Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They felt more varied than world quests when they were on a proper rotation.

Argent Tournament was a very early quest hub. 5.1 and 5.2 perfected it.

Their localised location helped give them a theme, Unlike world quests which are spread all over the map.
    I honestly question if you even played during wrath? "Proper rotation?" There is no variation in the majority of them. I quoted the princess quests because that was one with more variation than most - there were like 3 princesses and it went through that rotation.

-Kiss some frogs, apply chapstick so you don't get turned into a frog
    -Gather some herbs and just give it to them
    -One other one I can;t remember

Even in MoP, there was little real variation, and I'm really not sure how people don't see how WQ's aren't just daily 2.0. The only real difference is there are many differing WQs and they are more spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I honestly question if you even played during wrath? "Proper rotation?" There is no variation in the majority of them. I quoted the princess quests because that was one with more variation than most - there were like 3 princesses and it went through that rotation.

Even in MoP, there was little real variation, and I'm really not sure how people don't see how WQ's aren't just daily 2.0. The only real difference is there are many differing WQs and they are more spread out.
    And WQ's have more variation? It's always the same, kill this mob, kill X of these mobs or fill the bar. They are the same, except they come with copious ammounts of boring travel time and aren't all in a convenient smaller area.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They felt more varied than world quests when they were on a proper rotation.

Argent Tournament was a very early quest hub. 5.1 and 5.2 perfected it.

Their localised location helped give them a theme, Unlike world quests which are spread all over the map.
    Agreed, i actually felt better doing dailies than world quests, world quests have an awful rotation and those world quests that contains patterns with rank 3 are the worse too. Barely see them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Daily quests are the most horrible abomination this game has ever had. They must never return.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Daily quests are the most horrible abomination this game has ever had. They must never return.
    That's quite an hyperbole

I just wish WQs were clustered together a little more. Having that oddball quest wayyyy the fuck outta the way sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost the same thing.

Unchallenging repeatable chores.
    And now with flying, it will be even less fun, cause warmode will mean nothing.

If they are called "dailies" you just have to pick them up first, and deliver them afterwards.
    I'd rather they were called "world quests" so i can skip the archaic pickup-deliver part.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're similar enough that it's not really a difference. Dailies have been randomised since Cata, maybe even earlier, I forget, and WQs are just an elegant expansion of that system, with fewer annoyances.

They need to continue developing and improving WQs, frankly. BfA is nearly identical to Legion in terms of WQs, arguably worse in some ways, so hopefully the can work further on this. I also feel like the concept of Island Expeditions, in the sense of randomised areas, has potential crossover with WQs if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    you're actually wasting your time.
    he'll just avoid this thread for a day and then come back spouting the same shit. generally what all of the "i hate wow" brigade does
    Yea he actually did disappear. What a surprise.

I like World Quests more, because I can choose to do different quests with different characters (I can solo elite dudes with a warlock but I can either skip it / rush through others with my priest, for example).

That being said... I do miss the storytelling that dailies gave you. 4 Winds / Tillers was one of my favorite reputations. What I do not miss is having all reputations locked behind one single reputation in which I had to kill a fucking crocodile for weeks until I could do something else in another map.

What I would like... A faction like The Tillers that had profession-based daily quests - some type of Tillers but expanded to all professions and not just cooking.

The one thing I liked is this Invasion system, in which new WQs appear and are way more cohesive, thematically. I feel that's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    *EDIT* Should say Dailies.

Fixed {ML}
    -

So last two expansions there has been World Quests instead of Daily Quests.

But which do you prefer now when you've tried both?

I personally enjoy daily quests more, more fun especially with professions, I loved fishing dailies for example lol.
    I'd love to see something that is mix of both.

