Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can reach goals with world quests. Instead of a hard limit of 25 dailies you can set how many WQ's you want your goal to be. All of them. Just 4. You can pick and choose what one's you want to do for the rewards.

It is always interesting to see that people want forced goals rather then the freedom to set goals themselves. It happens all the time with different aspects. That people don't like doing something when they have the choice but want to be forced to do it.
    If you feel that a hamster wheel gives you satisfaction.. then awesome. Get ont he wheel.. run until you are tired of the game, then get off. Result when you stop playing? You're tired of playing it.

If you try and set goals... you play until you this those goals, but then quit with the feeling of I could do more, others are getting ahead.

If you have finite goals you finish the game with the feeling of accomplishment. I access every part of the game, instead of the one that rewards the most "stuff".

I prefer dailies... I can pick and choose which ones I like to do, or ones I need to do... then move on to other parts of progressing my character.

In addition, World Quests you can just show up to, throw out a tag and let other people do the "work" while you go AFK. Some design.

I prefer world quests. They provide the same purpose but with with greater variety. Yes, a ton of world quests are the same thing in different locations or just repeating standard quests from the zones they're in, but it's not like most old daily quests were breaths of fresh air themselves content wise either. And they have a greater variety in rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Get multiple chances every day to a Titanforged drop from clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts or other such idiotic "quests"... or raid Mythic one a week.

Sure you might get a few itemLevels higher in Mythic Raiding... but who cares? I mean really.. who cares anymore? Gear is gear is gear in modern WoW. Even tier gear is gone and you have ugh... azerite armor with horrible RNG added for additional "excitement".

Like I said, people LOVE being showered with gear they didn't earn. It's fun for them and I guess that's good... for them. Hope that works well in the mobile version coming.
    What do you mean multiple chances every day lol. Mythic raid drops 415, wq's drop 370. That's 45 item level to titanforge. How many people have you seen who are decked out in 415 gear from world quests?

You are just salty af. There is really nothing else to it, you are just salty. You didn't even react to the rest of the points which prove the game have NOT changed anything in its base systems at all.

How is Azerite gear more rng than tier sets?
    With tier sets, you either have it or not, entirely dependent on that one roll on that one boss every week.
    You always have azerite gear. Even if it has the worst possible trait combo for you, it's still something you can work with. Plus you can scrap unwanted ones for your so called "badges" to buy the best one possible. It's just not called "badges" now. You never could buy tier sets for badges. You had one roll, that was it.

In your fantasy world players own Mythic Level gear (415+) from doing world quests and you still think your arguments hold water. You are just salty.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What do you mean multiple chances every day lol. Mythic raid drops 415, wq's drop 370. That's 45 item level to titanforge. How many people have you seen who are decked out in 415 gear from world quests?

You are just salty af. There is really nothing else to it, you are just salty. You didn't even react to the rest of the points which prove the game have NOT changed anything in its base systems at all.

How is Azerite gear more rng than tier sets?
    With tier sets, you either have it or not, entirely dependent on that one roll on that one boss every week.
    You always have azerite gear. Even if it has the worst possible trait combo for you, it's still something you can work with. Plus you can scrap unwanted ones for your so called "badges" to buy the best one possible. It's just not called "badges" now. You never could buy tier sets for badges. You had one roll, that was it.

In your fantasy world players own Mythic Level gear (415+) from doing world quests and you still think your arguments hold water. You are just salty.
    So if I disagree with your point of view that makes me salty? OK, then I'm salty.

I contributed to the thread which was Dailies or WQs. I shared why, and you don't like my reasons. Does that make YOU salty?

I much prefer dailies over WQ's, and for all the reasons I shared.

I hate both...

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    ? those world quests repeat too. you're going to the same spots. WQs are just a rotating pool of daily quests that you don't pick up at an NPC anymore, and it really feels like that pool of quests isn't that large. Often doing repeated WQs.
    They do repeat, but I guarantee you that every time I do a specific emissary, I don't do the exact same 4 quests and I sure aren't doing the same 4 quests every single day. Yes, you do repeat, but you have by far a larger selection to choose from and aren't forced to do the same exact 3 or 4 quests every day.

Well-made daily quest hubs > world quests > shitty daily quests

Daily quest hubs work better for certain things. Think Tol Barad, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, etc. Fairly compact areas or areas with some progression as you go. Though to be fair you can accomplish the same with world quests and chaining emissaries together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    World quests. But I'd like them to improve. We should have less of them, but more creative - fill the bar/kill bad guy should be rarity, not norm.

