Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BlizzCon Tickets on Sale in Fifteen Minutes

BlizzCon Tickets on Sale in Fifteen Minutes
    The second batch of tickets go on sale in fifteen minutes!

just remember if you go, AXS is going to sell your personal info because of the app you have to install on your phone.

edited because i named the wrong company when it came to selling personal info.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2019-05-09 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    just remember if you go, blizz is going to sell your personal info because of the app you have to install on your phone.
    You can skip using it but would have to go through certain procedures. I forget the details but it's mentioned on the reddit thread IIRC.

Excited for this year's mobile con!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    You can skip using it but would have to go through certain procedures. I forget the details but it's mentioned on the reddit thread IIRC.
    thats the first i've heard of it considering the policy blizzard gives is that no form of ticket will be accepted beyond the use of the app. so either someone on reddit is lying or this news isn't spreading.

edit: also, after a quick look, i can't find what you're referencing so i'll wait for you to cite your source before i blindly accept it.

just remember if you go, blizz is going to sell your personal info because of the app you have to install on your phone.
    That's a little disingenuous. AXS will sell your personal info (because their app is the one you have to install) but Blizzard has no involvement in this process besides choosing to work with AXS and they don't benefit from it in any way.

thats the first i've heard of it considering the policy blizzard gives is that no form of ticket will be accepted beyond the use of the app. so either someone on reddit is lying or this news isn't spreading.

edit: also, after a quick look, i can't find what you're referencing so i'll wait for you to cite your source before i blindly accept it.
    That must have been a pretty bad quick search lol, here it is:

"If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app, don’t worry. Just head to the Solutions Desk at registration and they’ll help you out."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._this/emfswea/

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/2293...-blizzcon-pass

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    they sold out
    Seriously? People really wanna go after the debacle last year?
    Oh well. Can't stop stupid people from parting with their money, I guess.

granted i don't use reddit so i don't entirely understand the layout. so ya, it was probably a bad search. however, neither of your sources say you can attend without using the app. your first source only says "If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app, don’t worry. Just head to the Solutions Desk at registration and they’ll help you out". that could simply be phone chargers and some technicians to help with errors. you can't claim there is a method to avoid using the app where no method is specified.

your second source has written "To pick up your badge at registration this year, you’ll need to download the AXS Mobile App. The app displays a QR code (one code for all of your tickets), which changes at regular intervals to help guard against dupes and fraud. Because of that, we won’t be able to accept paper tickets, confirmation emails, or screenshots/photos of the QR code at BlizzCon registration". so no, you can not get into blizzcon, even if you purchased tickets, without using the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I mean, it was obvious they would sell out. Thinking otherwise is naivety IMO.

I mean, it was obvious they would sell out. Thinking otherwise is naivety IMO.
    that we can agree on. i only posted my warning so that people who care might see. blizz isn't close to ea levels of hate yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    they sold out
    https://i.imgur.com/XWMAhWZ.png
    They are not, you just have to spam click "Find Tickets", even if it gives the "Oh no" message.
    I think i will pass for this year (now that i finally have the means to afford it i don't want to go...).
    Last edited by Ithilion; 2019-05-09 at 02:27 AM.

granted i don't use reddit so i don't entirely understand the layout. so ya, it was probably a bad search. however, neither of your sources say you can attend without using the app. your first source only says "If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app, don’t worry. Just head to the Solutions Desk at registration and they’ll help you out". that could simply be phone chargers and some technicians to help with errors. you can't claim there is a method to avoid using the app where no method is specified.

your second source has written "To pick up your badge at registration this year, you’ll need to download the AXS Mobile App. The app displays a QR code (one code for all of your tickets), which changes at regular intervals to help guard against dupes and fraud. Because of that, we won’t be able to accept paper tickets, confirmation emails, or screenshots/photos of the QR code at BlizzCon registration". so no, you can not get into blizzcon, even if you purchased tickets, without using the app.
    Stop grasping at straws and assuming things you don't know, just to try to be right, SMH. You show up after buying a ticket, probably with your receipt, and everything will be alright. Also:

1. "If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device" - You can even straight up lie saying your phone is dead/lost/whatever you can think of and they'll help you solve your problem. It's literally called the "Solutions Desk".
    2. "If for some reason you find yourself at the show [...] or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app" - Some other unexpected issue literally means any issue whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, my second source literally says:

If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app, don’t worry. Just head to the Solutions Desk at registration and they’ll help you out.
    Press CTRL+F and search for that paragraph.

