Thread: Dev for a Day

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Dev for a Day

Dev for a Day

It is no secret to anyone who frequents any forum since BfA’s launch that many people are unhappy with the classes, and there are countless, mostly negative threads floating around, many of which I have participated in myself. They generally offer a high altitude overview of the state of the game in general, and things like the GCD changes.

I have hopes that we could have a more positive discussion about things, but really want to avoid this becoming yet another “spit on Blizzard” thread. Many of us have changed “mains” for ‘reasons’, but this is what I would like to see from everyone:

Your main spec: The spec you would play if the changes below had been made
    What content you focus on: PvP, M+, Raids, casual
    What you currently enjoy about the spec: Just some of the positives, maybe it’s Lore, maybe its gameplay (despite numbers being low), maybe its raw number output (despite not enjoying the gameplay) – totally subjective, no wrong answers.
    Your top changes you would like to see, and why: This is where I want something a bit different. Rather than approaching this from a negative PoV, think positive. Instead of “I hate the GCD changes”, try saying “I would like X and Y taken off the GCD because I feel it really slows my spec down and makes it feel clunky”. Instead of saying “my spec is too slow” try “I would like some new abilities, and decreased resource cost on X and Y to speed the spec up”

So, as the title says, if you were granted unlimited Dev power for one day, and could make any changes you wanted to one spec, what would those changes look like?

We all have our opinions on the overall ‘meta’ state of the game, but I want people to put their thinking caps on and try to offer solutions to one specific issue, rather than just identifying problems. If you are happy with your class, feel free to participate and still post what you like etc. Understand this is obviously subjective, and not intended to be a negative thread, we have enough of those. For those who no longer play because they don’t enjoy any of the specs, now is your chance to say “this is what I would change about my spec”
    Please try to avoid going off topic and discussing other game systems, rewards, or content. If we could stay focused on just the specs, that would be great.

Main Spec: Prot Warrior
    Content: Currently Casual Raiding (normal / heroic)
    What I like: The fantasy, the lore, the look of the sets and access to xmog items. Doing pretty bonkers dps on aoe packs, thunder clapping away. Most of all, their mobility is just super enjoyable for me (i also play blood dk, so.....yeah.....warrior mobility feels pretty amazing)
    What I would change: More impactful defensive's. Throwing up massive Ignore Pain felt amazing, although clearly there were tuning issues. Shield Block to me feels passive, so some way of offering some visual feedback to make the blocks ‘feel’ rewarding, instead of just a button i push.

Main Spec: Shadow Priest
    Content: Raiding (HC/Mythic) & miss PVP with resilience gear so not doing pvp atm
    What i like currently about the spec: Almost everything, and happy with Mind Sear back but:
    What I would change: Staying in voidform longer or returning it to WoD design. The visuals are great, everything about voidform and shadow form and auspicious spirits, the noise, is amazing. This is for my main. I love Spriest always will
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-08 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main spec: Survival Hunter
    What content you focus on: Raiding
    What you currently enjoy about the spec: Nothing.
    What I would change: Revert everything back to MoP design. Yes, everything. Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Serpent Spread, all of it. The spec was literally flawless in T14.

Same would go for BM Hunter, though I think WoD BM might actually be slightly superior to MoP BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Main spec: Survival Hunter
    What content you focus on: Raiding
    What you currently enjoy about the spec: Nothing.
    What I would change: Revert everything back to MoP design. Yes, everything. Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Serpent Spread, all of it. The spec was literally flawless in T14.

Same would go for BM Hunter, though I think WoD BM might actually be slightly superior to MoP BM.
    I was a huge fan of changing one of the hunter specs to melee, and then it happened and i said "man, now i miss SV".....i havnt played it since firelands, when i mained it for the first half before being "encouraged" back to tanking, but i really did have a blast playing it then. Havnt played enough to comment on what the "best" iteration of any hunter spec was, so appreciate your input.

