Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    This is the dumbest thing they brought to the game ever. No need to raid anything below mythic. No need to have any skill to have good gear. I won't even bother speaking about that compared to PvP items.

At this point they could as well just get rid of gearing. They are fucking themselves over so hard. Rewards already feel like shit and will feel even worse.

It just shows how out of touch they are. Instead of rewarding people for participating in content, they just make it easier to skip content. GG Blizzard, nice developers they've got there.
    Yeah, this was the same sentiment back in mid-late WotLK as well as Cata. I wonder how many times Blizzard is going to "fine tune" this system before they just scrap it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Invalidating 3/4 raid difficulties just because people seem to believe they deserve Heroic quality gear for killing 10 mobs or afking on a world boss for some Manapearls is silly. It just breaks the natural gear progression.
    @Togabito

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You will be full decked with insane gear in a matter of weeks
    You will be sitting on your throne much faster than me...and only playing 2 hours in a couple days a week.

I will have to work like a friggin Chinese worker on the fields for months...everyday.
    That's the funniest thing about people like them: they don't even do or need the world quest grind, Nazjatar catch up gear means nothing to them because other sources are faster and better. They could just ignore it but no, other people having access to gear too makes them mad so they want to takeit away. What a snowflake

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That's the funniest thing about people like them: they don't even do or need the world quest grind, Nazjatar catch up gear means nothing to them because other sources are faster and better. They could just ignore it but no, other people having access to gear too makes them mad so they want to takeit away. What a snowflake
    I think the argument in here is some people want this "benthic gear" system is to reward higher item level gear than what is currently.

Alright if someone can tell me how killing 10 mobs to get the 5 manapearls in Nazjatar is equivalent/on the same level as killing a Heroic raid boss do let me know.

I mean maybe if those 10 mobs are all raid bosses then sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Faster or slower. It iant relevant you will eventuely get 430 and thats wrong no matter if you play for 8 months or 5 weeks. You shouls never get this type of gear feom world content. Oh yeah and btw it wont be months doi g world content. It should be around 2 months for full /number of alts. Since those items are account bound you can send gear from alts to your main.

And no log into the game do WQ for 10 minutes isnt work. If you would actualy compare playtime. Getting 430 from worls Q is much faster. It might take you 2 months but playtime can be like 4 days while playtime of person who raids is much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Nothing you said helps prove your point.

If anything it makes you look worse because now you are resorting to exaggerating claims about insane amount of work, retarded amount of hyperbole that just shows how out of touch with your own "argument" you are, and actually proving MY point by admitting you choose not participate in that content.

And now you want me to have sympathy for you because you feel so... overwhelmed? Overwhelmed by this content you CHOOSE not to do?

Your entitlement is strong.

That's not a compliment.
    No, the world quests wont take just "10 mins" to do. Now you are just being silly.
    We will have to do all quests/sources in the zone to get pearls everyday for months.
    On several toons.

I dont know what else to tell you...

Its "work"...its "honest work"...

I guess i have no more arguments.

Heroic raider deserve 430 and can actualy use it to do mythic. Casual world quester dont deserve to have 430 and have no use for it. Why you feel entilted to have 430 when you dont need that gear to do world quests in first place?

- - - Updated - - -

No, the world quests wont take just "10 mins" to do. Now you are just being silly.
    We will have to do all quests/sources in the zone to get pearls everyday for months.
    On several toons.

I dont know what else to tell you...

Its "work"...its "honest work"...

I guess i have no more arguments.
    Yes they will take 10 minutes.

Heroic raider deserve 430 and can actualy use it to do mythic. Casual world quester dont deserve to have 430 and have no use for it. Why you feel entilted to have 430 when you dont need that gear to do world quests in first place?
    And why do you care if they have it? Do they suddenly take away your mythic raid spot?

Thank you, a person with an actual soul. @FaceYourself

- - - Updated - - -

I think the argument in here is some people want this "benthic gear" system is to reward higher item level gear than what is currently.
    No, 430 is fine. No one is asking for more.