- - - Updated - - -

that we can agree on. i only posted my warning so that people who care might see. blizz isn't close to ea levels of hate yet.
    To be honest, even if EA somehow decided to do an "EA-con" I'm pretty sure tickets would still sell out. They're just juggernauts of the industry at this point.
    Last edited by Razzako; 2019-05-09 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    nobody is allowed to have fun unless you approve of it it seems.

btw blizzcon was fun last year, unless you are a huge diablo fan.

Stop grasping at straws and assuming things you don't know, just to try to be right, SMH. You show up after buying a ticket, probably with your receipt, and everything will be alright. Also, reading comprehension man:

1. "If for some reason you find yourself at the show with a dead mobile device" - You even straight up lie saying your phone is dead/lost/whatever you can think of and they'll help you solve your problem. It's literally called the "Solutions Desk".
    2. "If for some reason you find yourself at the show [...] or some other unexpected issue preventing you from accessing the app" - Some other unexpected issue literally means any issue whatsoever.
    apparently being skeptical of vague, undefined systems is grasping at straws. should i point out the advice given is if you have a DEAD phone? if you show up with no phone and a receipt, you're going to get the "we won’t be able to accept paper tickets, confirmation emails, or screenshots/photos of the QR code at BlizzCon registration" talk.

I have read the policy, it's vague and doesn't get into detail beyond what they will accept as proof of purchase. but hey, if you think vague policy equates to crystal clear exceptions, then i can't change your point of view as you don't understand what you are talking about. you need to learn what business and legal speech is and how to act around it.

edit: the "go to the help desk" line is in both sources, doesn't specify what or how the help desk will help and says just go there. that is vague as heck and doesn't say anything about an alternative to getting in without using the app.

edit 2: i will admit, i'm assuming a bit. but, you are too. you are assuming blizz will have ways of getting you in without the app. here is the big difference. my assumption is that blizz is going to stick to their policy and have no details about how you might get around using the app. your assumption is that blizz has everything figured out and that the policy given is actually what they meant to say.

my assumption is healthy skepticism.

your assumption is blind faith.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2019-05-09 at 02:28 AM.

apparently being skeptical of vague, undefined systems is grasping at straws. should i point out the advice given is if you have a DEAD phone? if you show up with no phone and a receipt, you're going to get the "we won’t be able to accept paper tickets, confirmation emails, or screenshots/photos of the QR code at BlizzCon registration" talk.

I have read the policy, it's vague and doesn't get into detail beyond what they will accept as proof of purchase. but hey, if you think vague policy equates to crystal clear exceptions, then i can't change your point of view as you don't understand what you are talking about. you need to learn what business and legal speech is and how to act around it.
    Should I point out that the advice given is if you have a dead phone AND any other unexpected issues, a statement which literally includes any issue ever? You're arguing against literal information posted by Blizzard, they even went to the lengths of posting that to the reddit thread to clarify. If you want to be THAT stubborn then suit yourself out, I'm done. It's like having an argument with a flat earther thinking he's right, surely you can relate.

Should I point out that the advice given is if you have a dead phone AND any other unexpected issues, a statement which literally includes any issue ever? You're arguing against literal information posted by Blizzard, they even went to the lengths of posting that to the reddit thread to clarify. If you want to be THAT stubborn then suit yourself out, I'm done. It's like having an argument with a flat earther thinking he's right, surely you can relate.
    so you want to assume that blizz has planned for every possible situation? ok, how would blizz respond to a person getting mugged, losing their phone and wallet, and having no cash. that is a possible scenario and you think blizz will be prepared for it. how would you admit a person who has no ticket, no proof of purchase, and no ID?

so you want to assume that blizz has planned for every possible situation? ok, how would blizz respond to a person getting mugged, losing their phone and wallet, and having no cash. that is a possible scenario and you think blizz will be prepared for it. how would you admit a person who has no ticket, no proof of purchase, and no ID?
    This is the definition of grasping the straws. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    This is the definition of grasping the straws. Just stop.
    i'll stop when blizz either changes the ticket system they are using, actually specify a system people can use that doesn't involve using the phone app, or you people actually give me a good reason i shouldn't be skeptical. and no, "because blizz has a help desk" isn't a good reason since we don't know what the help desk consists of.