10+ Year Old Account
    Great stuff from Arsenal, well deserved route to the final.

Chelsea though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fancy that, four from the same country in both finals in the same year. A quick look on wikipedia says that this is the first time ever to have happened.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fancy that, four from the same country in both finals in the same year. A quick look on wikipedia says that this is the first time ever to have happened.
    And people still argue that the EPL isn't the best league.

Chelsea made it a bit hard for themselves tho.

The sadness runs extremely deep in me. Only the fact that not a single Frankfurt supporter left the stadium, even when it was pretty much empty, cheered me up again.

Cannot believe how we lost.

CL liverpool: Spurs
    EL London: London

Please let me never wake up again

Man utd player of the year awards.

What a joke, none of them deserve it.

Cant make a case for anyone deserving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Three London teams and Liverpool playing a European final.

Manchester clubs:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Man utd player of the year awards.

What a joke, none of them deserve it.

Cant make a case for anyone deserving it.
    Shaw, Lindelof and McTominay were the only ones that I could accept.

So when Klopp and Poch are hyped to the moon WITHOUT silverware, whats the hell gonna happen when one of them does win a trophy. /Shudder.

Media outlets gonna go absolutely mental on the hyperbole
    Klopp has taken Liverpool to 94 points and back to back UCL finals. He deserves the hype. He also has won before.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Three London teams and Liverpool playing a European final.

Manchester clubs:
    Right, Tottenham is London, I always forget that.

So it's

CL Liverpool: London
    EL London: London

What the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Klopp has taken Liverpool back to back UCL finals.
    Well lets hope this one doesnt end with a petition then ay

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Well lets hope this one doesnt end with a petition then ay
    Klopp the Bottler of CL finals, or Tottenham the Bottler of Anything.

Only one can uphold its title.

Should've been hired for the advertising

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Klopp the Bottler of CL finals, or Tottenham the Bottler of Anything.

Only one can uphold its title.

Should've been hired for the advertising
    I find it more interesting that he managed to not win the league with 1 lost game in a year and i think 2 lost games last year ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And people still argue that the EPL isn't the best league.

Chelsea made it a bit hard for themselves tho.
    I dont think people argue about the best (its Spain), i mean one of the better EPL clubs spend more money then some lower european leagues in totall.
    Its more about time, talent and money wasting.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2019-05-10 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I find it more interesting that he managed to not win the league with 1 lost game in a year and i think 2 lost games last year ^^.

I dont think people argue about the best (its Spain), i mean one of the better EPL clubs spend more money then some lower european leagues in totall.
    Its more about time, talent and money wasting.
    I think people have that view(that english football is best) because of how many teams are winning the league and those right behind. Before each season theres a top 5 that potentially can win the league when the season start. In spain its been between Real Madrid & Barcelona with Atletico Madrid following suit for quite some time now.

Not to forget that Real & Barca sits on most of the money in La Liga, but in PL theres lots more team that are capable of spending and especially wasting alot of money.

But this goes up and down. Last 10 years spanish team has been dominating in european cups(its like people already forgot real M 3 CL wins in a row). Not THAT long ago it was Italian teams that dominated.

Btw - Im a huge fan of La Liga, and pretty much every other league that im able to follow.

Spurs vs liverpool - Will be a tightly contested 0-0 till the 80th, neither team wanting to push forward out of fear of conceding/losing then spurs with Lucas Moura transfer of the century will get a penalty which Harry Kane back from injury will convert and get razor and breath mint sponsorships thrown at him.

And poch retires away to watch over a grateful galaxy and recover from using the infinity gauntlet.

I think it's perfectly fine for the La Liga wankers (just taking the piss, calm down) to have had their fun because let's be honest, in the last decade or so, PL has underperformed for the most part in Europe. Kinda the same has been for Europa League where it hasn't been more until the last few years that PL teams have actually taken it a bit more seriously because winning it means that guaranteed CL spot. But as much fun as the Barcelona/Real Madrid/Atletico fans have had about Spain dominating CL, I do think the tables could turn and we could see PL teams getting further and further each year.

Personally I think the whole "best league" debate is nonsense because it really comes and goes in cycles and people seem to have different things they are basing that opinion on. Is the best league the league with the best individual teams? Then people might say La Liga because those top 3 have been really strong in Europe (other than this season), but for me and many others we love PL because unlike La Liga or Bundesliga or Serie A, it feels like the most competitive league where every team can be a potential draw or loss if you don't give it 100%.

Hopefully PL teams can keep doing well in CL but let's not forget that it wasn't THAT many years ago we saw Inter and Milan go to semi-finals/finals and now that feels incredibly far fetched. The tides change and I think when you look at Real Madrid and Barcelona currently, both are in need to rebuild slightly. Messi and Suarez are getting up there in age and will be hard to replace their goals, Real Madrid looks like an old house in need of full revamp so that might also take a season or two. Meanwhile Bayern Munich and Juventus have also both had fairly underwhelming seasons in Europe, so the window of opportunity for the PL teams to squeeze in and take over is definitely there.

10+ Year Old Account
    United confirmed on their twitter now that Herrera is leaving this summer. A big clear out is needed at the club, but i always hoped he wouldn't be one of them since he is actually one of the few that actually shows that he loves playing for the club and always gives it a 100%.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1127136776114638848

15+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, was secretly hoping they’d find a middle ground and he’d stay. Double sigh...

One of the few players to actually care about the club, of course he had to go.

Would have been twice the captain young is as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the few players to actually care about the club, of course he had to go.

Would have been twice the captain young is as well.
    Indeed. This isn't looking good at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Indeed. This isn't looking good at all
    Well i wouldn't say it's to bad tho since it was obvious he was leaving and he is turning 31 this year and it is time for a big overhaul in the team. I mostly reacted that he was the first one to go. Well Valencia was first i guess a few months ago.