Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Are Millennials Irrelevant?

Millennials are now adults. Their reign of terror is coming to an end. What have they achieved and who is to blame for their lack of progress. Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives? Can we trust Gen Z? Are they absolute losers like Millennials or do they actually have a plan for life that isn't "blame everyone else for their situation and scab off the government" tactic. Anecdotal evidence. We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's. Much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

22 year olds are also millennial, I think you should go back and fire the guy who hired your first batch of millennial employees. I own multiple businesses and contrary to anecdotal evidence the average millennial works harder and is more flexible then older employees, but then again that's to be expected and has been the case for a very long time with younger people entering the workforce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Millennials are now adults.
    They have been now for at least the past 15 years

Their reign of terror is coming to an end. What have they achieved and who is to blame for their lack of progress.
    What have you specifically achieved as it relates to what you are placing on an entire group of random individuals. As for Millennial's in particular many have contributed quit a bit. Especially considering coming from me an X'er Millennial's have literally been given more shit than just about any and every generation previously. Mostly based on the same sad pronouncements.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Millennial's either, but they are no more or less fucked up than any other generation, they just tended to be the ones popular to fucking blame.

Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives?
    Well attitudes like this are real helpful

Can we trust Gen Z?
    What exactly is the fetish, and who cares, and if they are given the same kind of encouragement as millennial's they will fair out the same.

Are they absolute losers like Millennials or do they actually have a plan for life that isn't "blame everyone else for their situation and scab off the government" tactic. Anecdotal evidence. We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's. Much better.
    Or OR they could simply make shit up that some did, while most didn't take credit for it, then try to pawn it off on upcoming generations that some how they were fucking greater than they really were.

As for firing a bunch of 30+ for 22 Year old's I am pretty sure none whatever they achieve or don't has equally nothing to do with you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You can be relevant to the world no matter what your age is. If you're the type of person to put an entire generation of people into the same "irrelevant" category based on their age alone, then you are more than likely far too stupid to be of actual relevance to humanity.

That being said, anyone younger than me is stupid and anyone older than me is a tryhard.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

lol how old are you? Every generation says that about the generation that comes after.

Worry about your own life.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-10 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Millennials are now adults. Their reign of terror is coming to an end. What have they achieved and who is to blame for their lack of progress. Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives? Can we trust Gen Z? Are they absolute losers like Millennials or do they actually have a plan for life that isn't "blame everyone else for their situation and scab off the government" tactic. Anecdotal evidence. We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's. Much better.
    Who is we, the McDonalds you work at?

Cool story, bro.

I've always found it funny how much shit millennials get on this forum...comprised almost exclusively of millennials.

Are you that old guy on his front lawn yelling and shaking his fist at the clouds?

Millennials are always irrelevant and will always expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter while racking up debt buying shit they don't need and then complain how they cannot afford housing.

Millenials are what, 18-38 now? So their just getting to the point where the younger end of the spectrum is making up the incoming part of the workforce (for example those 22-year-olds your so happy with) and the older end is moving into positions where they're taking charge of things. Rather than becoming irrelevant we are moving towards the point where millennials become the dominant age range in the work force.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Millennials are always irrelevant and will always expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter while racking up debt buying shit they don't need and then complain how they cannot afford housing.
    Where does this come from?

Everything on a silver platter racking up debt is an oxymoron.

last generation got to make a normal living working typical jobs while going to university and paying for it because it used to cost like 1-2k a year.

This generation has seen negative wage growth, and schools that used to be 1-2k literally now are 15-25k a year so they must rack up debt.

This generation also buys less literally millenials buy less because they can't afford as much which is why you see headlines millenials are killings x no they're not killing anything they just don't have fucking money.

Millennials are literally less the consumer than prior generations so where are you getting your bullshit from?

Stuff being "irrelevant" is a very millennial trope. Is there something you would like to share with us OP?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is irrelevant.

I'm sure millennials will be like any other age group. Some winners and a whole lot of losers.

7+ Year Old Account
    We're they ever relevant. They won't be relevant until the start hitting retirement age and start doing what a great many old folks do. Start voting in higher numbers to keep the gubment out of their medicare and SS.

Most Millennials have been adults (or some stage of adolescence) since Bush Jr. Anyone born after 1996 is a part of Generation Z, the so-called smartphone generation.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-05-10 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    22 year olds are also millennial
    I think my favorite part about the people who spend their time bitching about millennials is that they don't actually know the age they fall into .

Being 20 years old in the year 2000 is the sweet spot. That means people born around 1980.

Baby boomers are just as relevant as mellenials. One generation is just as important as the next.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Most Millennials have been adults (or some stage of adolescence) since Bush Jr. Anyone born after 1996 is a part of Generation Z, the so-called smartphone generation.
    Even Wikipedia gives conflicting results on this...

Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y, are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years. Wikipedia
    Generation Z or Gen Z, also known by a number of other names, is the demographic cohort after the Millennials. Demographers and researchers typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years. There is little consensus regarding ending birth years. Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Even Wikipedia gives conflicting results on this...
    I tend to place people born in the late 90s as Gen Z. At least in terms of media exposure and pop culture, they're a lot closer to the early 2000s than to the 80s or early 90s, but yeah, it's subjective to a degree.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-05-10 at 02:54 PM.