Trump has become aggressively involved in the country's July 4 fireworks celebration, changing its location, getting Oval Office briefings & planning minutiae. The development has surprised/worried some city/federal officials. w/@eilperin @PeteJamison
    https://t.co/SVL7S9TKyK
    https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/...420416519?s=19

The Orange Moron focusing attention on something he feels important. As we say a necessary distraction instead of ruining our country.

The ghost writer from Trump's book stated he focused most of his time on fabric swatches on his real-estate developments.

This guy is such a clown.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

The Orange Moron focusing attention on something he feels important. As we say a necessary distraction instead of ruining our country.

The ghost writer from Trump's book stated he focused most of his time on fabric swatches on his real-estate developments.

He's finally going to get his stupid fucking parade. Good for him.

- - - Updated - - -

https://in.reuters.com/article/north...-idINL2N22N006

WASHINGTON, May 10 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he does not consider North Korea’s recent launch of short-range ballistic missiles “a breach of trust.”

In an interview with Politico, Trump downplayed the missile tests by North Korea, calling them “very standard stuff.”

“They’re short-range and I don’t consider that a breach of trust at all. And, you know, at some point I may. But at this point no,” Trump told Politico.

North Korea fired two short-range missiles on Thursday, its second such test in less than a week.

Trump said he might eventually lose faith in his friendly relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, which he has previously described as “very strong.”

“I mean it’s possible that at some point I will, but right now not at all,” Trump said.

On Thursday, Trump appeared to hold the door open for more talks with North Korea.

“The relationship continues ... I know they want to negotiate, they’re talking about negotiating. But I don’t think they’re ready to negotiate,” he told reporters.

The Pentagon said Thursday’s launches consisted of multiple ballistic missiles that flew in excess of 300 km (185 miles) and landed in the ocean. (Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by David Alexander and Rosalba O’Brien)
    Sorry, South Korea. You may be our ally but I guess you don't matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

quick someone get pence a laser pointer and some bubble wrap! maybe then the orange turd wont have time to fuck up so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorry, South Korea. You may be our ally but I guess you don't matter anymore.
    Hmm. This sounds ironic for some reason...OH WAIT

While speaking to reporters Tuesday, Trump suggested the missile launch should prompt Democratic leaders to meet with him, something they avoided doing earlier in the day after Trump criticized them on Twitter.

“They should be calling immediately and saying we want to see you, but probably they won’t because nothing to them is important other than raising taxes,” Trump said, referring to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).
    That's from the Nov 2017 tests. Trump, heh, handwaved these missile tests on a day he literally raised taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    quick someone get pence a laser pointer and some bubble wrap! maybe then the orange turd wont have time to fuck up so much.
    If they put a bunch of "Do Not Touch" signs on everything that should occupy him for awhile.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If they put a bunch of "Do Not Touch" signs on everything that should occupy him for awhile.
    "no one tells trump what to do!" (seriously tho does his tendency to refer to himself in the third person not scare the shit out of anyone else or am i the crazy one?)

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    How pathetic, petty and spoiled can Trump get? Well, the bar just keeps getting lowered...

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/10/185241...at-rick-reilly
    You'd think with Trump going golfing at least once a week, if not two times a week, he wouldn't need to cheat nor use his trusty hand wedge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol so instead of paying for useful things like construction at our damaged bases and vets retirements......lets build a wall

The funds are being reprogrammed from the Afghan Security Forces Fund, a project focused on chemical weapons, Air Force programs, savings related to a military retirement system, and coalition support funds. The Pentagon is also expected, at some point, to transfer up to $3.6 billion from military construction budgets to pay for wall construction, but details of those plans have yet to be announced

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...-mexico-border
    I can't wait for even less money to go to the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/polit...ump/index.html

Secret liberal...I mean lifetime Republican and former SCOTUS Justice John Paul Stevents has some thoughts about Trump's behavior -
    "Political lapdogs!" - @Sulla

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, Kavanaugh has been following Roberts' lead...voting the same for the most part. And Roberts isn't a fan of Trump.
    If it comes down to anything that affects Trump directly--such as whether or not the House can have his tax returns--Kavanaugh will absolutely vote in the best interests of Trump. Count on it.

@Breccia, well guess the crazy old man Guilliani isn't going to Ukraine. Not because going there to get help from a foreign government again, but because apparently they would be against Trump.

"I'm not gonna go," he said, "because I think I'm walking into a group of people that are enemies of the President, in some cases enemies of the United States and, in one case, an already convicted person who has been found to be involved in assisting the Democrats with the 2016 election."
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/11/polit...ico/index.html

Fucking crazy dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    [MENTION=682206] Not because going there to get help from a foreign government again, but because apparently they would be against Trump.
    Huh.

...probably shouldn't have hired Manafort, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    he's suggesting China move production of... everything to the US
    It's probably this. It would be a windfall if China moved hundreds of thousands of jobs here, saving the cost of shipping as well. Of course, they'd have to pay legions more in wages, taxes, and regulations, so it'd be against their own self-interest.