Also I would shift all rep gains to emissary. So world quests would give 0 rep, but emissary around 2000. Otherwise people spam them like crazy and get sick of the world pretty quickly.
    I think the way the faction assaults work is a pretty good starting point for what WQs should be. More focused around one "event" per zone, which changes daily or every 3 days with the emissary(which they've sort of done in the past as well), where you do a few WQs around the area and then finish off the area with a quest/scenario.
    I do think having WQs spawn only once or twice a day would be better, though, instead of the current 4(I think?).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

So if I disagree with your point of view that makes me salty? OK, then I'm salty.

I contributed to the thread which was Dailies or WQs. I shared why, and you don't like my reasons. Does that make YOU salty?

I much prefer dailies over WQ's, and for all the reasons I shared.
    I don't care whether you like dailies or WQ's.

But when you spew stuff like "you can get mythic raid gear from wq's" that is just pathetic and a blatant lie. And I don't like people who mis-represent reality just because they are salty about a system they don't like.

I'm pretty sure crying about tier sets vs azerite gear adds much to the world q/dailies discussion too.

None of what you said applies to dailies only, anyway, which is not a surprise cause dailies = world quests without the part where you pick em up and turn them in.

And yes, you are salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    World quests are just meaningless busy work. No story, no purpose.
    I had Nanthanos tell me that I had to deal with a big threat for a WQ. All I see when I arrive is one small parrot isolated on an island. Pointless and ruins immersion. A big step back from daily quest hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostShaman View Post
    I hate both...
    See, this is interesting! How do you envision outdoor end game content in your dream mmo without dailies/wqs? How factions would work? Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

cause dailies = world quests without the part where you pick em up and turn them in.
    World quests (dailies too) are part of a system. Many systems actually. They are tied to factions, they are tied to reward structure. If you consider the "RPG" in an MMORPG, then they are element of player immersion.
    You can't just go and say "dis iz de same as dat". They're not. So not.
    Worst part is that they are so "convenient" the playerbase happily trades off all the above mentioned core systems for this...

I don't care whether you like dailies or WQ's.

But when you spew stuff like "you can get mythic raid gear from wq's" that is just pathetic and a blatant lie. And I don't like people who mis-represent reality just because they are salty about a system they don't like.

I'm pretty sure crying about tier sets vs azerite gear adds much to the world q/dailies discussion too.

None of what you said applies to dailies only, anyway, which is not a surprise cause dailies = world quests without the part where you pick em up and turn them in.

And yes, you are salty.
    Titanforging caps at 400 still correct At least until 8.2?

Technically Mythic cna titanforge as well being well out of "reach' of World Q's as well.

The point is you can nearly fully gear from WQ's in quality gear in a day or two... GETTING CLOSE to that which drops in Mythic and definitely matching that of Heroic raiding? Is that good enough for you?

World Q's or Daileis? Dailies, because they were designed to be useful for progression. WQ's were designed to give non raiders free epics like candy for doing absolutely nothing but solo content and for many people, remove any need and desire to raid.

World quests. More variety and doesn't clog up your quest log.

Technically Mythic cna titanforge as well being well out of "reach' of World Q's as well.

The point is you can nearly fully gear from WQ's in quality gear in a day or two... GETTING CLOSE to that which drops in Mythic and definitely matching that of Heroic raiding? Is that good enough for you?

World Q's or Daileis? Dailies, because they were designed to be useful for progression. WQ's were designed to give non raiders free epics like candy for doing absolutely nothing but solo content and for many people, remove any need and desire to raid.
    What are you even talking about.

WQ's give 370 gear max. Most give 360, occasionally there is a 370 one.

Heroic Raids give 400 ilvl gear.
    Mythic Raids give 415 ilvl gear.
    Ilvl cap is 425, so that's the maximum possible titanforge, which is rare unless you literally farm +10 m dungeons all day every day next to clearing mythic raid weekly.

Seems like you whine about something you don't even understand. Do you even play the game you're trashing? Or just forum talking?

IF you only did world quests then you probably could reach 380 ilevel over HALF A YEAR, given you get some warforges and literally don't do dungeons or raids. And even that's generous. Normal Raids drop 385 ilevel gear.

I don't know where you're pulling this "world quests give you heroic raid level gear, close to mythic" bs. Maybe play the game first.

WQ's were designed to be daily quests that force people to go out into the open world and play in it, not just in some hubs. I don't get your obsession with "free epics like candy", nobody cares if an item is blue, purple, orange or whatever, what matters are the stats and/or traits on it. Seems like you're just a salty vanilla fanboy to me.

If people wants to raid, they would. If they prefer another form of progression than raiding, then that suggest raiding was not something they were keen on. The loot was the carrot to make them go raiding.

Giving them the options to progress in a different manner is a good thing.

If people prefer WQ because it is easier to get loot, then that would also suggest they were not not interested in raiding, only getting loot.

