7+ Year Old Account
    Not really cinematic, but I think it belongs here
    Two new series based on Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are coming to Disney’s new subscription service, the company announced today in its first look at Disney+. The series, one called WandaVision and another called Falcon and Winter Soldier, don’t have a release date at this time.

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige confirmed the previously reported series during a Disney investors meeting today. WandaVision will focus on Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany), presumably focusing on their relationship with one another. Falcon and Winter Solider will follow the two Avengers comrades a little deeper than what fans have seen from the MCU movies, Feige confirmed. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are set to reprise their respective roles in the show.

Both WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier join previously confirmed MCU live action series heading to Disney+. One miniseries is based on Loki, the popular villain who made his debut in Thor, and the other is based on Hawkeye. Both Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Renner are set to reprise their respective roles.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/11/1...eaming-service

Marvel Studios plans to reveal one of its characters is gay

Filmmakers Joe and Anthony Russo said on EW Morning Live that a character will be revealed as gay in an upcoming film, and they suggested it’s a person fans already know.

Last summer, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said two openly gay characters would be revealed: “Both ones you’ve seen and ones you haven’t seen.”

If Joe Russo’s character is the one we hadn’t seen before, the question remains who among the characters we know will come out.

“There is a gay character coming up in one of their films, and I think Kevin will make that announcement, I’m sure pretty soon,” Joe said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... There are a number of openly gay Marvel characters, a few of whom I believe are already in the MCU, not sure why it needs a 'reveal' though... Unless they're saying that they're going to change one of the usually straight characters... which seems silly, due to to previously mentioned large numbers of openly gay Marvel characters.

Also, pretty sure that whoever the character is, they'll be in The Eternals. My money is on Herc.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh... There are a number of openly gay Marvel characters, a few of whom I believe are already in the MCU,.
    Is that Runaways series that aired on...Hulu or whatever part of the MCU? I don't think it is, and if not, I don't think any of the openly gay characters are in the MCU. There's not that many to begin with AFAIK, and the ones I know of, outside of the Runaways(if they count) aren't in the MCU yet. Let me see there, there were a lot of gay and bisexual characters in Young Avengers(especially Kieron Gillian's run) with Hulking, Wiccan, and America Chavez being gay and Loki, Noh-varr, and Prodigy being bisexual. Northstar of Alpha Flight is gay, from the X-books Karma and Anole are gay, some version of Iceman is gay, and I think I heard that Shatterstar and Rictor are either gay or bisexual but I can't swear to it. From The Runaways, Nico Minoru is bi and Karolina Dean is gay, and the skrull she was dating, Xavin, took the form of a female to date her(after initially taking the form of a male, so I don't know what they count as). Then there's Hercules who is also bisexual. There may be some others, but these are the ones I've encountered in my readings of various Marvel books. And of these, none of them are in the MCU except for MAYBE the Runaways, and I'm pretty sure they're not considered part of the MCU.

It sounds like they're going to reveal one of the established MCU characters as gay, though rather they mean a major character like Bucky or a smaller character like Coulson is unclear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel has loads of gay characters in the Marvel comic universe. A lot of them are in the X-Men alone. Shatterstar, Rictor, Anole, Northstar, Mercury, Bling and recently 'made gay' (because it was so badly forced) Iceman :P

I know Moondragon is Lesbian, so it could be her, I know Marvel are planning a movie with her in it.

Angela who is associated with the Guardians of the Galaxy is lesbian.

Hulkling and Wiccan are also gay

With as many LGBT characters Marvel has, it's only right they get a fair take in movie form. although I cnanot wait for the usual "DEM SJW ARE RUINING MOVEIZZZ" Can you people let the gay community have something! jesus.

The thing I hate is that they got to 'announce it; you know that alone is for PR. While I think it's great I gotta deal with the usual "forced diversity' BS this forum spews, while on the other side I gotta deal with 'you don;t like it because your a bigot, evil straight white male' behaviour... Man I just wanna watch some movies, I dont care what the sexuality.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-09 at 02:52 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    With as many LGBT characters Marvel has, it's only right they get a fair take in movie form. although I cnanot wait for the usual "DEM SJW ARE RUINING MOVEIZZZ" Can you people let the gay community have something! jesus.

The thing I hate is that they got to 'announce it; you know that alone is for PR. While I think it's great I gotta deal with the usual "forced diversity' BS this forum spews, while on the other side I gotta deal with 'you don;t like it because your a bigot, evil straight white male' behaviour... Man I just wanna watch some movies, I dont care what the sexuality.
    In fairness to the Russo brothers, it came up based on questions in an interview rather than it being an official announcement, but I get what you're saying.

To a certain degree its a bit chicken and egg. As long as people keep making a big deal about people's sexuality, it will keep being treated like a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    In fairness to the Russo brothers, it came up based on questions in an interview rather than it being an official announcement, but I get what you're saying.

