View Poll Results: What Classic Player Are You?

Voters
247. This poll is closed
  • I played Classic when it was current.

182 73.68%
  • I have never played Classic when it was current.

29 11.74%
  • I've been playing Classic on a Private Server.

19 7.69%
  • I won't be playing Classic.

12 4.86%
  • I really don't give a hoot about this poll. The Dude will not abide.

5 2.02%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Started playing 1 month after EU release, so March 2005. Took me 17 days played to level my ret paladin to 60 heh. Played non stop until a month ago. I've wasted my life QQ

Played classic when it was current.

Just re-subbed to retail as my excitement for classic got the best of me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    And what you didn't like about the PServer community may i ask?
    When I joined to play the chat was nothing but hate towards retail. When I asked where something was in Stormwind (First time playing alliance) I got nothing but hate to go back to retail or when I asked something about paladins I was told "its not baby mode". Idk if it was just that day or that server but the community was anything but helpful and was about as toxic as anything I'd seen in online gaming. And thats why I'll be playing solo on the official servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    ... And thats why I'll be playing solo on the official servers.
    Maybe it's the casual in me thinking out loud here but... I know for sure that i'll be grouping up during leveling every chance I get, especially playing a holy priest. While I appreciate the sentiment behind trying to avoid toxicity, my understanding is that Classic isn't exactly the mob "face-roll" experience we have in the retail game today. One of the things that is supposed to contribute to Classic being great is the way it brings people together by design because it's harder and presents real challenges to be overcome as a group as an MMORPG really should.
    Last edited by kloraff; 2019-05-08 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Started playing WoW at the very start of Cata.

Played on a private server until 22 as an Orc Shaman but quit because TBC and Wrath servers were more interesting (Sadly finding a TBC server with actual scripting for anything below 70 is nigh impossible. So mostly just Wrath).

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    When I joined to play the chat was nothing but hate towards retail. When I asked where something was in Stormwind (First time playing alliance) I got nothing but hate to go back to retail or when I asked something about paladins I was told "its not baby mode". Idk if it was just that day or that server but the community was anything but helpful and was about as toxic as anything I'd seen in online gaming. And thats why I'll be playing solo on the official servers.
    Prolly it was that server, i mean douches are everywhere but generally people on pservers tend to be friendly and helping bunch especially those who are "enjoying the journey" aka - lvling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Started playing WoW at the very start of Cata.

Played on a private server until 22 as an Orc Shaman but quit because TBC and Wrath servers were more interesting (Sadly finding a TBC server with actual scripting for anything below 70 is nigh impossible. So mostly just Wrath).
    I'l prolly get a warning for this but Netherwing is reaally good. Not retail ofc but definetely on the way to be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'l prolly get a warning for this but Netherwing is reaally good. Not retail ofc but definetely on the way to be it.
    I'd check it out, but I'm betting on an official server now that Classic has been announced. So I'll be holding out for that now.

Started playing in march 2005, one month after it's release in France.
    And i've played on Nostalrius.
    Now just waiting for Classic.

Prolly it was that server, i mean douches are everywhere but generally people on pservers tend to be friendly and helping bunch especially those who are "enjoying the journey" aka - lvling.

I understand that. Retail had shits too. And I know a bunch of retail players will be trying out private servers. So it may be worse than what the real experience will be like after a few months. But it may still be a fun challenge. As someone that started in TBC and did level solo then it'll be fun. Ret went through a lot of changes from Vanilla to TBC So I'm hoping for a new experience.

I never played classic, but started in BC. I really played a lot during WotLK and Cata, but slowed down after, barely played in MoP, WoD, and only hit max level in Legion and BfA.

That said, I'd like to play classic because it resembles more of what I grew to like about WoW before everything else was introduced. I enjoyed the server community that was created from having to create groups, work with the faction to setup stuff, guild work, etc. So I might enjoy playing classic more.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Started in Vanilla in August 2005 :P

Unfortunately your account page no longer goes back far enough to when you brought the game, lucky for me I kept the screenshot of when it did :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

March/April of 2005. Cataclysm wounded me and WoD finally drove me off.

My body is ready for Classic. It. Is. Ready.

Played it while current... but hell it was just bad compared to now. I might level again on the classic servers but don't feel playing that again seriously. BC/WOTLK were a ton better experience, but i guess we never will get servers for that again.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-05-09 at 02:00 PM.

Played it when it was current, but only had just hit 60 and done a few high level dungeons (no raids, but I think I did UBRS?) before BC came out. Didn't even have my epic mount yet. I remember specifically because I was still a filthy keyboard turner and the sheer ludicrous speed of 100% boost kept having me flying off cliffs in Nagrand.

I started about two months after the launch, a guy in our Lan group showed his characters to us one day and we all got hooked on the spot. Gonna be a lot of fun getting back to old Azeroth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I will be playing it but not really pushing the raids. my interest in Classic will be primarily for the stuff that changed when Cata hit (I started playing towards the end of Cata). so questlines, zones (especially Thousand Needles) and dungeons that changed a lot in Cata will be on my list to do. Raids will be an afterthought as they didn't change in Cata

Started playing in 1.9. Wont be playing again. Broken unbalanced, i think wotlk was the first expansion to fix most of the issues with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Open Beta EU, started with WoW in May 2005. I'm still subbed to WoW retail atm, but don't play much. I'm waiting for 8.2 to change that. For me Classic-servers are not needed, but I'll probably play some just to see the original zones again that were destroyed in Cataclysm.