https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...of_rage_titan/

Turning off the caches apparently also turned off the loot on stronghold bosses. Its that Bioware Magic baby!

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Hovering in the Air is not the same as Shooting and flying fast/Jetpacking in the Air at the same time.
    I think it is, flying at full speed you wouldn't hit anything and would have to strafe attack like an airplane. That would be totally useless in an MMO-like environment where everything has hit points.
    Hovering lets you move at a speed where you can actually hit most of your shots while still moving at a decent speed in the air.

Except in Destiny 2 and in Division 2 there are plenty of useful abilities, they are far from useless.
    Not in my opinion. In Destiny 2 abilities (aside from the ultimate) are quite miniscule, you do 95% of your damage with your gun.
    In Division 1 (haven't played 2) abilities are even more useless, they don't even have classes there and if you don't spec for ability damage (and thus gimping your gun damage) abilities are so useless that i rarely use them at all. But even if you do spec for them, the cooldown is so long that it seems impossible to play with abilites only.
    Maybe it's better in Division 2, don't know, don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Turning off the caches apparently also turned off the loot on stronghold bosses. Its that Bioware Magic baby!
    Yeah they really can't do even one patch without breaking something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That was not only "messaged". There was actually a freaking timer ingame.
    To be fair the timer was only visible in Fort Tarsis underground at the one station where you could see all the loot items that are in the chests. There is absolutely no reason to ever go there and it is not well communicated that it even exists. The clearly visible elysium symbol on the other side of the room only showed the dailies to get a key but no timer.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people never saw the timer.

Don't think they're connected, it's more likely an issue with "Partially defeated encounters will no longer re-dispense loot from previously defeated creatures."

This game is just the gift that keeps on giving lol.

This game is done. Simple as that. The fact there are matchmaking issues because there aren't enough players says a lot.

Even if Bioware do somehow salvage this mess they won't have the population they could have had.

EA has officially said Anthem has performed below expectations.

How long untill they axe the game and Bioware?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This game is just the gift that keeps on giving lol.

This game is done. Simple as that. The fact there are matchmaking issues because there aren't enough players says a lot.

Even if Bioware do somehow salvage this mess they won't have the population they could have had.
    What issues are you having with matchmaking? I never have problems getting into GM3 contracts or GM2 Strongholds. GM3 Strongholds don't often fill up but then I've never had much fun PuGging those as they seem to be designed for organised groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Well as they just told investors in an official conference call they'll be supporting Anthem for a while yet I'm gonna say it'll be a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What issues are you having with matchmaking?
    He doesn't play Anthem. He admitted only playing for a couple hours on a friend's account like 2 weeks after launch, but that's all his experience with this game.

Probably on their last chance with DA4.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I didnt cherrypick anything, We know what happens to ea studios that dont meet expectations.
    You just picked one line out of the entire call ignoring everything else that was said so you could perpetuate a narrative. Totally different!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Sure you're not the one cherry picking there?

"Players have spent over 150MM hours since launch

Players gave positive feedback on beauty of world and fun of flying around in suit, gameplay"

I mean lol. Time spent afk and "beauty of world" are a success I guess.

Its not to late to turn the game into a flight simulator is it?
    See this is why i tend to ignore you, i post a summarized transcript of the entire call of parts relating to anthem, cite my source for said info, and you in your infinite wisdom toss out a 'no you!'
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I didnt cherrypick anything, We know what happens to ea studios that dont meet expectations.
    Do you? Because I bet you didn't expect this: https://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-a...-work-anymore/

They reaffirmed both support for Anthem and Bioware as well as using it as a teaching moment to change how they company does things. Of course a lot of that is CEO speak but even if some of it makes its way into operations of the company it is against exactly what you think happens to EA studios that don't meet expectations.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think it is, flying at full speed you wouldn't hit anything and would have to strafe attack like an airplane. That would be totally useless in an MMO-like environment where everything has hit points.
    Hovering lets you move at a speed where you can actually hit most of your shots while still moving at a decent speed in the air.
    You act like people making Flying Enemies meant for flying shooting is something new.

Not in my opinion. In Destiny 2 abilities (aside from the ultimate) are quite miniscule, you do 95% of your damage with your gun.
    In Division 1 (haven't played 2) abilities are even more useless, they don't even have classes there and if you don't spec for ability damage (and thus gimping your gun damage) abilities are so useless that i rarely use them at all.
    But even if you do spec for them, the cooldown is so long that it seems impossible to play with abilites only.
    If you're not using your abilities in Destiny 2 and Division 2 you're playing the game wrong.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

You act like people making Flying Enemies meant for flying shooting is something new.
    That would be a whole different game. If i want to play Ace Combat i'd play that.

If you're not using your abilities in Destiny 2 and Division 2 you're playing the game wrong.
    Who made you the god of gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They reaffirmed both support for Anthem and Bioware as well as using it as a teaching moment to change how they company does things. Of course a lot of that is CEO speak but even if some of it makes its way into operations of the company it is against exactly what you think happens to EA studios that don't meet expectations.
    We have been down this road before, clearly nothing has been learned:

"So we're very happy with kind of how BioWare is doing, how BioWare is treating Mass Effect. And our expectations for Mass Effect are still strong for the future and the franchise overall. (...) And we chose to give the team some more time to deliver against that innovation because we believe players are looking for the kinds of things that we plan to put into that game. And so we're very happy with BioWare. BioWare has continued to support Mass Effect, and the new team is doing some amazing things and you'll hear more about that in the months to come."

