10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Miqo'te ears are a precious treasure that must be protected. XD
    True but I wish they could do it in more style.
    @Faroth: that video is awesome.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2019-05-10 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As big as a catgirl fan that I have been since 1995, I like the bunneh women just as much and will be using a fantasia day one. If I don't find that great I can always return to the ol catbox.

I hope there is a floppy ear option as well...
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly for being an MMO the questing system is pretty shit for it... Tried playing FFXIV with a friend and leveling with him and it's so annoying to try and play together. SWTOR is just as story focused, but is great to play together with another player, so there's really no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Honestly for being an MMO the questing system is pretty shit for it... Tried playing FFXIV with a friend and leveling with him and it's so annoying to try and play together. SWTOR is just as story focused, but is great to play together with another player, so there's really no excuse.
    It's kind of perplexing how they balance story content and solo content, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the "solo instances" are a bit annoying if you try to play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah the "solo instances" are a bit annoying if you try to play together.
    They're also a bit annoying if you try to play at launch lol.

I was already considering changing to Hrothgar, but the look in the live letter really caught my eye. Will have to wait for the benchmark for final thoughts.

It was highly unlikely young characters would be implemented, but it's still disappointing how rarely games allow you to make one, because of "violence against children" tsk tsk, or the lewd screenshots that would release. You already have slutmogs and Lalas, why draw the line there? Then again, Western sensibilities. Sighs. Also reminds me of how rarely you can play an old character (> 50/60) in games. Just wish that there was more variety for character choices in games in general.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-05-11 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was already considering changing to Hrothgar, but the look in the live letter really caught my eye. Will have to wait for the benchmark for final thoughts.

It was highly unlikely young characters would be implemented, but it's still disappointing how rarely games allow you to make one, because of "violence against children" tsk tsk. Also brings to mind the lack of older characters too. Just not a fan of 90% of protagonists being some big, buff, angsty guy between their mid twenties and their forties.
    To be fair Yoshi saying that about the young/child race options was him basically telling the "questionable" roleplayers (you know the ones I mean) to fuck off basically.

Which is good of course.

Heads up to those about the benchmark btw. If you could run Stormblood fine you'll run Shadowbringers fine since there isn't going to be a huge graphical change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair Yoshi saying that about the young/child race options was him basically telling the "questionable" roleplayers (you know the ones I mean) to fuck off basically.

Which is good of course.

Heads up to those about the benchmark btw. If you could run Stormblood fine you'll run Shadowbringers fine since there isn't going to be a huge graphical change.
    Yep seen tons of people wanting Shota bunnies basically for the male version so its definitely thing people really want for those reasons.

Also with the benchmark I hope we get a surprise DX12 option or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    Yep seen tons of people wanting Shota bunnies basically for the male version so its definitely thing people really want for those reasons.

Also with the benchmark I hope we get a surprise DX12 option or something like that
    Doubt it. If they were doing DX12 they would have announced it at a Fanfest.

DX9 support is gone though so it does leave them room to hopefully optimise the 11 client.

you know an expansions over when i've got nothing left to level and i'm thinking about trying Big Fishing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    *chuckles* I have my WAR to 70 now. First time kitty managed to level EVERYTHING™.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly hunting down Big Fish as well. 97/204 at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Make that 98. Caught one just after I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    you know an expansions over when i've got nothing left to level and i'm thinking about trying Big Fishing again.
    Yeah I'm at this point where I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the expansion.

Although a month and 2-3 weeks is pretty decent. Normally with other games I get bored like 6 months or so before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have always been intrigued by being a tank (always mained healer in wow), but the idea of having to be the "leader" of the group, especially when I don't know my face from my ass in this game more times than not, is intimidating).
    It's a game.
    Just pick up the gear and start. There is nothing to be "intimidated" about.
    Ignore morons that diss you and ask questions if needed.

Dungeons are pretty much braindead and the general community is quite friendly, esp to newbies.

I have always been intrigued by being a tank (always mained healer in wow), but the idea of having to be the "leader" of the group, especially when I don't know my face from my ass in this game more times than not, is intimidating).
    Dungeons are predominently just straight lines. If you've ever played FF10, you can get to the end of an FF14 Dungeon. There's one, just one, that has a minor maze like element at the start, the rest you can simply check your map if you're lost.

If you're worried about not knowing what to pull, the answer is probably everything. It's almost never a bad call. If you're worried about not knowing the stratergies, 95% of bosses consist of simply facing them away from the group and not standing in AoE.

There's very little you can actually get wrong as a tank most of the time, and even if you do you'll probably just shrug it off anyway.

Raiding content can be a bit more intimidating, but in a 24 man raid there'll be 2 other tanks with you. You can let them do most of the boss tanking while you're free to DPS. It gives you the perfect opportunity to watch how they're doing it so you can learn for yourself. You'll be expected to tank an add or two occasionally, but not usually the actual boss. In those situations it's very common for someone to put up A, B and C markers where the adds spawn, you just grab the one that corresponds with your group letter and tank it.

Trial roulettes have 2 tanks as well, while the boss is generally a 1 tank fight. Again, you can sit back and DPS while watching what the other tank does.

You've got plenty of opportunities to build your confidence as a tank. By the time it gets to tanking the serious content, you'll be more than capable of handling it, I promise you. Don't miss out on playing something you think you'll enjoy simply because you're feeling intimidated. It's a lot worse in your head than it will ever be in game.

How is the PS4 version? I’m thinking about finally trying this game to fill my mmo itch but I want to try a console mmo.

Fair enough, and yeah I'm mostly thinking about raiding for whichever main I decide on. Dungeons don't mean much to me I would like to get in the hardest content available to try and relive my old WoW glory days lol. Thank you for taking the time to explain all of that to me maybe I overestimated the difficulty a bit and should just dive in, especially since I see Gunblades are going to be tanks that class alone has me wanting to play this game forever!
    All you can do is just that mate.

Just dive in and have fun. If you end up loving the game then great and if you don't then it's not the end of the world.

And welcome back to Eorzea <3. If you are on the EU Light Datacenter I'll be glad to help you get back into the game if you want with tips.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    How is the PS4 version? I’m thinking about finally trying this game to fill my mmo itch but I want to try a console mmo.
    Runs absolutely fine on PS4 and PS4 Pro and plays well with a controller. Will take a while to set up the extended Hotbars but overall you'll be fine.

Another perk is that since it's a sub game already you don't need PS Plus like you do for most online MP stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Imo runs fine and I like playing this game with a controller, but for PS4 amusingly you can use M+KB if you want too.

10+ Year Old Account
    me maybe I overestimated the difficulty a bit and should just dive in
    Definitely dive in, if you want savage raiding though, the general difficulty is comparable to mythic raiding in WoW.
    Your main obstacle will be very short reaction times coupled with a moody server. Hesitating even 1 second can often lead to a wipe despite you standing in the correct position before the boss did anything on your screen.

If you are used to WoWs near flawless systems, this can get frustrating at times. As a tank, the most important thing is communication with your co-tank for CD rotations and all that jazz.