Just to be clear, i actually kind of like SV now, but i certainly miss that old style of gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Main Spec: Shadow Priest
    Content: Raiding (HC/Mythic) & miss PVP with resilience gear so not doing pvp atm
    What I would change: Staying in voidform longer, for my Spriest or returning it to WoD design. The visuals are great, everything about voidform and shadow form and auspicious spirits, the noise, is amazing. This is for my main. I love Spriest always will
    Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get an idea of what you liked about the spec, rather than the game in general, but no wrong answers so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <<<<<< ignore that, you changed it while i was typing, haha. good stuff.

I am really hoping this thread will show that the community here is not just on some stupid Hate-Train, but rather has genuine issues with their spec, and suggestions for changes. Dont prove me wrong people.

@arkanon

Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get an idea of what you liked about the spec, rather than the game in general, but no wrong answers so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <<<<<< ignore that, you changed it while i was typing, haha. good stuff.
    haha i noticed that it was about the spec, so i corrected myself after. You can see it now

- - - Updated - - -

Main Spec: Demon Hunter (my second main)
    Content: Raiding (HC/Mythic) & i don't like pvp with demon hunter, simply put
    What i like currently about the spec: Staying in meta the most as possible, demonic build is great but:
    What I would change: Many things were taken from Demon Hunters, abilities that we could use to add more variety to the gamestyle are separated in different builds that barely are usable with low gear or even, not the right gear, such as demonblades and felblade, even demonic with low gear stats is not good, seems slow and lack of resources. I would bring fury of illidari back as well. Taking our legendaries made our fury needing to use a constant weak aura to keep track of our fury more than before, since there's no demonic apetite and when to use abilities, not complaining but, fury could be less of a problem, fury management can be really painful in some fights when you need to act fast and you need to decide where to look, something that with demonblades is easier (but i totally prefer blind fury and i miss demonic appetite), i don't miss at ALL momentum, i had DCS, going all ninja back and forth on a boss doing fel rushes and vengeful retreat is not good, when a mechanic is to stay still you need to move and you're basically the only class that needs to constantly do fel rushes and vengeful retreats. I find quite annoying for PVE, for PVP although, momentum can be really good, so i wouldn't mind have this buffed. And i totally miss felblade, i wish somehow i could have a build involving felblade and demonic. Felblade also really good for PVP and PVE, makes you closer to the targets and generates fury. ALSO, chaos strike having a chance to refund fury, makes us look too much at fury bar to see if we refunded or not. Before everytime we crit we would refund fury.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-08 at 03:23 AM.

Main Spec: Enhancement

Content: PvP

What I like: Lightning, big animations, I prefer large variations in damage, I don’t mind having poor sustain if it allows the planets to align and allow me to delete my enemy.

What I would change: Buffs to wind fury and removal of other passive damage like flametongue to offset, add another wind fury talent or two to pair with furious winds, REMOVE AIR ASCENDANT AND BRING BACK STORMBLAST. Bring back the option to use 2 handers, possibly as a talent. Basically completely rework all of our +damage talents because they’re boring af

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Main Spec: Enhancement

Content: PvP

What I like: Lightning, big animations, I prefer large variations in damage, I don’t mind having poor sustain if it allows the planets to align and allow me to delete my enemy.

What I would change: Buffs to wind fury and removal of other passive damage like flametongue to offset, add another wind fury talent or two to pair with furious winds, REMOVE AIR ASCENDANT AND BRING BACK STORMBLAST. Bring back the option to use 2 handers, possibly as a talent. Basically completely rework all of our +damage talents because they’re boring af
    Cool to hear some PvP input, because i have not been 'into' pvp for quite some time. I mained Enhance when they first came to alliance, and really enjoyed those HOLY SHIT! moments when it all lined up right and proc city arrived. I have been saying for a while i would like to see more variety brought back into the specs. I understand RNG is not ideal for PVE, but enjoyment has to come into it as well, not just reliable, consistent dps over 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Cool to hear some PvP input, because i have not been 'into' pvp for quite some time. I mained Enhance when they first came to alliance, and really enjoyed those HOLY SHIT! moments when it all lined up right and proc city arrived. I have been saying for a while i would like to see more variety brought back into the specs. I understand RNG is not ideal for PVE, but enjoyment has to come into it as well, not just reliable, consistent dps over 10 minutes.
    Yep, I dislike the notion that every spec must be viable for PvE. It narrows the PvP design space. Classes have been homogenized to fit into the mold of 10 minute sustain with on-demand burst every 2-3 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main Spec: Ret Paladin

Content: Heroic raiding, PvP.

