Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it to the most backwater State in the Union to compare abortions to war -- What a fucking joke:

22 (i) It is estimated that 6,000,000 Jewish people
    23 were murdered in German concentration camps during World War
    24 II; 3,000,000 people were executed by Joseph Stalin's regime
    25 in Soviet gulags; 2,500,000 people were murdered during the
    26 Chinese "Great Leap Forward" in 1958; 1,500,000 to 3,000,000
    27 people were murdered by the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia during the
    Page 4
    1 1970s; and approximately 1,000,000 people were murdered during
    2 the Rwandan genocide in 1994. All of these are widely
    3 acknowledged to have been crimes against humanity. By
    4 comparison, more than 50 million babies have been aborted in
    5 the United States since the Roe decision in 1973, more than
    6 three times the number who were killed in German death camps,
    7 Chinese purges, Stalin's gulags, Cambodian killing fields, and
    8 the Rwandan genocide combined
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Leave it to the most backwater State in the Union to compare abortions to war -- What a fucking joke:

22 (i) It is estimated that 6,000,000 Jewish people
    23 were murdered in German concentration camps during World War
    24 II; 3,000,000 people were executed by Joseph Stalin's regime
    25 in Soviet gulags; 2,500,000 people were murdered during the
    26 Chinese "Great Leap Forward" in 1958; 1,500,000 to 3,000,000
    27 people were murdered by the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia during the
    Page 4
    1 1970s; and approximately 1,000,000 people were murdered during
    2 the Rwandan genocide in 1994. All of these are widely
    3 acknowledged to have been crimes against humanity. By
    4 comparison, more than 50 million babies have been aborted in
    5 the United States since the Roe decision in 1973, more than
    6 three times the number who were killed in German death camps,
    7 Chinese purges, Stalin's gulags, Cambodian killing fields, and
    8 the Rwandan genocide combined
    Lets now discuss all the wonderful legislation republicans would support for those 50,000,000 fetuses once they were born into this world now . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Not to puncture your bubble, but it does.
    They just tried to pull that part out at the last minute.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I have stories. I could make you feel worse about it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And that's because the right views Plan B as just as evil as abortion itself. Remember kids, personhood begins at conception!
    is male masturbabting like a genocide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I have stories. I could make you feel worse about it.
    If that's the case it may be time to leave the State and burn every bridge that allows access to it.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

As people have stated, this is Sharia Law. They sure love to force their beliefs on others. At least the pro-choice argument is if don't believe in abortion then you don't have to have an abortion. Oh, plus all the right to your own body and government out of my personal life.

This law went full Sharia with up to 99 years. I'm surprised they just didn't do public beheadings. I know, know some are upset at my statement but 99 years would likely fall under the 8th Amendment l.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Didn't Georgia just sign a bill that made abortion illegal? Alabama is behind the times!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The freedom to be religious but not be free from religion :^)
    a politician literally said that. Religious freedom does not mean freedom from religion. here it is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcEmOrfV6No around the 40sec mark

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    They just tried to pull that part out at the last minute.
    They didn't though.

I'm pro-choice, but lying about unnecessary things just makes everyone think you lie about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Jinro is obviously a twat.

Why feeding it?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I would have thought this was incredibly obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Because we are the most advanced and yet the most backward country in the world.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...016-09-08.html

Even when the mother's health was at risk, they would not do it.
    Also when you have an ectopic pregnancy, where the egg implants outside of the uterus and is a non-viable, life-threatening pregnancy, to get treatment for it they make you sign a form "consenting" to an "abortion". Just to be clear, if you didn't get treatment for an ectopic pregnancy as a woman, you would 100% die, and there is 0% chance that the pregnancy is in any way viable.

Also a representative in Ohio proposed a bill to not cover care for an ectopic pregnancy, because he claimed you could just "move the egg back into the uterus" (you can't).

https://rewire.news/ablc/2019/05/09/...to-the-uterus/
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2019-05-10 at 12:27 AM.

This makes me wonder what would happen when the sacks of human garbage in the GOP finally get their way and a case like this goes to the SCOTUS. Will everyone else have the courage/conviction to finally take a stand against them trying to turn us into Amerikastan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This makes me wonder what would happen when the sacks of human garbage in the GOP finally get their way and a case like this goes to the SCOTUS. Will everyone else have the courage/conviction to finally take a stand against them trying to turn us into Amerikastan?
    I'd like to think so but there's a whole lot of people in the world that could not careless unless it applies to them specifically. For further proof look at any social media at the number of men who bang on about being "Pro-Life" but run away at the first mention at the word vasectomy.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In many states, like the one I live in (California), abortion is a state law and the federal government banning it won't override it. In the same way marijuana is legal in California but not federally.

And abortion is already effectively banned in at least 5-6 states now, by only allowing it before 6 weeks. Most women don't even find out they are pregnant until around 8+ weeks.

The more I learn about US politics, the more everything said about Republicans makes sense to me. This was shit move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    It's pretty sexist to assume abortion being available is in a womans interest. I think abortions should be banned.
    Even in case of rapes? Incest coupled with rapes? Or how about some 11 year old girl becoming pregnant? Or how about when the pregnancy is going to kill you? Still think so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Even in case of rapes? Incest coupled with rapes? Or how about some 11 year old girl becoming pregnant? Or how about when the pregnancy is going to kill you? Still think so?
    There's already six pages of this...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You serious? My mom had friends that died from having illicit abortions. One of the poor souls barely made it out alive. It was illegal here under the commies. It didn't stop women from having abortions. It just stopped them from accessing real, safe healthcare, which I assume you want women to have.

As a medic, I find your stance as mind boggling. Is it a religious thing? To clarify, I'm not super-progressive about this and most definitely late term abortions should not be something done at will, but to remove them from legal healthcare would be catastrophic for women. And you are one, yeah?

Insert mind being blown gif.
    And even then, here's the thing. Imagine this scenario: A woman choosing to carry a baby for 6+ months, having to deal with all the awfulness that comes with pregnancy, as a medic I'm sure you are very aware of what that entails. Do you really think a woman would willfully choose to put themselves through that and then be like "whoops nah, actually I changed my mind" later and abort it? Hell no. There are no "willful late term abortions" because exactly zero women take 6+ months of excruciating pregnancy to make up their mind on whether they actually want a baby or not.

It honestly boggles my mind that there are men out there that really think women choose to do that to themselves, and that there are women out there just straight up murdering viable babies that they had to deal with carrying inside of them for 6+ months. There are no women doing that, it's a freaking myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because our laws regarding healthcare are worse that any other developed nation.
    But hey, at least the government is keeping its hands off our medicare right?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    It honestly boggles my mind that there are men out there that really think women choose to do that to themselves, and that there are women out there just straight up murdering viable babies that they had to deal with carrying inside of them for 6+ months. There are no women doing that, it's a freaking myth.
    You have to consider that something like 40% of the US population believes that the earth (and the universe, for that matter) is less than 10,000 years old...so no amount of statistics about abortion rates and timing is likely to change their dogmatic beliefs about the "irresponsible sluts who just want to murder their babies."