And why do you care if they have it? Do they suddenly take away your mythic raid spot?
    It isnt about them. It is about casual players like myself what had normal/heroic raid progression destroyed by world Q. People.just quit doing this type of content becouse why bother whem you get same gear by dping mindless content. It invalidates content thats problem. And as i said i am not mythic raider. Buffing emissary to heroic raiding gear have alredy killed many casual raiding guilds and this will be last nail. If you think this system keeps people playing than i have bad news for you. It actualy makes people quit faster.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-11 at 04:36 PM.

It isnt about them. It is about casual players like myself what had normal/heroic raid progression destroyed by world Q. People.just quit doing this type of content becouse why bother whem you get same gear by dping mindless content. It invalidates content thats problem. And as i said i am not mythic raider. Buffing emissary to heroic raiding fear have alredy killed many casual raiding guilds and this will be lat nail. If you think yhis system keeps people.playing than i have bad news for you. It actualy makes people quit faster.
    I raid only heroic myself too. I will not give that up and I will not grind benthic gear even on Alts. WQ grind is boring and stupid.

I believe that players who give up raiding and get their gear via world quests were not really raiders in the first place. But if they decide to do world quests instead I don't mind them getting the same gear as me. I will be decked out in in 430 many weeks before them, will have spent less real time for it and most importantly I will have had more fun doing raids/mythic+ instead of mindlessly killing 10 foozles every day for months.

Yeah, this was the same sentiment back in mid-late WotLK as well as Cata. I wonder how many times Blizzard is going to "fine tune" this system before they just scrap it altogether.
    No, it wasn't. That's what people seem to not get nowadays.

Back then you got badges for doing current content, which in return rewarded you with items in case you weren't good enough to farm the content. By raiding + capping weekly badges from heroics you got a few supplementary items. You didn't get a full set. You still had to raid. There was no way to skip one thing or the other. You participated, you got shit. If you didn't, you got bad items to catch up. That's it.

The current system is nowhere close to what it was in the past. It's pure trash. Nothing but trash.

I raid only heroic myself too. I will not give that up and I will not grind benthic gear even on Alts. WQ grind is boring and stupid.

I believe that players who give up raiding and get their gear via world quests were not really raiders in the first place. But if they decide to do world quests instead I don't mind them getting the same gear as me. I will be decked out in in 430 many weeks before them, will have spent less real time for it and most importantly I will have had more fun doing raids/mythic+ instead of mindlessly killing 10 foozles every day for months.
    You wont have fun if you will not be able to find players to raid with. And you can be sure that after 8.2 many people will quit raiding. I can alredy see guilds struggle with their rooster even for 10 man raids. My high populated realm have most mythic guilds dead and heroic barely exist.

Gear is for many main reason why they progressed in raids no matter what other says it was main carrot.

Well maybe Blizzard is preparing to remove some difficulty levels for raids and have progression outside of instances. Than it would make sense. But having world Q rewards be same itemlvl as heroic raids doesnt make sense at all. Blizz will propbly remove everything below mythic raiding after parcitipation will drop in those instances.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-11 at 04:47 PM.

You wont have fun if you will not be able to find players to raid with. And you can be sure that after 8.2 many people will quit raiding. I can alredy see guilds struggle with their rooster even for 10 man raids. My high populated realm have most mythic guilds dead and heroic barely exist.

Gear is for many main reason why they progressed in raids no matter what other says it was main carrot.

Well maybe Blizzard is preparing to remove some difficulty levels for raids and have progression outside of instances. Than it would make sense. But having world Q rewards be same itemlvl as heroic raids doesnt make sense at all. Blizz will propbly remove everything below mythic raiding after parcitipation will drop in those instances.
    What item level should this items be then (in your opinion) ?

Note: It will take months to farm this gear. What in your opinion is "fair" for months of farm?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-05-11 at 07:22 PM.

just do M+ and you will have 430+ gear in no time, to be honest raiding is dead in this game in terms of rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well said mate. Absolutely agree.

Invalidating 3/4 raid difficulties just because people seem to believe they deserve Heroic quality gear for killing 10 mobs or afking on a world boss for some Manapearls is silly. It just breaks the natural gear progression.

And this is Heroic ilvl gear that will be obtainable before the raid even launches. How is that normal? Why the hell can you get Heroic gear before the raid that has that item level even opens?

