10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes - May 9th, Budding Deepcoral, Blizzcon Ticket AXS Pass Exchange

Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes - May 9th, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Player versus Player
    • Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Resolved an issue that prevented Lava Burst from dealing damage to targets that were not in line of sight of the Shaman at the time of the spell's impact.

Items
    • Sinister Gladiator's Maledict now immediately displays a new additional debuff on players targeted by the trinket's spell indicating when they will be struck by its damage and healing absorb effects.

Patch 8.2 PTR - Nazjatar Budding Deepcoral Item
    Recently, the Budding Deepcoral was added to the PTR, allowing you to ride your underwater mounts like normal mounts in Nazjatar. This item costs 5 Prismatic Manapearl and can be purchased from the same vendors that sell the Benthic Gear in Nazjatar. The item is consumed on use and doesn't provide any indication that the item is active. It persists through log outs, but is removed the moment you leave Nazjatar and must be repurchased to use again.

Official Blizzcon AXS Pass Exchange
    The second wave of Blizzcon ticket sales sold out yesterday, and Blizzard made a post linking to the official location on AXS where you can transfer or exchange tickets. Some things to note:

• If you purchased BlizzCon 2019 passes, you can permanently transfer them to your friends and family before August 25 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
    • Official Pass Resale is the place to buy and sell BlizzCon Passes from fans for fans. Highlights of using the Official Pass Exchange include:
      • Passes bought through the Official Pass Exchange are always authentic.
      • Fair prices, no hidden fees, guaranteed.
    • You can safely buy tickets here, but keep in mind that there is no limit to the price that sellers can ask for their tickets. There are legit requests among many high ones.
    • Sellers and buyers are subject to extra reselling fees and taxes.

I never understood this resell thing.
    Just sell the tickets with name, address and when they show up for the event with the ticket ask them to show their ID card or passport too ... So people who want to resell the tickets cannot do that anymore. Phatetic, greedy sh*ty company.

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    Just sell the tickets with name, address and when they show up for the event with the ticket ask them to show their ID card or passport too ... So people who want to resell the tickets cannot do that anymore. Phatetic, greedy sh*ty company.
    It's to stop the huge resale market. Ever try to buy tickets for a major concert? They sell out nearly instantly and are all resold for huge markup. I wish all tickets were nontransferable.

Here we go with again with "hands on air" mounts. That Kul Tiran looks more than silly on those mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    Except you can't ID check thousands of people, the queues would be never-ending and last for hours.

This resell thing ticks me off, should be none transferable to another person. But you should be able to sell them back to blizzard in the event something happens. Blizzard could then resell themselves not marking up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I love how Blizzard makes items like this, that are ridiculous, but I can't transmog my cloth robe into a leather robe I have because of muh immersion.
    i know is a bother, but it make sense that you cant transmog cloth to leather or mail or plate, it destroy all sense of having dif type of armor.

No game i know from ESO or SWTOR let you do something like that.

Plus how fucking wierd will be to see a mage running around in full plate armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    This resell thing ticks me off, should be none transferable to another person. But you should be able to sell them back to blizzard in the event something happens. Blizzard could then resell themselves not marking up the price.
    i know is stupid, but it happen to any major convention concert event. We tent to be greedy as humans

There is a lot of cases where not being able to transfer tickets also destroys the enjoyment of normal people. Many people wouldn't want to go alone, so they buy for multiple people. Sure, they could enter the name right away during the order and thats that. But what if someone drops out? Just give the ticket back and go alone instead? Thats no fun. Why can't I get my other friend to go with me?

There is always problems that are created when you remove more freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    There is a lot of cases where not being able to transfer tickets also destroys the enjoyment of normal people. Many people wouldn't want to go alone, so they buy for multiple people. Sure, they could enter the name right away during the order and thats that. But what if someone drops out? Just give the ticket back and go alone instead? Thats no fun. Why can't I get my other friend to go with me?

