Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    How? the token does not add gold to the economy, it technically removes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect, when you put a token up, someone is buyying it for that price, there is no gold generated or lost, when a token is sold, it sels for that value, it does not maggicaly generate, or lose gold.
    I haven't played since October. But when I played when you listed the token you were promised the price of the token at the time of the listing. Whether or not its value went up or down by the time it actually sold. WoWhead's guide on the token also says this.

If I post the token and it says the current price is 35,000g I will get 35,000g regardless of how much someone actually pays for that token. Even if they pay 40,000g or 5,000g.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I haven't played since October. But when I played when you listed the token you were promised the price of the token at the time of the listing. Whether or not its value went up or down by the time it actually sold. WoWhead's guide on the token also says this.

If I post the token and it says the current price is 35,000g I will get 35,000g regardless of how much someone actually pays for that token. Even if they pay 40,000g or 5,000g.
    Thats not how it works though, it changes as people buy/sell, so as you put one up, future ones then go for less, and as you sell, future ones go for more, and it changes as people put up. you will not get 35,000 if the token sells for 5,000 cause your token did not sell, someone elses did, your stays there till it sells.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

LUL at retailers arguing whether there would be token.

There won't be. And if Blizzard ever tried adding one, they are going to be left with empty servers, with me and the entire community that actually care back on private servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Thats not how it works though, it changes as people buy/sell, so as you put one up, future ones then go for less, and as you sell, future ones go for more, and it changes as people put up. you will not get 35,000 if the token sells for 5,000 cause your token did not sell, someone elses did, your stays there till it sells.
    I can only say from the WoWhead guide. Perhaps they need to be messaged to tell them their guide has false information in it and needs updated, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    LUL at retailers arguing whether there would be token.

There won't be. And if Blizzard ever tried adding one, they are going to be left with empty servers, with me and the entire community that actually care back on private servers.
    Back on inaccurate servers? Where damage is wrong? Abilities are broken and they add a cash shop? Fact is the token almost certainly won't be added. There will be people that want it and those that don't. You WILL 100% be able to sub to Classic WoW with tokens. Most likely only able to buy that token from retail. But the number of "purists" saying it will ruin the economy of classic are way overblowing the whole thing.

It's one of those grey areas like the interface and so on. It's not purely infrastructure (which does get updated), but it's also not purely a gameplay mechanic (which don't get updated).
    So the fact that they haven't mentioned it, kinda makes me think that the reasonable answer is "we don't know, yet, because they might not know yet".

It will result in a pretty awesome shitstorm, if they decide to do it however. Maybe not a reasonable one, I think the token is far less impactful to gameplay than gold sellers are), but it's one of those things that clearly belong to retail, so it will be a bit hard to sell that to vanilla players.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Another rational reason why they won;t introduce them into classic? Because they WANT players to go into BfA and earn gold/tokens.
    Um? Why? This makes zero sense.

If they want people to put game time in, they wouldn't care which version people play. In fact they'd likely prefer people to play classic simply because the gold farming is more difficult there.

Either way, they are getting their £10 a month.

The simple fact is that if they were to add tokens, which they won't, they will be bought and sold entirely through the classic economy.
    Sure, they might allow you to buy a bfa token for gold, turn it to cash, AND THEN buy a classic token which turns to gold, but actual gold amounts will not be connected anyway.

As for people saying that the current token adds gold to the game: While you are technically correct, there is still a net minus because of auction house fees that are on everything, the amount of gold added by a static token is miniscule.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-05-11 at 08:19 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I don't really care if I buy my gold from other players or from Chinese gold farmers, I'll buy it no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The token STILL doesn't create nor destroy ANY gold. How do people still not get this?
    Oh the irony...

Man, speaking of people who "don't get this", you're one to talk. Because actually, the whole system of token IS about creating and destroying money (when you buy a token, you get gold immediately, even if nobody buys it, which means it's CREATED ; when you buy a token, nobody gets your money, it is DESTROYED).
    There is a system trying to adapt the price to the supply and demand, but it's a rough recreation and on the whole it doesn't conform to what gold is actually obtained in-game.

So much for someone who complain that "how do people still not get it"

There will first be few months of gold sellers and boosters, and then there will be WoW tokens but with classic gold being a separate currency with its own exchange rate.
    From a PR pov this is the only way it is currently acceptable to the intended audience, even though it will mean not preventing some IRL theft and fraud in the initial period.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No token, it would inflate the prices of everything.
    Sounds Like you've got No Clue how Tokens Work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?
    In classic, no. In Live/Progression/Updated WoW, yes. You'll be sharing subscription.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Honestly, I dont see a problem if they add a token to Classic. Not from very release though - maybe after p3 or p4.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Oh the irony...

Man, speaking of people who "don't get this", you're one to talk. Because actually, the whole system of token IS about creating and destroying money (when you buy a token, you get gold immediately, even if nobody buys it, which means it's CREATED ; when you buy a token, nobody gets your money, it is DESTROYED).
    There is a system trying to adapt the price to the supply and demand, but it's a rough recreation and on the whole it doesn't conform to what gold is actually obtained in-game.

