i don't really see how nazjatar was deep enough under the ocean for some of the deep sea stuff that's already there, like those spikey shrimp.

if you look at the water wall, it's maybe, idk, 700ft high(someone take a 6ft human and do your math stuff)? like, that's around the depth of loch ness. it's not deep sea at all, really.

though idk, maybe i'm wrong. but i was always under the impression that the alien world of the deep ocean was way the fuck down there, like 2k feet at least.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really see how nazjatar was deep enough under the ocean for some of the deep sea stuff that's already there, like those spikey shrimp.

if you look at the water wall, it's maybe, idk, 700ft high(someone take a 6ft human and do your math stuff)? like, that's around the depth of loch ness. it's not deep sea at all, really.

though idk, maybe i'm wrong. but i was always under the impression that the alien world of the deep ocean was way the fuck down there, like 2k feet at least.
    Alien-looking sealife is indeed what you would find in the very deep ocean, but we're in a fantasy universe and they have to "sell" the zone to players. I mean, it's literally surrounded by a magical water wall. Bottom-of-a-loch wildlife isn't enough! There are parts that I absolutely love within Nazjatar, the ones with the naga architecture for example. This makes you feel like you're deep in the sea, even though you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Alien-looking sealife is indeed what you would find in the very deep ocean, but we're in a fantasy universe and they have to "sell" the zone to players. I mean, it's literally surrounded by a magical water wall. Bottom-of-a-loch wildlife isn't enough! There are parts that I absolutely love within Nazjatar, the ones with the naga architecture for example. This makes you feel like you're deep in the sea, even though you're not.
    yeah, true.

i feel like it's probably just another case of gameplay and lore not meshing. the zone itself is obviously bigger in lore than represented in game. if they made the wall any higher, it wouldn't mesh well with the overall size of the zone.

also, while those naga areas are cool and all, i am supremely disappointed in the lack of naga civilization. azshara and the highborne weren't some scrubs that'd be happy dwelling in what's basically mudhuts upgraded to coralhuts. these motherfuckers were royalty, nobility, and they've had 10k years to build a city worthy of that legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the same way i felt about argus too, i really wanted a magical city planet.

but we see in mac'aree that the draenei just lived in what's comparable to trailer park cities. some sad shit.

I just went back to Nazjatar on the PTR. The daylight is much more favorable to the zone than the night was when I first visited it. That and I am playing the Azshara theme in the background, it helps setting the mood. Still, they can make it all even better.

I just went back to Nazjatar on the PTR. The daylight is much more favorable to the zone than the night was when I first visited it. That and I am playing the Azshara theme in the background, it helps setting the mood. Still, they can make it all even better.
    Dominant Queen Azshara Pinup pics help get me in the mood! Let's just say she can be very... disciplinary. A strong, powerful and magical lady like that can really make you feel things you never knew were possible, or part of you... Maybe if things don't work out though, then there's always those Nightborne leaders... "cough" "cough" Arcanist Valtrois is a really feisty badass
    Last edited by Lights Vengeance; 2019-05-10 at 01:28 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I understand lamenting Nazjatar couldn't be its own little expansion zone in it's own expansion underwater but... considering the Vash'ir backlash I understand(Even if it annoys me). We can still appreciate Nazjatar for what it is.
    There is still underwater environtment in Nazjatar but most of it are passages and inside the palace.

They made Nazjatar feel like it goes down way deeper due to underwater caverns you swim through or access section of the raid
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-10 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the leak about?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you center the signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What was the leak about?
    i don't think the "leak" is true.

basically, level squish, ancient azeroth time travel, cosmetic 'classes' similar to allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think the "leak" is true.

basically, level squish, ancient azeroth time travel, cosmetic 'classes' similar to allied races.
    That sounds awful.

That sounds awful.
    Except for the cosmetic classes thing... that is something I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Dominant Queen Azshara Pinup pics help get me in the mood! Let's just say she can be very... disciplinary. A strong, powerful and magical lady like that can really make you feel things you never knew were possible, or part of you... Maybe if things don't work out though, then there's always those Nightborne leaders... "cough" "cough" Arcanist Valtrois is a really feisty badass
    All shall bow before the Queen.

What was the leak about?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you center the signature?
    You put the signature link between [ CENTER][/ CENTER] !

With the datamined female mechagnome dance, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes as an allied race.

So for 9.0, it will be Vulpera and Mechagnomes for sure. . . I'm hoping that they'll add Sethrak and Ankoan to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes
    I don't think you are using "nail in the coffin" right here, correct me if I'm wrong please, since english is not my native

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed, "nail in the coffin" obviously means that something is dead, what with the image of a coffin being nailed shut

This means that Mechagnomes as an allied race is a dead idea.
    Thanks! ^^

Indeed, "nail in the coffin" obviously means that something is dead, what with the image of a coffin being nailed shut

Sorry. Must be a colloquial misuse of the idiom that I got from my parents. We always used to use it to mean that the idea was set and that the "nail" was the thing that finalized the idea.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Isn't nail in a coffin something similar to "sealed deal or it's done for"?

10+ Year Old Account
    All shall bow before the Queen.

You put the signature link between [ CENTER][/ CENTER] !
    Thanks bae =)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    With the datamined female mechagnome dance, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes as an allied race.

So for 9.0, it will be Vulpera and Mechagnomes for sure. . . I'm hoping that they'll add Sethrak and Ankoan to that list.
    I am not much into the allied races, but I'll say that Vulpera and Mechagnomes don't seem like bad choices to me. I like that neither is close to the standard human (with variations of thin: elf, small: dwarf, big and kind of fat: kul tiran, etc) prototype. The more varied the species we can play are, the better. Although I understand difficulties with armor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not much into the allied races, but I'll say that Vulpera and Mechagnomes don't seem like bad choices to me. I like that neither is close to the standard human (with variations of thin: elf, small: dwarf, big and kind of fat: kul tiran, etc) prototype. The more varied the species we can play are, the better. Although I understand difficulties with armor, etc.
    I'm with this sentiment 100%. I've sometimes made jokes to the effect that there are Humans, stubby humans (dwarves), tall & skinny humans (elves), and tiny humans (gnomes).

10+ Year Old Account
    So when does 8.2 come out, and when do you think 8.2.5 will release as well?

So I know when to prepare for it...
    For the Horde!