Forcing people into raid is not a good thing in my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Get multiple chances every day to a Titanforged drop from clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts or other such idiotic "quests"... or raid Mythic one a week.

Sure you might get a few itemLevels higher in Mythic Raiding... but who cares? I mean really.. who cares anymore? Gear is gear is gear in modern WoW. Even tier gear is gone and you have ugh... azerite armor with horrible RNG added for additional "excitement".

Like I said, people LOVE being showered with gear they didn't earn. It's fun for them and I guess that's good... for them. Hope that works well in the mobile version coming.
    You dont get multiple chances a day, you get maybe 2-3 a month its not like you can literally do that one quest for the exact same reward every day multiple times a day.

- - - Updated - - -

No you cant, you cannot get full 400's in a day, idk if you know but it is rare for a world quest to give a 400 piece, most of them give 370, also they do not have every slot open every single day.

also idk if you know, but you cant be 280 ilvl and get a 400 piece, it scales up as you gear up, so you need to get 395 before a world quest will give you a 400.

I am 417, not a single 400 piece, the 400 pieces come rarely from emisarries.
    stop spreading this lie. you cannot reach level 120, do 10 world quests, and suddenly be 400 ilvl.

the EMISSARY for today is a 400 though, which means i get ONE piece of 400 loot, and these happen once a day, and can be gold, resources, gear, azerite gear, so its a rare chance, but its the same for everyone, EVERYONE gets an azerite peice today, that caps out at 400

Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-08 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

What are you even talking about.

WQ's give 370 gear max. Most give 360, occasionally there is a 370 one.

Heroic Raids give 400 ilvl gear.
    Mythic Raids give 415 ilvl gear.
    Ilvl cap is 425, so that's the maximum possible titanforge, which is rare unless you literally farm +10 m dungeons all day every day next to clearing mythic raid weekly.

Seems like you whine about something you don't even understand. Do you even play the game you're trashing? Or just forum talking?

IF you only did world quests then you probably could reach 380 ilevel over HALF A YEAR, given you get some warforges and literally don't do dungeons or raids. And even that's generous. Normal Raids drop 385 ilevel gear.

I don't know where you're pulling this "world quests give you heroic raid level gear, close to mythic" bs. Maybe play the game first.

WQ's were designed to be daily quests that force people to go out into the open world and play in it, not just in some hubs. I don't get your obsession with "free epics like candy", nobody cares if an item is blue, purple, orange or whatever, what matters are the stats and/or traits on it. Seems like you're just a salty vanilla fanboy to me.
    Geesh man... relax you are getting so bent out of shape over nothing.. and you;re wrong too:

https://www.wowhead.com/titanforged-...-reward-system

Titanforging in Battle for Azeroth
    On BFA there aren't major changes to the Titanforged system, as it is following the same style as Legion: Gear from most sources has a chance to gain extra item levels, in increments of 5 item levels per upgrade. Considering that, the following caps should apply:

Since September 4th, 2018, the Titanforge cap is ilvl 400. This cap should stay until the opening of the next raid zone after Uldir.

Geesh man... relax you are getting so bent out of shape over nothing.. and you;re wrong too:

https://www.wowhead.com/titanforged-...-reward-system
    This is an article from 2018 september, right after release.

This just shows that you literally don't play the game since 8.0. These are 8.0 item levels.
    How can I be wrong when I actually play the game and see that your numbers are bullshit.

Even then, if you go by 8.0 item levels, wq's back then gave like 310 ilevel gear or smth. I don't rly remember now. Even then you're wrong.

How can you be this ignorant?

Edit.: This is in your link even: Since September 4th, 2018, the Titanforge cap is ilvl 400. This cap should stay until the opening of the next raid zone after Uldir.
    We are way past Uldir now.

Can you play the game please before you wanna have discussions about its systems?

Edit2.: https://www.wowhead.com/news=288938/...s-in-patch-8-1

As the first major content release of Battle for Azeroth, patch 8.1: Tides of Vengeance is adding a number of new ways to gear up, as well as increasing the item level of rewards from existing activities. In an effort to avoid conflicting with December holidays, the patch is a staggered release; Tides of Vengeance goes live on December 11th and will add most of the new content, but Mythic+ and PvP Season 2 will not start until the new raid, Battle of Dazar'alor, releases in January, at which time the item level thresholds will increase to the new Titanforge cap of 425. We'll do our best to annotate which features go live when in our summary below.
    There you go. Should be reading a little more WoWhead if you wanna use them as a source for your bs. As you clearly don't play the game since at least December. That's a long time, old man. Maybe you shouldn't whine on WoW forums.

Edit3.: I know you won't admit that you were wrong. I'll spare ya the bs that's about to come:
    "Yea, well, who cares, gear means nothing anyways, I like dailies, BfA sucks."
    Glad we had the talk.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2019-05-08 at 09:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    *EDIT* Should say Dailies.