So much for someone who complain that "how do people still not get it"
    Quite funny how you think you know how it works, but you actually don't. Have you ever bought a token to sell? Sometimes it takes ~24h before you get the gold, sometimes just a few hours. Do you know why? Because someone needs to buy the token before you get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And that's fine.

The thing is, gold buying is illegal. If you get caught, you get banned anyway. That's how it was in Classic.

If people WANT to risk their accounts on buying gold, that should never have been Blizzard's concern to fix in the first place. All Blizzard should care about is keeping the rules in tact - And with or without a token, people will still buy gold. They still do today even with the token - All the token did was make gold a LOT cheaper from gold sellers, and therefore made each dollar more valuable.

So let's check again:
    1) Different from Classic: Yes
    2) Solving anything: No
    3) Reasons to implement: None
    4) Will it affect the economy? Definitely.

Any questions? That's why it shouldn't be implemented.
    Tokens reduce inflation and hacking issues.

having a token on classic would be hilarious. basically would let you transfer your live gold to classic and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Quite funny how you think you know how it works, but you actually don't. Have you ever bought a token to sell? Sometimes it takes ~24h before you get the gold, sometimes just a few hours. Do you know why? Because someone needs to buy the token before you get paid.
    Try to inform yourself before spouting shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to pay for your Classic subscription with a Wowtoken, however you can only purchase a token using a Retail account.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    WoW tokens would ruin vanilla. If you wanted to do anything in classic, you'd be required to buy them not because you actually need to, but because others would and it would ruin the economy. I'm already on the fence about classic, so if they decide to stupidly release WoW tokens with it, then I won't bother playing.
    Tokens and services will not ruin Classic just like they did not ruin retail. In absence of a better/safer alternative 'traditional' unsanctioned gold and leveling services were always and will be present, with all the account theft, endemic botting, CC fraud, tradespam and expensive support headaches this accompanies.

Just like in retail, you are not required to buy wow tokens or character boosts. I have never bougth a wow token with cash, nor character boost and play just fine. I have bought plenty with gold and maintain a maxed out Blizzard Balance that way though.

I really wonder whether people that make these strong opposition statements ever played WoW before the WoW token was introduced and after. The fantasy fairy-tails they seem to conjure up never existed.

As said before, I don't think Blizzard will have the balls to go live with the token and services on Classic launch day, as the Youtube 'influences' { XD } that have to make a living of controversy couldn't let that one pass, but they will just let the situation get out of hand as before and then step in with the known and proven remedy long prepared.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2019-05-11 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Tokens do not reduce inflation, they contribute to it.

And no, not by creating gold. Here's how tokens contribute to inflation:

Player 1 is a high-end player. They know all of the best money making strategies, and play the AH like it's a fiddle. They have multiple gold capped characters. In a world without a token, this player has no use for all this gold - It sits and that player never has to concern themselves with money for raid mats throughout the entirety of Classic's lifetime.
    However, in a world with a token, this player can now sustain their sub via gold. That gold, which otherwise would have sat on an alt forever, has now been entered into the economy.

Player 2 is not a high end player. They do not play often. They struggle to make enough money to afford repairs. However, they have an abundance of out-of-game cash. Out of game cash is irrelevant to the player, unless they plan to break the ToS, in which case they are rightfully risking their account by doing so. As such, the player has to scrounge up money to afford raid mats and repair bills. In a world without a token, these players are the large, large majority. As such, the prices on the market are catered to them, not players like Player 1 who are few and far between. Thus, prices are affordable for these players who make very little in a world without a token, as otherwise raid mats would not move on the AH fast enough for people to want to sell them.
    Then we enter a world with the token. As we established, Player 1 has plenty of gold to buy tokens with, so the demand for tokens is already there - In lesser demand, but there nontheless. Player 2, therefore, takes that expendable RL income and buys a token, sells it for gold. Now, Player 2 has more than enough gold to buy raid mats at a much higher price than he normally would - Because he has a way to make gold that is based on Player 1's gold expendeture. Player 1 makes plenty of gold, way more than any player could ever possibly need - So he has no issue spending a LOT of it to renew his sub every month. Player 2 now has more access to money, which means raid mats will move at a higher price, and therefore: Inflation rises.

(Worse is that it doesn't stop there. Now that mats are going for a higher price, low level players can then sell low level mats at a higher price, since newly-maxed level 60s will still need to level professions and will have access to more gold. Then the low level mat economy gets fucked up, and then you won't hear about anyone struggling to make enough gold to buy epic mount training - That's one of the most common first memories of Vanilla, and that's not going to be part of Classic? Really?)

And I don't care if you're stupid enough to go to an unknown website and enter your account information. I call that Darwinism. That's not Blizzard's problem to solve.
    I e.g. got my Account hacked without giving away my Info to anyone.
    Gold Sellers inject Money, while your Player 2 injects less due to less gold farming

yeah i highly doubt wow token will be in classic. indirectly it will because you can just use gold in the modern version of the game to buy a token and keep your account going. but in classic? very very doubtful.