Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    - PvP equipment ( you can buy it from a vendor ), then you will be able to only use this in bg/arenas.
    - Racial skills disabled

No more pve stuff
    No more ilvl gap
    No more race issues

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Imagine if the WoW token was in WoW Classic and you could just pay some guild to carry you to Scarab Lord, or get you Atiesh or Corrupted Ashbringer. Fuck that.
    Wait, do you think people didn't pay to get some of that stuff back in real Vanilla? If so, either you've got a serious case of the Nostalgias or you weren't playing in a serious way back then. Because I can assure you people paid other people RL money or even in-game gold for that shit all the time. We lost our fully T2-geared (Judgement) Paladin in my raiding guild because literally as soon as he got the last bit of T2, which the guild actually broke it's own DKP rules to give him. He didn't even think he'd done anything wrong - and he made like $900 or something. We reported it but as far as we know he got away with it. Certainly his character (renamed, but we knew who it was) was still walking around six months later.

And people buying gold to get Epic mounts back in vanilla was pretty much routine - I don't know if anyone in my guild did, but when someone has their first 60, and then less than a week later, they're riding around on an Epic mount, you know they didn't just grind out that money (even getting lucky with purple drops didn't make you that rich).

Several Scarab Lords were the product of collusion between various people/guilds, and in some cases it's said that money changed hands. No-one could prove anything of course.

I'm not saying WoW Tokens should be in Classic, they almost certainly won't be (though obvs. as the subscription is shared, you could use them on your main WoW account to keep the sub going), but I think it's incredibly naive of you if you believe this wasn't going on back then. In fact, that probably the most corrupt time in WoW history because Blizzard didn't really get aggressive about banning people for buying and selling gold and so on until what, late TBC, early WotLK? Sometime around them. I remember great purges of CGF bots in the Sunwell era.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Wait, do you think people didn't pay to get some of that stuff back in real Vanilla? If so, either you've got a serious case of the Nostalgias or you weren't playing in a serious way back then. Because I can assure you people paid other people RL money or even in-game gold for that shit all the time. We lost our fully T2-geared (Judgement) Paladin in my raiding guild because literally as soon as he got the last bit of T2, which the guild actually broke it's own DKP rules to give him. He didn't even think he'd done anything wrong - and he made like $900 or something. We reported it but as far as we know he got away with it. Certainly his character (renamed, but we knew who it was) was still walking around six months later.

And people buying gold to get Epic mounts back in vanilla was pretty much routine - I don't know if anyone in my guild did, but when someone has their first 60, and then less than a week later, they're riding around on an Epic mount, you know they didn't just grind out that money (even getting lucky with purple drops didn't make you that rich).

Several Scarab Lords were the product of collusion between various people/guilds, and in some cases it's said that money changed hands. No-one could prove anything of course.

I'm not saying WoW Tokens should be in Classic, they almost certainly won't be (though obvs. as the subscription is shared, you could use them on your main WoW account to keep the sub going), but I think it's incredibly naive of you if you believe this wasn't going on back then. In fact, that probably the most corrupt time in WoW history because Blizzard didn't really get aggressive about banning people for buying and selling gold and so on until what, late TBC, early WotLK? Sometime around them. I remember great purges of CGF bots in the Sunwell era.
    I can assure you he probably got banned. Some dude bought a warglaive wielding rogue character during TBC for $10k and the account got swiftly banned once they realized.

There's a huge difference between buying gold illegally and Blizzard offering the option. Buying gold from third parties is against ToS, and that deters people who are considering it because they fear their account might be banned and all their hard work gone.

And keep in mind WoW Classic is shared with your retail WoW account. This time the stakes are even higher. If you buy gold in Classic WoW and you get permabanned, all your BfA shit is gone as well. I don't think it'll be a huge problem.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can assure you he probably got banned. Some dude bought a warglaive wielding rogue character during TBC for $10k and the account got swiftly banned once they realized.
    He might have been, but it was a hell of a delay if he was!