To a certain degree its a bit chicken and egg. As long as people keep making a big deal about people's sexuality, it will keep being treated like a big deal.
    I do wonder if they are making a big deal out of their sexuality or a big deal that they are preaching it is a big deal? Do you think there would be outrage if there was no announcement or marketing and it was just added, all of the diversity outrage has stemmed from announcing of said diversity over the movie actually having it.

Playing devils advocate for a sec, maybe they are more annoyed that these companies won't shut up about there being diversity and less about the show having diversity. Like would they care if the show features two openly gay heroes or a female hero, if there wasnt so much hoha about it.

Look at Captain Marvel compared to Alita: Battle Angel, Captain Marvel was preached to death like it was the first ever female hero or something and they were hammering it home like mad then Briw Larson made those comments, comments I couldn't care less about, and it caused people to just be pissed off, (I actually liked the movie I thought it was okay). Meanwhile Alita, had a female hero, and was released without hardly any criticism compared to Captain Marvel, and no one batted an eyelid. Its the equivalent of a child banging a drum right next to you while you suffer from a splitting headache lol. It;s not the childs fault, he's just a child, but you really hate the drum,

/end devils advocate

To be fair I know how that feels. back in the early 90's kids shows and TV were hammering in the whole save the rain forest shit that I wanted to take a bloody flamethrower to every rain forest by the end. Captain Planet, Ferngully, Smoggies, Once Uon a Forrest... I mean good god even one oft he eariler sonic the hedgehog cartoons had a subtle message about saving the environment. lol.

Thats not to say that there are not people out there that are legit racist ass hats and actual sexist and homophobic pigs, I am sure you'll get those regardless.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-09 at 04:00 PM.

Eh... There are a number of openly gay Marvel characters, a few of whom I believe are already in the MCU, not sure why it needs a 'reveal' though... Unless they're saying that they're going to change one of the usually straight characters... which seems silly, due to to previously mentioned large numbers of openly gay Marvel characters.

Also, pretty sure that whoever the character is, they'll be in The Eternals. My money is on Herc.
    If I had to guess they are going to go with Captain Marvel as being openly gay. That or Valkyrie.

I don't think any of the current openly gay marvel characters are that interesting. I think the biggest one would be Iceman but even that was handled disastrously. I could be wrong though, Captain Marvel isn't that interesting in the comics and was the co-villain of civil war 2 and they managed to get a decent movie out of her.

I do wonder if they are making a big deal out of their sexuality or a big deal that they are preaching it is a big deal? Do you think there would be outrage if there was no announcement or marketing and it was just added, all of the diversity outrage has stemmed from announcing of said diversity over the movie actually having it.
    Do I think there would still be outrage, yes? But I do think it would be less because those who seek to be outraged by these things would have less time to wind themselves up ahead of the film.

Playing devils advocate for a sec, maybe they are more annoyed that these companies won't shut up about there being diversity and less about the show having diversity. Like would they care if the show features two openly gay heroes or a female hero, if there wasnt so much hoha about it.

Look at Captain Marvel compared to Alita: Battle Angel, Captain Marvel was preached to death like it was the first ever female hero or something and they were hammering it home like mad then Briw Larson made those comments, comments I couldn't care less about, and it caused people to just be pissed off, (I actually liked the movie I thought it was okay). Meanwhile Alita, had a female hero, and was released without hardly any criticism compared to Captain Marvel, and no one batted an eyelid. Its the equivalent of a child banging a drum right next to you while you suffer from a splitting headache lol. It;s not the childs fault, he's just a child, but you really hate the drum,

/end devils advocate
    You've definitely got a point here. I guess my thing is that folks should be able to separate PR efforts, individual actors' opinions, and film content from each other. Folks can of course choose to allow their issues with one influence the others, but often it seems more like people just conflate all of it or use one as an excuse to crap on another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

You've definitely got a point here. I guess my thing is that folks should be able to separate PR efforts, individual actors' opinions, and film content from each other. Folks can of course choose to allow their issues with one influence the others, but often it seems more like people just conflate all of it or use one as an excuse to crap on another.
    100% agree :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Is that Runaways series that aired on...Hulu or whatever part of the MCU?
    I think it's MCU Adjacent, like the MarvelFlix stuff. So it's TECHNICALLY part of the MCU, and they might reference each other a bit, but you're never going to see any actual crossover, between the two.

But yeah, Nico was one of the main people I was thinking of, as a gay MCU character. Her and Valkyrie I think are the main contenders for "Current" MCU LGBTW characters, with two or three that are set to be added soon, that are as well(Herc, Bobby Drake, and then Moondragon and/or Phyla Vell, who are apparently going to be in GoTG Vol 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If I had to guess they are going to go with Captain Marvel as being openly gay. That or Valkyrie.
    My money is on Valkyrie now, then Herc is by and Ice Man will be gay when he's added.

