Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You can select Personal Loot for Legacy raid

Having ran old Kharazan for 7 weeks now. The tier token for the hands had refused to drop. Raised this in the battlenet GD, and were hit with conflicting comments, some say that legacy raid; +11 levels were automatically applied to the instance, and the drop rates are now based on the pool of loot based on the loot tables, it was also noted that you cannot select Personal loot at all.

Was playing as a Pal last night and under the char profile -> I selected RET; instead of the default rewards as RET (based on current spec), and the tier tokens dropped. Tried that with Naxx and Uldar, and the tier tokens were dropping as per reported by WOWhead.

Although I did see some cloth, mail and +intelligence mace/ trinkets dropping but 80% of the loot dropped belong to the RET spec.

Hope this post is helpful.

Was this mentioned in the patch notes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really thought about doing that when I would run old raids for transmog. I will have to check it out necxt time I'm subbed and running old stuff. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Having ran old Kharazan for 7 weeks now. The tier token for the hands had refused to drop. Raised this in the battlenet GD, and were hit with conflicting comments, some say that legacy raid; +11 levels were automatically applied to the instance, and the drop rates are now based on the pool of loot based on the loot tables, it was also noted that you cannot select Personal loot at all.

Was playing as a Pal last night and under the char profile -> I selected RET; instead of the default rewards as RET (based on current spec), and the tier tokens dropped. Tried that with Naxx and Uldar, and the tier tokens were dropping as per reported by WOWhead.

Although I did see some cloth, mail and +intelligence mace/ trinkets dropping but 80% of the loot dropped belong to the RET spec.

Sounds more like you got lucky than anything happened because you changed the setting, like holding Up and A to increase capture chances in Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    ... like holding Up and A to increase capture chances in Pokemon.
    You're telling me that didn't really increase the chance?!

Sounds more like you got lucky than anything happened because you changed the setting, like holding Up and A to increase capture chances in Pokemon.
    So far running Naxx / Uldar for 6 weeks yielded 3 tier tokens per run while Karazhan Curator 0 tier tokens.

The only way to know if it's really lucky is to run the same instance next week, with the same personal loot settings at "RET". Like I said, this wasn't reflected in the patch notes, since most comments on GD were = you can't change to personal loot in legacy raids as legacy loot is automatically applied. Will update.

This week, 06 May, Naxx/ Uldar= approx 6 tier tokens, Karazhan Curator 2 tier tokens.
    Last edited by torque6; 2019-05-05 at 04:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You might be right OP. Every week I do one raid for transmog on every class, after 4 chars (~around 12 bosses in Sunwell, Serpentshrine, Black Temple) I got at least 1 tier token EVERY time. I always picked up loot for spec I used.

Of course token is random, but it's still at least 33% that you'll drop tier for your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 4 shields in one kill on my priest on magtheridon last night....
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You might be right OP. Every week I do one raid for transmog on every class, after 4 chars (~around 12 bosses in Sunwell, Serpentshrine, Black Temple) I got at least 1 tier token EVERY time. I always picked up loot for spec I used.

Of course token is random, but it's still at least 33% that you'll drop tier for your class.
    I did old Karazhan again today. Select personal loot rewards for "Protection" and zone in. Cloth, wands, daggers were all dropping. Did Curator and indeed, no tier tokens at all, just a plate pants, a ring and a cloth pants. LIke MIc_128 quoted earlier in the thread, I was just lucky last week.

I have another 2 hours of game play left, so pretty much have decided to stop all transmog run all together. Wouldn't be adding more game time to the account. Seems pointless than I need to be "lucky" just to get tier sets with the current build, as if getting "lucky" with raid mounts wasn't enough, so much so the development team did this just to increase time played for players farming tier sets.

That's you getting lucky. The only time your loot specialization has anything to do with legacy raids if when you bonus roll. Say in the old days when there are agi cloaks for kitties and bears and int cloaks for resto and boom and one of each drop from the same boss. You can pick your loot spec and bonus roll to try for the one you want.

Seems nothing strange to me. It has always been this way, if you're lucky you get the token you want, otherwise not.

Sounds more like you got lucky[...] like holding Up and A to increase capture chances in Pokemon.
    Burn the heretic.

I mean if it was really 80/20 you can tell it's obviously not 100% and thus not a valid tactic.

you press and hold A when the ball hits the pokemon duh! You don't need to press up at all!.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    you press and hold A when the ball hits the pokemon duh! You don't need to press up at all!.
    was it gen 5 that introduced the crit capture? I miss pokemon

I have another 2 hours of game play left, so pretty much have decided to stop all transmog run all together. Wouldn't be adding more game time to the account. Seems pointless than I need to be "lucky" just to get tier sets with the current build, as if getting "lucky" with raid mounts wasn't enough, so much so the development team did this just to increase time played for players farming tier sets.
    If you were truly on personal loot you would have a 15% chance of getting any loot at all. In that 85% of the time you'd just get gold.

What you want is personal loot that also drops 5 items per boss, which would certainly be very convenient, but that isn't what legacy loot is supposed to do. It's supposed to work like before personal loot was a thing, the boss drops X items and they can be anything out of its pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you were truly on personal loot you would have a 15% chance of getting any loot at all. In that 85% of the time you'd just get gold.

What you want is personal loot that also drops 5 items per boss, which would certainly be very convenient, but that isn't what legacy loot is supposed to do. It's supposed to work like before personal loot was a thing, the boss drops X items and they can be anything out of its pool.
    yes, this was what my guildie explained to me. But don't forget, 15% to drop the tokens; and another 33.3% for that token for your class, so is definitely lower than 15% in any case. Legacy loot isn't new, since aug last year. No issue for me right now as I am subscribe by the hour. If blizzard wants to check how much time I've clocked using time play metric, it will be close to zero. I have that flexibility.

Oh you're in Asia? That's interesting. I can't imagine WoW is doing well in regions where people pay by the hour.

Dont you make me, i will stab you, dont you dare make up lies like pressing up and A dont make you catch more often!

I did old Karazhan again today. Select personal loot rewards for "Protection" and zone in. Cloth, wands, daggers were all dropping. Did Curator and indeed, no tier tokens at all, just a plate pants, a ring and a cloth pants. LIke MIc_128 quoted earlier in the thread, I was just lucky last week.

Lol what? Legacy loot gets you items and mogs way faster than personal loot. Try farming lfr loot if you want to know how fast personal loot would be to get mogs

Causation vs Correlation