Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=29156
    Honor's call HH exalted
    https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=29362
    Sun eater, Heroic Mechanar.

Notice the itemlevel difference.

Exalted rep item being replaced by a drop from a heroic dungeon?

https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=28749
    Item from the first raid. Whoa... look at that, a whole FIFTEEN itemlevel?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    That is false, now following me because you are again mad from before is not really helping making you look less than a fool but ok.
    Sure, jan. I linked some itemlevel comparisons for you.

you and maudib are wrong, been wrong, and will forever be wrong. I know it's annoying to be proven wrong but, yeah, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Clearly you didn't either. Because Sons of Hodir were go there kill X, go there collect Y. They are no different then the current world quests we have. There were rep reasons to do the reps at the start of the expansion as well. Many did them for the quick boost of gear. Or for profession items. So doing rep for rewarding rewards isn't gone either.
    Reposting for your benefit... clearly NOT go here kill X go there collect y.

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

No one.. and I mean no one, EVER used legion/BfA faction items for a "quick boost of gear" You ALWAYS could outgear those items from WQs/dungeons/chests/rares before you EVER got enough rep to buy anything from them.

In Wrath, the shoulder enchants were considered a raid requirement. You worked to get them because you couldn't click on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts and be bestowed them for your hard work of 47 seconds. Profession items? Professions are 100% compoletely dead and worthless. Have been for many expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.

Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.

Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

No one.. and I mean no one, EVER used legion/BfA faction items for a "quick boost of gear" You ALWAYS could outgear those items from WQs/dungeons/chests/rares before you EVER got enough rep to buy anything from them.

In Wrath, the shoulder enchants were considered a raid requirement. You worked to get them because you couldn't click on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts and be bestowed them for your hard work of 47 seconds. Profession items? Professions are 100% compoletely dead and worthless. Have been for many expansions.
    literally the first thing you posted you went to a cave and collected shit, are you dumb? Don't answer

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You had to take the Sons of Hodir quests as an example. I never felt so dirty doing quest in a video game. You forgot we had to Thrusting Hodir's Spear too.
    Ha ha ha! Yeah, Blizzard used to give some flavor and humor to the dailies. Unlike WQs where you just go to a spot, fill a bar, then loot drops in your bag. No chance for humor or flavor. No real attachment to the factions really either.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I can't really describe how bad is this comparison, not only because you pick itm lvl as comparison in TBC thinking it will be the same as wod-bfa, lets not take in count the secondary stats like HIT that could make it BIS no matter what.

But you are literally comparing : Exalting HH - Doing Mechanar HC - Going to Karazhan

to

Lets say : Exalting CoA for a 355 - Doing a M0 or a M+ on Day1 {of M+ release} - Doing Uldir NORMAL 355

This is quite Pathetic and Wrong, I really feel sorry for you.

I can't really describe how bad is this comparison, not only because you pick itm lvl as comparison in TBC thinking it will be the same as wod-bfa, lets not take in count the secondary stats like HIT that could make it BIS no matter what.

But you are literally comparing : Exalting HH - Doing Mechanar HC - Going to Karazhan

to

Lets say : Exalting CoA for a 355 - Doing a M0 or a M+ on Day1 {of M+ release} - Doing Uldir NORMAL 355

This is quite Pathetic and Wrong, I really feel sorry for you.
    You were able to get coa exalted in the first few weeks of the expansion before uldir launched.
    You weren't able to get 355 azerite until uldir launched.

you, just like maudib, have no idea what you're talking about but insist on being super loud about your ignorance.

Oh and, honor's call and king's defender both are defense/hit items. Kara was available day 1 of the expansion. You were able to get king's defender way earlier than you were able to get honor's call. Instead of grinding shattered halls for rep, you could....just go karazhan

Oh wow you must hate that I'm right, again
    Last edited by rohoz; 2019-05-09 at 07:28 PM.

WQs. You actually get to use the world the designers provided instead of 2 single spot for dailies.

Plus they are way more varied.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reposting for your benefit... clearly NOT go here kill X go there collect y. Polishing the Helm
    You have to kill viscious oils to collect enough oils. Because it isn't a world quest you then have to go back to the hub to "apply" and turn in. There are world quests that have more then one part.

