Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question ok for Benthic gear but what about HOA catch-up for alts in 8.2?

I'm one of many players that are watching with interest at 8.2, thinking a return to the game.

Benthic equipment seems a good catch-up systems for ALTS or returning players (seems to me an upgraded version of Timeless isle gear) but atm i haven't read any word about Hearth of Azeroth.

I mean, azerite gear is still a thing, and a character without traits unlocked is basically a dead one.

Ok, they have cut-off a part of the grind, but in any case, you need to level up 50 times...i am a little scared about this.

I think Blizz need to make the HOA account shared....so all fresh alts are ready to catch-up faster

what do you think?

Neck levels are already a joke on live, the only issue is that for some stupid reason they made it so AK can't reduce the requirement per level below 1k AP. And you don't need to unlock the traits on your gear anymore in 8.2(at least not by levelling your neck past level 50).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

IIRC in 8.2 you get instantly boosted to 35, and the cost reduction that is in place - and will likely further increase in 8.2 - will make it so that you can catch up rather quickly anyway.

You shouldn't be handed a free 50, and you won't. But it'll cost you far less time to get there.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-05-12 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    IIRC in 8.2 you get instantly boosted to 35, and the cost reduction that is in place - and will likely further increase in 8.2 - will make it so that you can catch up rather quickly anyway.
    They could have just made those CoA rep milestones give you a healthy injection of azerite levels as well as the item level upgrades. Since the item level upgrade quests are account wide now, you still wouldn't need to farm rep on alts again.

430 benthic gear isnt catch up. It is progression gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Getting it up to 430 will require serious farming though. The 400 variant is the catch up. And people wanted "vendor/badge" gear to fill in gearing holes, so thats probably their attempt at trying that out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Artifacts are grind only for mythic raiders that need highest levels ASAP. We never had problems with catch up (maybe with exception of first months of Legion, when AK was manual research).

It's both. 385/400 for catch up, and then upgrades to 430 as progression path.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got an AP catch up since literally legion launch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Benthic gear is a long grind to get 430s. Very very long for all of them. I think you underestimate how ridiculous of a grind that is for a casual player who will actually make use of it.

Necks are made 35 right off the bat. Alts will power through it with crazy AK levels as high as they already are, never mind what they get boosted to. Do you know how nuts they are now? It's like 1-2k for most of those levels. How hard is that to do? Do a slew of 3 boxes and I'm sure at least one of them will be the 1500 AP one, half your WQs will be your AP and bam, you've got like 3-4 levels in the first half an hour. Do 4 heroic islands and bam, you get another couple. That's even just NOW, never mind what AK is at when that patch hits or what it goes up to. It's super fast.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    I'm one of many players that are watching with interest at 8.2, thinking a return to the game.

Benthic equipment seems a good catch-up systems for ALTS or returning players (seems to me an upgraded version of Timeless isle gear) but atm i haven't read any word about Hearth of Azeroth.

I mean, azerite gear is still a thing, and a character without traits unlocked is basically a dead one.

Ok, they have cut-off a part of the grind, but in any case, you need to level up 50 times...i am a little scared about this.

I think Blizz need to make the HOA account shared....so all fresh alts are ready to catch-up faster

what do you think?
    Banthic gear is no catchup, banthic gear is the ebdgame gearing methode for the majority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Benthic gear is a long grind to get 430s. Very very long for all of them. I think you underestimate how ridiculous of a grind that is for a casual player who will actually make use of it.

Necks are made 35 right off the bat. Alts will power through it with crazy AK levels as high as they already are, never mind what they get boosted to. Do you know how nuts they are now? It's like 1-2k for most of those levels. How hard is that to do? Do a slew of 3 boxes and I'm sure at least one of them will be the 1500 AP one, half your WQs will be your AP and bam, you've got like 3-4 levels in the first half an hour. Do 4 heroic islands and bam, you get another couple. That's even just NOW, never mind what AK is at when that patch hits or what it goes up to. It's super fast.
    I am 400+ after playing for 3 weeks. Dont tell me that 430 which is current 400itemlvl will take longer when Benthic gear add another source of gear on top of warfronts, world bosses, emissary chest, etc. + They are accunt wide so i can farm it at 5 alts and have it even 5 time faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You shouldn't be handed a free 50, and you won't. But it'll cost you far less time to get there.
    I think the necklace should be boosted up to 50, and people should have no need to linear progress if they come back for 8.2.