What I like: The fantasy, or at least what it used to be before Legion... I don't like feeling like I'm just a warrior with yellow spells and worse mobility.

What I would change: Roll the entire spec back to how it was in WoD (with the old "mandatory" glyphs rolled into the spec since the old glyph system was scrapped), for all of WoD's failings one thing it did right was taking MoP's design for Ret and all but perfecting it. Also introduce cosmetic glyphs for the old Judgment and Divine Storm animations, as well as a glyph to make Crusader Strike use the old race specific 2H special attack animation, and a glyph to make Speed of Light look like Divine Steed. And then obviously tune the ability damage/healing numbers to balance it to the current game. That's it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-08 at 03:51 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Affliction: I actually love the new talents and removal of soul reaping, but I absolutely hate darkglare. I think whoever though it was a good idea to put so much of the spec's output budget into that dumbass cooldown should be demoted immediately and never be permitted to design a WoW spec again. Not only does it take up a lot of the spec's damage, it also fucks with DoT power and duration. Other than darkglare though I am happy with the spec.

My other problem with the spec is that they removed a ton of functionality from the spec in PvP going from Legion to BfA; it went from a 1v1 machine to a bottom of the barrel spec in the blink of an eye. No self-healing, no burst (outside of motherfucking darkglare which most specs can shit all over by pushing 1 button or using a bit of mobility), and no tools to deal with BfA's melee specs. Don't get me wrong, the problem here is melees countering casters much harder now across the board not just affliction, and affliction is just undertuned in BfA, especially the self-healing. Other than darkglare I think the spec is actually well planned out, just poorly tuned in an unfortunate overall meta.

Demonology: I honestly love the spec. I think Blizzard did a great job with it in BfA. It's also surprisingly good for 1v1ing and dealing with melees in PvP. My only suggestion would be to make dreadstalkers instant cast baseline, and use their imagination to come up with more creative talents to replace the TWO that give this functionality currently.

Destruction: Not a fan. Cheesy but very functional. Not my style. Very simple too.

Shadow Priest: I hate that this is a golden age for spriest. It is the reverse of affliction in a way. I kinda hate voidform and insanity, even though it feels better now than it did during Legion. The problem is that it is overtuned AF with very strong azerite traits; the community expected a rework but blizzard decided to bribe us instead with this tuning. So even though I dislike the overall design of the spec, it is fun because as far as casters go spriest just one of the most functional and best scaling casters in the game atm.

Rogue: I can't even bother with my rogue anymore because of the relentless sub nerfs in PvP. The spec is a joke and nothing more than a CC bot. Rogue overall is in a very bad place in BfA and I would recommend all rogues play paladin or DH instead for twice the rewards for half the effort, at least in PvP.

Ret: The ultimate noob spec has reached its final form in BfA. Whether you are a keyboard turner or a bleeding edge mythic raider, the spec will do you justice. Great at everything in PvP, from keeping the backpeddling noob-ret alive for minutes on end to allowing the hardcore gamer ret to burst and obliterate even the tankiest people in mere seconds. There was never a better time to roll ret.

Resto Druid: I love it for M+ because it's ez to get the pug and it's ez to do the healing. PvP is meh. Generally I don't find healing fun in PvP anymore, mostly because of the mana nerfs and overall melee dominant meta. Holy is the only healer that can do some serious and efficient healing, but I haven't healed a lot of rated BGs this expansion so really I have no opinion here.

