Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If Blizzard wants to make the alliance morally grey...

Why don't they have the lightborn crucify and forcibly convert horde members to the light? And why can't the scarlet crusade join em? We need a good old fashioned crusade against undead and other freaks of nature.

That's not morally grey, that's evil. But I suppose that people have low expectations for an actual morally grey character.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why don't they have the lightborn crucify and forcibly convert horde members to the light? And why can't the scarlet crusade join em? We need a good old fashioned crusade against undead and other freaks of nature.
    Um. Isn't that exactly what Yrel was doing to the mag'har before the Horde came to save and recruit them?

Might still happen.

If you go aboard the Wind's Redemption and below the deck there's Grand Lector Enaara. She talks about capturing Horde prisoners and "purifying" them like demons

It feels good to be at war again, <name>. But I must admit... healing the wounded is growing tiresome. There are far better uses of my talents.

Many of the techniques we Lightforged employed against the Legion would serve us well fighting the Horde.

Kindly inform the High Commander that I am happy to ensure any prisoners we capture are properly... "purified".
    I feel like Grand Lector Enaara and Lasan Skytotem should have both been followers. Since they are the only Legion ARs missing representation in the War Campaign.

They have morally grey characters already. The space goats screwed over huge chunks of their own people and laid a path of death behind themselves as they ran from the Legion leaving anybody that was in their wake to suffer the Legion's wrath. Dwarves and Gnomes rip up the planet. Void Elves are magic junkies. Humans are repeatedly awful to themselves and others. Night Elves are frequently at the start of every major problem either helping cause it or being apathetic and letting those issues grow out of control. For both sides though the ends almost always justify the means, so if things don't work out they just end up being shitbags.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Our universe has the Lightforged.

AU Draenor's universe has the Lightbound; essentially the same faction but this incarnation is more zealous and fanatical. Unless we somehow go back over there, or we somehow get them to come over here, I doubt our Lightforged would resort to that.

Or, it could be an issue of our Lightforged eventually becoming fanatical to that extreme. Who knows?

The Lightforged being tolerant of the void elves is among the most retarded lore decisions recently produced, appaling in every way.

The reason it's done mind is the same reason that Blizzard won't do this - they have no interest in making the Alliance morally grey or even mildly ambiguous, only flawlessly Lawful Good, with the Horde soon to follow.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The alliance has literally the imperium of man with the space goats and the chaos legion with etereals and elves in their ranks and yet nothing interesting happens, even the internal conflict in the horde is so boring with being one sided. Blizzard has forgotton how to write interesting characters like Daelin or Arthas, Illidan got caricaturized a bit in Legion which isn't a good signal

Things I would add to make them more interesting:

-Yrel joins the alliance while pretending to be nice going leader while slowly replacing the chain of command of the alliance with fanatics
    -Rogers gets more power thanks to Yrel who promise her revenge against the forsaken if she supports the incoming coup out.
    -Locus Walker with his new group of Etherals does the same thing which will brew a conflict between the light and void worshippers among their faction(basically imperium vs chaos)
    -The nelves learns the magic from the botanis
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-11 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because Blizzard don't want to make the Alliance morally grey.

And that's a little over the top regardless. It's weird that Lightforged would be so zealous against the Horde while they have literal harbingers of the void fighting besides them.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Our universe has the Lightforged.

AU Draenor's universe has the Lightbound; essentially the same faction but this incarnation is more zealous and fanatical. Unless we somehow go back over there, or we somehow get them to come over here, I doubt our Lightforged would resort to that.

Or, it could be an issue of our Lightforged eventually becoming fanatical to that extreme. Who knows?
    You doubt they'd do that? Did you forget Xe'ra's brainwashing scheme so quickly? Or how bloodthirsty the Army of the Light was on Argus? Some of their quotes were identical to ones I remember from the Scarlet Crusade. Slaughter the unclean, burn them all, cut them all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because Blizzard don't want to make the Alliance morally grey.

