Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is that how it actually ends or are you making a WoD joke?
    It is how it ends actually.

Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    It is how it ends actually.

That... is awful.

Like we spend probably a good few weeks rebelling to be told "kthxbai".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That... is awful.

Heh, this is beyond predictable
    Main attraction is the isle, not the dungeon. I mean, the dungeon is like all the dungeons have always been.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Main attraction is the isle, not the dungeon. I mean, the dungeon is like all the dungeons have always been.
    The dungeon is directly tied to what is going on with the isle. So yes it is a disappointment imo.

So this might end up being a pretty cool change, has anyone seen it in action yet in the latest build? Haven't had a chance to log in yet.

The dungeon is directly tied to what is going on with the isle. So yes it is a disappointment imo.
    Nearly all modern dungeons are always tied to whats going on in given location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    So this might end up being a pretty cool change, has anyone seen it in action yet in the latest build? Haven't had a chance to log in yet.
    Nope, havent.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I mean how long do we spend looking at loading screens these days? Usually fly by pretty quickly for me at least.

This is neat! I like it. Can't wait for 8.2

That... is awful.

So you'd rather they continue squatting in ruins?

Neat change!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Taking the meat out of your post leaves it with nonsense that can only be applied as similarity’s in the most meaningless sense. It’s like saying both wod and bfa are expans so clearly they are the same.

You not hiding a bias doesn’t change it from being a bias. Bfa is nothing like wod people like you have to draw false equivalents because it’s easier then actually looking at it to find the faults. Bfa doesn’t have a single fault that wod did as words faults were due to the lack of world content and the cutting of entire patch’s bfa doesn’t have the same problems.
    Again, you basically have no clue. All of the problems I listed were an issue in WoD and are an issue in BfA. Again, it's not just me who comes up with that conclusion, it's basically the majority of the playerbase that posts online. But nevermind.

Yes, BfA has other problems. On top of the ones I already listed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    BfA has had every bit as much development on it as Legion...
    This is so obviously false that it becomes ridiculous. Did you even play BfA? Even a dedicated amount of "bad choices" wouldn't have lead to an as half-assed expansion as BfA.

By the way, I know this is a speculation thread. When you don't want to read negative opinions on BfA, ignore them. Talking about BfA's pain points can very much lead into 9.x speculation as it did several times already.

Do we know yet what will happen with the Heart of Azeroth / Azerite? I mean will they make the same mistake as with the artifact weapon and simply remove every progression (even if it was not much) we made when it comes to class design or do you think this will turn into another kind of talent system to be deeply routed into the game instead of being just an on-off-feature?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-05-08 at 01:31 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Again, you basically have no clue. All of the problems I listed were an issue in WoD and are an issue in BfA. Again, it's not just me who comes up with that conclusion, it's basically the majority of the playerbase that posts online. But nevermind.

Not a one of your points apply to both Which is why you have to try and strip them of the original points you made which hold no water.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heh, this is beyond predictable
    And what did you expect from a race you just helped big time? A sudden back stab? A "lol I'm actually a N'zoth minion"? A "lol we didn't actually need your help, begone while we join the Horde"? This is an end dungeon broadcast text, ofc it will be short and thankful. You people want Drak'Tharon 5 min RP with an "unexpected" twist at the end?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-05-08 at 02:14 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Not a one of your points apply to both Which is why you have to try and strip them of the original points you made which hold no water.
    I only agree with him on point 4 and 1, and not even entirely, just a bit. But enough of this, this is not what this thread is about and eleccybub is also not helping to it, we need a moderator to keep a close eye here it seems, they don't stop not even with people asking them to stop.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    I only agree with him on point 4 and 1, and not even entirely, just a bit. But enough of this, this is not what this thread is about and eleccybub is also not helping to it, we need a moderator to keep a close eye here it seems, they don't stop not even with people asking them to stop.
    Point 4 doesn’t hold water as wod didn’t rely on previous strengths. Mop had a comply unrivalled amount of things to do outside of raiding which were all then dropped other then challenge modes and pet battles, wod dropped all of mops strengths. Bfa on the other hand didn’t drop stuff from legion like wod did.

Point 1 doesn’t work as nothing in wod was broken it was the lack of content that got wod not that the content was broken.

All of his points fall Apart if you even slightly look into them which is why he instantly threw away his examples as not a single one works.

But as far as the thread goes I’m done with this conversation unless he can give some new examples but I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is so obviously false that it becomes ridiculous. Did you even play BfA? Even a dedicated amount of "bad choices" wouldn't have lead to an as half-assed expansion as BfA.

By the way, I know this is a speculation thread. When you don't want to read negative opinions on BfA, ignore them. Talking about BfA's pain points can very much lead into 9.x speculation as it did several times already.

Do we know yet what will happen with the Heart of Azeroth / Azerite? I mean will they make the same mistake as with the artifact weapon and simply remove every progression (even if it was not much) we made when it comes to class design or do you think this will turn into another kind of talent system to be deeply routed into the game instead of being just an on-off-feature?
    Honestly had the Heart had a tree like Artifacts from the start it might have been half decent.

8.2 only fixes some of the issues with it. Although imo this Artifact like system just needs to go. Just do Alternate Advancement or Planar Attunement style stuff that Everquest/Rift did imo.

What the Heart needs is it's own full talent tree to compliment the Glyph like system coming in 8.2.

And quite frankly AP needs to be a lot generous or the sources on PTR need increasing because 55-56 is 180k and when sources are still giving 200-300 AP outside of emissaries then that's just not on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And what did you expect from a race you just helped big time? A sudden back stab? A "lol I'm actually a N'zoth minion"? A "lol we didn't actually need your help, begone while we join the Horde"? This is an end dungeon broadcast text, ofc it will be short and thankful. You people want Drak'Tharon 5 min RP with an "unexpected" twist at the end?
    Actually for Megadungeons yes I would like a bit of strong RP in a role playing game believe it or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually for Megadungeons yes I would like a bit of strong RP in a role playing game believe it or not.
    Entire island setup is there for you, then.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Entire island setup is there for you then.
    Islands do not have RP at all lol.

And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.

If we are saying Islands is one of the next big things for an RPG game then just lol.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-08 at 02:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Islands do not have RP at all lol.

And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.
    Entire Mechagon island has no lore at all about the mechagnomes and current situation? M'kay. Did you mistook it for Island Expeditions?

I don't get whats this fetish about elaborated RP's at the end of the dungeon, when it was the norm for years, even for main story dungeons (and Mechagon is a side story).

Entire Mechagon island has no lore at all about the mechagnomes and current situation? M'kay. Did you mistook it for Island Expeditions?

I don't get whats this fetish about elaborated RP's at the end of the dungeon, when it was the norm for years, even for main story dungeons (and Mechagon is a side story).
    Oh you were on about Mechagon itself? My bad I'm shattered today haha. Sorry dude.

But eh I feel like a quick end of dungeon cutscene wouldn't hurt. Establishing the lore is nice and all but building on it through the dungeon would be nice too. Like Kara did a little or Seat of the Triumvirate.

Mechagon looks amazing don't get me wrong. But the Dungeon eh just think it could use a tad of RP. Just wish Nazjatar looked as awesome.