Fixed {ML}
    -

So last two expansions there has been World Quests instead of Daily Quests.

But which do you prefer now when you've tried both?

I personally enjoy daily quests more, more fun especially with professions, I loved fishing dailies for example lol.
    Daily Quests/Daily Hubs are still superior In my opinion, and even If Classes become fun again cause I'll tell you, in Legion and BfA they're not very fun. In Legion, some were tolerable and nice considering how much utility and abilities got stripped and talents reshuffled and same problem as BfA has had, not enough true talents and things that are talents should be baseline. Next you know we'll have to spec into auto-attack.

They offer you a usually quick and easy way to be done with your dailies per char within 30 minutes or so, the more you do It the more you remember the zone, learn shortcuts and to do It efficiently and you earn your rewards, gathering things yourself, killing your own mobs. Unlike World Quests where you can jump Into a large fight where the mob Is at 5 %, you manage to get a single hit on It and you get the reward while the guy who spent a good while getting It that low also gets the reward. It's like turning on god-mode In a single player game but then realizing how shallow that really makes the experience.

Daily Quest Hubs, ala Quel'Danas, Argent Tournament, Landfall, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, Tanaan Jungle (Although that was starting to get stale and World Quest-like) are far superior In their not only smaller more condenced design but offered great rewards for time spent In It. Didn't have new routes to go through each damn time for the most part and you could repeat the daily quests every day, hence, dailies.

World Quests on the other hand not only spend too much time travelling to said destination, more than completing the world quest Itself, but It's too easy as well. The most famous world quests from Legion:

Go stomp on a wine casket, click ingredients when told to.
    Kick squirel nuts and pick up squirels.
    Become a wisp and grow trees while avoiding the great Nemesis of the wisp: A fish.
    Get a Living Bomb style AoE buff from an NPC and press W to kill spiders.
    Fly In a Warframe in Argus shooting down artilary Implacements and flying mobs while taking fire: and taking ZERO damage yourself.

And many more but these being the most boring and pathetic to be remembered by all. This just tells me they want to design World Quests to be so easy you'll just play It and play It and pay that sweet sweet sub to do It. They want you to be online doing -whatever- rather than being online to have -fun-

World Quests to me are a backpeddle from good outdoor design, Daily Hubs you can do once per 24 hours, World Quests to do them all and not miss out you'd have to do them ALL and every couple of hours more spawn In so you're never done, showing the game not respecting your precious time. Not only that, but since Legion Introduced that "Window" where character can speak to you they've become very annoying, putting aside the fact that NPCs can now talk to you through your head at will, It becomes really repetative down to my favorite character's voice actor's voice becoming annoying to me, that of Khadgar whose voice actor was of course the actor for Bratak, the Teacher of Teal'c from Stargate

Him appearing so much among other characters trying to be funny, quippy or humoreous each time I do my World Quest just makes you cringe.

Nothing that World Quests have done makes me think they are better than Daily Hubs. There was nothing broken or nececerily bad with Daily Hubs that World Quests fix. Emissaries are a good Idea, but I think that should be a -bonus- to completing the Daily Hubs, not a mandatory "Do 10 % of the world quests and get a HUGE reward basically for free" aka more welfare gear.

That's my rant over, to me If they don't return Daily Hubs among other many many things that they are loosing each expansion they will see a hard loss of players.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

There are thing about both systems I enjoy. If I could only have one or the other, dailies.

However I think WQs can be made really good with some fairly minor changes. The "core" issue I see a lot of people mention about WQs is how they're so spread out and take forever and the rewards aren't always good and most time is spent in transit.

I would update the WQ system to be very similar to Invasions. In each zone I would have 5-10 "hubs" which each contain 20-30 quests. All these quests are in the same location and feel a lot like the leveling quests when you're sent to one spot to kill 10 enemies, pick up 8 things, destroy 5 objects, and kill the camp leader. I would then only have 2 zones "active" at a time, each with 1 or 2 hubs active, with 4-5 quests each. This would be around 10-20 quests a day. These would also replace emissaries, you clear the zone (or say 1 of the 2 hubs) and get that zone's emissary cache. I would also allow players to select the reward from their emissary. A piece of nice gear, a bunch of AP, a bunch of gold, or a bunch of resources.

The benefit, in my mind, of the WQ system is diversity and unpredictability. I like being able to pick and choose, skip bad emissaries, and not do the exact same thing daily. I think we can have both the WQ benefits without current drawbacks. Plus this rotation also allows people to plan their time. Say there are 6 zones, so every third day the zone you really care about comes up, so you know to be available that day.

Then layered on top of this static system, would be a dynamic world event system, but one can only dream so big..... sigh.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis