View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You would think that if they are as bad as you say, they wouldn't be allowed to stand? Or if they are guilty of those crimes that you allege at the least locked up and the keys thrown away.

Strange that they are free to stand for election as pillars of the community. Why do you think that is?
    Because the law in this area is staggeringly inadequate and presumes that political parties will exercise discretion without needing to be forced?
    @ElectoralCommUK
    Replying to @jessphillips
    Really sorry to see you've been on the receiving end of these unpleasant comments @jessphillips Current law in this area only allows for disqualification if someone has served a year or more in prison. We'd be happy to discuss with you.
    But just to be clear - you are happy to vote for parties that include candidates who supported pedophilia & IRA bombings / openly discuss raping their female political opponents? You are happy for your tax money to go towards paying their salaries and pensions?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-07 at 12:57 PM.

Latest polling from Survation shows that the Brexit party are still neck and neck with Labour in EP elections but are set to take votes from both main parties. It is looking the Cons are in for another poor election showing.

https://www.survation.com/european-p...e-uk-apr-2019/

Rather, brilliantly, Nigel Farage says that the Brexit party will not be publishing policies until after the European elections are over. During the campaign it will be focusing on democracy in a press conference this morning. Presumably because if no-one knows what their policies are then no-one can criticise them.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sume-live-news

And the police are investigating, everyone's favourite youtube racist and Ukipper, Carl Benjamin with regard to comments about Jess Phillips,

https://twitter.com/vicderbyshire/st...82338522910720

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So if I'm reading that are the Lib Dems/Green/Independents taking 18% of Labours vote share and 14% of the Conservatives but aren't on the graph?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So if I'm reading that are the Lib Dems/Green/Independents taking 18% of Labour's vote share but aren't on the graph?
    I think the point is to highlight how well the new parties are doing at gaining votes from the two main parties. But, yeah, that is a reasonable assumption but don't forget that there could be abstentions and possibly Con votes in the unaccounted for 18%.

I think the point is to highlight how well the new parties are doing at gaining votes from the two main parties. But, yeah, that is a reasonable assumption but don't forget that there could be abstentions and possibly Con votes in the unaccounted for 18%.
    True dat, just trying to get a bigger picture atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Because the law in this area is staggeringly inadequate and presumes that political parties will exercise discretion without needing to be forced?

But just to be clear - you are happy to vote for parties that include candidates who supported pedophilia & IRA bombings / openly discuss raping their female political opponents? You are happy for your tax money to go towards paying their salaries and pensions?
    I thought I had been clear that that no I won't be voting for Labour or the Conservatives both of whom are guilty of many of the things you allege. Can you say the same?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I thought I had been clear that that no I won't be voting for Labour or the Conservatives both of whom are guilty of many of the things you allege. Can you say the same?
    I am absolutely happy to say that I won't be voting for parties that defend candidates like Claire Fox or Carl Benjamin - i'm asking why you are happy to do so?

Did you know who Claire Fox was before Farage announced she was standing and other Brexit party candidates (like Sally Bate) started quitting in disgust at having to share a platform with her?

7+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely happy to say that I won't be voting for parties that defend candidates like Claire Fox or Carl Benjamin - i'm asking why you are happy to do so?

Did you know who Claire Fox was before Farage announced she was standing and other Brexit party candidates (like Sally Bate) started quitting in disgust at having to share a platform with her?
    Not really, I'd seen her on QT a couple of times and on her SKY review tomorrows papers segment. But tbh you are overstating her importance to the Brexit party and she is at best a bit part player and never likely to end up PM.

In comparison to say the leader of the Labour party who counts amongst his friends Hamas and Hezbollah...

Are you happy to say you won't vote for Labour? Or are you quite comfortable that your tax money will go towards paying his salary and tea for his mates?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

But tbh you are overstating her importance to the Brexit party and she is at best a bit part player
    Why is she appearing on stage with Farage at all the Brexit party rallies? Why is she the 1st Brexit party MEP candidate for the North West region? Ann Widecombe is the 1st Brexit party candidate for the South West region - is she equally a bit part player in the party?

Are you happy to say you won't vote for Labour? Or are you quite comfortable that your tax money will go towards paying his salary and tea for his mates?
    You might be mixing me up with someone else on here if you think I would ever be voting for Corbyn's Labour.

You call out Labour constantly, but then support Revolutionary Communist Party member and IRA supporter Claire Fox - I'm genuinely confused Dribbles, help me understand the logic Is following Farage more important than your moral principles on support for pedophilia and terrorism?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-07 at 02:44 PM.

Green tea, I hope, as proper tea is theft.

You call out Labour constantly, but then support Revolutionary Communist Party member and IRA supporter Claire Fox - I'm genuinely confused Dribbles, help me understand the logic Is following Farage more important than your moral principles on support for pedophilia and terrorism?
    Your average brexiteer would sell their own children to get brexit. This is not shocking.

David Lidington confirms that time to reach a deal has run out and the UK will hold EP elections.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...66217677959168

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Your average brexiteer would sell their own children to get brexit. This is not shocking.
    I know that, I'm just enjoying watching him illustrate it

In comparison to say the leader of the Labour party who counts amongst his friends Hamas and Hezbollah...
    As I'm sure you know Corbyn has said he will count as a friend anyone who will enter a dialogue to move towards peaceful resolution of conflicts while condemning violence, particularly against civilians. Why do you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As I'm sure you know Corbyn has said he will count as a friend anyone who will enter a dialogue to move towards peaceful resolution of conflicts while condemning violence, particularly against civilians.
    Yes, but will he wear a tie? Priorities people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

There are reports that the Lib Dems and Greens have pulled their candidates in the Peterborough by-election putting their weight behind an independent People's Vote candidate.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...96343536152582

7+ Year Old Account
    There are reports that the Lib Dems and Greens have pulled their candidates in the Peterborough by-election putting their weight behind an independent People's Vote candidate.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...96343536152582
    Having watched the Peterborough brexit party livestream event last night along with thousands and thousands can't say I am surprised.

I bet the reports of the biggest political news for years get no nearer the BBC 6 'O' clock news than a tweet from Laura though...

In case you missed it.

It is now looking like LDs, Greens and Change backing the independent in Peterborough might not happen.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...79717944623104

It is now looking like LDs, Greens and Change backing the independent in Peterborough might not happen.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...79717944623104
    British politics at its finest. Even if it turns out that you are all campaigning for the same thing it's unthinkable to let the other guy win because he's on another team.

Fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    British politics at its finest. Even if it turns out that you are all campaigning for the same thing it's unthinkable to let the other guy win because he's on another team.

Fucking morons.
    I'm not sure that is particularly bad news or worthy of criticism. The Peterborough elections runs the risk of becoming overshadowed by Brexit and a proxy for public support for a 2nd ref. (although both sides will claim victory regardless of the result) when, no doubt, there are more pressing issues that need addressing within Peterborough.

I really don't think that it is the best interests of the people of Peterborough for their election to be hijacked by two candidates that quite literally no policy other than Brexit being a good or bad thing. I hope whatever happens they vote for the most capable candidate, the one who will have their best interests at heart and not be blinded by empty soundbites.