And that's a little over the top regardless. It's weird that Lightforged would be so zealous against the Horde while they have literal harbingers of the void fighting besides them.
    I thought so too until I did the Alliance part of the warcampaign where Telaamon goes to die as a diversion for the attack on Zuldazar. He likens the Horde to his people that went to join Sargeras and says he's seen what this kind of ambition does to a world and he won't let it happen again. So to him the Horde are the Manari Eredar, joining forces with another evil overlord. And while that may be a bit of a one sided look at the Horde, because we of course know that they're not all like this, at least for parts of the Horde it is obviously true. Some may not yet know it, but I guess lots of Manari didn't either when it started. Just as lots of orcs didn't when they followed Gul'dan, just like lots of humans didn't when they joined Kel'thuzad or the Scarlet Crusade and so on and so forth.
    The Lightforged also had no problem fighting alongside the Krokul on Argus, because they had not joined Sargeras and were actively fighting him.
    So they see the Alliance as the part in the story that stands up against evil and the Horde as the side that fights for evil.
    Problem here is that this is of course not the case and there's lots of evil in the Alliance too, it just hasn't reared its head as impressively as on the Horde side and also hasn't taken over the Alliance, while in the Horde that already happened twice now (thrice if you count the original Horde that for example Turalyon remembers)
    So Telaamon (and the rest of the Lightforged) would know about what the state of this is right now, but not the more intricate details and also not the complete and complicated history that lead to it being the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Lightforged being tolerant of the void elves is among the most retarded lore decisions recently produced, appaling in every way.
    They are soldiers foremost, so they obey Turalyon's orders, and Alleria is not only his wife, but still a member of the Golden Army. In addition, the main enemy of the lightforged was the Burning Legion, not the Void.
    Turalyon is the problem, because he is holding them back. Blizzard writers need to kill him off, so that the lightforged could become morally gray and edgy.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2019-05-11 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    They are soldiers foremost, so they obey Turalyon's orders, and Alleria is not only his wife, but still a member of the Golden Army. In addition, the main enemy of the lightforged was the Burning Legion, not the Void.
    Turalyon is the problem, because he is holding them back. Blizzard writers need to kill him off, so that the lightforged could become morally gray and edgy.
    Turalyon even being in charge is absurd, dude's like a thousand years old. Are you seriously telling me he's better than all those 25k+ year old draenei?

The issue with the Lightforged is that they never act like people who're partly composed of a cosmic force, the Lightbound fit this much better. Hell, demon hunters get this across a lot more and we see far more of them go crazy/evil, struggle and so on. It's simply lazy and it cheapens the entire cosmic conflict because "lol, we can all be friends after all."
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Turalyon even being in charge is absurd, dude's like a thousand years old. Are you seriously telling me he's better than all those 25k+ year old draenei?
    An audiodrama mentions the council of exarchs. All its members, I suppose, were killed during a long war, so Turalyon is the only one who survived.
    His attachment to his wife can lead to a split within the golden army tho. There may be those who will challenge his views, which can potentially lead to an interesting conflict. All possibilities are there, Blizzard writers just need to use them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    That would also require killing Velen who also moved away from the belief that the light is the only path to peace.

Very easily done. Since its war time you can have quests where u gotta recruit orphans fathers to war and see them cry, take away from farmers all crops for war efforts, burn down small or whatever horde village because higher ranking officer gave you the order. War never changes.
    Instead we have friendly neighborhood gnomes who play dora the explorer with giant gorilla and some just for the gags quests with fire elementals and goblins.

It's nearly impossible. Alliance has shinier balls than Jesus himself.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    That would also require killing Velen who also moved away from the belief that the light is the only path to peace.
    Why? Velen doesn't have a leadership position in their chain of command.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Why? Velen doesn't have a leadership position in their chain of command.
    No he doesn't but he is major figure in their lives, his words can cause them to hesitate and question themselves. After Xera was destroyed it only took a few words from Velen to calm the situation down.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    No he doesn't but he is major figure in their lives, his words can cause them to hesitate and question themselves. After Xera was destroyed it only took a few words from Velen to calm the situation down.
    I don't think he's really that big a figure in these forces that have been separated for a long time... an amount of time that is rather wonky due to wibbly wobbly oddities like a millenia time dilation effect for Turalyon/Alleria and the Army they fought alongside, AND a long bit of time having passed since Argus that isn't really told outright.

And after Xera was destroyed it seemed illidan was the one to calm thigns down by standing up to an enraged Turalyon (though no draenei were actually present in that cutscene).

I mean yeah, Velen is a prophet who saw the fall of Argus and lead his people away, but he also preached ways that are very contrasting to what the Army of Light has lived out. IMO it's like trying to talk about how the dwarves of Ironforge have to act with respect to Brann's actions even though Brann has done jack shit for Ironforge really.