Blizzard have seriously broken progression hard since at least WoD/Legion.
    If that will resemble slightly the argus gearing there is no way you'll outgear the raid in time before it launches , even if all you did was hunting down chests in argus all day everyday the amount needed for a catch up piece of gear was like 1 (2 if you tried really hard) per week.
    Normally I'd agree hard on not wanting people to get to the same level as an heroic / mythic raider but for an expansion so badly received I see the point.
    In my case for example , my guild decided to skip BFA after Uldir. I don't really feel like abandoning those people I played with for so long and like even less make opportunistic friendships with a time limit, pugs can get really mentally taxative, allowing players like me who'd like to still linger around azeroth to have some sort of progression is a good decision (I also do M+ but again , doing the same thing over and over through the entirety of one expansion cycle gets old sooner or later)

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    If that will resemble slightly the argus gearing there is no way you'll outgear the raid in time before it launches , even if all you did was hunting down chests in argus all day everyday the amount needed for a catch up piece of gear was like 1 (2 if you tried really hard) per week.
    Normally I'd agree hard on not wanting people to get to the same level as an heroic / mythic raider but for an expansion so badly received I see the point.
    In my case for example , my guild decided to skip BFA after Uldir. I don't really feel like abandoning those people I played with for so long and like even less make opportunistic friendships with a time limit, pugs can get really mentally taxative, allowing players like me who'd like to still linger around azeroth to have some sort of progression is a good decision (I also do M+ but again , doing the same thing over and over through the entirety of one expansion cycle gets old sooner or later)
    Let me tell you something. The vendor items you could get on argus were 910 ilvl. Antorus LFR was 915. Antorus heroic was 945. That makes 35 ilvl difference between heroic and vendor items, which is fine.

I know, the basic items are 385 but you also get them very easily. It would be somewhat fine if you could upgrade them to normal mode ilvl in 2 months time but no further. Being able to upgrade them to heroic is an absolute joke.

Let me tell you something. The vendor items you could get on argus were 910 ilvl. Antorus LFR was 915. Antorus heroic was 945. That makes 35 ilvl difference between heroic and vendor items, which is fine.

I know, the basic items are 385 but you also get them very easily. It would be somewhat fine if you could upgrade them to normal mode ilvl in 2 months time but no further. Being able to upgrade them to heroic is an absolute joke.
    You wanted "us" to farm for 2 months every single day without skipping a day...to get normal mode gear...

That is really insulting, considering warfronts give better ilvl than normal...
    We are casuals but not braindead.

You wanted "us" to farm for 2 months every single day without skipping a day...to get normal mode gear...

That is really insulting, considering warfronts give better ilvl than normal...
    We are casuals but not braindead.
    Dude, you're making it sound like it actually takes effort to "farm" that. You can fly through the zone on your 310% speed flying mount, oneshot the mobs and log off. That takes you no more than 10 minutes each day. Since flying is enabled, you should be able to get even lower ilvl. Argus was at least extremely dense and you couldn't just fly over everything.

Okay, since you aren't braindead, then probably people who raid heroic are braindead because they are putting that much more time into something that gets them the same result as doing absolutely trivial content for 10 minutes each day.

Dude, you're making it sound like it actually takes effort to "farm" that. You can fly through the zone on your 310% speed flying mount, oneshot the mobs and log off. That takes you no more than 10 minutes each day. Since flying is enabled, you should be able to get even lower ilvl. Argus was at least extremely dense and you couldn't just fly over everything.

Okay, since you aren't braindead, then probably people who raid heroic are braindead because they are putting that much more time into something that gets them the same result as doing absolutely trivial content for 10 minutes each day.
    I wont be having a flying mount.
    Traveling the map alone and completing the quests would take about 30-40min minimum.

I need to do this on 3-4 characters everyday without skipping for month/s.

Its honest work IMO.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-05-11 at 08:19 PM.

I wont be having a flying mount.
    Traveling the map alone and completing the quests would take about 30-40min minimum.

I need to do this on 3-4 characters everyday without skipping for month/s.

Its honest work IMO.
    Wtf do you mean you won't be having a flying mount? It takes you two weeks to get pathfinder part 2. After that idc if you want to roleplay your way through Nazjatar, everyone else will be flying and getting their juicy heroic items by onetapping mobs for 10 minutes each day.