I mostly want Valk to be gay, because I cannot WAIT for the rage whena gay black woman becomes Thor...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

But yeah, Nico was one of the main people I was thinking of, as a gay MCU character. Her and Valkyrie I think are the main contenders for "Current" MCU LGBTW characters, with two or three that are set to be added soon, that are as well(Herc, Bobby Drake, and then Moondragon and/or Phyla Vell, who are apparently going to be in GoTG Vol 3).
    Nico is bi, and is even hesitant to admit that much(and has expressed a lot more interest in men than women overall). Karolina is openly lesbian, so if you were gonna pick one, Karolina seems a more obvious choice than Nico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Marvel Studios plans to reveal one of its characters is gay

Filmmakers Joe and Anthony Russo said on EW Morning Live that a character will be revealed as gay in an upcoming film, and they suggested it’s a person fans already know.

Last summer, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said two openly gay characters would be revealed: “Both ones you’ve seen and ones you haven’t seen.”

If Joe Russo’s character is the one we hadn’t seen before, the question remains who among the characters we know will come out.

“There is a gay character coming up in one of their films, and I think Kevin will make that announcement, I’m sure pretty soon,” Joe said.
    I can't wait for people to start complaining about this one. I hope one is a lady. Gay men characters are becoming cliche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post

I don't think any of the current openly gay marvel characters are that interesting. I think the biggest one would be Iceman but even that was handled disastrously. I could be wrong though, Captain Marvel isn't that interesting in the comics and was the co-villain of civil war 2 and they managed to get a decent movie out of her.
    Hold up, why did I already assume Valkyrie was gay? Like I recall hearing that somewhere and it wasn't referring to the actress who plays her.

Captain Marvel seems asexual or not looking to me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hold up, why did I already assume Valkyrie was gay? Like I recall hearing that somewhere and it wasn't referring to the actress who plays her.
    I'm not really sure why you would, the overt sexual angle between her and Banner/Hulk was pretty frikken obvious. I mean, unless we're just going to discount Ragnarock as a movie.
    Captain Marvel seems asexual or not looking to me.
    I know she had a straight romance WAY back in one of her early reboots. But I DGAF who she wants to bone really, or who anyone wants to bone really. Hawkeye is the only one whose orientation actually mattered IMO (ya know, his family, sorry Tony, Hawkeye did "family matters" first).

$5 says it's someone pointless, like Korg.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I'm not really sure why you would, the overt sexual angle between her and Banner/Hulk was pretty frikken obvious. I mean, unless we're just going to discount Ragnarock as a movie.

I know she had a straight romance WAY back in one of her early reboots. But I DGAF who she wants to bone really, or who anyone wants to bone really. Hawkeye is the only one whose orientation actually mattered IMO (ya know, his family, sorry Tony, Hawkeye did "family matters" first).

In here flash back sequence (in Ragnarock) she seeems to mourne one other female in patricular. Got a strong love connection vibe from that scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
    In here flash back sequence (in Ragnarock) she seeems to mourne one other female in patricular. Got a strong love connection vibe from that scene.
    Yeah. Thats why I think I got it from. I was like, well I guess she's gay. and kept it moving.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Nico is bi, and is even hesitant to admit that much(and has expressed a lot more interest in men than women overall). Karolina is openly lesbian, so if you were gonna pick one, Karolina seems a more obvious choice than Nico.
    I was going mostly by the show (I've not read the comics) where she's basically only been interested in Kat. Is the comic worth reading? I know it's Bendis...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just don’t see Valk being in anything coming up. And I’m pretty sure she’s bi, not gay.
    Talking about Tessa Valkyrie, who doesn't seem to be ANYTHING yet (although I was getting vibes from her and Hulk in Ragnarok), so they've got plenty of space to do what they want with her. I could see them making her bi, though. Throw in mentions of a girlfriend in the past, maybe have her flirt with Scarlet Witch a bit... But then have her hook up with Thor, because they've written out his love interest but need a romance subplot.

I was going mostly by the show (I've not read the comics) where she's basically only been interested in Kat. Is the comic worth reading? I know it's Bendis....
    In the series, Nico has had feelings towards Karolina that she's been confliced about, but hasn't ever seemed interested in other girls, and has been more interested in guys for the most part. And no, Bendis is not involved with the comics. The original run was by Brian K Vaughn and is well worth reading. Current run is enjoyable as well, but definitely not on the level of the original.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I know she had a straight romance WAY back in one of her early reboots.

Carol's had several straight romances in the comics. At one point her and Peter Parker were dating. And Korg actually is gay in the comics as well so you may be right on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original run was by Brian K Vaughn and is well worth reading.
    Wait, Vaughn wrote it? Shit, that's all you had to say! Love that guy... brb, picking up the TPB.

Cut scene means it never happened. It's like the people that say Loki was right, because in a cut scene from Thor 1 he was made King of Asgard. In the scenes that were actually IN the movie, she had a bit of heat with Hulk, and Thor, but it was never more than fun flirty banter. So they could really go either way with her.

Or, apprently. Both ways!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Tessa has confirmed that although the scene was cut the character is bi.
    Mmkay. I guess we'll have to see if that goes anywhere, or is just backstory.