You have to kill things and use an item. There are world quests that require tasks like that.

So you have to fight and use an item. There are world quests like that.

Kill X and loot Y.

Plenty of people use the rep items in BfA as an upgrade until they got something else. A lot of people wouldn't have quickly outpaced them at the start of the expansion. You could not always outgear those items.

So one example out of how many reps in WotLK? Professions in BfA are not 100% dead and worthless. Flasks? Food? Enchants? Gems?. They all still matter and have an impact. The gear crafting professions are of course of little use. Though Alts still benefit from the crafted BoE gear as a quick boost to get better gear from WQ's and Emissaries.

The Heart of Azeroth item level boost is similar to the Shoulder enchants. Of which you need one character to get the rep requirements. Sort of like a shoulder enchant being BoA. World quests are literally no different then dailies. You do X task and get a reward. Dailies were the same. The only difference is there are not themed or "one sub-zone" emissaries like with daily quests. They could work on that better. But you also have the advantage of completing two emissaries at the same time. (Tortollan + War effort, War effort + same faction zone, Tortollan+same faction zone).

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha ha! Yeah, Blizzard used to give some flavor and humor to the dailies. Unlike WQs where you just go to a spot, fill a bar, then loot drops in your bag. No chance for humor or flavor. No real attachment to the factions really either.
    Not all world quests are fill a bar. There is plenty of chance for humor or flavor. There is plenty of attachment to the factions. Killing turtles you were saving before isn't humor? Herding orphans is not flavor? Dispelling illusions of orphans has no flavor? Bird-bombing pirates has no flavor?

Literally the only difference between Hodir and current world quests is not having to go to an NPC to turn in or pick up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You have to kill viscious oils to collect enough oils. Because it isn't a world quest you then have to go back to the hub to "apply" and turn in. There are world quests that have more then one part.

You have to kill things and use an item. There are world quests that require tasks like that.

So you have to fight and use an item. There are world quests like that.

Kill X and loot Y.

Plenty of people use the rep items in BfA as an upgrade until they got something else. A lot of people wouldn't have quickly outpaced them at the start of the expansion. You could not always outgear those items.

So one example out of how many reps in WotLK? Professions in BfA are not 100% dead and worthless. Flasks? Food? Enchants? Gems?. They all still matter and have an impact. The gear crafting professions are of course of little use. Though Alts still benefit from the crafted BoE gear as a quick boost to get better gear from WQ's and Emissaries.

The Heart of Azeroth item level boost is similar to the Shoulder enchants. Of which you need one character to get the rep requirements. Sort of like a shoulder enchant being BoA. World quests are literally no different then dailies. You do X task and get a reward. Dailies were the same. The only difference is there are not themed or "one sub-zone" emissaries like with daily quests. They could work on that better. But you also have the advantage of completing two emissaries at the same time. (Tortollan + War effort, War effort + same faction zone, Tortollan+same faction zone).

- - - Updated - - -

Not all world quests are fill a bar. There is plenty of chance for humor or flavor. There is plenty of attachment to the factions. Killing turtles you were saving before isn't humor? Herding orphans is not flavor? Dispelling illusions of orphans has no flavor? Bird-bombing pirates has no flavor?

Literally the only difference between Hodir and current world quests is not having to go to an NPC to turn in or pick up.
    Arguing with someone with a nostalgiatard signature is a waste of your time. He's gonna push that narrative like a woman in labour.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You were able to get coa exalted in the first few weeks of the expansion before uldir launched.
    You weren't able to get 355 azerite until uldir launched.

you, just like maudib, have no idea what you're talking about but insist on being super loud about your ignorance.

Oh and, honor's call and king's defender both are defense/hit items. Kara was available day 1 of the expansion. You were able to get king's defender way earlier than you were able to get honor's call. Instead of grinding shattered halls for rep, you could....just go karazhan

Oh wow you must hate that I'm right, again
    No.

Look the link you posted one had dodge instead of hit.
    You don't even read your own resource.

