Poll: Why do you dislike Gnomes/Goblins?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why do you disike Gnomes and Goblins?

It has recently been brought up that a reason for these races being relativly unpopular (according to 'realmpop.com', EU realms have 2.7% Goblin and 2.4% Gnome pop) is that their representation in game doesn't reflect their lore, or, more specifically, that they don't have a class that represents them well.

So, I wanted to add a poll to see what you think.

Why do you dislike Gnomes and Goblins?

They drown in puddles.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t dislike either the other places just beat them out in terms of coolness to me rather it be because of looks or lore.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    They look ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think gnomes are awesome! Mained one for most of vanilla and part of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I think gnomes are awesome! Mained one for most of vanilla and part of TBC.
    I took the liberty to add an option for that, aswell.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dislike them, but Blizzard should've made some serious Goblin/Gnomes once in a while.

Sometimes it looks like they all have the same quirky personality. We need some actual Gnome menaces! Badass like the Lich King! A Goblin as brutal as Garrosh!

10+ Year Old Account
    A multiple choice poll was a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't dislike them, but Blizzard should've made some serious Goblin/Gnomes once in a while.

Sometimes it looks like they all have the same quirky personality. We need some actual Gnome menaces! Badass like the Lich King! A Goblin as brutal as Garrosh!
    Helix Blackfuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It has recently been brought up that a reason for these races being relativly unpopular (according to 'realmpop.com', EU realms have 2.7% Goblin and 2.4% Gnome pop) is that their representation in game doesn't reflect their lore, or, more specifically, that they don't have a class that represents them well.

So, I wanted to add a poll to see what you think.

Why do you dislike Gnomes and Goblins?
    I feel offended, why can I not dislike Gnomes but love Goblins?!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m okay(ish) with Goblins for the most part. Far from a race I like, but I can tolerate them despite their one-dimensionality.

As for Gnomes... I don’t like their voices, appearance, animations, proportions, lore, personality or faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Helix Blackfuse?
    Helix was almost more brutal than Garrosh...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I feel offended, why can I not dislike Gnomes but love Goblins?!
    There's enough pretentious faction war ingame, no place for it here. =P

Other than they do have to swim in some puddles where other classes don't, the closer to the ground camera view on shorter races makes it weird and kind of limiting. Also, transmog can be less visual due to the reduced size.

I hate Gnomes because I generally dislike cute-sy tiny comic relief races. Especially when they have those high-pitched voices. Add to that the "I'm so adowable and cuddly" mannerisms especially found in female Gnomes and it just makes me want to punch it in the face. The only ones that are even worse are those "I'm-acting-cutesy-but-I'm-actually-a-psycopath-and-want-to-stab-things" type of female Gnomes.

That said, I actually found that a lot of Gnome PLAYERS are rather fun to talk to (though I don't meet that many, since I'm playing almost exclusively Horde).

Goblins are somewhat better, they still suffer from the similarities to the Gnomes but at least they have that greedy merchant shtick that makes me not hate them completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    There's enough pretentious faction war ingame, no place for it here. =P
    Bah!

The Goblinity is the greatest, and Gnomanity shall fall!

People love transmog and they are too short to display mog well.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes are awesome. Especially with all the 90s edge plaguing the story, the gnomes are straightforward and heroic which is refreshing.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Goblins are tolerable. They are the comic relief of the game and as long as they are not taken seriously, they are ok.

Gnomes though... Everything from their voices to their appearance is (in my opinion) annoying and unbearable.
    And Mechagnomes are a god forsaken abomination in my eyes
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biased poll. 0/10
    Goblins are just result of experimenting on pygmies using brain enhancing drugs, gnomes are glorious mechagnomes created by a titan but unfortunately got cursed by old gods
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.