That was Mass Effect Andromeda. A little while before they dropped all support.

7+ Year Old Account

Well tbh, every AAA game is now "below expectations", due to bloated investors expectations.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-05-08 at 01:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

In Division 1 (haven't played 2) abilities are even more useless, they don't even have classes there and if you don't spec for ability damage (and thus gimping your gun damage) abilities are so useless that i rarely use them at all. But even if you do spec for them, the cooldown is so long that it seems impossible to play with abilites only.
    Can agree that in Destiny 2 abilities weren't really prominent, but both this and Division are mainly shooters, so i kinda expect doing large part of the damage through my guns.

Didn't play much Division 1 but playing consistently in 2 and abilities look pretty different - there are CC, healing, offensive, utility ones - and basically many more; so if you choose a guns-focused playstyle you're still using abilities, just not prominently and likely more utility support stuff that retain their power despite not gearing for them; if you go towards a skill-based playstyle, you're using short-cd (10 seconds or so) offensive ones (but apart firefly all the others are basically good to have) and doing a lot more damage through them, though damage though guns stays (it's the basic gameplay and most damage goes through skills anyway).

To me it just like you're more comfortable/find more entertaining to shoot at enemies than to play a skill-based build. Anyway not everyone must like the same game so that's it - in the specific case of Division 2, abilities have a great role while not being the 100% of combat and all the game is based around a mix of both skill usage and actual shooting.

EDIT: Division 2 has also specialization that give you a special weapon and talent trees that help with specific playstyles, but again, it's totally about the player and how it actually plays the game. You like MMR? you gear to use that. Same goes for any other weapon (running a second char based on a shield/pistol build).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-05-08 at 01:00 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: Division 2 has also specialization that give you a special weapon
    Too bad ammo for those weapons are as common as unicorns
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You just picked one line out of the entire call ignoring everything else that was said so you could perpetuate a narrative. Totally different!

- - - Updated - - -

See this is why i tend to ignore you, i post a summarized transcript of the entire call of parts relating to anthem, cite my source for said info, and you in your infinite wisdom toss out a 'no you!'
    We are knew they were gonna try and fix it? The only new info WAS below expectations. Nothing was cherrypicked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you? Because I bet you didn't expect this: https://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-a...-work-anymore/

I didnt expect something thats been said for months? Sureeeee
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-05-08 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Too bad ammo for those weapons are as common as unicorns
    They were a couple patch ago, but now there are plenty of them available.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Can agree that in Destiny 2 abilities weren't really prominent, but both this and Division are mainly shooters, so i kinda expect doing large part of the damage through my guns.

Didn't play much Division 1 but playing consistently in 2 and abilities look pretty different - there are CC, healing, offensive, utility ones - and basically many more; so if you choose a guns-focused playstyle you're still using abilities, just not prominently and likely more utility support stuff that retain their power despite not gearing for them; if you go towards a skill-based playstyle, you're using short-cd (10 seconds or so) offensive ones (but apart firefly all the others are basically good to have) and doing a lot more damage through them, though damage though guns stays (it's the basic gameplay and most damage goes through skills anyway).

To me it just like you're more comfortable/find more entertaining to shoot at enemies than to play a skill-based build. Anyway not everyone must like the same game so that's it - in the specific case of Division 2, abilities have a great role while not being the 100% of combat and all the game is based around a mix of both skill usage and actual shooting.

EDIT: Division 2 has also specialization that give you a special weapon and talent trees that help with specific playstyles, but again, it's totally about the player and how it actually plays the game. You like MMR? you gear to use that. Same goes for any other weapon (running a second char based on a shield/pistol build).
    Well i mean it's cool if they did that in Division 2. Maybe i will give it a try at some point. In part one, when i threw a grenade it barely damaged elites, same with turrets, even stun turrets rarely stunned them and they destroyed it with one hit. Healing was nice but on a long cooldown.

It's ok if you like the gameplay, i can understand that a more gun-focused gameplay is enticing for many people but i quite like that Anthem actually has classes that have a different playstyle. If you like to shoot you play Ranger, if you like to fight mainly with skills you play storm, Interceptor is a melee fighter and Colossus the AoE/combo-enabler/run-through-enemies-with-your-Shield class.
    To say that this gameplay is brainless is stupid, i find it more varied than the competition.

To say that this gameplay is brainless is stupid, i find it more varied than the competition.
    I didn't play it as i thought from the beginning it was nice looking but not lasting a lot (which seems to be right) - but i get the point now. Anthem has a very much definite distinction between playstyles through different Javelins that have completely or much different playstyles associated.

However it boils down to how the combat is done. Anthem has much more verticality (which the other two don't have at all since you don't fly) and has tools to go melee. Destiny/Division don't have those tools and thus are naturally more limited in playstyle than the first (well, melee is a thing in Destiny but very limited and definitely not something you can build around). It's not only a matter of skills/abilites to choose from.

I wouldn't go all the way to call the game brainless even with all the blatant issues it has. From what i see, the "class system" is not one of them at all. The other two games rely a lot more on how different weapons behave and this create different playstyles based on that (though Destiny imho doesn't make much difference between anything, it's just a matter of colors - Division given the combat makes appera the differences between weapons much more).