I remember the warglaives rogue incident, but that was very, very public, and by TBC Blizzard were quite a bit better at banning people for this kind of thing. Though they did have some false positives. I remember something weird involving a GM happened to me (not a ban or suspension but something weird, I forget exactly what) when my wife sent me 800g in TBC.

There's a huge difference between buying gold illegally and Blizzard offering the option. Buying gold from third parties is against ToS, and that deters people who are considering it because they fear their account might be banned and all their hard work gone.
    It's a case of carrot and stick, like with legalising weed. People will still buy gold or weed, even people who have a lot to lose, even if it's illegal. But if it's legal, almost everyone will prefer the legal option. People will do it.

And keep in mind WoW Classic is shared with your retail WoW account. This time the stakes are even higher. If you buy gold in Classic WoW and you get permabanned, all your BfA shit is gone as well. I don't think it'll be a huge problem.
    I'm not so sure.

On the one hand, Blizzard has far, far better systems now for detecting people buying gold than they did in Vanilla. So that means people just simply buying gold are significantly more likely to get caught.

On the other hand, people are much, much smarter about keeping stuff "out of the game", just in private Discords and so on than they were in Vanilla, TBC, etc. Back then, most people largely communicated through text - and you often saw people getting caught because they talked about an exploit or gold buy or whatever in a guild chat somewhere. Now, almost all that kind of communication happens in non-Blizzard voice chats or text in Discords.

I do agree that actual gold-buying isn't likely to be a huge issue. But some 30 or 40-something dude paying hundreds or even low thousands of dollars, entirely outside the game, to people in order to get them to carry him to full T2 or a legendary or the like? That's totally viable and would be essentially impossible for Blizzard to actually differentiate from people playing naturally. And it will happen, because a lot of people who were broke kids in Vanilla are now adults with an awful lot of money, and who are still kind of pissed they never got Windfury.

Scarab Lord will definitely have the biggest fighting over it - and it's going to get REAL DIRTY, whatever Blizzard tries to do. Money will once again change hands, and even where it doesn't, accusations that it did will likely emerge. It's gonna be a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl squish? Not really needed and tbh pretty much harder to make it when we have stats squish.

Remove table missions for sure. This is just bullshit imho.
    Re-desing classes.
    Bring back setes!
    Remove azerite system as it looks now. Weapon was much better. TBH why we do need to upgrade any part of gear and choose traits? Why dont add traits just like talents? In general i am not huge fan of this kind of idea. I mean the whole thing about farming shit to get traits.
    Bring back justice points system!

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    I can only assume you're kidding suggesting something like this.
    I can assume you did not see this time, because it changes depends the pve content, the all void stone stuff.

With "no more pve stuff i mean trinkets or abilities like the ones from cots".
    The other gear is ok, but since pvp should be about player vs player and not gear vs gear, there should be a cap like in the previous seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    I can assume you did not see this time, because it changes depends the pve content, the all void stone stuff.

With "no more pve stuff i mean trinkets or abilities like the ones from cots".
    The other gear is ok, but since pvp should be about player vs player and not gear vs gear, there should be a cap like in the previous seasons.
    Fair enough, my apology for misunderstanding you.

Honestly? I've said it many times; they could solve PvP problems quite easily if its gear was differently built compared to dungeoneering.

Sadly, I doubt it's a route you're going to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    No more pve stuff
    WHAT??

You do know that WoW is a PvE game, with a small PvP mini-game implemented, right?

95% or more would quit if PvE was downgraded..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Given what wow has changed into over the years I hope the next expansion is the burning crusade.

I just hope they abandon this "action game" thing, where every encounter is about reflexes, and go back to the roots of an MMORPG - where not only your gear mattered, but how good were you at your class.
    John fkn Madden!

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    WHAT??

You do know that WoW is a PvE game, with a small PvP mini-game implemented, right?

95% or more would quit if PvE was downgraded..
    As said before, this would only apply to trinkets and items with a specific trait like cots.

If you would have the possibility to have trinkets which you can use in pvp instead that pve ones, wouldn't be the same to you?
    Or you pretend to stomp ppl in pvp because of better gear and overpowered trinkets?

I perfectly know that the higher percentage of players play pve instead of pvp, but this is not an excuse to ruin pvp when a simple fix could solve part of the problems.

As for the void stone this time, it is normal to ask "are they retarded? didn't they test it on pvp before realeasing it?" It's not that they want to allow everything. It's that they don't care at all and fix only ahead of the release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Level squish? Lol are you people serious?

The most that would happens in terms of addressing the "leveling problem" -- if there is even a problem with it -- would be implementing some form of Paragon levels à la Diablo 3... and even doing that would be dumb.

What's wrong with levels continuing to go up? Are there not other MMORPGS/RPG games that have levels in the 200's and beyond?

1. Squish the character level maximum.
    fork no, with the content squish that already happend the real level this days is your ILEVEL.
    this is the last thing he have anything to its rpg core so the number should continue to rise.
    (a squish makes ZERO sense cause why then not get rid of it totally?)

9. Develop solo-player content.
    YOU are NOT EVERYONE, wow is a MMO game and thus should always have MORE group content then solo content.
    If you want SOLO content play a SOLO game.

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.
    New players are NEVER going to catch up all of them. It's high time we turned old expansions into non-point achievements that are summarised, so that players can compete in the current system and actually aim to get themselves well numbered in the achievement system. Starting World of Warcraft, and being presented with thousands of achievements that the game is designed to skip, is just overtly needless. Time to sort that out.
    I dont have time to play the game so other people deserve to be punished by getting their stuff taken away?
    Whats next? theres over 1k pets to collect in game reduce their numbers and the toys and mounts just because YOU dont want to put in the TIME?

thank god none of your wishes are gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    fork no, with the content squish that already happend the real level this days is your ILEVEL.
    this is the last thing he have anything to its rpg core so the number should continue to rise.
    (a squish makes ZERO sense cause why then not get rid of it totally?)
    It has already been explained why there's a relevant, and sensible, reason to be doing it.

Please read that prior to comments.

YOU are NOT EVERYONE, wow is a MMO game and thus should always have MORE group content then solo content.
    If you want SOLO content play a SOLO game.
    Nobody is suggesting that group content should be abandoned and, more importantly, the poll held on this set of forums was abundantly clear:

Players want solo content.

I dont have time to play the game so other people deserve to be punished by getting their stuff taken away?
    That has never been argued.

What was argued was that those who have the older achievements retain them as Feats of Strength, so that they lose nothing while new players have a chance to properly engage with the Achievement system (something they cannot currently do).

thank god none of your wishes are gonna happen.
    Thank god people who don't read, or understand simple commentary, convince anyone.

I desperately want revamped Azeroth leveling content that scales through old expansions with new low level dungeons. Leveling for me right now is so insanely stale and miserable that it was a big reason why I quit the game.

I also want better class design. It wasn't really doing much for me BfA or Legion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think BfA has been extremely enjoyable so far. So, i do not agree with the OP. As for next expansion, I wish blizzard continues the work with adding deeper storyline and that’s all they need to do

Mine is pretty simple on the surface. Re-think the direction class design has been taking for the last 4+ expacs, and throw it right out the window. Anything other than a return to even remotely RPG roots will mean me extending my vacation from the game, however trivial that decision is in the big picture.

They pruning achi number every expansion and it's make it only worse. People do it because they want this number bigger than others ,but right now it's completly useless. If you know that you will lost number in next expansion why bother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Mine is pretty simple on the surface. Re-think the direction class design has been taking for the last 4+ expacs, and throw it right out the window. Anything other than a return to even remotely RPG roots will mean me extending my vacation from the game, however trivial that decision is in the big picture.
    Personally, I don’t think it’s trivial; and lots of people sit with this view.

Namely, that how you FEEL about your player is important to your experience. My player is hooked to his history via transmogrification, given the play changes that have effectively gutted it (warrior).

Sadly, lots of people talk about the good design of Mists... Which, for me, was the first real one of those guttings.