Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my hpala I deal with them pretty efficiently with 4 spells in my arsenal that can take em out quickly. On my mistweaver it's somewhat less efficient as a Tiger Palm isn't enough but a blackout kick (through Teachings) and Rising Sun Kick definitely is, though on a buildup/cooldown.

The problem this week though is that trash pulls are teeming fortified and can hurt quite a bit and I'll have to prioritize healing rather than chase orbs on many packs.

If you have Outlaw Rogue in a group, he should be sitting on explosive to the point where he does similar or even more damage than rest combined. As a tank u can be doing them at low keys like 10-16 or so but if u go further it is totally Melee dps job. As a tank you simply cannot kite and reliably kill them.

Outlaw Rogue, Havoc DH, BM Hunter are some of the best classes for the job. DPS Warriors, Enh Shaman, WW Monk, Retri Pally works as well.

Healer can be helping out as well but it takes 2-3 GCDs with healer damage so they cannot be doing more than one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You cannot cleave off the explosive orbs with Blade Flurry. No cleaves work on Explosives. If you target them with abilities that strike 2, 3, x targets, only the Explosive will be damaged and no further targets will be struck regardless of how close mobs are to the orb.
    Which is so annoying as Fury, blowing a charge of Whirlwind killing an orb when the tank/healer don't kill them. I know why you can't cleave to orbs, but you should be able to cleave from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    As a havoc, you should be doing 90% of them. You literally gain dmg from being the one to kill explosives. You'd want the tank to chill a bit. But if you were surv then yeah melee+tank ranged would deal with ones that spawn away from melee.
    How does Havoc gain damage from killing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistaziggla View Post
    How does Havoc gain damage from killing them?
    Eyes of rage trait, which you should have 1 of in m+. "Consuming a soul fragment reduces the cooldown of Eye Beam by 0.7 seconds"

DH is already hitting chaos strike a lot during aoe, those targeted at the orbs kills them, creates a soul fragment and reduces eyebeam cd, you end up with quite a few more eye beams of the course of a dungeon.

Healers can definitely solo explosives is tanks/dps stun adds. Or the tank and healer can get all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Healers can definitely solo explosives is tanks/dps stun adds. Or the tank and healer can get all of them.
    Depends what healer tbh, shamans struggle alot on em for example, monks also only can really use rising sun, since tiger palm does not enough.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Depends what healer tbh, shamans struggle alot on em for example, monks also only can really use rising sun, since tiger palm does not enough.
    CJL takes two ticks. I RSK one and then CJL the rest. If you're good you store a TP and BoK also 1 shots them.

Explosives have 3941 HP in +7, 4960 HP in +10, 7292 HP in +15, 12493 HP in +22. I picked a random log from FH+23 that happens to feature a 3.3k resto druid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1
    Even if this druid only did a +15, only two of his abilities can one-shot an explosive: Shred (only if it crits) and Ferocious Bite (a spender that is usually used at 5 combo points with 50 energy up). A resto druid has no reliable tools to solo all explosives.

One the other hand, a holy paladin or a monk are great at soloing explosives. And that shows one of the common flaws in the community - everyone will sit around waiting for a resto druid on a week when other healers can handle the affixes better.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2019-05-08 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Explosives have 3941 HP in +7, 4960 HP in +10, 7292 HP in +15, 12493 HP in +22. I picked a random log from FH+23 that happens to feature a 3.3k resto druid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1
    Even if this druid only did a +15, only two of his abilities can one-shot an explosive: Shred (only if it crits) and Ferocious Bite (a spender that is usually used at 5 combo points with 50 energy up). A resto druid has no reliable tools to solo all explosives.

One the other hand, a holy paladin or a monk are great at soloing explosives. And that shows one of the common flaws in the community - everyone will sit around waiting for a resto druid on a week when other healers can handle the affixes better.
    He's talking about having a mistweaver and doing a +10 for the week. Not talking about FH 23s.

He's talking about having a mistweaver and doing a +10 for the week. Not talking about FH 23s.
    And that is why I speak about +15 in my post, not +23. The +15s are within reach of most people, and the OP assesses it as such.
    Not much changes if you bring it down to +10. Shred starts to one-shot without crits, and Rake starts to one-shot if it crits. But it won't last your far, not up to +15. I deliberately picked a very well-geared druid; your druid's damage numbers will likely be lower.
    The point is, druids are still way behind paladins and monks.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2019-05-08 at 01:57 AM.

And that is why I speak about +15 in my post, not +23. The +15s are within reach of most people, and the OP assesses it as such.
    Not much changes if you bring it down to +10. Shred starts to one-shot without crits, and Rake starts to one-shot if it crits. Druids are still way behind paladins and monks.
    Why even talk about that when you can just wrath? But at the same time, the OP's issue is monk.

Why even talk about that when you can just wrath? But at the same time, the OP's issue is monk.
    You are right, wrath will be enough even for +15s (without crit). It won't suffice for higher keys, but that is not necessarily relevant.

In teeming fortified weeks and you have big pulls, tanks can't get all the explosives. Since many AoE abilities will not hit them. But if there are 5 or less mobs, I have no problem getting them once the pack is under control.

On packs where you have to do planned kiting on the big pulls, no way a tank can get them. More reason to stack DH's, Rogues, and Monks.

You are right, wrath will be enough even for +15s (without crit). It won't suffice for higher keys, but that is not necessarily relevant.
    I watched Zaelia's stream yesterday and he handled a lot of explosives very well with only one Sunfire. The initial damage is pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I watched Zaelia's stream yesterday and he handled a lot of explosives very well with only one Sunfire. The initial damage is pretty significant.
    The initial damage of Sunfire is 2.8k-3.2k for a well geared resto druid. You can see examples in the log I linked above.
    So the only way you could be right is if Zaelia streamed +10/+11/+12 keys and ran a very crit-heavy gear set (non-crits are not enough to kill an explosive even in +10).