Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I mean, if i would start doing mythic+ i would want to at least do a +6 +7.
    Waiting 1 entire week for a 385 piece...it wouldnt feel like Chirstmas...at all.
    It would feel like casual monday
    You make zero sense. You have LFR gear but if you do keystones it has to be at least a 6? Well of course it's a bad experience for you. No you won't get into decent groups because you have terrible gear compared to the other people applying for 6's and 7's.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Jesus..I swear OP sounds like Jaylock came back.....

It really is clever shit....it is bait, but you can't really place it or grab it....well done....
    Regardless of OP's intent, I do think this will give folks like myself who aren't interested in organized group content a long term progression path.

Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Duels aren't, any open world pvp isn't. Instanced pvp is to a point, giving a very small advantage to somebody with higher item level.
    To my knowledge the "scaling" inside instanced PvP is the same of Duels and World PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

It really is clever shit....it is bait, but you can't really place it or grab it....well done....
    And i swear people either have something against me...are are just outraged there is a positive thread for a change.
    Thinking this thread is bait...is nonsense.

I think if it was Jay I would have more respect ... playing the part that earnestly over a long period of time would be pretty impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Duels aren't, any open world pvp isn't. Instanced pvp is to a point, giving a very small advantage to somebody with higher item level.
    You know they changed that from Legion to BfA?

Can you correct me on this please?

Right now my best items are from LFR. And other people are (on average) walking about with 400-something item level.

In 8.2 i will be on a "better" situation...right?
    Because 430 will be much better than the LFR gear of 8.2.

I will be on a MUCH BETTER situation than now...right?
    Why are you restricting yourself to LFR, though? That's a pretty serious fallacy if you're comparing current LFR to future Nazjatar, and discounting all the other current methods of obtaining gear.

If that's your line of argument, then what you're saying isn't that it'll be easier to get ilvl - it's that you enjoy doing 8.2 non-LFR content more than current non-LFR content. Which is a totally valid point, of course; but it's a very different one from just going on about how easy it is to get ilvl.

LFR isn't a good source of ilvl right now. It's much easier to just jump in low to medium keys and get much better gear much more quickly. LFR does, however, provide a source for two of the most important categories of gear, Azerite armors and raid trinkets (though the latter may actually be worse than M+ trinkets depending on spec). Anyway, if it comes down to pure ilvl, LFR is a very poor choice from the start - so limiting your options to that is already stacking the deck in favor of your "argument", because it is a false equivocation (LFR now vs. non-LFR in 8.2).

As for the question of "how long will it take new players to get to <insert ilvl cutoff point for whatever content you want to run>", that'll be contingent on how easy it is to farm all that Naz/Mecha catch-up gear - and how prejudices people will be in terms of ilvl. Both are difficult to estimate, but historically, it's probably true that catching up tends to accelerate towards the end of an expansion. In other words, you may be right in some respect - it could be easier for casuals to get to an ilvl that will allow them to do more serious content. Or it could not, depending on how the masses react to the increase. Personally, I don't expect a fundamental paradigm shift. It'll still be reasonably easy for new characters to get into M+/raiding if that is want you want (and I'm talking about characters without support from guild/friends to carry, of course).

430 seems kind of high for catch up gear..

probably no way you can get heroic raiding gear just like that. Gonna take a long ass time to upgrade it all. Its probably for raiders to upgrade the last 1-2 items they don't get from the raid.

Casualy farming it will more then likely take a long ass time

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Why are you restricting yourself to LFR, though? That's a pretty serious fallacy if you're comparing current LFR to future Nazjatar, and discounting all the other current methods of obtaining gear.

If that's your line of argument, then what you're saying isn't that it'll be easier to get ilvl - it's that you enjoy doing 8.2 non-LFR content more than current non-LFR content. Which is a totally valid point, of course; but it's a very different one from just going on about how easy it is to get ilvl.

LFR isn't a good source of ilvl right now. It's much easier to just jump in low to medium keys and get much better gear much more quickly. LFR does, however, provide a source for two of the most important categories of gear, Azerite armors and raid trinkets (though the latter may actually be worse than M+ trinkets depending on spec). Anyway, if it comes down to pure ilvl, LFR is a very poor choice from the start - so limiting your options to that is already stacking the deck in favor of your "argument", because it is a false equivocation (LFR now vs. non-LFR in 8.2).

As for the question of "how long will it take new players to get to <insert ilvl cutoff point for whatever content you want to run>", that'll be contingent on how easy it is to farm all that Naz/Mecha catch-up gear - and how prejudices people will be in terms of ilvl. Both are difficult to estimate, but historically, it's probably true that catching up tends to accelerate towards the end of an expansion. In other words, you may be right in some respect - it could be easier for casuals to get to an ilvl that will allow them to do more serious content. Or it could not, depending on how the masses react to the increase. Personally, I don't expect a fundamental paradigm shift. It'll still be reasonably easy for new characters to get into M+/raiding if that is want you want (and I'm talking about characters without support from guild/friends to carry, of course).
    Thanks for the information.

As to why i limit myself to LFR...its just that Mythic + is a frustrating solo experience with how many fail groups you get.
    And for some reason the Warfront quest that rewards ilvl 400 is not happearing to me.
    A friend of mine showed me the NPC...and he had no quest for me.

