Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.

Now comes Nazjatar.
    And you are telling me...i will now be able to be ilvl 430...without RNG...farming world content...everyday...for weeks?
    And then i need to go to Mechagon to farm weapons, rings and trinkets?
    And then i need to farm world content to unlock the neckpiece talents?

Man...seems like an adventure to me specially with warmode on.

Am i missing something important? Or is it really true that a casual player will have all this things to do?
    Seems dreamy.

It's the end of the expansion ( like timeless, argus, etc... ).

The new cap will be 425 ( the actual ) +30 = 455, so a 430 openworld is not a big deal ( also they would like to see the zones with many players ).

Currently with emissary and world quest you can achieve the same ( 400 out of 425, which has the same gap ) with timegate, but with a chance of warforged/titanforged, which can be better than ilvl 400.

Also remember that probably you will still have to do emissary or mythic or raid in order to collect azerite pieces, because there's a probability that head/shoulders/chest you are going to drop on the island won't have azerite traits. We will see.

The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.
    I don't understand that part. You have normal, heroic and mythic raids above LFR and mythic+ dungeons above mythic 0. Care to explain your thought more?

Higher ilvl let's you explore more difficult content, be it World, dungeon or pvp. It's nice that players can do a bit of anything to get gear so that they can do those things.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean in 5.2 you would get enough valor for a new item almost every week (close to 2 items every 3 weeks) and those items were just one tier below the best gear. I think Nazjatar operates under the same concept; you'll be able to get 430 gear for all the slots except weapons/trinkets/rings in about three months; it is possible however that the manapearl acquisition ends up much faster than valor was, especially if you do a lot of world pvp.
    For trinkets and rings there is a 420 cache you can grind for in Mechagon and you can grind for it reasonably fast (should be able to get one every three days or every two days with a LOT of grinding) but it is much more random so it may take a while to get what you want still easily under a month.
    Not sure about weapons. There are some weapon recipes for Pascal I think but no idea if they are high ilvl.
    I tier below =\= 1 difficulty below. It is absolutly insane that Vlizzard is giving away heroic loot for doing such mindless content.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I think you will probably be able to get around 2-5 pearls a day (casually/solo). This would make getting single pieces and their upgrades not too bad, but a full set would take some effort.

Probably 5, looking back. Too little and the task would be daunting, too much and it becomes trivial and insulting to those who raid.
    Most of you forget that those items are account bound. So you can farm pearls on another few more alts and send everhing to your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I don't understand that part. You have normal, heroic and mythic raids above LFR and mythic+ dungeons above mythic 0. Care to explain your thought more?

Higher ilvl let's you explore more difficult content, be it World, dungeon or pvp. It's nice that players can do a bit of anything to get gear so that they can do those things.
    he doesnt - because without 3000+ ret...rd.io you cannot do anything in this game anymore

therefore he is cheerfull he will have finally content to farm.

what is hard to understand here

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wouldn’t expect it to be fast. But it is nice to have a way to get gear that isn’t Mythic+ or raiding. And it gives people not interested in that content a long-term goal to work towards until 8.3 drops.

Who cares about the gear when the classes still suck ass ?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

According to @Puremallace the item level cap of 8.2 is 445.
    And Nazjatar gear is 430!!!!!
    I will finally not be at a big disadvantage in PvP!
    You aren't at a massive disadvantage with the way scaling works now anyway, but the farm will not be a short one, it has only just hit ptr but people are theorising the gear takes a fair bit of farming to grab one piece.

also no the Cap is 10 Ilvl above Mythic (which is 445) so the cap will be 455. Heroic Equiv is 430.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Most of you forget that those items are account bound. So you can farm pearls on another few more alts and send everhing to your main.
    If that's the case, then I REALLY don't see blizzard handing these out by the handfuls. Otherwise every casual/non-raider will be sitting at 430 gear in 2-3 weeks. And they need those people hanging around working on stuff.