Glad you are banned for your behaviour, come back when you grown up and a better knowledge of the game

Dailes were at least not the exact same quests that you did while leveling, because of that you didn't burn out on the leveling content as fast. The acquisition method for dailies was annoying though, in that regard world quests are preferable. World quests wouldn't be that bad it they didn't serve major functions each expansion, like giving major bonuses to the unfunny-points progressions. In the end to me the issue is simply the way Blizzard uses WQs that makes them unpleasant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look the link you posted one had dodge instead of hit.
    You don't even read your own resource.
    It is dumb to compare things in TBC because you could literally get crafted items and have them be best in slot for the rest or most of the expansion

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/BC_t...ment_(warrior)

Is just a random list I found. I have no idea to how accurate it is. But it lists even a late expansion rep item being worse then Karazhan loot. In TBC it all came down to luck and if the specific BiS item dropped or not. It wasn't a steady advancement in gear that came in later expansions. The itemization was horrible but there certainly were drops that were better then rep items and you could possibly get the better item before you hit the rep required to purchase an item.

This isn't to say that there were likely a lot of people that made use of rep gear because of the higher barrier to gear in but it wasn't something that remained useful for a while. It shouldn't either. Rep gear should be nice for the start of the expansion as a stepping stone or a "Bad luck" protection. Catch up mechanics should replace it. Though the rep gear in BfA certainly could have been better at revered rather then the cap exalted.

Rep gear is the same as profession gear. It has a short shelf life of usefulness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    The good thing about dailies is they would give 250 rep. World Quests tend to give less than half that amount.
    ^This so much

Quote Originally Posted by Trient View Post
    No reason to prefer Dailies over WQs. World Quests are simply the superior version of Dailies except the time you move to somewhere.

Emissaries and other rep things are debatable.
    World Quests are hot garbage (at a loss as to how you can even consider them to be superior to dailies).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, for me, I would prefer a return of the MoP style of dailies, i.e. the quests are tied to the region, the lore, and the representative faction. To me, MoP hit the daily system out of the park (excluding the August Celestials and Golden Lotus nonsense)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not talking about the daily cap of 20 that was removed.

I'm talking about how each hub only had a certain amount and that was it for the day. World quests refresh twice a day though I'm pretty sure, and have far more in a zone overall.
    Designed to keep you online grinding, and that's a part of the problem with modern WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    What did WQs replace? Cause individual quests as shown in Surumar still existed. WQs SHOULDN'T give out H raid gear as a reward, I agree. But that's not a WQ problem, that's a game design problem. The faction rewards haven't changed drastically between WQ and old dailies but the individual rewards have. If they went back to being gold only it would make them like old dailies, but then it also gets rid of the gear slot machine the designers have implemented. I hate it and wish they would change it next xpac or in a future patch.

Edited :P
    I could live with the Suramar system, but WQs need to be limited to once a day (I hate how they refresh all the damn time, and I would prefer to see them only show up if the emissary is there). Outside of that, I would prefer regular dailies that advance the narrative as we progress.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is level synching option?

Regarding FATEs i like the ""rng" of the event, you are doing your quest there and *puff* a FATE start right there where you are rather than opening the map and ofc the fact that is quite interesting for levelling.
    FATEs only happen in preset areas, they do that to make sure they don't interfere with people who are questing.

Level sync - You can not take part in FATEs that are too far below your level. When you level sync it brings your level down to match the FATE, you will only have access to the skills that you would have at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Congratulations, you are still irrelevant.

It's not "but its not far off". It's impossible to get to heroic OR mythic ilvlv using only world quests and emissaries. It's a very lucky thing to even manage to make it to normal level, because REWARDS SCALE WITH YOUR CURRENT ITEM LEVEL. You can't get a 400ilvl azeite gear from emissary UNLESS you are at 400 ilvl already. The design is not to give you straight progression, but to provide you with different traits you might now currently have and/or titan residuum.

You are stuck in the past. An item being purple, 'epic', call it whatever does NOT matter anyone. It hasn't mattered since WotlK. Stats matter. Passives matter. Traits matter. Item level matters. The fact that something is a 'rare' blue, epic 'purple' or legendary 'orange' means jack-shit at the end-game. You are still stuck in your vanilla WoW mentality of "if it's purple it's something you had to work for", which even back then wasn't true. There used to be lots of OP blue items, even greens.