It will just prevent people from returning. Quite a stupid design decision.

With 8.2, everyone should be able to work towards the talentsystem. And not have to farm AP just to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I think the necklace should be boosted up to 50, and people should have no need to linear progress if they come back for 8.2.

With 8.2, everyone should be able to work towards the talentsystem. And not have to farm AP just to get there.
    imo the neck should have been account wide from very start - then people would be done weeks faster and would enjoy system much more.

sadly blizzard know how much it boosts MAU so they will never do it.

we will grind in every expansion from now on because it works

what do you think?
    You realize it's a bait trap for you to come back and sub to blizzard right...? Blizzard's smart and you do whatever u want.....

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    imo the neck should have been account wide from very start - then people would be done weeks faster and would enjoy system much more.

People should stop playing multiple character in first place just it was back in vannila. This perma accoun wide support completly invalidates everything you do on your main.

7+ Year Old Account

what do you think?
    1. doing the quest line to unlock essences instantly gets you to 35.
    2. most levels after 35 by the time azerite knowlege is done and 8.2 is out will be only 1k azerite, which means literally do 4 world quests and hand in your emisarry, and suddernly you have leveled up 3 times.
    3. we already did this in legion and we had 100+ levels, were you more scared of that then the 50 levels now? cause i wasnt, i did 1 world quest and got like 20 levels.

no, dont make the HoA account shared, that is the most stupid request I have ever heard, because then having 50 120 alts would become required. "hand in this free quest for 5k ap every week on all toons then you are max level instantly!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

"Hey lets make tons of alts required"

why do you say "doing so would lose MAU!"
    and talk about it like its this miricle thing, when it has never been proven to work, but has been proven to fail, time and time and time again.

- - - Updated - - -

you start at 35, and every level after is pitiful because of azerite knowlege, as you seriously saying "you know whats a stupid design? having to earn something other people earned, everyone should get free what other people had to grind for"

also the talent system? do you mean the azerite essences? cause yeah... you do the main quest and you get leveled to 35, and get your major trait... t...thats how it works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Banthic gear is no catchup, banthic gear is the ebdgame gearing methode for the majority of the playerbase.
    it is a gear catchup, as it seems likely the tokens will most likley be added later, but are being tested now for obviou reaosn,s as it seems far too odd to have these in at launch, or launch of the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Farming AP is how you work towards the talentsystem. The first talent slot, the big active one, unlocks at 35, so everyone can get that immediately - hence the free boost to 35.

The second one (first minor slot) unlocks at 55. Everyone will have to work towards that. People that played actively will have to work less, people that didn't play will have to work more (although not that much, due to AP catchup meachnisms). Just how its meant to be.

You don't get to be at equal footing with active players instantly just for showing up. You already get a lot of help to catch up, but anything else is just a slap in the face for everyone that actively enhanced his character, while others were just absent.

The Weekly Reduction is plenty of Catch up, if you can't be bothered to gather 1000 azerite per level then you seriously are playing the wrong game.

The war campaign gives you a load of levels, WQs, Expedition weekly, its everywhere

you should be 50 very fast as it is.

Quite excited about the benthic gear. It's basically the same as the timeless gear from MoP that was just catch-up gear in its initial form, but with the epic upgrade it was the same ilvl as flex(now normal) gear (ilvl540 at this time)

People should stop playing multiple character in first place just it was back in vannila. This perma accoun wide support completly invalidates everything you do on your main.
    A lot of people played alts in vanilla... your point is invalid... Most of my 40 man had at least 1-2.

If you want to try a different class you kind of need alts.