WQ are good as long as they are done interestingly. (Fuk u Tortolan Calligraphers and Kirin Tor wind jumpers or whatever it is called)
    meanwhile I loved Daily system in MoP, where there were several dailies that opened some random quest (remember Krasarang dailies about martial combat and each time u defeated a combatants, you could see different Champions and it felt like "leveling up") it was nice.

there is similar but annoying WQ in Tiragarde from a gnome that asks you make selfies. and I never do it. I dont see any reason for completing them (reward, story progression, achievement etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    See, this is interesting! How do you envision outdoor end game content in your dream mmo without dailies/wqs? How factions would work
    Honestly I hate the repetitiveness of it all. There is no variety. World Quests was an actual opportunity to do something cool, something unique. It could have had quests throughout the entirety of azeroth. We could go revisit old zones with new scenarios(think rifts in rift), or unique quests/events that were specifically tied to one zone. Instead we get the same rng WQ design, with a limited pool to choose from, crammed in the same small spaces. The same goes with dailies, instead of being gated behind the same repetitive quests, I would rather have quality engaging content. I still think you can get rid of dailies if the design team would focus on engaging content. I mean look at professions for example. Back in BC there were weapons that took months of hard work to not only get the recipe for, but to get the mats to make them. That made them unique, and for the farmers, made them a lot of money. There were dailies in BC sure, but not to the extent that they are now. To me this current iteration is just lazy game design. 1- Daily, 2 - Queue , 3 - RNG, 4 - GATE. That is basically all we get anymore in a shiny new box.

Let me put it this way, since dailies and world quests are the same, world quests which are the new system, should be a little more handled and optimized. Exactly for having such variety, they are spread everywhere and have a bad rotation, they would do less per zone and increase the rewards on that + more rep add everytime we do a world quests, i don't know about you but since Legion i feel i have to do way too much world quests to just get a decent amount of rep or some AP i need to grind. And it's exhausting really.

In legion since you had a champion that could earn gold doing world quests you actually did some in regards to get more gold + kirin tor would give you a token to get more rep from the quests, but even kirin tor emissaries weren't always up. The variety of quests was bad in the sense that: Patterns for a profession, were barely up and the quests you choose to get something, you choose mostly the slains cause they are and were the easier ones and you try ignore the ones that are the most annoying, so what's the difference really, when we ignore most of them? World quests should be improved, and i totally wish i had an option to disable the talking head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

Like I said. Wrath wasn’t a proper rotation. 5.1 and 5.2 fixed this. Every day on the isle of thunder, the quests would send you to a different part of the island. It felt like you were on a mission, helping the war effort in that area.

With world quests mostly you just have to kill ‘rares’ (Since let’s face it, those are the most efficient world quests and in Legion they even gave more rep).

Dailies being isolated to part of the zone instead of the full zone gave the world a sense of scale that has been lost in WoD, Legion and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is an article from 2018 september, right after release.

This just shows that you literally don't play the game since 8.0.
    Glad we had the talk.
    I have stated many times in various threads I do not play BfA at ALL. I played 3 hours of beta and that was all I could stand before puking a little int he back of my mouth.

I certainly accept, with your diligent work, that you cannot get "mythic level gear" from WQ's. But it's not far off. The point is that the dailies from yesteryear gave you a progression reason to perform. Build up your reputation so you could get fill in pieces for preparing for raiding.

Now you raid almost immediately, using WQ's, rares and bosses to hyper gear in a day. Have you ever counted how many epics you receive in a single play session?

I prefer dailies because they give you a solid reason to perform them (reputation and gold) without undermining the value of gear and endgame content.

World Quests are probably the better of the two, I think I liked Dailies just a bit more, but I'm weird, like I'm one of the few that love BFA...I'm a mad man.

Been thinking, it would seem the biggest complain towards WQ is the vast traveling. Here's a change that could maybe solve it. Keep the daily rotating Emissary, but each zone has FAR more WQ in them, around triple or so. We have an emissary for Zandalari Empire, and there are multiple sub regions in the zone, Warbeast Kraul, Port Rastari, Hunting ground, Xibala, that sethrak place, Atal'Gral, etc. Instead of doing 1 WQ in each of those, they act more like mini-invasions, with multiple WQ in that sub-region, that culminates in a quest event. For that days emissary you just have to do one of those sub-regions but could do them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Could have saved us all a lot of time and just admitted you don't play the game and have no clue what you're talking about. The article you link dates from last year. The raid after Uldir is already out, and the Titanforging cap is now 425.

