Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    You're trying to drag me into a discussion that is intentionally designed to make me look irrational. You know what I meant, stop trying to beat around the bush.
    He's right, without the cultures and religions you want to throw away, we wouldn't have the scientific system and breakthroughs we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I was not really going for religion angle only as I think there are many other things that make people just be people and do shitty stuff.
    Like I explained then.

Human emotion is not just rage and aggression. It's also empathy and love for others.
    Rage and aggression is superior to empathy and love. It will always conquer because it uses force and destruction, something that empathy and love can't defend against.

How do you get "just death, destruction and entropy" with that?
    Because human nature combined with extremely powerful technology will lead to that.

there is a future with human emotion and nature.
    A very brief future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    He's right, without the cultures and religions you want to throw away, we wouldn't have the scientific system and breakthroughs we have today.
    And we don't need them anymore since we've reached this point in our technology and knowledge. It's all deadweight at this point. They're just things that remind us of how we hate each other and we go back to fighting again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Those buildings do not keep us from advancing. They ground us. They're living evidence of the past. It's magnificent and humbling to walk streets and hallways that countless ancestors walked. It teaches us about the past, which helps us avoid the same pitfalls in the future. There are many reasons to keep relics of the past, but if you don't care about the past at all, as you do, there is nothing I can tell or explain to you to make you understand.
    We already have knowledge, we don't need the relics, we just need the knowledge and that's enough for us not to make the same mistakes again. No need to attach culture or religion to them.

Like I explained then.

Rage and aggression is superior to empathy and love. It will always conquer because it uses force and destruction, something that empathy and love can't defend against.

Because human nature combined with extremely powerful technology will lead to that.

A very brief future.

- - - Updated - - -

And we don't need them anymore since we've reached this point in our technology and knowledge. It's all deadweight at this point. They're just things that remind us of how we hate each other and we go back to fighting again.

- - - Updated - - -

We already have knowledge, we don't need the relics, we just need the knowledge and that's enough for us not to make the same mistakes again. No need to attach culture or religion to them.
    I really can't understand how someone can be so wrong about so much. I'm done with this shitpost of a thread.

Good luck with your Borg Reich.

10+ Year Old Account

The evolution of humanity is not destroying it, it's making it better. And I never said anything about enslavement, so try again.
    Would you like to repeat your lie again for the class?

If anything, it wouldn't be a surprise that they'd genetically alter poor people to be obedient, dumb and live long lives so we could slave away and never be able to stage revolutions or protests.
    You very clearly have that 'I'm superior, and so is my idea' vibe down... are you saying that isn't really you?

Yet you are one in several billion and its rather big of you to rise up and make that decision for all of us, even if the masses dont agree with you... How, EXACTLY, are you going to subjugate them and bend them to your will?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Would you like to repeat your lie again for the class?

You very clearly have that 'I'm superior, and so is my idea' vibe down... are you saying that isn't really you?

Yet you are one in several billion and its rather big of you to rise up and make that decision for all of us, even if the masses dont agree with you... How, EXACTLY, are you going to subjugate them and bend them to your will?
    You realize that quote was referring to what would happen if we kept currency, religion, culture and governments around? Along with human emotions and nature? So, again, wrong. Jesus, talk about a lack of reading comprehension.

- - - Updated - - -

I really can't understand how someone can be so wrong about so much. I'm done with this shitpost of a thread.

Good luck with your attempts to revert us back to the stone ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're trying to drag me into a discussion that is intentionally designed to make me look irrational. You know what I meant, stop trying to beat around the bush.
    Lets be fair, you have a habit of wanting the fruits without the roots... Look at your plans....

- - - Updated - - -

Shhh... dont say that, you'll get reported again.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Lets be fair, you have a habit of wanting the fruits without the roots... Look at your plans....
    No, I don't. I've explained how we could achieve this future but you'd rather keep around suffering, misery and death than to move away from that.

10+ Year Old Account

Now, Now, he wants us to believe he has know knowledge of what that is, or of the history of his ideas, or any knowledge of any of the darkest parts of his ideas... it wont be a 'Borg Reich'... it is going to be this Utopia where we all sing Barney songs and paint, and color, and build rocketships so he and his master race can leave this rock.

Now, Now, he wants us to believe he has know knowledge of what that is, or of the history of his ideas, or any knowledge of any of the darkest parts of his ideas... it wont be a 'Borg Reich'... it is going to be this Utopia where we all sing Barney songs and paint, and color, and build rocketships so he and his master race can leave this rock.
    What master race? You mean us? Everybody? All the humans? Stop trying perpetrate this Nazi nonsense.

