally Posted by Pikay View Post
    What?! No, it's horrible! Plain and simple...

The opener is just wrong on so many levels
    I looked at it some more and compared it with the Ravenholdt Guide. I agree now that it really is not good or correct. The opener with Elaborate+MfD should obviously be very, very different from what AMR says.

I like the fundamental idea of AMR to update the APL directly depending on Talents+Traits....i think it could make for some good layout compared to having a lot of paragraphs in sequence with a more traditional text layout...but the information being correct is still the most important thing. And it currently is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    and garrote gives you 1-2 depending on traits
    do you even play rogue????

Supposedly AMR bases its info from analysis of actual logs and what traits/stats/talents produces the best output.

In theory atleast it should be more accurate for the average player than a simulated maximum very very few are even tclose to execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I checked that site and quite frankly, they seem completely lost. Avoid it.

Ok, i feel confident in your judgement. Mr. random has personally checked the site, and provided an overwhelming amount if support for why it should be avoided.

"Frankly they seem lost", all the evidence we need.

Did their guide propose something different than respeccing outlaw and popping adrenaline rush/blade flurry & /afk?
    Last edited by Caus; 2019-05-15 at 10:37 AM.