Dont know if i need to do some story quests or whatnot...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    430 seems kind of high for catch up gear..
    Agreed. I would like to see catch up gear on par or a little less than the prior raid tier for heroic. 15 over mythic seems whack. I have to think it's impacted by their hopes that they'll draw a lot of people back who quit earlier in BfA and they think supercharging the catch-up will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Agreed. I would like to see catch up gear on par or a little less than the prior raid tier for heroic. 15 over mythic seems whack. I have to think it's impacted by their hopes that they'll draw a lot of people back who quit earlier in BfA and they think supercharging the catch-up will help with that.
    One of my raid teams focus on normal with a little heroic. Was full heroic every other tier for years. With the exodus of players and the abundance of high ilvl gear for solo players, keeping a steady roster is hard enough, and talking last night, basically no one has any interest in pushing into heroic, and this 430 stuff was one of the themes brought up by most ppl.

Right or wrong, their logic is with easily accessible solo gear that high, there is no motivation to do heroic. Farm normal, hope for titanforge / warforge, and just enjoy themselves. Like i said, im not saying the logic is 100% correct, im just saying thats how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The catch-up component is 385, which is fair. Presumably, the 430 will take some required amount of time to fully upgrade.

If we're looking at a ~10 pearl per day grind people won't reach 430 until 8.2.5 (whatever that will be).

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    If we're looking at a ~10 pearl per day grind people won't reach 430 until 8.2.5 (whatever that will be).
    Plz dont destroy my dreams for 8.2...plz

Have you done the math?
    So...

9x5=45

9x20=180

9x60=540

total: 765

10 per day = 76 days?
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-05-10 at 01:41 PM.

Plz dont destroy my dreams for 8.2...plz

Have you done the math?
    So...

9x5=45

9x20=180

9x60=540

total: 765

10 per day = 76 days?
    Considering that 8.1 was 150+ days ago and 8.1.5 was around 50 days ago, it makes sense to infer that the grind will last around half way through if it lasts 76 days. 8.2 will probably release at around 180 days from 8.1, meaning 8.3 will be around as long from 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Considering that 8.1 was 150+ days ago and 8.1.5 was around 50 days ago, it makes sense to infer that the grind will last around half way through if it lasts 76 days. 8.2 will probably release at around 180 days from 8.1, meaning 8.3 will be around as long from 8.2
    Uff, thanks for the info...its going to be hard work...and i will still have a couple days to enjoy my full 430 gear
    The adventure is looking good so far
    Lets hope we will at least be able to get 10 pearls per day...which can still be wrong.

A lot depends on pacing.

Right now, on the PTR, it will take 85 Manapearls (the new currency) to get a single piece of 430 gear. So it's 765 for all 9 pieces. It costs 5 pearls for the base 385, 20 to get it to 400, and 60 more to get it to 430. As an example, if they make each WQ offer 1 manapearl, and you get say 10 WQs a day, it'll take about 3 months to get all the 430 gear. Which isn't bad. Or imagine they offer 2 weekly quests like Argus that each award 15 pearls each, which means it'll take 6-7 months to get all the 430 gear. I would be willing to wager a small bit of money on the latter. They won't de-incentivize raiding or the other means for gear. There will also probably be a currency cap of like 50 or 100, to prevent people from hoarding and rounding out their gear once it's ready. They will force you to buy piece by piece in hopes of getting a duplicate item slot so you've wasted resources.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2019-05-10 at 12:44 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

This does seem like a casual players dream. Imagine this, you get several pieces from the WQ so you don't spend pearls on the base item of every slot. Then, you only really care about maxing ilvl on one character, but you have multiple 120s you enjoy playing. (I have 5, which isn't even a lot)
    You have a Sunday afternoon, you do all the WQs and possible weekly on all your characters, buy the upgrade token/s and send it to your main. This wouldn't cut time spent, but it would cut down calendar time spent dramatically.

I think you're in for a fun time OP, enjoy it. I imagine more "Hardcore" players will out gear half the slots from M+ and or raids and just funnel the upgrade pearls for 1-3 slots and move on, possibly coming back to again funnel to alts etc, giving a lot of possible depth to this update.

I'll remain optimistic.

Lets hope we will at least be able to get 10 pearls per day...which can still be wrong.
    My personal expectation is that you'll get more pearls at first to reach 385 as part of the catch up and then it slows down the closer you get to 430

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    This does seem like a casual players dream. Imagine this, you get several pieces from the WQ so you don't spend pearls on the base item of every slot. Then, you only really care about maxing ilvl on one character, but you have multiple 120s you enjoy playing. (I have 5, which isn't even a lot)
    You have a Sunday afternoon, you do all the WQs and possible weekly on all your characters, buy the upgrade token/s and send it to your main. This wouldn't cut time spent, but it would cut down calendar time spent dramatically.

I think you're in for a fun time OP, enjoy it. I imagine more "Hardcore" players will out gear half the slots from M+ and or raids and just funnel the upgrade pearls for 1-3 slots and move on, possibly coming back to again funnel to alts etc, giving a lot of possible depth to this update.

I'll remain optimistic.
    The tokens are bind on account?

Thanks for the kind words! I really hope i can be full ilvl 430 in 2 months time.

The tokens are bind on account?

Thanks for the kind words! I really hope i can be full ilvl 430 in 2 months time.
    Yeah it's right in the update.
    https://ptr.wowdb.com/items/169589-a...n-pearling-kit

Azsharan Pearling Kit
    Item Level 385
    Binds to Battle.net account
    Use: Empower a Benthic item from Nazjatar, making it Pearled and increasing its item level to 400.

Unless this changes when it goes live, there's even a screen shot showing an elite quest dropping the cloak, which alone saves 5 pearls.