I can't shake the feeling Untermensch wears a fedora and is euphoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    What master race? You mean us? Everybody? All the humans? Stop trying perpetrate this Nazi nonsense.
    Yea, you are right, you'll need ballast for your ships, is that where you are going to put the ones you've had genetically altered to be poor and dumb so you can take them to other planets for your worker class?

- - - Updated - - -

Well... I cant disagree with your assessment.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-05-09 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd love for you guys to join in here and read what you have to say on this topic.
    no you don't you just want an echo chamber of people telling you your right.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no you don't you just want an echo chamber of people telling you your right.
    You haven't been paying attention then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, you are right, you'll need ballast for your ships, is that where you are going to put the ones you've had genetically altered to be poor and dumb so you can take them to other planets for your worker class?
    Didn't I explain to you that the "genetically altered" part was referring to a society with the Four Pillars? The wealthy and powerful would forcefully genetically alter us to be dumb and obedient, that's the world that you want if you keep this society around the way it is. Stop making stuff up, think before you write.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't shake the feeling that you keep trying to troll and derail this thread.

Reported, again.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't I explain to you that the "genetically altered" part was referring to a society with the Four Pillars? The wealthy and powerful would forcefully genetically alter us to be dumb and obedient, that's the world that you want if you keep this society around the way it is. Stop making stuff up, think before you write.

- - - Updated - - -

Reported, again.
    yes i have. but please continue to lash out at and dismiss anyone who doesn't share your views on the matter. i think you have mistaken mmo-c for your own personal blog.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

7+ Year Old Account
    You realize that quote was referring to what would happen if we kept currency, religion, culture and governments around? Along with human emotions and nature? So, again, wrong. Jesus, talk about a lack of reading comprehension.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck with your attempts to revert us back to the stone ages.
    Omg do you know what culture is? Language, movies, games, cuisine, music... How would we even be talking if we got rid of language? Religion I could do without, but the other parts of culture are too good to give up.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Reported, again.
    And who do you envision those 'wealthy' and 'powerful' to be, yourself of course. Lets face it, you aren't going to bend your knee to anyone that didnt dream up this plan of yours. What do you plan to do with those that dont genuflect to you? You'll alter them and use them just as you described to attain your goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    And who do you envision those 'wealthy' and 'powerful' to be, yourself of course. Lets face it, you aren't going to bend your knee to anyone that didnt dream up this plan of yours. What do you plan to do with those that dont genuflect to you? You'll alter them and use them just as you described to attain your goals.
    hey isn't that called enslavement and exploitation? you know how a certain man in germany in the 1940's used a certain people that he deemed 'inferior'? i thought his goals were noble? how dare you speak slanderous words against the glorious ubermench's master plan!

10+ Year Old Account
    hey isn't that called enslavement and exploitation? you know how a certain man in germany in the 1940's used a certain people that he deemed 'inferior'? i thought his goals were noble? how dare you speak slanderous words against the glorious ubermench's master plan!
    I know... but if we compared his master plan to that 'other' master plan a certain someone will accuse us of that T word and start carrying on how we aren't paying attention. When the problem he faces is that we ARE in fact paying attention.

Yes, as I said "there is nothing I can tell or explain to you to make you understand.". Why even ask the question to begin with?

yes i have. but please continue to lash out at and dismiss anyone who doesn't share your views on the matter. i think you have mistaken mmo-c for your own personal blog.
    Lash out? These people are trolling and trying to derail my thread with personal attacks such as calling me a Nazi or some supremacist of sorts. Ironically, Nazis would hate my idea as it doesn't involve currency, culture or governments, which all make up the foundations of the Nazi ideology.

Good job in being a sycophant for Seranthor.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Me? My proposed society involves no currency, there would be no such thing as wealthy or powerful people, are you being dense on purpose?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Omg do you know what culture is? Language, movies, games, cuisine, music... How would we even be talking if we got rid of language? Religion I could do without, but the other parts of culture are too good to give up.
    You don't want to give them up, you'll always have conflict and competition.

- - - Updated - - -

I know... but if we compared his master plan to that 'other' master plan a certain someone will accuse us of that T word and start carrying on how we aren't paying attention. When the problem he faces is that we ARE in fact paying attention.
    Reported for trolling, again. You were explained exactly what I was talking about, you are deliberately being disingenuous in an attempt to troll and derail this thread.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-09 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling