Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Try to inform yourself before spouting shit.
    Haha, so I'm spouting shit when that is exactly how it has worked the several times I've bought tokens? Great post! 10/10.

obviously no. the team working on classic has already stated that this isn't their game to change, obviously bug fixes are an exception and it's impossible to get it 100% identical to how it was back then, but they won't be actively trying to make changes.

if you want classic gold you can either go farm it like most people or risk your account being banned by buying it, if you want tokens so you can buy game time then get ready to make gold on retail for your game time.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    having a token on classic would be hilarious. basically would let you transfer your live gold to classic and vice versa.
    Wait what??? Classic tokens would obviously be realm bound since there is no cross realm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Wait what??? Classic tokens would obviously be realm bound since there is no cross realm.
    I think he is talking about buying tokens on live and converting to battle.net balance, then buying tokens with said balance on classic, since it's all linked with battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The idea being that you could buy a token using gold from non-classic realms, exchange it for Blizzard Balance, and then buy a token using said Blizzard Balance on classic realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidy660 View Post
    I think he is talking about buying tokens on live and converting to battle.net balance, then buying tokens with said balance on classic, since it's all linked with battle.net.
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you're playing the current game then a token will work the same way as always. You can pay for your subscription through a token if you wish. A subscription covers both games.

If you're playing Classic only then you won't have access to one. So it's really up to whomever owns the account whether you want to bother with that.

You should assume that if you're only going to play Classic, the token system will not be available to you. Blizzard can change their mind but until they flat out say so it's a no go.
    Source? Or are these just assumptions?

I would initially assume no, but they might do it later on just so they can control the flow of gold seller money into their own pockets and severely reduce the amount farmers can compete for.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?
    No, but you can play live and buy a token there to cover your subscription, which also covers classic.

Will there be a wow token? - there already is one - unless of course you are missing half your question there "Will there be a wow token in classic WoW" - Most likely, NO, as you need a active WoW subscription to access classic WoW. Now, I can see a % of the players paying for a wow sub just to play classic and not the state of the game. They could also make it where we CAN buy tokens on classic at the rate they are going for on actual servers, yet getting over 5k gold on classic is a challenge.

I do hope pets carry over at least and toys.

No, there will be no wow token. How do I know? WoW token is used to add gametime or battlenet balance that can be used for ingame services. But gametime is only applicable to BFA / latest retail patch. If you have a retail sub, you get classic for free.

So no, you won't be able to buy or sell wow tokens on classic. No, you won't be able to get "free gold" with tokens on classic. /thread

Just buy Gold from 3rd Party. Couple months after release the prices should be pretty cheap. If there are too many goldsellers (that will happen) then Blizzard will introduce tue Token to kill 3rd Parties from Stealing Blizzards money.

Quick 101:

(1) Every item that drops from a mob, every node that is farmed in Azeroth, creates gold equal to its vendor price.

(2) Everything a player buys from an NPC, be it a repair service or an item removes that amount of gold from the economy

(3) Blizzards chief virtual economist could control the rate of inflation by varying typical vendor prices over time, or introducing new demands (5 Million G mount anyone?)

(4) Typically you want there to be some inflation over time, as it auto-corrects mistakes from the past, and in absence of a sanctioned and supported financial services model it prevents easy perpetual living of past gains. You make a mistake in tuning the economy's knobs, no worries, as today's fortunes will be tomorrows pocket change. 100G in Vanilla was a fortune, today you wouldn't even bother to run a WQ if it gave you just 100G

(5) Black markets of goods and services will happen. There is always a demand at a certain value point, and there will always be cheaper means to meeting that value point and hence profit to be made if you do not play by the rules. For gold their is a rough expectation of a time to earn ratio given a certain efficiency. As marginal efficiency gains are always diminishing, this means that the normal gold acquisition rate for in-game activities over time are roughly the same for each 'goblin'. However, the external time value differs widely across the globe, hence the Chinese gold farm sweatshops, or can be bypassed all together if you don't play by the rules but instead go to direct crimes like account theft, or credit card/identity theft etc.

(6) By offering to meet the demand for acquiring gold without investing in-game time but rather IRL casch, Blizzard can always assure they have the best product on the market because it is the only one 100% safe, and it can always meet the price to a point where the profits for the black market make it less interesting to operate there as the marginal costs to Blizzard for creating the product, virtual gold, are effectively zero.

(7) complete isolation of the buyer and the seller of the token, and preventing external speculation/round-tripping by having 2 different tokens, one cash for gold, one gold for cash, Blizzard ensures they have a complete monopoly on arbitrage is the token market.

(8) an arbitrage monopoly gives Blizzard's chief virtual economist a much more clean way to regulate the economy than in the old days. As people have noted, the gold that person A gets does not have to equal the gold that person B pays, and neither A nor B have a say in the price setting. They can increase or decrease demand on either side of the deal at will, regulating the inflow and outflow of gold in circulation.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?
    depends. if it requires a separate subscription, maybe. if not, then no probably not.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    If Classic and "retail" will both be covered by one subscription that you can already pay for with tokens, I imagine you'll still be able to cover that subscription with tokens. But I'm sure you won't be able to actually buy/sell tokens from within Classic.

I don't doubt that gold selling will be a thing in Classic regardless. It always has been. Although Blizzard has better ways to crack down on that sort of thing now, so hopefully, it won't be as bad this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If Classic and "retail" will both be covered by one subscription that you can already pay for with tokens, I imagine you'll still be able to cover that subscription with tokens. But I'm sure you won't be able to actually buy/sell tokens from within Classic.

I don't doubt that gold selling will be a thing in Classic regardless. It always has been. Although Blizzard has better ways to crack down on that sort of thing now, so hopefully, it won't be as bad this time.
    I think this is the correct answer. You can buy/sell tokens in retail for your sub but you won't be able to buy/sell them in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    obviously no. the team working on classic has already stated that this isn't their game to change, obviously bug fixes are an exception and it's impossible to get it 100% identical to how it was back then, but they won't be actively trying to make changes.

if you want classic gold you can either go farm it like most people or risk your account being banned by buying it, if you want tokens so you can buy game time then get ready to make gold on retail for your game time.
    Bro...

If you think Blizzard will pass on $20 a month over $15 a month then you're being delusional (the token will be in Classic).

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Honestly, I dont see a problem if they add a token to Classic. Not from very release though - maybe after p3 or p4.
    You don't see a problem with a P2W feature? What the heck? Gold is a big deal in Classic WoW and adding such a huge P2W feature would absolutely destroy Classic. Tokens won't be added to Classic.

Sure! You can use WoW Tokens in Retail to keep you subbed, and by extension subbed to Classic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt it obvious ? No.

Nope and very good. Gold is of too much power in Classic.