Then make this transfer but force it sold at retail, all this does is legitimize scalping.

Transfer (even to friends) through this website and make it cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

As i said you should be able to sell them back to blizzard (refund), not another person. Blizzard could then go on and resell them not a 3ed party for inflated prices. The only people to loose would be 3ed party sellers trying to make a quick buck.

As i said you should be able to sell them back to blizzard, not another person. Blizzard could then go on and resell them not a 3ed party for inflated prices.
    That doesn't help me, that now has to go alone (or not at all), or my friend, that I might have given the ticket to.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    i know is a bother, but it make sense that you cant transmog cloth to leather or mail or plate, it destroy all sense of having dif type of armor.

Plus how fucking wierd will be to see a mage running around in full plate armor.

- - - Updated - - -

i know is stupid, but it happen to any major convention concert event. We tent to be greedy as humans
    FF14 has very loose rules for Glamour.

Also, you can already see a Mage running around in Full Plate Armor. Have you never seen the Stormwind Armor transmog set?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

Also, you can already see a Mage running around in Full Plate Armor. Have you never seen the Stormwind Armor transmog set?
    Exactly.

Wouldn't invalidate the need for bloody armor types at all lol since armor still has one use of the 5% primary stats from wearing a full set of the right armor for your class.

Seriously there's no excuse why I can't wear plate on my mage when I have a lot more freedom in other games.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Um, you're wrong.

SWTOR does allow you to cover up your armor, with anything else, via the wardrobe options. It didn't LAUNCH that way, but the limitations were dropped a few years back. My Sith can wear her leather armor all the time, and via wardrobe window - put a slave girl-half-lingerie on display over it and go PVP. The only restriction is, like WoW transmog, only green and above items can be used. Also like WoW, you can't transmog a lightsaber into a gun.

TESO allows you to cover up your armor, via dressing room, with everything else. You just have to learn the motif (receipie) for the gear and you can wear it at any time. TESO also allows you to replace your weapons with any OTHER weapon of the same hand-type. So while Bows are only transmogged to bows - any 1h can be transmogged to ANY other 1h (so your sword can be a hammer or an ax or a dagger). So they allow some weapon transmog but you can't make your bow into a staff. TESO never had armor related restrictions with their wardrobe system.

So actually - while some games do still have some restrictions, like WoW, on "transmogging" (or whatever term) - the two games you actually mentioned - actually allow exactly that. My TESO Nightblade, leather wearing, khajit is right now running around with an "old cloth robe" look.

As a WoW Hunter- it just really ticks me off that Hunters were never allowed to TMOG both leather/mail - even though they could only equip leather for the first 40 levels. (Back when it was a thing...).

I get why Blizz keeps the type restrictions on TMOG because in this game - they've always wanted to be able to identify the class by the set/look. I just don't like it and wish they'd give it up. No one really cares that the mage is wearing plate if the mage doesn't have the plate stats. Let the mage wear plate (battlemages are a thing...). But I get their continuing to stand by their original intent.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2019-05-10 at 03:38 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

$135 extra charge to buy 2x tickets?
    fuck blizzard and fuck that exchange

Im not gonna visit a Guantanamo-like convention where every step i do is tracked and recorded. So happy that Blizzard made me not caring about them anymore before they announced that they would use AXS app so i never even thought about installing and and saved so much trouble and my personal data.... THanks Blizzard for making me hate you before i actually fell your trap because i would trust you blindly 5years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

They're tied to jobs and discipline. Some sets are usable by all jobs. There's still a hard restriction on weapons.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-05-11 at 09:36 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love how you need a special item to use underwater mounts in Nazjatar. Can somebody explain to me why Azshara's diabolical plan involved removing all the unbreathable ocean and the insane deep sea pressure that would crush player characters? Or why the most powerful mage needs the Tidestone to pull it off?
    Last edited by Wangming; 2019-05-13 at 11:27 AM.