Balance: I love it for everything and everything about it. I think they got it just right in BfA. The only thing I would change is starfall; maybe make it a self-buff-aura thing again for starters. Generally I wish balance had smoother and more logical AoE as that should be its niche imo, not ST burst. But this is a minor note, I love this spec and they really did a fantastic job with it.

Mage: Bland. I haven't done any serious PvE on my mage, but in PvP I find them boring and prefer pretty much any other caster. Arcane is very trolly and survivable, fire is kinda terrible but also situationally amazing and incredibly cheesy. Frost is also pretty good, it does a lot of damage compared to most other casters, but who wants to be spamming frostbolt harcasts in this meta? not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Main spec: Demonology

Content: Casual / M+

What I like: Having so many demons and talents that give you additional demons. I really feel it hits the nail

What I would change: I'd like some form of personal CD that increases your own damage, such as the itiration of the spec back in MoP. I fell I love with the spec back then
    I was actually thinking of this the other day. I think Demo's caster damage is slightly too low. What if their mastery was changed from a damage increase to demons to a mastery-based version of Sacrificed Souls?

Like high-levels of Mastery give you 10-15% increased damage to HoG/Sbolt/Demonbolt/Doom based on each individual demon you have summoned. Just replace the 100 talent with something like old school decimation and you're good to go.

OT:

Main Spec: Affliction
    Content: Normal/Heroic raiding, some M+ very little PVP
    What I Like: I like UA's role in the rotation and how the spec feels like a happy-medium between Cata and Legion Affliction
    What I would change: Out of all the specs out there, Affliction feels like the one with the least talent diversity. I would balance each row's viability against one another. Possibly shuffle some things around, make others baseline. Also I would fix their AOE. All it would take is a damage increase/cast time reduction on Seed and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Main Spec: Resto/Bear druid. I know, cheating, but every expansion I level both then play what is more fun.
    I will allow it.

Just a note to everyone contributing, its really good to see people talking positively about their class, even if they want changes - its not all doom and gloom, sometimes we just need to acknowledge issues, while still focusing on solutions, rather than problems. I think if they worked on the classes first, that would buy them a LOT of time to sort out other issues while maintaining a strong player base.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-05-10 at 03:15 AM.

Main spec: Demonology

Content: Casual / M+

What I like: Having so many demons and talents that give you additional demons. I really feel it hits the nail

What I would change: I'd like some form of personal CD that increases your own damage, such as the itiration of the spec back in MoP. I fell I love with the spec back then
    I really enjoy Demo - but i agree it would be nice to deal some big caster damage ourselves, even if its just a CD on a longish cd. Might fuck things up in pvp though? not sure.

I think its very indicative of the current state of the community that people jump all over any thread with even a hint of negativity about the game, and are more than willing to rattle off endless lists of issues with the game, but seem completely uninterested in offering their own ideas of what would help improve the game.

I'm sure Blizzard have a good reason for it. They usually have. I can live with the current idea of demonology, as the army of demons you have during your CD's are so epic to look at. I also enjoy that every talent tier gives the option of another button to press, if you're that type who enjoys managing a lot of stuff

Regarding the second paragraph: I can certainly agree to much of what you're saying. That said, I often see many people post ideas in various fansites, such as the subreddits for WoW. But yeah, we could use some more of it
    Yeah to be clear on the second part, i am absolutely 100% guilty of being part of the team talking shit about the current state of the game. But i TRY to offer constructive solutions or ideas, if i have them, and if i dont, i at least try to be specific about my concerns. Its just frustrating for me, as someone who is NOT happy with the state of the game, seeing so many ppl talking the game down endlessly, without offering any advice or ideas on what they would like to see changed. Sure, some say things like "fix the classes" (an extremely common complaint) but very few offer any constructive thoughts on what they would like changed. Im talking specifics. Even when offered the perfect opportunity to put that feedback all in one thread, they instead zerg off to "this game sux" thread #486 and say the same thing for the 900th time.