Especially considering China is counting the days till Jan 20, 2021, rolling the dice that starving Trump out is cheaper than building a factory in under 2 years.

Considering the Wisconsin Foxconn move any attempt to move Chinese production over here would be nothing but a publicity stunt and ultimately prove to be nothing but a fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to prove himself the biggest, most obese hypocrite, Trump says it would be appropriate to have Biden investigated for ties to Ukraine. Supposedly, Biden withheld $1 billion in US aid until Ukraine removed a prosecutor accused of fostering corruption.

So, kind of like the tariffs Trump put in place yesterday.

"Whoa whoa whoa! This isn't about the US refusing to give aid to a country so corrupt that Trump welcomed them into his campaign! This is about Biden's son being involved in a company that the prosecutor was investigating!"

Oh, so the issue was Biden abusing power to protect his business interests? Such as, say, blocking investigations into his businesses and taxes?

"Um...no, it's about him abusing his power to shield his family!"

Oh, you mean, like giving his family members security clearances they couldn't earn, while letting them run their businesses in the White House?

"No, it's...um...about collusion!"

Well, since the prosecutor was eventually voted out of office, and Biden never went through with his threats, isn't that like screaming NO COLLUSION FAKE NEWS because nothing actually happened? Like the Trump Tower meeting?

Simply put, there is no angle here that even the most logical and clear of Trump supporters -- come on @lockedout you know the deal, 24 hours bla bla bla Constitutional crisis -- can use, which somehow makes what Biden is accused of worse than what Trump is objectively shown to have done. Add in launching an investigation into a political rival (yeah, I can't help but notice Trump is talking about this now that Biden is running, roll back to 2017/2018 and where is this?) and you have Individual-1, once again, accusing everyone else in the room of things he's shown to have done.

For the record: in a situation like this, where the prosecutor was clearly corrupt but also investigating one of Biden's family's interests, there's going to be a lot of grey area. Stopping corruption is important, before someone runs for office with an asset of a hostile foreign power literally running their campaign. And even if Biden had handed the decision off to someone else, the rabid fanbase would still be shrilling at the top of their hypocritical lungs about conflicts of interest. If this is the best Trump can hang his Chinese-made red hat on, then it's just like his usual business approach: pushing something so hyperbolic it's basically a lie, and if it doesn't sell, walk away pretending it was never your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Considering the Wisconsin Foxconn move any attempt to move Chinese production over here would be nothing but a publicity stunt and ultimately prove to be nothing but a fraud.
    Just like all those jobs softbank was going to create, what was it 50k?
    1 Million from alababa….

https://projects.propublica.org/grap...p-job-promises

10+ Year Old Account
    Within 24 hours of saying trade relations with China is "very strong", Trump personally orders his administration to prepare the 25% tariffs for all remaining goods from China not tariffed yet.

That's about $300 billion more. This will raise the current new tax on Americans from about $500 each, to about $1,250 each, on average. Like most sales taxes, especially considering the country of origin, this will be a regressive tax and roughly half their tax refund.

Oh right, the final numbers are in and the average refund dropped 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Within 24 hours of saying trade relations with China is "very strong", Trump personally orders his administration to prepare the 25% tariffs for all remaining goods from China not tariffed yet.

That's about $300 billion more. This will raise the current new tax on Americans from about $500 each, to about $1,250 each, on average. Like most sales taxes, especially considering the country of origin, this will be a regressive tax and roughly half their tax refund.

Oh right, the final numbers are in and the average refund dropped 2%.
    but but you got to keep more in each paycheck /s

of course 47% of the people in this country get it all back at the end of the year, so more than 50% of the workers actually saw ZERO from the tax cuts.

I wonder where all the "cut" went...hmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    but but you got to keep more in each paycheck
    That's the usual defense ("you didn't withhold correctly"). But even using the most sunny and favorable of sources, the average American got $1,400 -- far less than the $4,000 Trump promised. A loss of $1,250 nearly wipes it all out, and more importantly, since inflation is already competing with wage growth, this loss could put many underwater. Such as anyone making less than the median household income or people in high-SALT states.

Oh, and if you don't use the most sunny and favorable of all sources, you didn't see the average American save $1,250 or more. You saw, for example, the Tax Foundation's $1050 and change.

One of the reasons I've always been so anti-Trump is because I've known him to be a fucking loser for several decades. Finally, someone found one of the comics from Mad Magazine circa 1992 that proves my point:

https://twitter.com/ablington/status...844100/photo/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Trump claiming he's still under audit
    Mixed info. Anything 2017 and on is, 95%+ sure, automatically under audit because of his job.

But:

A) Yes, his earlier claim of being under audit for every year 2001 and on, now seems to be extended to "I am under audit from every year I've been alive", and

B) Being under audit does not prevent you from releasing your returns, it never has, and

C) Being under audit does not block a subpoena. Kind of the opposite, really. There isn't any stronger evidence that you're under investigation than being under investigation.