You are literally a spoiled child. You played the beta for 10 mins, got bored, now the game sucks and that's a fact cuz you said it.
    Just, stay quiet and play your classic in august or whatever.
    You level from somethinglevel to 120. You will have approx. 20-25 k gold. You buy "low" level crafted and boe items. Then your WQs are scaled up. Tadamm. Don't pretend it's hard to gear up. Now gear up for WHAT? Yes, that's an excellent question. For normals at least. How long was gearing up for normals in MoP in the first 2 patches? In Cata - first 2 patches? Etc. Maybe in WoD even. Not days.
    Yes, in Cata when DS came out everyone and their mother bought full crafted 377 PvP blue gear and then you spammed the 3 Caverns of Time dungeons and LFR and that was it. In the last patch of the expansion.
    Remember when fast gearing up was spamming bgs for honor gear?
    I'm not saying the game should be hard or anything like that. But WQs give crazy amount of epics just to keep people occupied. Or rather the illusion of it. It's too much. Even a blind man can see it.
    And this is why we don't have normal factions. Because ilevels scale up from time to time so "no need" to add new factions, new zones/hubs with new ilevel gear rewards. It sucks.

I have never seen someone calling someone else a spoiled child because the supposed spoiled child wants "harder" rewards. Are yousure you know what you're talking about?

Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-10 at 12:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Edit: btw my "hobby" is dog and animal training in general and if you would just dip your toes into it you could see how you are literally trained to do stuff nowadays in wow. And I don't mean that knowing this, you can't enjoy the game anymore. Games are for fun, tools are necessary to keep people engaged. But devs usually hide it well with imemrsion and gameplay fun. Which is not the case anymore, not with these world quests and the garrison mission table back then.
    That is nothing new though. Games have always trained you to do things. MMO's have always been about giving you things to do so you stay subscribed. They way they have done it has changed over the years from low amounts but insanely hard/long. To shorter rewarding content now a days. It is a sign of the changing world at large.

WQ's are giving people an alternative to gearing up that is on their schedule. Epic's no longer mean anything in WoW and haven't for years. You don't always get a crazy amount of upgrades from WQ's. In fact you'll get very few upgrades once you get to a certain point and rely on emissary and other more limited paths.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    just the same spot and same quest 2 days apart instead of 1. Sometimes even less.

Polishing the Helm

Blowing Hodir's Horn

Feeding Arngrim

Hot and Cold

You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    What I liked about daily : They would, most of time, be in group of 3-4 quests in the same area, making it a better reward for the time traveled.

What I like about WQ :
    -Emissary, you can either no minimal stuff and get most of the reward, or non-life them and get about 50% more rept then someone who only do Emissary.
    -You can choose which type of quest and/or reward depending what your prefer

What I dislike about WQ : The damn % base quest. They could either give us more info on what give % and/or divide the amount needed by 2 or 4 so they are not as bad.
    Look at it this way. In the old world the quest might be: kill 10 trolls, smash 10 of their pots, kill 5 of them crawgs, and kill 2 named trolls. And all the pots are smashed by other players and none are up or guarded by tons of mobs so you have to wait or kill way more than you need to get to the pots. In the new system you're free to smash and kill anything and everything you see and you'll be done likely sooner than you would've been under the old way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You should do some World Quests before comparing them. Everything you listed here is compareable to some of the World Quests we have now.

Same shit, different story. In todays story you can choose among a greater variety than back in the day. You love classic don't you? And I mean that in a good way. Kill X and loot Y. It's the theme of vanilla WoW. Hey, it's the theme of WoW, 2004-2019. Nothing has really changed :P
    Classic didn't have dailies. Once you did the one-time quests there were no more to do, unless you liked turning in runecloth. We had the Skettis and Ogri'la once we could fly in BC, then the Netherwing once we unlocked fast flying, and we could only do a grand total of 10 of them per day. Then last patch of BC added the Isle of Quel'danas, about a dozen quests there and in Outland, and raised the cap to 25 a day where it remained until MoP.