Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hate both but if I had to choose i'd say world quests.

with WQs we have to get out the city and actually "use" the zones of the expansion...

15+ Year Old Account
    World quests, the fact they can be done without needing to turn them in is a nice convenience feature.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

patatas or potatoes?

You should have given the option for Both.

I like the nature of World quests, as they change and also more seamless to complete, i just need to arrive in an area and begin, no need to talk to NPC.

I did enjoy the profession related dailies though, and I think those should still exist.

Both are lazy game design. Real passionate devs would create hundreds of quests that you had to advance through go get to an impossibly difficult end

Dailies and wq are mindless

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    World quests, the fact they can be done without needing to turn them in is a nice convenience feature.
    I think that's a contradiction to the "get's me out in the world" argument others are making. You don't go to a quest giver... you don' return to a quest giver.

You simply go to the "spot" kill the "things", loot appears magically in your bags... you go to the next spot or hearth.

I mean the next step is that clicking on a WQ on the map teleports you there.

Or even worse, you send followers to kill them and... oh... wait.

Do you think WQ's are better than the Sons of Hodir dailies? Or the Oracle/Frenzyheart dailies? For me they weremore enaging. Sent me out in the world, engaggggged in a wider variety of activities, and provided a slower, but more rewarding result.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Do you think WQ's are better than the Sons of Hodir dailies? Or the Oracle/Frenzyheart dailies? For me they weremore enaging. Sent me out in the world, engaggggged in a wider variety of activities, and provided a slower, but more rewarding result.
    You simply go to the "spot" kill the "things", loot appears magically in your bags... you go to the next spot or hearth.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    this is so funny to read

-----

@OP i would say BOTH but WQ like FF14 FATE that are WAY BETTER, i tried 1 week of FF14 and FATE or hunter log are something wow needs so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Never played Wrath huh?

https://www.wowhead.com/faction=1119/the-sons-of-hodir

1000x better than go here and kill things to fill bar... follow by yet another kill things to fill a bar... follow by a, yep you guessed it...

And rewards? Shoulder enchants... a smart way to make something very much worthwhile and rewarding each time you did it, and then rewarding you for keeping up with it. It also gave reason to do more if not all content. Now you just hover over each WQ and check if it's something you care about. If not you pick the closest and fastest ones to do to get the emmissary chest. Not very fun at all actually. Certainly not immersive and engaging.

I like how people here are devaluing Daily Quest because " on the same spot "

While WQ are basically still on the same spot but you do them over 3 days.

WQs but they need to evolve it next expansion.

Never played Wrath huh?

https://www.wowhead.com/faction=1119/the-sons-of-hodir

1000x better than go here and kill things to fill bar... follow by yet another kill things to fill a bar... follow by a, yep you guessed it...

And rewards? Shoulder enchants... a smart way to make something very much worthwhile and rewarding each time you did it, and then rewarding you for keeping up with it. It also gave reason to do more if not all content. Now you just hover over each WQ and check if it's something you care about. If not you pick the closest and fastest ones to do to get the emmissary chest. Not very fun at all actually. Certainly not immersive and engaging.
    filling the bar is no different to kill x elementals
    where fill the bar differs is it allows you to also loot instead of just killing 20 mobs.

facts go over your head, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    where fill the bar differs is it allows you to also loot instead of just killing 20 mobs.

You can loot too if you kill 20 mobs are you drunk?

While they are pretty much the same thing, I do like wq's more ad you don't have to pick them up and turn them in.

What story did dailies have and wq's don't? Most wq's are reapeating a quest you've done as part of the zone's story, same as dailies were

I'd remove the stupid ap farm from them and add a wq's only currency that can be used to buy some stuff: mats, flasks, pets, mounts, that sort of thing, similar to the incursions currency. And remove the paragon chrsts
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    While they are pretty much the same thing, I do like wq's more ad you don't have to pick them up and turn them in.

What story did dailies have and wq's don't? Most wq's are reapeating a quest you've done as part of the zone's story, same as dailies were

I'd remove the stupid ap farm from them and add a wq's only currency that can be used to buy some stuff: mats, flasks, pets, mounts, that sort of thing, similar to the incursions currency.
    Problem is that a WQ is basically an "Event" rather than Daily you pick and do.

But WQ as "Event" are pretty much meh compared to other MMO WQ like FF14 Fate or GW "dunno how they are called "

Not even close:

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.

Also WQ rewards is already worthless

Gold nobody cares after 2 exp of ez gold
    Resources ROFL
    AP ok?
    Gear for ALTs unless you are wishing for TF
    Rep useless due to Rep begin useless since WoD

Sure Dailies had too some kind of similar rewards but

1 Gold were more valuable back the
    2 Rep meant something, Shoulders Enchant Example
    3 Some daily gave Currency ( I don't see WQ giving Residuum)

Not even close:

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.
    I'm not the person you were talking to earlier #1, #2, you're delusional if you think those can't be "fill the bar" quests

Also, my account is made from vanilla, I've played in every expansion, you're a jackass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Yep, those were shit dailies. I hated them in WoTLK. However WQs aren't different. There are plenty of lame world quests out there.

There are new types of quests, but it doesn't mean that WQs are better. Most are renamed "kill X stuff" or "collect X stuff" with shinier UI, very few are different. Its evolution of quest types. It has nothing to do with dailies / world quests difference. If BfA had dailies, those shiny new types of quests would still be there.
    Exactly. There's no difference between wq and dailies, except dailies you have to go to/return to a hub. but the idiot "HURR DURR PREVIOUS EXPANSIONS WERE BETTER DESPITE COLD HARD FACTS" crowd will just cry all fucking day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    You can loot too if you kill 20 mobs are you drunk?
    loot objectives on the ground in lieu of just fighting mobs. are you dumb?

loot objectives on the ground in lieu of just fighting mobs. are you dumb?
    There were also Dailis where you have to "collect" instead of kill, or both [collect and kill loot] so maybe think twice before begin toxic.