Anyway, as for the lock thing, yes, im sure there is some logic behind it, i dont think i would mind if it is me or my demon doing the big hit, its just sometimes nice to hit one button, and see a big number.

It would be pointless to change anything in that one day, since someone else would just change it back once my day is over. I would use the privilige to take a look at the source code, I just wanna see how bad the code, of something that is by now probably partially 20 years old, looks. I assume it's held together with the code equivalent of spit and duct tape and I just wanna see that glory .

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Affliction: I actually love the new talents and removal of soul reaping, but I absolutely hate darkglare. I think whoever though it was a good idea to put so much of the spec's output budget into that dumbass cooldown should be demoted immediately and never be permitted to design a WoW spec again. Not only does it take up a lot of the spec's damage, it also fucks with DoT power and duration. Other than darkglare though I am happy with the spec.

My other problem with the spec is that they removed a ton of functionality from the spec in PvP going from Legion to BfA; it went from a 1v1 machine to a bottom of the barrel spec in the blink of an eye. No self-healing, no burst (outside of motherfucking darkglare which most specs can shit all over by pushing 1 button or using a bit of mobility), and no tools to deal with BfA's melee specs. Don't get me wrong, the problem here is melees countering casters much harder now across the board not just affliction, and affliction is just undertuned in BfA, especially the self-healing. Other than darkglare I think the spec is actually well planned out, just poorly tuned in an unfortunate overall meta.

Demonology: I honestly love the spec. I think Blizzard did a great job with it in BfA. It's also surprisingly good for 1v1ing and dealing with melees in PvP. My only suggestion would be to make dreadstalkers instant cast baseline, and use their imagination to come up with more creative talents to replace the TWO that give this functionality currently.

Destruction: Not a fan. Cheesy but very functional. Not my style. Very simple too.

Shadow Priest: I hate that this is a golden age for spriest. It is the reverse of affliction in a way. I kinda hate voidform and insanity, even though it feels better now than it did during Legion. The problem is that it is overtuned AF with very strong azerite traits; the community expected a rework but blizzard decided to bribe us instead with this tuning. So even though I dislike the overall design of the spec, it is fun because as far as casters go spriest just one of the most functional and best scaling casters in the game atm.

Rogue: I can't even bother with my rogue anymore because of the relentless sub nerfs in PvP. The spec is a joke and nothing more than a CC bot. Rogue overall is in a very bad place in BfA and I would recommend all rogues play paladin or DH instead for twice the rewards for half the effort, at least in PvP.

Ret: The ultimate noob spec has reached its final form in BfA. Whether you are a keyboard turner or a bleeding edge mythic raider, the spec will do you justice. Great at everything in PvP, from keeping the backpeddling noob-ret alive for minutes on end to allowing the hardcore gamer ret to burst and obliterate even the tankiest people in mere seconds. There was never a better time to roll ret.

Resto Druid: I love it for M+ because it's ez to get the pug and it's ez to do the healing. PvP is meh. Generally I don't find healing fun in PvP anymore, mostly because of the mana nerfs and overall melee dominant meta. Holy is the only healer that can do some serious and efficient healing, but I haven't healed a lot of rated BGs this expansion so really I have no opinion here.

Balance: I love it for everything and everything about it. I think they got it just right in BfA. The only thing I would change is starfall; maybe make it a self-buff-aura thing again for starters. Generally I wish balance had smoother and more logical AoE as that should be its niche imo, not ST burst. But this is a minor note, I love this spec and they really did a fantastic job with it.

Mage: Bland. I haven't done any serious PvE on my mage, but in PvP I find them boring and prefer pretty much any other caster. Arcane is very trolly and survivable, fire is kinda terrible but also situationally amazing and incredibly cheesy. Frost is also pretty good, it does a lot of damage compared to most other casters, but who wants to be spamming frostbolt harcasts in this meta? not me.
    A lot to digest here, so i will give it the respect it deserves and come back to it when i havnt had a bunch of beers. But i really appreciate ppl taking the time to put forward their opinions and thoughts on SPECIFIC specs, and SPECIFIC issues. Will return and edit this with my thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Main Spec: Ret Paladin

Content: Heroic raiding, PvP.

