Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    While it's sad that runeforging has been devolved into the rump it is now I don't really think that Unholy should have any focus on 'souls' that really needs to go to frost, god knows that poor spec needs some identity.

I agree that unholy should have more pets and a bigger focus on pets, consistently summoning ghouls, making garg baseline and maybe a skill that summons nerubians (the full WCIII early game treatment) are all steps in the right direction. I can't say blizzard didn't do a lot of good to unholy in legion identity wise. That said I don't agree that sludge belcher should come back 1. Because tiny aboms look silly and 2. DKs don't have to steal from locks i.e we don't needs a st pet and aoe pet a pvp pet. Unholy should focus more on temporary summons to emphasise the disposable chafflike nature of mindless undead.

Finally I just don't get the obsession with making unholy ranged. Third war DKs are spell swords not clothies, there is already a dot based clothie caster with pets in the game anyway. Not to mention Blizzards necros have always had a more melee bent and unholy it what was left of the necro class stuffed into another class so its not like they've never considered the traditional clothie necro.

I'd kill to have a ranged and tank combination aside from druid, so you'd have my vote on that basis alone, even though i'd prefer another ranged weapon user/ chainmail wearer.
    I really like the concept you proposed! nowadays you hardly have any actual options or choice in your skilltree anyway, so i wouldn't mind if they take a few talents to enable additional playstyles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

I agree that unholy should have more pets and a bigger focus on pets
    i'd be fine with that only if you get the chance to focus on diseases and plagues via talents. personally i never saw unholy to be the best fit for a petmaster, but since we don't have necromancers it was a way to differentiate unholy more (also there is warlocks for the summoner-shtick, though undead have a better flair imho).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    I really like the concept you proposed! nowadays you hardly have any actual options or choice in your skilltree anyway, so i wouldn't mind if they take a few talents to enable additional playstyles.
    This will never be allowed by blizzard.

Gladiator Stance

Feral-Tank's were allways a huge problem but since druids also had the hybrid-tax the longest, it was somewhat negligible. On the other hand WoD's Gladiator Stance nearly killed the game balance. It was to good in every aspect of the game. Don't you remember the amount of warrior class representation from WoD?

I don't like the weak DK specs right now either, but the aftermath of a range-40 talent for unholy would delete the whole class for sure. Just remember what warriors had to pay for Gladiator Stance going from WoD -> LEGION. I don't want that for the DeathKnight class.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Like the idea a lot. Be nice to see unholy have more necromancer to it but unfortunately unholy is the spec blizzard toys with and won't get it right and when they do its too late.
    LMFTFY:
    "...but unfortunately WoW is the game blizzard toys with and won't get it right and when they do its too late."

There, all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    This will never be allowed by blizzard.

Gladiator Stance

Feral-Tank's were allways a huge problem but since druids also had the hybrid-tax the longest, it was somewhat negligible. On the other hand WoD's Gladiator Stance nearly killed the game balance. It was to good in every aspect of the game. Don't you remember the amount of warrior class representation from WoD?

I don't like the weak DK specs right now either, but the aftermath of a range-40 talent for unholy would delete the whole class for sure. Just remember what warriors had to pay for Gladiator Stance going from WoD -> LEGION. I don't want that for the DeathKnight class.
    oh i am fully aware, especially since i was madly in love with gladiator stance as a concept and hugely disappointed that they weren't able to balance the concept and keep a S&B dps spec (though i could see the massive problems they introduced with gladiator stance).

i am conceptually pretty much down with everything that introduces new and exiting playstyles or class archetypes as long as it is not another leather melee class.
    wow classes feel incredibly rigid right now, which is exacerbated for DKs by slowing them down even more and throwing away some of their identity in legion imho.

IF Dk will get furth spec it will be based around Red Dragonflight, sure it can be necromancy but it needs to fit it.