Now comes Nazjatar.
    And you are telling me...i will now be able to be ilvl 430...without RNG...farming world content...everyday...for weeks?
    And then i need to go to Mechagon to farm weapons, rings and trinkets?
    And then i need to farm world content to unlock the neckpiece talents?

Man...seems like an adventure to me specially with warmode on.

Am i missing something important? Or is it really true that a casual player will have all this things to do?
    Seems dreamy.
    The only issue with Nazjatar right now seems to be that it kinda doesn't have any content. It's not packed with world quests and content as Argus was, but right now it's mostly empty.

That being said, that's pretty good. Contentwise BfA really doesn't offer anything long term for the casual players (=most players) beside low m+ keys. All of the content that's intended for most people becomes pointless after 1 week max.
    I have really enjoyed all of the MoP islands, Tanaan, Broken Shore and Argus and so I am excited for this as well.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-10 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The only issue with Nazjatar right now seems to be that it kinda doesn't have any content. It's not packed with world quests and content as Argus was, but right now it's mostly empty.

That being said, that's pretty good. Contentwise BfA really doesn't offer anything long term for the casual players (=most players) beside low m+ keys. All of the content that's intended for most people becomes pointless after 1 week max.
    I have really enjoyed all of the MoP islands, Tanaan, Broken Shore and Argus and so I am excited for this as well.
    Lets hope everything goes well.

What i want is
    -2 months of farm maximum
    -items to stay bind on account like in PTR

If this holds true...it will be a nice personal quest of mine
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-05-10 at 12:40 PM.

Imo the fact you can get Heroic raid gear from catch up this early tells me they are in need of a huge carrot to bring players back.

This won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Imo the fact you can get Heroic raid gear from catch up this early tells me they are in need of a huge carrot to bring players back.

This won't work.
    Ofc it wont work. Casual player base (i am talking about real casual player base not that entilted something) is not interested in this welfare system. Getting free gear for mindless task have 0 value to player. Getting free gear will never make you happy or keep playing game longer. People will just log in for month do bit 8.2 content and quit when afrter hitting their apathy towards gear which will be super fast and quit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Ofc it wont work. Casual player base (i am talking about real casual player base not that entilted something) is not interested in this welfare system. Getting free gear for mindless task have 0 value to player. Getting free gear will never make you happy or keep playing game longer. People will just log in for month do bit 8.2 content and quit when afrter hitting their apathy towards gear which will be super fast and quit again.
    It will work for me...

All i wanted was "something to do" everyday for a reward.
    430 ilvl gear will unlock me "power in duels" in front of Stormwind.

Seems perfect FOR ME. A crazy specific, very specific casual player.

It will work for me...

All i wanted was "something to do" everyday for a reward.
    430 ilvl gear will unlock me "power in duels" in front of Stormwind.

Seems perfect FOR ME. A crazy specific, very specific casual player.
    Yes becouse you are that part of entilted casual audience. But this part of community was never majority.

It's better to have a clear progression path that you do at your own pace without having to sacrifice important time.

What would you call me then?

There are, absolutely, several types of casuals.
    Im one type of it.
    There are several many more. "Skilled casual" is one of them. Specially with interaction with a Guild or Community.
    Casual can mean someone who plays alot but only does simple none hard stuff or it can also mean barely plays but does hard stuff im more in the alot of time but likes easy stuff categoary people forget that somtimes.

I am excited too OP, the new zones actually look half decent regardless of the downers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Casual can mean someone who plays alot but only does simple none hard stuff or it can also mean barely plays but does hard stuff im more in the alot of time but likes easy stuff categoary people forget that somtimes.
    Casual can also mean you like a little bit of everything.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am excited too OP, the new zones actually look half decent regardless of the downers.
    Imho the reason it looks weird to some people that place was ment to be under water but people bitched about it in the past

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thats very true as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechagon does.

Naz looks godawful imo.