What I like: The fantasy, or at least what it used to be before Legion... I don't like feeling like I'm just a warrior with yellow spells and worse mobility.

What I would change: Roll the entire spec back to how it was in WoD (with the old "mandatory" glyphs rolled into the spec since the old glyph system was scrapped), for all of WoD's failings one thing it did right was taking MoP's design for Ret and all but perfecting it. Also introduce cosmetic glyphs for the old Judgment and Divine Storm animations, as well as a glyph to make Crusader Strike use the old race specific 2H special attack animation, and a glyph to make Speed of Light look like Divine Steed. And then obviously tune the ability damage/healing numbers to balance it to the current game. That's it.
    Man, that really is specific, down to the animations, haha. Good shit. I currently play a fair bit of Prot pally, with ret as the "screw it, why not" offspec for when too many tanks suddenly want to come. Its pretty amazing the numbers it can pull without having really any experience of knowledge with the spec. Its not a TERRIBLE spec in my opinion, just maybe a bit too powerful. Im ok with the odd simple spec, or at least simple variations of specs, so long as tehy are not ALSO extremely high performing specs.

Your main spec: Havoc Demon Hunter, play it now, think it's really fun. Just changed to it because of the amount of fun I get from it. And we don't have a Demon Hunter raiding, and have mostly casters so the 5% buff also helps. I did say I changed main to help the raid of course, but it's really because of the fun. But they don't need to know :-)
    What content you focus on: Raids and mythic+, and some pvp.
    What you currently enjoy about the spec:
    I love the gameplay. It might be easy, but watching my character enter demon-form, and start pounding on the target, being PvE or PvP is extremely satisfying. It's awesome in mythic+, and lots of fun in raids. I recently started to pvp a bit again too, and it's all because of the Demon Hunter.
    Your top changes you would like to see, and why: Hard to say. Not really affected by the gcd changes, and it is just generally great fun.

Your main spec:
    Arcane Mage
    What content you focus on: Raids and mythic+
    I like Arcane for the spec it has always been, simple rotation, but a spec you need to adjust when it comes to encounters to get full effect of the big cooldowns. People say arcane is boring, and yes, I can see why but I don't think lots of people know how "difficult" it can be to line up the CDs and manage the mana. Not always difficult when it comes to the mana bit, but it has been now and then. I have played Arcane since WotLK and always enjoyed that spec the most.
    Your top changes you would like to see, and why: Arcane Power shouldn't be on the GCD. It's a 10 second buff but you only get to use 8, 8.5seconds of. Any CD with 12 seconds or less should be off the GCD. I miss another button like the one we had in Legion, Mark of Aluneth. Another important button into the rotation, Arcane Power off the GCD.

So I took two examples, one were I think the spec is close to flawless, and a spec that could use some work, but which I still enjoy playing. I got two Arcane Mages at top level so I guess I think that is fun, even though it could improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Your main spec: Havoc Demon Hunter, play it now, think it's really fun. Just changed to it because of the amount of fun I get from it. And we don't have a Demon Hunter raiding, and have mostly casters so the 5% buff also helps. I did say I changed main to help the raid of course, but it's really because of the fun. But they don't need to know :-)
    What content you focus on: Raids and mythic+, and some pvp.
    I love the gameplay. It might be easy, but watching my character enter demon-form, and start pounding on the target, being PvE or PvP is extremely satisfying. It's awesome in mythic+, and lots of fun in raids. I recently started to pvp a bit again too, and it's all because of the Demon Hunter.
    Your top changes you would like to see, and why: Hard to say. Not really affected by the gcd changes, and it is just generally great fun.