Not that you're ever likely to see a 425 WQ item, even a 400 one would be exceedingly rare apart from the 400 Azerite pieces one can get from Emmisaries but even then you basically need to already be at that ilvl to get them.
    I haven't played BfA beyond a few hours of Beta. I spoke to whether I preferred dailies or WQs.. I played enough of Legion to make that determintation and contribute to the thread.

Can't you get 3 slots filled with Azerite pieces? 3 400 level pieces just from WQs. Then the possibility of TF items for the other slots. As I stated earlier... do you think it's OK to be able to earn a dozen epics in a single play session? Why?

At least we aren't gettnig legendaries in an Emmissary chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    If people wants to raid, they would. If they prefer another form of progression than raiding, then that suggest raiding was not something they were keen on. The loot was the carrot to make them go raiding.
    Which is why, when they can easily gear out in WQs, rares, chest drops, and world bosses.. in a matter of a couple days. They get bored and leave the game... especially now that they can take the "Universal Studios LFR tour of raids" to "observe" the content.

The game is hurting... and was much stronger when dailies were in place than WQs.

Dont; get me wrong.. I don't MIND WQs... I think they are a great idea. But they should be ADDITIONAL content, not replace existing. The only real issue Ihave with WQs is the rewards system. Come on man... do you REALLY think that clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts should get you an epic piece of gear? That cna proc what...15 or 25 iLevels higher?

What kind of MMO is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I have stated many times in various threads I do not play BfA at ALL. I played 3 hours of beta and that was all I could stand before puking a little int he back of my mouth.

I certainly accept, with your diligent work, that you cannot get "mythic level gear" from WQ's. But it's not far off. The point is that the dailies from yesteryear gave you a progression reason to perform. Build up your reputation so you could get fill in pieces for preparing for raiding.

Now you raid almost immediately, using WQ's, rares and bosses to hyper gear in a day. Have you ever counted how many epics you receive in a single play session?

I prefer dailies because they give you a solid reason to perform them (reputation and gold) without undermining the value of gear and endgame content.
    Congratulations, you are still irrelevant.

It's not "but its not far off". It's impossible to get to heroic OR mythic ilvlv using only world quests and emissaries. It's a very lucky thing to even manage to make it to normal level, because REWARDS SCALE WITH YOUR CURRENT ITEM LEVEL. You can't get a 400ilvl azeite gear from emissary UNLESS you are at 400 ilvl already. The design is not to give you straight progression, but to provide you with different traits you might now currently have and/or titan residuum.

You are stuck in the past. An item being purple, 'epic', call it whatever does NOT matter anyone. It hasn't mattered since WotlK. Stats matter. Passives matter. Traits matter. Item level matters. The fact that something is a 'rare' blue, epic 'purple' or legendary 'orange' means jack-shit at the end-game. You are still stuck in your vanilla WoW mentality of "if it's purple it's something you had to work for", which even back then wasn't true. There used to be lots of OP blue items, even greens.

You are literally a spoiled child. You played the beta for 10 mins, got bored, now the game sucks and that's a fact cuz you said it.
    Just, stay quiet and play your classic in august or whatever.

Oh and in 8.2?
    Patch 8.2 introduces Benthic gear, which is catch up gear similar to the unsullied and relinquished gear from Argus. However, there is a little more to it than that.

Nazjatar introduces a new currency called Prismatic Manapearl, which is obtained through many different methods while questing and exploring the zone.

Benthic gear can be upgraded all the way to item level 430

So cool huh? 430 ilevel gear from just doing WQs and exploring the zone.

No thank you.

I would prefer dailies if they put some work into it and make the hub/region change. Firelands was fun in that regard or the offensive in MoP. It's cool if they use phasing to shop progress in daily hubs and have special scenarios when reaching a new rep level or a critical point.

Aside from that worldquests are certainly more convenient.