Your main spec:
    Arcane Mage
    What content you focus on: Raids and mythic+
    I like Arcane for the spec it has always been, simple rotation, but a spec you need to adjust when it comes to encounters to get full effect of the big cooldowns. People say arcane is boring, and yes, I can see why but I don't think lots of people know how "difficult" it can be to line up the CDs and manage the mana. Not always difficult when it comes to the mana bit, but it has been now and then. I have played Arcane since WotLK and always enjoyed that spec the most.
    Your top changes you would like to see, and why: Arcane Power shouldn't be on the GCD. It's a 10 second buff but you only get to use 8, 8.5seconds of. Any CD with 12 seconds or less should be off the GCD. I miss another button like the one we had in Legion, Mark of Aluneth. Another important button into the rotation, Arcane Power off the GCD.

So I took two examples, one were I think the spec is close to flawless, and a spec that could use some work, but which I still enjoy playing. I got two Arcane Mages at top level so I guess I think that is fun, even though it could improve.
    I really, really enjoy my Havok DH, however, i MS tanks, and i dont enjoy Veng. I have had very little to do with it, other than it being my main for one tier when they launched. They feel a bit boring and not very impactful in the content i do. However, Havoc is so enjoyable. It just flows so well, and the talents feel meaningful and unique. Personal opinion obv.

As far as arcane, ill be completely honest. I have raided at least normal mode and usually heroic on every spec in the game up until BFA. With the exception of a few: Feral, Sub rogue, And Arcane mage. Having played since early on i think the stigma of arcane being a retard spec really just stuck with me. By the time i tried it, i just couldnt get my head around the mana management, and threw it away. During prepatch, 8.0 or w/e, i actually really started to dig Arcane and can absolutely see the charm of it. Sadly, a small portion of the community seem to be hell bent on branding it an idiot spec again. Seems kind of wierd when i have seen a guy i know for a fact mains a Ret pally calling Arcane a "retard" spec and he would NEVER play a retard spec.............

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I really, really enjoy my Havok DH, however, i MS tanks, and i dont enjoy Veng. I have had very little to do with it, other than it being my main for one tier when they launched. They feel a bit boring and not very impactful in the content i do. However, Havoc is so enjoyable. It just flows so well, and the talents feel meaningful and unique. Personal opinion obv.

As far as arcane, ill be completely honest. I have raided at least normal mode and usually heroic on every spec in the game up until BFA. With the exception of a few: Feral, Sub rogue, And Arcane mage. Having played since early on i think the stigma of arcane being a retard spec really just stuck with me. By the time i tried it, i just couldnt get my head around the mana management, and threw it away. During prepatch, 8.0 or w/e, i actually really started to dig Arcane and can absolutely see the charm of it. Sadly, a small portion of the community seem to be hell bent on branding it an idiot spec again. Seems kind of wierd when i have seen a guy i know for a fact mains a Ret pally calling Arcane a "retard" spec and he would NEVER play a retard spec.............
    Agree with Vengeance, tried it a bit so I have it ready if we need tank in the raid and stuff, but it's not really fun. It's okay to play of course, but imo it should have another defensive cd button to push at least. Even another offensive one.

As said I always liked the playstyle of arcane. And it is funny when someone that plays ret paladin says that arcane is a dumb spec, seeing how I find ret to be incredibly dull. And I can understand why people think Arcane is boring, the rotation is so and so, but I like that. To spam buttons is fun for me. Big CDs is something I really enjoy, so it makes Arcane a desirable spec for me.

Havoc is really fun, enjoy every aspect of it. It was fun in Legion to, and adding Immolation Aura to Havoc(veng had it already so) was a nice change in BfA. Bringing abilities from a lore-perspective is really great, and I think that adds another flavor to the classes/specs when they bring in that kind of stuff. Just like when they added Starfall for Moonkins in WotLK. Really cool.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-05-11 at 09:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If i could change my main dps class it would look like this. Some tuning would be needed but i think these are more interresting choices.
    Doing Guild raids and Mythic+ runs.

Last edited by shade3891; 2019-05-12 at 07:32 PM.